Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ You and Me ❯ Suppressed Emotions ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You and Me
 
By Rin Amaru
 
Disclaimer: Did you hear the voices… of the last six chapters?
 
A/N: Dumb disclaimer… grumble, grumble… Okay! This chapter is dedicated to kitsune55's friend Courtney who collapsed and has been in the Intensive Care Unit since the incident. Please pray/send good thoughts to her. I have. Enjoy the chapter!
 
*~*
Chapter 7
 
Suppressed Emotions
 
*~*
 
If I have to sign another one of these stupid posters again, I'll kill someone… Oh, god… I have to sign another one… I don't even look that good in that picture.
 
Right now, we are at a Borders in-store signing in lovely St. Louis. We're sitting in a row (Me, Akira, Kyoshiro, Benitora and Sasuke) in folding chairs at folding tables. The only reason any of us are doing this is that Yuya said we wouldn't get dinner unless we submitted to her schedule.
 
Damn, schedule… Ugh… My hand… is cramping…
 
I felt a cool hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Yuya giggling at me.
 
“You're doing a good job, Kyo. Keep it up!” she said cheerfully, on her way to deliver a cup of hot chocolate to Sasuke. They're even closer now that they're going to be real siblings.
 
I heard a very quiet “Excuse me” and looked up from signing another damned poster and saw a blushing girl with my face printed onto her white T-shirt. Her face was filled with acne and her braces were covered in plaque. I held back a grimace.
 
“What?” I asked, obviously bored but trying to be nice. The girl handed me her copy of the stupid poster. I took it.
 
After signing my name underneath my chin, an evil thought came to mind. I drew devil horns on Kyoshiro's head. I'm such a genius…
 
The girl looked shocked but laughed anyway, picking up the poster and walking away. Next in line was a guy with my face taped onto his shirt. Cheapo… He handed me his damned poster and I signed my name.
 
Before walking away, he shouted, “Kyo! You're so hot!” Even though I'm in no way attracted to men, I had to smile to myself. I am hot, aren't I?
 
I heard an all-too-familiar squeal and turned to see Yuya being bullied by none other than my cousin, Shinrei. I hate that guy. He used to chase me around at family reunions, yelling crap about honor and family values. He even dared to challenge my band by joining the Mibu with his brother, Hotaru. Whatever… Upon hearing another squeal, I stood up.
 
“Kyo… I know you want to protect her, but, please, we have a job to do,” Akira said, acting like he was my mother. I growled and walked away anyway. I heard him say to the people in my line to wait there for a few minutes.
 
I love my little brother.
 
When I reached Yuya and Shinrei, I stood in between them, “Get away from her…”
 
“Kyo! Dear, cousin… How have you been?” he said, sarcasm laced heavily in his voice.
 
“Just peachy,” I spat.
 
“Kyo, you have a cousin?” Yuya inquired. I sighed, glaring at Shinrei.
 
“Unfortunately…” I replied.
 
Shinrei laughed, “Well, I better get going. Our grandfather, Nobunaga, your half sister, Tokito, Hotaru, Shindara, and Sakuya are waiting for me…” My strange cousin sauntered off towards the store's exit. My stomach turned at the mentioning of my ex-girlfriend's name. I turned to face Yuya, confusion written all over her face.
 
“Sakuya's here?” she asked. I knew she was going to be jealous. She didn't even know the whole story yet…
 
I opened my mouth to respond when the voice I hate the most spoke behind me, “Yes, she's right here.”
 
Growling, I immediately spun around to burn holes into Sakuya's perfectly brown eyes. She smiled at me sadly, nervously tugging at her purple hair. Awkward silence ensued.
 
“So, Kyo, is Kyoshiro here?” Sakuya asked, voice cracking under the obvious tension. She avoided my glare. My eyes narrowed.
 
“Yes,” I replied, pointing in my twin's direction. The word felt like acid, burning my throat. Calmly, Sakuya walked over to an overexcited Kyoshiro.
 
“Kyo,” Yuya asked, rubbing my arm. Surprisingly, it calmed me. She continued, “What happened between you two?”
 
