Samurai Pizza Cats Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding Bells for Speedy and Polly ❯ Calm Before The Storm ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
 
 
 
Wedding Bells for Speedy and Polly
 
 
Story by: Phoenix710
 
 
 
Summary: In this chapter, the Pizza Cats and their friends head to the Imperial Palace for the dinner celebration that Princess Vi is throwing in their honor. Vi is determined to give Speedy and Polly the best time of their lives, and, as such, she orders some of the finest rooms in the palace set up for them, as well as for their friends. Once the Cats finish dinner, Speedy and Polly head out to the Palace's garden to talk, until one of Vi's wardrobe people comes out to get their measurements, and to see what colors they want for their wedding attire. In the meantime, Good Bird catches four Ninja Crows spying on the party, and he quietly takes them out, then he informs the others. Let's join the festivities, as Speedy and Polly get ready to leave their single lives behind.
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Samurai Pizza Cats, or any of the associated characters. Samurai Pizza Cats, and all associated characters and locations, are properties of Saban.
 
Speech in italics=flashbacks
 
 
Chapter Four: Calm Before the Storm
 
 
At 4:30pm, Good Bird put up the sign in the window of the Pizza Cats' Restaurant which read “CLOSED”, then he and Carla headed up to their room to change. Good Bird donned a snazzy green and blue evening coat, while Carla put on a lovely red evening gown. Francine donned her favorite evening dress, which was a deep green, with white trim on the edges. Lucille put on a light blue dress, with silver trim on the edges of the skirt and neckline, then took a rose that Guido had given her earlier, and put it into her hair. Polly, even though she wasn't really much for dresses, knew she had to dress her best tonight, and, since it meant being with Speedy, it was more than worth it. After all, she'd loved him since they were both only kittens, and she remembered fondly the day she'd met him.
Flashback…
Three tough male cats were teasing her, shoving her around, until one of them tore her clothes, and knocked her into the mud. One of them, obviously the leader, was about to start cutting her hair off with a pair of scissors, when another voice rang out across the schoolyard. “LEAVE HER ALONE!!!”, her rescuer, and soon-to-be best friend, and future husband, called out. Polly turned, and saw another male cat, around her age, readying himself to take the bullies on. The leader rushed him, but Speedy sidestepped, and dropped him with a powerful axe kick. The second assailant, the one that had torn Polly's dress, went after him with a tree branch, but Speedy simply caught his wrists, and tossed him over his shoulder. Scared beyond all belief, the other attacker ran off, and Speedy helped Polly up. She said, while still sobbing quietly, “Thank you so much, whoever you are!” Speedy brushed her off as best he could, and said, “I'm Speedy Cerviche, Samurai-in-training. Who are you?” Polly looked herself over, noticing the mud that matted her fur, and her torn clothes. She said, “I'm Polly. Polly Esther. Thanks for saving me, Speedy.” Speedy said, “Why don't I take you to my place, since the school day's over. You can clean up, and I'll have my mom fix your dress, then you can call home and tell them what happened, and I'll walk you home.” Polly smiled, and the two new friends headed off to Speedy's house. The next day, Speedy met her outside the school, after the day was over, and handed her a small box, with a bow on it. She said, “What's this?” Smiling, Speedy replied, “Open it, Polly.” She undid the bow, and popped open the box. Inside, there was a beautifully made flute, colored pink, with gold highlights. Polly gasped, then hugged Speedy tightly. He said, “How about I talk to your folks about starting you into Samurai training? That way, you'll never have to worry about bullies again.” She accepted, and so did her parents, and, with that, Polly's training began that summer. Over the years, under the training of Speedy, and later, along with a new friend, Guido Anchovy, the three of them soon became the three most skilled Samurai in the land. Polly had vowed to herself that day, that she would never love anyone other than Speedy, and he vowed the same to himself.
End Flashback
 
