Scooby Doo Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections In A Ghoulish Eye ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Scooby Doo and the rest of his mystery solving friends with the exception of Flim Flam, who had decided to browse through the various ghost hunting and ghost catching equipment stood at a booth inside a Paranormal Convention in Marrakesh, Morocco.

Just mere moments ago, Vincent Van Ghoul mentioned to them that an evil spirit had lured them to the convention with a false telegram; the gang wondered just how this could have happened to them but for the moment were more concerned with how they would get out of their current situation intact and healthy,

Meanwhile a few feet away, the two somewhat dimwitted ghosts Bogel and Weerd were continuing to walk towards the gang with the strange mirror from the group's hotel, inside of which was the demonic mirror creature who was attempting to capture Mystery Inc. inside it.

At the present time the gang didn't see Bogel and Weerd carrying the peculiar mirror, because at the moment Vincent Van Ghoul was telling the gang how they could avoid being captured by the evil spirit who had lured them to Morocco in the first place.

"Mr. Van Ghoul, what is this evil spirit you spoke of?" Fred asked.

"Yes, what does he look like?" Daphne added.

"Both of those are very good questions Fred and Daphne; unfortunately I do not know much about this spirit, except that his intentions are to make sure the six of you do not continue in your efforts to capture the thirteen ghosts from the Chest of Demons, however there is something you can do to defend yourselves against this fiendish demon." Vincent remarked.

"Good, we're all ears Mr. Van Ghoul." Fred replied.

"Very well; to save yourselves, you must find the Amulet of Ishkibble; only the powers of this amulet can assist you against the mirror demon." Vincent explained.

"Like Scooby, I think we better Ishkibble out of here!" Shaggy quipped, before quickly leaving in the opposite direction.

Unfortunately while he and Scooby were trying to split, the Great Dane bumped into the booth and as a result each and every crystal ball fell onto the ground, which sent Mystery Inc. along with the man and woman, not to mention Bogel and Weerd as well slipping and sliding across the street.

As a result of which the two ghosts fell and the mirror fell into a small fruit stand nearby; meanwhile a salesman was continuing to talk to Flim Flam about the pros and cons of the strange vacuum like device that he was looking at.

"And of course the Vacu-Spook comes complete with an After Lifetime guarantee." the man explained, while chuckling mentally at the very corny joke that he made.

"Now what is this for?" Flim Flam asked as he pointed to a small red toggle switch located on the top of the device.

"No, don't touch that!" the man yelled.

However, Flim Flam didn't listen as he flipped the lever; suddenly the device began to emit an incredibly strong suction, after a few moments the suction caught the gang's cowardly Great Dane in its grasp as he began to be sucked towards the strange machine, which caused him some distress; a few seconds later the canine became stuck in the device's canister while the Great Dane's master looked on.

"Scooby!" Shaggy said, sounding somewhat shocked at the fact that the Great Dane was now lodged inside the Vacu-Spook.

"Relp!" Scooby shouted.

"Don't worry Scooby; I'll get you out of this." Flim Flam said in a whispered voice to the canine.

"So, how much you want for this gadget mister?" the youngster asked.

"Glad you asked, it's yours for only four thousand dollars." the man explained.

"Four thou, four thousand dollars? For that piece of junk?" Flim Flam replied in surprise and shock at the cost of the device.

"Okay okay, let's split the difference; I'll give you a buck fifty." the youngster explained.

"A buck fifty? Are you out of your mind?" the man replied in shock at the boy's statement.

"Man, some people can sure ruin your day." the older woman said as she and the man began picking up the crystal balls and placed them back where they were.

"Yes but there's an evil spirit here at the convention, this is truly exciting I must say" the man replied.

A few moments later a voice came over the loudspeakers inside the convention area; in this case the voice had some pertinent information for each and every one of the attendees of the convention.

"Attention conventioneers, a reminder: balloting for the ghost catcher of the year award begins tonight at 7, be there." the voice said.

"Wow, the ghost catcher of the year award; can you imagine winning that?" the man asked.

"Yeah, hey Sandy are you thinking what I'm thinking?" the woman replied.

"If we could catch that evil spirit, then we could win ghost catcher of the year" the man and woman both said in unison.

Meanwhile the two dimwitted ghosts were quite displeased at one another for not capturing the cowardly Great Dane and his friends as they attempted to figure out what to do next.

"You numbskull, we almost had them!" Weerd said.

