Samurai Pizza Cats Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding Bells for Speedy and Polly ❯ Speedy's Proposal ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
 
 
Wedding Bells for Speedy and Polly
 
 
Story by: Phoenix710
 
 
Summary: It's been a year since The Big Cheese was exiled, after trying to claim power over Little Tokyo by smashing a huge comet into the city. Now that peace has been restored, The Pizza Cats, and the rest of Little Tokyo, are busy getting on with their new lives. Good Bird is now married to Carla, and Guido is engaged to Lucille. Speedy decides that it's time to let Polly know how he feels about her (If only they'd done this in the last episode…) Let's see what happens.
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Samurai Pizza Cats series itself, or any of the related characters or locations mentioned within this story. Samurai Pizza Cats is a registered TM of Saban.
 
Rated: K+
 
 
Chapter One: Speedy's Proposal
 
 
 
It had been a year since Little Tokyo was almost destroyed by the comet, and everything was now back to normal...well, as normal as it can be in Little Tokyo. Good Bird had married Carla, the lovely red-haired crow that he'd been separated from when The Big Cheese forced him to become Bad Bird, but that was all in the past now. He had made amends for his actions, and been officially pardoned by Princess Vi, since he'd aided Speedy in destroying the monster comet that Cheese had tried to smash into the city, in a last-ditch effort to force the citizens of Little Tokyo to elect him as their Emperor. Thanks to Speedy and Good Bird, however, Cheese, Jerry Atrick, and all the Ninja Crows, were now inmates on Prisoners' Island, and the Pizza Cats had been declared as heroes by Vi herself. It had been a rather busy night, since it was the first night of Little Tokyo's annual Summer Festival, and the whole city was out to celebrate, and they would be all week, since the festival was a week-long celebration to commemorate the Pizza Cats' heroic actions which had saved the city from total annihilation. Inside the Pizza Cats' Restaurant, the Cats and Good Bird were just closing up for the night. They were, to say the least, exhausted. Speedy, Guido, and Good Bird had run so many deliveries, their legs, or, in Good Bird's case, wings, were aching. Polly was sweating heavily, having cooked at least two hundred pizzas, one hundred pasta dishes, and dished up about fifty-six salads. Even Francine, as perky as she was, was ready to call it a night. It had gotten so busy, they had even had Lucille come in to help. She had done quite well, and hadn't even blown her top once. Francine had given her an easy task, so as not to overwhelm her. She'd had her pull food out of the freezer in back, and hand it to Polly for preparation. After seeing how well she'd done, Francine had offered her a job, and Lucille had been happy to accept. Francine decided to keep Lucille as Polly's kitchen assistant, since she'd done so well at it tonight. Lucille was currently sweeping up the kitchen, and putting food back into the freezer, so it'd be ready for use tomorrow.
Francine, who had just finished counting the money they'd made today, wiped sweat off of her forehead, then said, "Whew...let's see, we sure did a bang-up job today. We made more money today than we have in the past few weeks, almost nine hundred dollars, and you all did great. We didn't get any upset customers, and everything went perfectly. Nice job everyone. Let's just get this place cleaned up, and we can all head off for bed."
Speedy finished mopping the floor, put the mop and bucket back in the closet, and looked over at Polly, who had just finished wiping down the tables, and was now sitting in the living room, having a cold bottle of spring water from the vending machine. He walked in and sat down next to her. Clearing his throat, Speedy said, "Polly, there's something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time now."
Polly turned to look at him, and asked, "What is it, Speedy?"
Speedy got up, got himself a bottle of water, took a sip, then said, "I want you to know that you are the bravest, sweetest, most beautiful girl I've ever met, and that I'm tired of being on the outside looking in.” Kneeling down in front of her, Speedy asked, “Polly Esther, will you marry me?" He then pulled out a small blue velvet box, and handed it to her. She removed the little red bow, and opened the box. Inside was an absolutely beautiful ring with a gold band and a white diamond.
Polly's eyes went wide with joy, and she wiped the happy tears from them. "Oh...Speedy, yes! I love you so much!", she cried, throwing her arms around him. Speedy hugged her back, then said, "I love you too, Polly. Soon, you'll be Mrs. Polly Esther Cerviche." Polly smiled, and kissed Speedy lightly on the cheek, and replied, “I've wanted to be with you for so long, Speedy, but while Cheese was still running around, we could never find time. Now that he's gone, though, you and I can finally be together.” The others heard the two lovebirds talking, and came in to witness Speedy's proposal. Guido smiled, and said, "Way to go, Speedy!"
Francine wiped tears of happiness from her eyes, and said, "I love going to weddings...I'm so happy for you two!"
Lucille started to look like she was going to tear up, and Guido said, “Uh…oh…I think I'd better take her outside, so that she doesn't bring the place down.” He quickly took Lucille outside, and his decision was soon proven to be a wise one, as the sounds of missiles exploding were heard shortly thereafter. Five minutes later, they came back in, and Lucille said, “I'm sorry, everyone…I just get so happy when someone mentions a wedding, I can't help it. Congratulations, Speedy…and you too, Polly.”
Good Bird, who had just put the money from the arcade machines they'd had installed, to provide entertainment for the younger customers, into the safe out in back, said, "Alright! I think this calls for a celebration!" Carla said, “Oh Polly, you're such a lucky girl! I'm sure you and Speedy will get along just like Birdie and I.” The Pizza Cats, and everyone else headed up to their rooms for the night. Tomorrow, they would call Princess Vi and inform her of the happy news. Little did they know, that The Big Cheese was about to make another attempt to seize power.
 
 
Next Chapter: The Pizza Cats call Princess Vi up and inform her of Speedy and Polly's plans to get married, and Vi immediately begins preparations to throw the two heroic felines a royal wedding. Meanwhile, Cheese and Jerry Atrick have another evil scheme up their sleeves to seize power. We'll find out next time.