Polly donned her dress, a lovely pink number, with red trim on the neckline, and white on the hem of the skirt. She took a white rose from the vase in her room, and put it on the front of her dress. Guido donned a dark blue tuxedo, and Speedy donned a white one, with blue lapels at the neck. Finally, the group headed outside, to wear Vi had arranged for a limo to pick them up and drive them to the Palace. The driver was none other than Al Dente himself. Speedy smiled, and said, “Al, thanks for doing all this for us, you and the Princess both. You don't know how much it means to Polly and I.” Al Dente smiled, then replied, “Speedy, you Pizza Cats are the honest-to-God heroes of this city, and, as such, you deserve only the best. I could tell for a long time that you and Polly had feelings for each other, and I want to congratulate you both.” Polly said, “Thanks, Al.”
Thirty minutes later, the limo pulled into the Palace's garage, and everyone headed for the elevator. Once they'd reached the main floor, Al went ahead of them and announced to the guard on duty outside the dining hall, “I'm escorting the Pizza Cats, and their friends, Francine Manx, Good Bird, Carla Crow, and Lucille Omitsu, as invited by Princess Vi herself. Step aside, please.” The guard moved out of the way, and Al opened the doors. Once they'd all stepped inside, their jaws dropped. Vi had literally spared NO expense. Decorations were everywhere, soft, romantic music was playing, and there were tables all over the center of the room, covered in plates of anything you could think of. Roast beef, lamb, chicken, various pasta dishes, salads, pizza (of course), fish, bottles of spring water, soda, and Vi had even commissioned her Royal Musicians to provide the music. Speedy and Polly walked up to Princess Vi, bowed, then Speedy said, “Princess, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Polly means more than anything to me, and I just want you to know that I am eternally grateful to you, for all you've done for us tonight.” Princess Vi replied, “Think nothing of it. You risked your lives to stop that huge comet, so you deserve only the best. Now, go ahead and have fun. I'll send one of my Wardrobe people along later to take your measurements, and see what you'd like for your wedding attire.” Speedy and Polly bowed to her again, then headed to the banquet tables. Speedy took a couple of chicken drumsticks, some rice, and a bowl of salad, and Polly got herself a generous helping of roast beef, noodles, and a salad, the first two of which she poured gravy on. They took a bottle of soda for each of them, then headed for their spots at the table, which had been marked out by cards with each of their names on them. As the soon-to-be married couple, Speedy and Polly were one head of the table, across from Princess Vi, her father, and Al Dente, Guido was to Speedy's left, with Lucille next to him, Francine was off to Polly's right, and Good Bird and Carla were seated next to her. Around them, servers asked if the meal was to their satisfaction, to which they quickly answered “YES”, and it was shaping up to be a wonderful evening. Once they'd all eaten their fill, they excuse themselves, and went their separate ways. Good Bird went for a walk around the grounds with Carla, Guido went upstairs with Lucille to the rooftop observatory, to do some stargazing, Francine went to go have a bath, and Speedy and Polly went outside into the gardens. While Good Bird was outside with Carla, she turned to him and said, “Birdie, I'm having so much fun tonight, and you're a perfect gentleman.” He pulled her close, and was about to kiss her, when he suddenly heard the unmistakable voice of a Ninja Crow. He drew his sword, which he'd gotten permission to carry, on the authority of Princess Vi herself, and said, “Carla, go back inside, and try and find Guido and Lucille. I'll come get you as soon as I'm finished with these birdbrains. She took off, and Good Bird said, “Okay, you idiots! I know you're out there…come out now, and save yourselves the trouble of me hunting you down one at a time!” Five Ninja Crows jumped out, and squared off. Good Bird went airborne, and brought his foot down on the head of one of them, knocking him out. The second one got his sword knocked out of his hands, and then Good Bird punched him in the face. He tossed the third one over his shoulder, then used a nearby tree as a springboard for a flying kick, which sent the fourth Ninja Crow flying into his partner. He tied the five of them up with a garden hose, and alerted a guard, who took them away. Dusting himself off, he went back inside, and headed for the Rooftop Observatory, after finding out from another guard where Guido had gone with Lucille, which was where he'd told Carla to go, in order to keep her safe. Once he'd assured her that he was all right, he drew Guido aside, and told him of the battle he'd had with the Ninja Crows. Guido said, “Stupid Big Cheese!!! He's gonna pay BIG TIME if he tries to mess up Speedy and Polly's wedding. If they don't tear him apart, I WILL!” Good Bird said, “That makes two of us, Guido.”
 
In the meantime, Speedy and Polly were sitting outside on one of the benches near the fountain. Polly looked up at the stars, then over at Speedy. He looked so handsome without his helmet and armor on. He wasn't overly tall, but he was well built, athletic, and an excellent swordsman. He was also brave, honest, and loyal, and would do anything for Polly, no matter what. Speedy looked over at Polly, and he was absolutely awestruck. Her blue eyes gleamed in the moonlight, and when she turned and smiled at him, his heart skipped two beats. She was absolutely lovely, even if she was a tomboy. Of course, ever since he'd saved her from the three bullies when they were both kittens, she'd made herself into a fierce warrior. She was strong, hot-tempered, and deadly with her claws, not to mention the heart-shaped explosive bombs that she used in battle. She was also a strong fighter with her blade, thanks to Speedy's training, but she also had a heart of gold underneath her tough exterior, and that side of her was known to only those that Polly trusted implicitly, namely Guido, Good Bird, Carla, Al Dente, Vi, Francine, Lucille, who also happened to be a long-time friend of Polly's, and, of course, Speedy, the one she loved with all her heart. As they were about to go in and get some ice cream, before taking a shower and heading to bed, one of Vi's people came up to them. She said, “I've been sent by the Princess to get your measurements for your wedding clothes. Let's start with you, Miss Esther.” Polly said, “I'd prefer to just be called Polly, if that's alright.” The female tiger replied, “Very well. What are your favorite colors, Polly?” She replied, “Red, pink, and white. Gold is fine too.” The woman jotted it down, took Polly's measurements, then said, “How about a red dress, with pink lace trim, and a white veil, with a gold knit floral pattern?”. Polly replied, “That sounds lovely.” The woman then moved on to Speedy, took his measurements, then said, “What are your favorite colors, Mr. Cerviche?” Speedy replied, “White and blue.” She looked him over, then said, “How about…a white cloak with blue trim, and I'll make you a tux similar to the one you have on now.” Speedy nodded, and said, “Sounds great.” The woman left, and Speedy then took Polly's hand in his, and led her inside. After they had themselves a dish of ice cream, and chatted with the others about what they'd been up to, including Good Bird filling them in on his brawl with the Ninja Crows, which he'd also informed Al Dente of, Speedy and Polly went to their separate bedrooms, showered, then went to sleep. Tomorrow would be the happiest day of their lives, or so they hoped. They had no idea, however, that The Big Cheese wasn't going to let them get married without having to stick his nose into the matter. They both knew, however, that if Cheese did try to ruin their wedding, they'd make him wish he'd stayed on Prisoners' Island.
 
 
Next Chapter: Speedy and Polly head to the Royal Chapel for their wedding, but just as the priest asks if there are any objections, Cheese and his Ninja Crows bust in. What will happen? Find out next time in Chapter Five-Enter Big Cheese!