"Look Weerd, they're over there, come on!" Bogel declared as he pointed to the Vacu-Spook booth where Flim Flam was still standing; a few moments later after their warlock comrade had told them of the danger at the convention and to be careful, Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby made their way back over to said booth to check in on their young colleague.

"Mr. Van Ghoul says there's trouble brewing, which means we've got to get out of here." Fred commented.

"Row arout retting re rout of rere first?" Scooby chimed in, still stuck inside the Vacu-Spook.

Noticing the canine was still distressed, the salesman pushed a button on the top of the device, which released the Great Dane from his imprisonment. As bad luck would have it, this development caused a chain recation which sent the group of sleuths, minus Flim Flam towards Bogel and Weerd who were still carrying the sinister mirror.

After the trio were thrown backwards, they happened to crash through several booths and a banner which read Welcome Paranormal Convention and as a result of this landed on top of the ominous mirror.

However, the college aged sleuths, their young companion and Scooby didn't have long to relax as they noticed that an angry mob of conventioneers was chasing them, so the Great Dane and company did the only thing they could do in this situation: they ran for their lives.

"What happened Weerd?" Bogel asked before being run over a few seconds later by said group of conventioneers.

"I don't know, But it just happened again" Weerd replied.

Meanwhile the group's youngest member was still trying to haggle with the salesman, in fact by now he offered the salesperson 75 cents for the device, which was the youngster's final offer, however as the gang ran by the booth with the conventioneers following closely behind, the salesman then relented and gave the device to the young boy for free; it was a good thing that the salesman did this because a few seconds later the conventioneers ran over the man's booth, which caused the salesman to remark that he should have gone back to selling vacuum cleaners door to door, which to him was a lot safer than selling the Vacu-Spook 2000, that is before the man passed out.

With the gang temporarily safe from harm they made their way back to their hotel and to room 1313, where as fate would have it the concierge from the hotel and the second maid were waiting for them, but they didn't look too happy about the group returning and explained to the college age sleuths that they were in a world of trouble.

"So returning to the scene of ze crime, oui?" the concierge asked.

"What crime?" Shaggy wondered aloud.

"Don't try to deny it" the concierge accused; however a few seconds later Fred, Daphne, Velma and Flim Flam entered the room and as you would expect they didn't look too happy either.

"What's going on here Shaggy?" Velma asked.

"Yeah Shag, we heard the noise." Fred added.

"Elizabeth, she was pulled into the evil mirror right in this very room." the maid clarified.

"Mirror? I don't see any mirror in this room." Fred commented as he looked around the hotel room, but did not see what the maid was talking about.

"You were the only ones with the key to this room, so I am holding you here until the proper authorities arrive." the concierge remarked.

"Now come on, there's no way we could have had anything to do with this evil mirror." Fred said, trying to calm down the hotel concierge and the other maid.

"Yes, got here a few hours before the maid disappeared." Daphne added.

"A likely story, can you prove this claim?" the concierge asked.

"Of course we can, and you're our witness Mr. Concierge." Velma replied, with a look on her face that said a lot, mainly that she knew more then the concierge.

"What? How can I be a witness to a crime this heinous?" the concierge asked with a somewhat shocked look on his face.

"Simple, like you when gave us the key to the room, you said and I quote: she is not ready yet, the maids are cleaning it now." Shaggy replied, although during the latter part of his reply he imitated the concierge in his own rather silly way.

As to be expected, while he spoke the concierge did not seem too happy about the cowardly college student's imitation. So, knowing the group didn't want to risk the concierge's wrath any longer, the youngest member of the team decided to speak up.

"Shaggy's right, besides if we really did cause the maid's disappearance like you said, then we would have gotten here earlier than we said we did, which wouldn't make any sense, because we arrived in Marrakesh when we did and besides other than the maid's testimony, you don't have any real proof that we were involved with the maid's disappearance" Flim Flam explained.

"Jinkies Flim Flam that was confusing." Velma commented, while holding her head and shaking it back and forth in disbelief.

"Yeah Flim Flam, where on earth did you learn to talk like that?" Fred asked, sounding rather confused.

"Simple, I had a brother, whose third cousin had a son who knew a guy who had a parakeet and that guy was a lawyer" Flim Flam said.

"Flim Flam, that was the silliest thing I ever heard, but I guess it makes sense considering you're here with us now!" Fred yelled; with that Scooby and company quickly made their way out the door and outside of the hotel before the concierge and the maid knew what had happened.

"Phew, that was close." Daphne commented, wiping her brow as she spoke.