“She left me,” I said, shaking with suppressed anger, “No, she cheated on me, with Kyoshiro…”
 
A wave of shock came over my woman's face, then understanding. Finally, she understood why I hated Sakuya so much and why Kyoshiro and I didn't get along. Yuya wrapped her slender arms around my middle.
 
“I understand…” she whispered against my chest. I could feel the anger leaving my body, calm taking over. I hugged her back. After a moment, Yuya pulled out of our embrace, smiling up at me, “You should get back to work. Your fans are waiting.”
 
I sighed, quite reluctant to return to signing those damned posters. However, in my calm, I obediently trudged back to my seat. Akira smirked at me, nodding towards the gigantic line of crazed fans in front of me. I groaned, picking up the sharpie, and proceeded to sign my name and draw crazy devil horns on the Ice Prince's cherubic head.
 
Somehow sensing my action in between greeting fans, he said, “Now, Kyo, that's not nice…” I watched my little brother draw snot coming out of my nose, glasses, rabbit-like teeth, and fuzzy eyebrows. Akira laughed.
 
Watching my little brother destroy my perfect face was perhaps one of the most disturbing things I'd ever witnessed. Creepy kid…
 
For the past half hour, after that in-store signing, I have been sprawled out on my hotel bed with my eyes closed, resting my cramping hand. Yuya treated the rest of the band to dinner for surviving the day. I, however, chose to stay behind.
 
Sakuya or Shinrei alone can ruin my appetite, but both? Ugh…
 
Finally, I sat up and walked over to the mini-fridge we shared. I pulled out the last of the sake. Yukimura left some for us before he left for Miami. He's one step ahead of us… We're going to Miami after the concert tomorrow afternoon.
 
I downed the jug. It was a good batch. I officially give it the Kyo Stamp of Approval. I'm so witty…
 
I picked up my acoustic guitar from its case on the floor. Caressing its soft, polished wood, I remembered the song I had started writing in L.A.
 
I found the first chord, D, and then the next, G. The words came flooding back to me…
 
“You come too close,
I push you away
You still came to know
What I meant to say
 
It makes me feel weak
To have you tag along
Maybe you have what I seek
I've been waiting too long
 
I don't need your smile
I don't need your kiss
I don't need your laugh
And I don't think I'd miss
The way you know how
I feel in the dark
You can't have my heart…”
 
Well, that section doesn't quite apply to my feelings now… Whatever. Next verse. Memories of when she was almost raped rushed back from my subconscious:
 
It angers me when
I come to save you
And I feel I'd do
Anything to see you
Again…”
 
Yeah, that's it. How do you feel about her, Kyo? Just let it all out…
 
I closed my eyes, letting the rest come out of my soul:
 
“It bothers me when
You have tears in your eyes
And I can't find the words
To say, `Without you, I'd die'
 
I wanna see you smile
I wanna feel your kiss
I wanna hear your laugh
And you don't know how
I'd miss how you hold my hand
And never let go
You open up my heart…”
 
Upon hearing a familiar laugh, Benitora's I believe, followed by a many footsteps, I decided that was it for the day. I packed up, turned on the TV, and waited for someone to walk into the room so I could get mad at them for ruining my silence.
 
I'm so… evil… and I love it…
 
Fixing the flat, over-used hotel pillows so I could lean comfortably against the head board, I closed my eyes again.
 
Immediately, the image of my beautiful woman, my Yuya, played across my eyelids. I smiled to myself.
 
She can definitely tame me, but I'll have much more fun watching her try…
 
You, know, I should probably make that song about her my first single after I go solo. That would be cool.
 
A song dedicated to the wonderful woman I'm going to spend the rest of my life with will be the first sign of my independence.
 
I'm such a genius…
 
A/N: It sounds so… uncreative to me at the end… Probably because school starts in 2 days… It's so DEPRESSING! Ugh… Anyway, pray for/send good thoughts to Courtney and hope she has a speedy recovery. Thanks for reading! R&R!