Scooby Doo Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections In A Ghoulish Eye ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes/Disclaimer: Scooby Doo and all related characters are copyright 2014 Hanna-Barbera Productions/Warner Brothers/Cartoon Network.

No challenge to their ownership is implied; I am not making any money from writing this story, I am just a fan and I am writing this simply for fun.

Chapter 1

Our story begins in the exotic and far off country of Morocco, where Mystery Inc. has arrived to meet their Warlock friend Vincent Van Ghoul.

However the world famous group of adolescent investigators are blissfully unaware that one of the thirteen ghosts from the Chest of Demons plans to use them all as pawns in his ghostly scheme.

As the red and black colored vehicle known as the Mystery Machine drives into a small city, its inhabitants notice the somewhat peculiar scenery, which they will learn more about during their current ghost hunting expedition; the vehicle then makes it's way up to the front of the hotel that the gang is set to stay at, a few moments later the unofficial leader of the group of sleuths Fred Jones parks the van and the gang exits the vehicle.

"Well gang this is where Vincent's telegram said to meet him: The Marrakesh Hotel" Fred remarked.

"I still can't figure out why Vincent would want us to meet him at a paranormal convention?" Daphne wondered.

"Beats me." Fred replied.

"Like not to mention the fact that I don't see a pair of normal guys anywhere around here." Shaggy added with a half joking half serious tone in his voice.

"No Shaggy, paranormal means occult; which means this is exactly the kind of place where Mr. Van Ghoul would be." Velma commented.

"And this is exactly the kind of place that we would find ghosts" Flim Flam replied.

"Like that's what I was afraid of," Shaggy remarked.

"Knock it off Shaggy, there's nothing to be afraid of; besides this is the last place where something weird, peculiar, strange or supernatural would happen or would take place." Velma explained.

A few moments later Scooby and company made their way into the lobby of the posh hotel, with their luggage in tow as they prepared to check in for their stay in the African country.

As the Great Dane and his friends looked around the lobby area, they noticed that a man wearing a red fez, a white shirt and black pants along with brown shoes was watching them; curious as the what the group was up to, the man decided to engage Mystery Inc. in conversation.

"Ah, excuse me do you six have reservations?" the man asked in an accent that sounded somewhat French.

"I sure do, like I have reservations about this entire trip." Shaggy remarked.

"Don't worry about it Shaggy, i'm sure that nothing bad will happen to you or to any of us while we're here." Velma replied.

"Well now that we've taken care of that, we actually do have reservations: we're the Scooby Doo party and I believe you're expecting us" Fred explained.

"The famous Scooby Doo?" the man asked.

"Yes, that's him right over there." Fred explained as he pointed to the cowardly canine of the group.

"How wonderful, we always love having celebrities here at the hotel." the man replied.

"Terrific and we're his friends; I'm Freddie Jones, this is Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, Shaggy Rogers and Flim Flam" the blond collegian said as he introduced the rest of the gang.

"Oh well that is different, right this way." the man said as he led the gang towards their rooms.

Meanwhile a few feet away, two familiar ghosts are watching the group and are getting ready to spring an unpleasant surprise on them, in addition to doing the bidding of their new boss.

"Hey Weerd, look it's those kids and Scooby Doo" Bogel said.

"Yeah I see them, and it looks like they fell for that phony telegram routine hook, line and stinker" Weerd explained.

"I'll say they did" Bogel replied.

"Now, once our guests check in, they won't check out" Weerd remarked as the two spirits laughed as they prepared to put their sinister plot in motion.

Inside another area of the hotel lobby, the man who the gang met before, who as it turns out was the hotel concierge was preparing to give the group of sleuths their hotel room key.

"Here we are room 1313, but she is not quite ready yet, the maids are cleaning it right now" the concierge explained.

Outside of the hotel room, two familiar ghosts enter and are preparing to spring a sinister surprise on the rest of Mystery Inc. while inside room 1313, two maids are tidying up; one of the maids is cleaning drapes and decides to pull them back to clean behind them, the maid sees a large circular mirror and is curious about the object; she gasps as a strange glow begins to envelop her.

"Aaaah!" the maid yelled as the strange glow pulled her into the mirror.

At the exact moment that this was going on, the second maid witnessed the entire horrifying event and ran screaming out of the room; while inside the mirror a strange misshapen green creature laughs in a sinister fashion, gloating at his temporary triumph.

The two dimwitted ghosts Bogel and Weerd, who had been haunting the gang, doing every thing they could to delay Scooby and companies journey in capturing the thirteen ghosts from the infamous Chest of Demons appeared and celebrated because they figured they had captured the Great Dane and his friends; however the strange mirror demon shot a spark of electricity at the pair, clearly displeased at their failure.

"Fools! You failed again!" the demon snarled.

"But boss, we did exactly as you said and put the mirror in Scooby and those kids room" Weerd explained.

"But you didn't catch Scooby Doo and those mortals, you caught the maid!" the creature snapped.

"Ooh, ooh we didn't know that the maids were going to be in here" Bogel replied.

"Yeah, we had no clue that's who the mirror captured" Weerd added.

The mirror creature snarled at the pair yet again, but this time decided to give some advice to the two spirits.

"Silence! I want those mortals and I want them now!" the creature growled.

"Don't worry boss, they must be in this hotel somewhere" Weerd said.

"Yeah, we'll find them" Bogel added.