"Yeah, it's a good thing we got out of there before it was too late." Velma added.

"Like there's still one thing I understand, what's going on here?" Shaggy wondered.

"I'm not sure either Shaggy, all I know is Mr. Van Ghoul told us there was an evil spirit after us." Fred explained.

"Right and I have a hunch that spirit had something to do with the maid's disappearance." Velma added.

"Good guess Velma; plus Vincent said that there was an amulet that could help us, so all we have to do is find it." Fred commented.

"Hey, I know a place that sells all kinds of jewelry; the bazaar down the street." Flim Flam said.

"Good thinking Flim Flam old buddy, come on let's go" Fred declared; with that Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, Scooby and Flim Flam walked down the small street and towards the bazaar; however, the two dimwitted ghosts that had been pursuing Mystery Inc. noticed that the gang were walking away and attempted once again to capture them.

"There they go." Weerd commented.

"Well don't just stand there you fools, head them off and don't let anyone see you!" the mirror demon bellowed.

"Right boss." Weerd and Bogel said in unison as they quickly disappeared.

Meanwhile the two people that the gang had met before were walking down another street and were still attempting to capture the mirror demon themselves; the man with the somewhat peculiar hair who had asked Scooby for his autograph earlier was holding a hand held device and was explaining how it worked to the woman.

"With this handy ghost locator, we'll catch that evil spirit in no time." the man remarked.

"Are you kidding? I bet we can't catch a cold with that thing." the woman replied.

However the woman was about to be proven wrong as a few moments later the duo saw a mirror floating by them, which even considering the fact that they were at a paranormal convention was still pretty strange.

"Hey that has to be the evil spirit, come on!" the woman declared as she ran towards the mirror.

"Oh this is exciting I must say." the man replied.

While this was going on Scooby and company had made their way to the Marrakesh Bazaar, and were noticing the sheer number of booths at the marketplace.

"Jinkies, I just hope we can find that amulet in this maze of booths." Velma remarked.

"Don't worry Velma, something tells me we'll be able to find it with no problem." Daphne added.

"You know, I think you might be right Velma. I wouldn't know where to start looking for that amulet with all the people going everywhere." Fred commented.

"I've got an idea Fred, why don't we split up so we can cover more ground." Daphne suggested.

"Good thinking Daphne; now here's what we'll do: you, Flim Flam and I will search one end of the bazaar, while Velma, Shaggy and Scooby will search the other end of the bazaar; we'll meet back here in the middle in 45 minutes, okay?" Fred explained.

"Like that sounds good except for one thing." Shaggy remarked.

"What's that Shaggy?" Fred asked.

"Like I just wish we had some other plan." the cowardly college student replied.

"Oh don't be such a scaredy cat Shaggy, now come on, we have to find that amulet before it's too late." Velma declared.

So with that the bespectacled sleuth and her cowardly companions started their search while the unofficial leader of the group, the red haired member of the group and the youngest member of the group started their own search in the other direction.

However, the gang wouldn't have long to wait to acquire the amulet because about five minutes later a mysterious bearded man came out of the shadows and walked up behind Shaggy and Velma, next he taps Shaggy on the shoulder, which naturally frightens and confuses the cowardly sleuth, so he of course decides to tap Velma on the shoulder.

"What's the matter Shaggy?" Velma asked.

"Velma, did you tap me on the shoulder?" Shaggy replied.

"No I didn't." Velma responded.

"Hmm, well if you didn't tap on my shoulder and I didn't tap on your shoulder then who tapped on my shoulder?" Shaggy gulped as he wondered aloud.

Out of the corner of her eye Velma saw the mysterious man standing behind Shaggy and decided to let her cowardly companion know of this development.

"Uh Shaggy? I think you better look behind you" Velma remarked with a somewhat nervous tone in her voice.

The chicken hearted college student then looked behind him and saw the mysterious man standing there, which as you might expect made him quite anxious.

"Pardon me." the man remarked.

"Y-yes" Shaggy responded in a nervous manner.

"I think I have something that may be of interest to you." the man commented.

"What is it?" Velma asked.

"Here" the man said as he placed a mysterious looking amulet into Velma's hand.

"What exactly is this?" Velma replied.

"The Amulet of Ishkibible, read the inscription and it will assist you in your endeavors." the man responded.

"Wait, how do I use this and how do I read the inscription?" Velma asked.

Suddenly the man began walking in the opposite direction of Velma, who along with Shaggy and Scooby decided to follow the mysterious bearded peddler.

