Scooby Doo Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections In A Ghoulish Eye ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam continued to stand by helplessly, almost in sheer terror at the sight of the strange creature that had taken shape and was now in the Marrakesh Bazaar, which came from a sinister looking mirror only a few seconds ago.

Naturally, this made all of the rest of the conventioneers quite nervous as well, because when they saw the hideous sight of the mirror demon, they all ran for the hills; however, while all of this was going on the two amateur ghost hunters were setting their sights on capturing the strange creature and hopefully winning the ghost catcher of the year award as they prepared to make their move.

"On your mark, get set, go!" the woman said holding a net; she and the man that was with her charged at the mirror, right past Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam hoping to imprison the creature but instead they were captured, which made the two dimwitted specters quite unhappy as the mirror demon went back inside his habitat.

"Uh oh, I think we got the wrong ghost chasers." Bogel said.

A few moments later, out of the line of sight of Scooby and company, the mirror demon decided to berate the two specters for their failure to capture Mystery Inc. in his own special and ghostly way.

"You imbeciles! Can't you get anything right? Those six mortals are the only ones who can return me to the crypt, I want them captured!" the mirror demon growled as he shot a spark of electricity at Bogel and Weerd.

"Yes sir!" the two ghosts answered.

"This is your last chance!' The demon bellowed as he disappeared once again; with those words, Bogel and Weerd picked up the mirror and disappeared as they hoped that the third time would indeed be the charm, in this case the third attempt to capture Mystery Inc. would be the charm.

Velma, Shaggy and Scooby naturally saw this and decided to see if their fellow mystery solvers were anywhere around.

"Fred, Daphne, Flim Flam are you guys here?" the bespectacled college student asked.

A few seconds later, the red haired sleuth, the blond haired college student and the youngest member of the group walked towards their fellow investigators; as the former trio of sleuths reunited with their friends, it was apparent that Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam were quite happy to see Velma, Shaggy and Scooby again.

"Velma, Shaggy, Scooby? Where have you guys been?" Fred asked.

"Yeah, we just a run in with that mirror monster that captured the maid and now he's got those two other ghost hunters." Daphne added.

"Zoinks, like that's not good; something tells me we should have split while we had the chance." Shaggy commented.

"Reah, rplit!" Scooby added.

"Knock it off you two; so Velma did you guys anything?" Fred scolded Shaggy and Scooby, before asking the bespectacled sleuth and the cowardly pair how their endeavors were progressing.

"We sure did; we found the amulet of Ishkibble, but there's one problem with it." Velma replied.

"What's that Velma?" Fred wondered aloud.

"Even though I can read and understand several foreign languages, both in printed form and when someone's speaking one of them, I can't make heads or tails of the inscription." Velma replied.

"Hmm, actually that might not be a problem." Fred said.

"What do you mean Freddie?" the red-haired beauty of Mystery Inc. asked.

"Well, now that we've got the amulet, we have a way to stop that mirror demon." the blond college student replied.

"Right, and now all we've got to do is head back to the hotel, grab the Vacu-Spook and capture that mirror demon before he sucks up any more people." Flim Flam remarked.

"Flim Flam, to paraphrase an old song: when you're right, you're right, now come on gang let's get going!" Fred declared.

So with that the group of sleuths made their way back into the Hotel Marrakesh, where as fate would unfortunately have it, the lights were out which made the gang both somewhat happy and somewhat nervous; the investigators were happy because with the lights out, no person or no thing could see what they were doing; however on the other hand, with the lights out they couldn't see if anyone or anything was following them, which as you might expect made the gang anxious as they entered the hotel.

"The Vacu-Spook is upstairs, I'll go get it." Flim Flam remarked.

"We'll have to go upstairs through the back part of the hotel, but whatever you do don't let the concierge hear us." Fred said in a whispered voice.

"That's right, he still thinks we kidnapped the maid." Daphne replied.

"Yeah, so whatever you do Shaggy, don't let the concierge hear us." Velma remarked in a whisper.

"Like don't worry I won't, and that goes double for you Scooby, make sure you don't let the concierge hear us." the cowardly college student said in a whispered voice.

"Reah, rhatever you do, ron't ret the&" the Great Dane said in a whispered voice to a person who was standing in the hallway; naturally the canine thought that the person was one of his friends, but he would soon be proven wrong as the person clicked the light switch on.

"Concierge hear us, oh that is very thoughtful of you." the concierge said as he happened to now be standing in the room with Scooby and company, which made the gang very unhappy.

"Creepers!" Fred shouted.

"Oh Jinkies, it's the concierge!" Velma added with a look of shock in her voice and on her face.

"Oui, and this time you will not trick me." the concierge commented as two burly, bodyguard/bellhops began approaching the gang.

"It looks like this is it." Velma remarked.

"Yeah, like it does doesn't it" Shaggy replied.

"Reah, re're rone for" Scooby added.