"See that you do!" the mirror demon declared as he shot another spark of electricity towards the two spirits, the spark missed them and instead hit and melted a nearby nightstand.

The two spirits looked at this development in partial astonishment and partial fright as they wondered if that's what was going to happen to them.

Meanwhile in the streets of Marrakesh, Scooby Doo and the rest of the gang decided that this was a good opportunity to search the paranormal convention that was going on in the small Moroccan city for clues as to why the gang's warlock friend had told him to meet the gang there.

"Jeepers, this convention must span several city blocks, even more; how are we ever going to figure out if there are any ghosts around here?" Daphne asked.

"Like I don't know Daphne and I don't want to find out, let's get out of here Scooby" Shaggy commented.

"Reah" Scooby added.

With that Shaggy and Scooby headed towards whatever was the closet exit from the city of Marrakesh; after walking a few feet however, the two cowardly sleuths bumped into a man with a somewhat unusual hairdo; unusual in the fact that the man's hair was curved at the top similar to a hook, in addition he was wearing a green shirt, a red bow tie and blue pants; the man and Scooby and Shaggy were quite surprised at running into each other and each started to apologize for what had happened.

"Rexuse me" Scooby remarked.

"Oh, I'm sorry I was just on my way into the convention; wait a minute, aren't you Scooby Doo the world famous ghost chaser?" the man asked as he recognized the Great Dane.

"Rho re? Roh, ri ruess ri am" Scooby asked, while chuckling a little.

"Oh, it would just be incredibly decent if I could have your autograph" the man said as he brought out a pad of paper and an ink pad.

"Rof rourse" Scooby replied as he gladly obliged the man and decided to dip his paw in the ink and pressed the paw onto the pad of paper, thereby giving the man his signature.

"Thank you very much, thank you very very much" the man remarked as he took his pad and paper and headed in the other direction after shaking the canine's hand.

"Ri ram a star" Scooby said as he walked by Shaggy and the rest of the gang wearing clothing similar to what a movie star would wear.

The rest of the gang happened to see this and shook their heads in disbelief, in addition to chuckling a bit at the canine.

"Oh brother; I've said it before and I'll say it again, what a ham!" Velma remarked.

"Yeah he's a star all right, a four star klutz." Fred added, while laughing a bit as Scooby ran into a stone post.

Meanwhile in another part of the convention a gray haired woman stood inside a booth working on a crystal ball and some miscellaneous equipment; however, she was interrupted by the man who had previously asked Scooby for his autograph as he told the woman of his adventure.

"Selma, you'll never believe whose autograph I just got, not in a million years would you ever guess" the man explained.

"Not now Sandy, can't you see I'm working? I'm trying to fine tune this Crystal Ball because I'm getting a transmission on it" the woman replied.

"But you'll go absolutely mental when you hear who this was" the man said.

Suddenly the Crystal that the woman was working on began to illuminate; it was displaying an image of the gang's warlock friend Vincent Van Ghoul who was attempting to make contact with the group.

"Scooby Doo Where Are You?" Vincent asked.

"Yeah, Scooby Doo; that was a great guess I must say" the man remarked.

"No Sandy that's who the call is for on the crystal" the woman explained.

"I must speak to Scooby Doo or someone in his party" Vincent replied.

Meanwhile the Great Dane and his friends were heading in the opposite direction when the same man who the canine had given an autograph to a few minutes ago was following them and was attempting to flag them down.

"Excuse me Mr. Doo, I hate to bother you again, but there's a call for you on one of the crystal balls" the man said.

"Hmm, gang I think we better check this out" Fred explained.

"You guys go ahead, I'm going to go check out the gizmos they have here" Flim Flam said.

"Okay Flim Flam, but be careful" Velma replied.

So with that the young boy walked over to a nearby booth and saw a black haired man wearing a light blue suit and yellow tie with a strange looking vacuum type contraption sitting on a table; naturally the youngster was curious as to what the contraption was and decided to ask the man about it.

"What's this gizmo mister?" Flim Flam asked.

"Glad you asked this is the Vacu-Spook 2000, the latest word in ghost catching equipment" the man explained while nearby two familiar ghosts stood by watching the proceedings.

"Hey look Weerd, it's them" Bogel said as he noticed the gang at another nearby booth.

"Yeah and now's our chance to nab them, come on!" Weerd commented as he and his fellow ghost were holding the same mirror that was in the gang's hotel room.

"Do you have a call waiting for us?" Fred asked.

"Yeah I guess your friend thinks this is a public phone or something" the woman replied.

"Hey, it's Mr. Van Ghoul" Velma commented as she noticed that the face of the group's warlock ally was pictured in the crystal.

"I've been trying to reach you all day" Vincent explained.

"We got your telegram" Fred replied.

"But I didn't send you a telegram, you're all in great danger" Vincent explained.

"Danger, what kind of danger?" Velma asked.

"An evil spirit has lured you there" the warlock explained.

"Evil spirit?" Daphne asked.

Scooby Doo, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma continued to stand at the crystal ball booth inside the paranormal convention and listened as their warlock friend and ally Vincent Van Ghoul told them that they had been tricked into traveling to the country of Morocco where the most recent of the thirteen ghosts from the Demon Chest was attempting to do them in once and for all.

Author's Notes: Sorry if this seems like a short chapter, but believe me the next one will be much longer.