"Wait, wait!" Velma shouted to the man but it was to no avail as he had already disappeared out of sight.

"Great, he just disappeared; now what are we going to, I mean we have this amulet, but we have no idea what it does or how to use it." Velma mused, shaking her head in disbelief as she spoke.

"Like those are good questions Vel, I just wished I knew the answers." Shaggy commented.

"Reah, re roo" Scooby added.

"Well we can't just stand here, we have to find Fred and Daphne and tell them we have the amulet." Velma stated.

"Like I just hope that doohickey can help us." Shaggy replied.

With those words Shaggy, Velma and Scooby walked back towards the other end of the bazaar, where the rest of the gang was waiting; meanwhile, while that was going on Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam, who were still unaware that their comrades had found the amulet, continued to look around the bazaar; however the trio of sleuths were unaware that the two dimwitted ghosts named Bogel and Weerd were watching them closely, so a few seconds later the two spirits decided to take advantage of this development by springing a trap for the three members of Mystery Inc.

"Ooh ooh, look Weerd it's some of those kids!" Bogel commented.

"Yeah it is, come on Bogel, let's go get em" Weerd replied as the two silly spirits carried the mirror which held the sinister specter towards an open area of the bazaar which looked to similar to one of the rest areas that were quite numerous back in the United States; specifically the area contained several dozen tables, men's and women's restrooms and a couple of water fountains if a tourist or conventioneer felt the need to quench their thirst.

"Fred, look!" Daphne declared as she pointed to where the mirror was now sitting.

"What is it Daphne?" Fred asked, somewhat impatient with his female companion.

"It's a mirror of some kind; you know this is just what I was hoping for, after running around this dusty bazaar I could sure stand to check my makeup, clothes and hair." the red head remarked as she took the blond college student's hand as he and Flim Flam followed Daphne close behind.

Within a few moments, the red-haired sleuth had made her way to where the mirror was and as you might expect Mystery Inc.'s richest member had decided to take this opportunity to do everything that you might expect someone like her to do, mainly check her clothes, hairdo and anything else that might be out of place after being chased by angry paranormal conventioneers and a hotel concierge.

"Daphne, we're supposed to be looking for the amulet of Ishkibble, not to mention trying to avoid that mirror demon" Fred commented somewhat annoyed with his comrade as he tried to urge her to walk away from the mirror.

"I know Freddie I know, but that doesn't mean I can't take a break and make sure my hair is all right, now does it?" Daphne replied, with a somewhat annoyed tone in her voice as well.

"Daph, we're supposed to tracking down ghosts, not competing in a beauty contest." Fred remarked, attempting to reason with his girlfriend.

"Freddie, you worry too much, maybe you and Flim Flam should sit down or get a drink of water or something." the red head replied.

"Daphne, the only reason I worry so much is because if we don't catch those thirteen ghosts, there won't be very much of a world for our relatives kids to grow up in, or our kids if we ever decided to have any, whoops." the blond college student began, that is before quickly putting his hand up to his mouth as he realized he may have said something he shouldn't have.

"Freddie! Did you just say what I think you said?" Daphne asked with a somewhat shocked look on her face.

"Hey Fred, I guess you better tell her what you told me a while back" Flim Flam replied.

"So just what did you tell him Fred?" the red haired beauty asked with her hands on her hips as she turned away from the mirror.

"Well, I uh, well you see..." the unofficial leader replied while scratching his head as he attempted to figure a way out of his current predicament.

"Yes?" Daphne asked.

"Okay, I guess I have to tell you now. Remember back before the Chest of Demons was opened and we landed in that village where we met Flim Flam and Vincent?." Fred inquired.

"Yes I remember, go on." Daphne answered.

"After we split up and after you got turned into a werewolf, Flim Flam and I were searching for someway out of that tunnel; inside the tunnel, I told Flim Flam how much I cared for you and that if you were a werewolf the rest of your life, I didn't know what I would do with myself and Flim Flam said that I must care a lot about you, which I did; eventually with what I had told him, Flim Flam figured out that were boyfriend and girlfriend, which surprised me a little bit." Fred explained.

"You did? Freddie, I'm very flattered that you told Flim Flam that and that he was able to figure it out; I guess he must be a smart cookie." Daphne replied, with a warm smile on her face.

"Thank you Daphne, I guess I am pretty smart and a quick thinker too" the young boy answered.

"You certainly are Flim Flam; now as for you Freddie, why did you say if we decided to have any kids?" Daphne wondered.

"Well, it's like I told Flim Flam, I don't want anything to happen to you and if something did I just couldn't live with myself, plus well I'll be totally honest with you Daphne; I love you, I've always loved you, ever since when we were little and maybe some day when it's time and when the two of us are ready, we can get married, then we can have kids and maybe they can tell their children about this, that is if you wanted to Daphne." Fred stated as he stood in front of the red head, not knowing quite what to expect and not knowing what her answer would be.

"Fred, I-I love you too, and I think that someday when we're really ready and we think it's the right time, I will definitely, without a single doubt marry you; plus maybe you're right, maybe someday we can have kids of our own and if they really want to, maybe they can get involved in ghost chasing and mystery solving." the red head replied.

"I guess they could Daphne, I mean if they really wanted to; even though it is a strange career field to go into, but I suppose it is something that we could pass down to our children, I mean every parent has something they want to pass down to their kids and I guess ghost hunting and mystery solving would be that thing." Fred commented.

"Yeah, although we would have to tell them to be extra careful because of all the ghosts and crooks in the world, after all you never know when one of them could rear their ugly head." Daphne replied.

Meanwhile, Bogel and Weerd picked up the strange mirror and began carrying it towards where Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam were standing; however while all of this was going on, the two amateur ghost hunters that had bumped into Scooby and company earlier were watching the trio of sleuths and what was going on behind them.

"That looks a lot like that floating mirror we saw, I must say." the man commented.

"It must be possessed; hey that gives me an idea, when I give the signal, we'll grab it!" the woman replied.

"That is a decent plan I must say" the man remarked.

While this was going on Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam were continuing to talk while they waited for Velma, Shaggy and Scooby to return.

However in a few moments time, unbeknownst to the trio of sleuths, Bogel and Weerd had carried the mirror to right behind where the blond college student, the red head and the group's youngest member were standing. Considering he had come from the Himalayas and considering he was friends with a mystic, Flim Flam seemed to have a sixth sense when it came to the supernatural, so when he sensed the presence of something where his friends were he decided to tell them about it.

"Guys, I'm getting the strangest feeling that we're being watched and that I think something might be behind us." Flim Flam commented.

"Don't be ridiculous Flim Flam, there's nothing behind us; except maybe a water fountain or table or two." Fred remarked.

"Oh yeah? Well then turn around and tell me what you see." the youngster replied.

"Okay we will" Fred answered; so with that, he, Daphne and Flim Flam turned around, only to see the strange red mirror, now standing right in front of them only a few inches away.

"That's strange, I don't remember that mirror being there." Fred remarked.

"Yeah, I remember it was right over there." Daphne replied, pointing to where the group had been a few seconds ago.

"Hmm, does either of you notice anything strange about that mirror?" Flim Flam said with a concerned look on his face.

"Actually now that you mention it, I do." Daphne replied.

"Yeah, me too; wait a minute, didn't the concierge say that the hotel maid went through a mirror" Fred commented.

"That's what he said, why?" the red head asked.

"Because if I didn't know any better, I would say that's the mirror that got the maid." Fred replied.

"Uh oh Fred, something tells me you're right, which means..." Daphne began; however before she could finish, the two ghosts said something and all of a sudden, the strange specter that inhabited the mirror popped out of it and was now floating right in front of the trio of investigators.

"You were saying Daphne?" the blond college student asked with a terrified look on his face and an equally frightened tone in his voice.

"I was saying, I think we might be in serious trouble!" the red head replied with a frightened tone in her voice as well.

While they had faced some frightening ghosts, ghouls and monsters in the past, Fred and Daphne remembered that all of those villains were merely people in very frightening costumes.

However this time things were much different, this time they had a newcomer to their group in Flim Flam and this time the monsters and ghosts they were facing were quite real and very threatening, specifically the mirror demon the gang was now literally face to face with, who at the moment was laughing in an evil and very menacing manner at the trio of frightened sleuths.

As all of this was happening, the red haired sleuth and the blond college aged leader of Mystery Inc. clung to each other in fear, support and comfort as they wondered just how they would escape from this mirror monster and how they would capture him and ruin his reign of terror once and for all.

Author's Notes:
I guess that was a longer chapter then the first one; also I hoped everyone likes the Fred/Daphne couple moments in this chapter, to tell the truth those were partially inspired by scenes from the movie Casablanca, which I'm guessing everyone has seen.

Also that movie was set in Morocco, and coincidentally enough the original Scooby episode this story is based on and this story are both set in Morocco so I figured everyone would enjoy that.