"Jeepers, I hate to admit it but it looks like this might be the end of our mystery solving career." Daphne stated.

"Now don't anyone panic; there's nothing to be worried, absolutely nothing." Fred commented.

"Yeah, we're perfectly fine." Flim Flam added.

"Flim Flam, have you completely lost it? We're wanted criminals because the hotel concierge thinks we kidnapped the maid, not to mention we're thousands of miles away from home from our homes, parents and families." Velma noted.

"Yeah Velma, even though my parents are wealthy, if I told them what was happening here they would never believe me or they would say it was totally untrue; so I really doubt I would be able to help." Daphne added.

"Madame that is very interesting; I had no idea that I was speaking to someone who came from a wealthy family." the concierge remarked.

"Why does that make any difference, you still think we kidnapped the hotel maid and you want to put us in jail; so why should someone's monetary wealth be important to you?" Daphne asked, sounding quite surprised at the concierge's comments.

"Because if there's one thing the hotel likes, in addition to celebrities, it's a rich clientele." the concierge replied.

"Now wait just a minute, if I'm hearing this correctly you're telling us that just because Daphne's rich and she comes from a rich family, that there's a chance no matter how small, that you would let us go, without calling the police." Fred answered, sounding as equally surprised as his red headed companion.

"That is not necessarily true, I did say that the hotel loves having wealthy people and their friends staying here, but that doesn't automatically mean that they are above the law, or are not above suspicion of any crimes." the concierge replied.

"So you're going to send us to jail anyway, is that right?" Fred asked.

"Oui, you are the only suspects in the maid's disappearance so therefore I am saying that you six are the ones who are responsible for the crime." the concierge replied.

"Mr. Concierge, can't we talk this over? Just let me and the rest of my friends go downstairs, use the telephone and phone my father in the US, then I can ask him to wire us some money and you can use it for whatever you need for the hotel, please?" Daphne said as she did what she rarely had to do, mainly flirt with a man, in this case the hotel concierge; while she did this the red head was secretly hoping that the man would let the gang go, a few seconds later the gentleman made his decision and told Scooby and company of it.

"Oh... alright, I just can't say no to a pretty face such as yours my dear, however I have one condition." the concierge explained.

"And that is?" Fred asked.

"The condition is that I follow the six of you downstairs to make sure that you don't trick me again." the concierge replied.

"Is that all? We can do that right gang?" the blond unofficial leader of Mystery Inc. said, all the while crossing his fingers.

"Right!" the rest of the gang replied in unison, albeit with their fingers crossed as well, although hidden out of the concierge's sight.

With that Scooby and company walked out of the room and into the hallway; after a few seconds the Great Dane and his friends knew that they had to figure out a way to escape the concierge in order to search for the sinister mirror and its demon, so the canine and company figured out a way to do it.

"Say, Mr. Concierge, do you think we could grant us one little favor before we head down stairs." Fred commented.

"Oh and what is that?" the concierge asked.

"Do you think you could use the restrooms, for example right now?" Fred answered, although the blond college student shouted the last word, which made the concierge very angry as the unofficial leader of Mystery Inc. and the rest of the gang ran down the hallway towards the stairs.

"Ooh! They tricked me again, well they won't get away from me!" the concierge shouted as he and the two bellhop/bodyguards followed Scooby and company, not to mention they were nipping at Mystery Inc.'s heels.

Eventually Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, Scooby and Flim Flam had found their way downstairs, specifically outside a door which led to the hotel shops; after a few seconds, Scooby and company looked around and noticed they had lost the hotel concierge, at least temporarily.

"Phew, I think I we're safe." Fred remarked, sounding relieved.

"Yeah, I guess that concierge couldn't keep up with us." Flim Flam replied.

"Well let's not worry about that now, we've got to find that mirror demon and get the Vacu-Spook so that we can trap him." Fred explained.

"But how are we going to do both." Daphne asked.

"Simple Daph, you, Flim Flam and I will go get the Vacu-Spook, while Velma, you, Shaggy and Scooby search for that mirror and the demon" Fred said.

"Sounds good, we'll meet you back here later." Velma replied.

However as the gang was about to find out, things were not as they seemed, because very soon they would have a familiar and unfortunate visitor.

"Come back here, you kids!" the voice said; naturally it was the concierge who along with the two bell hops/bodyguards were heading towards Scooby and the gang with a look of determination on their faces.

"Yikes, I guess we better split!" Shaggy shouted.

"That's for sure; now let's get out of here before the concierge catches us!" Velma replied; so with that Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam headed out of sight and towards the stairs, while Shaggy, Scooby and Velma looked for a place to hide inside some of the hotel shops.

The cowardly sleuth and his cowardly canine luckily found a place to hide while Velma hid in another one of the shops; Shaggy and Scooby at the moment were fairly safe, however as they would soon find out, they wouldn't be safe for long.

"Like I think we lost the concierge Scoob, plus like I guess it's safe to go outside." the cowardly college student remarked.

"It's never safe to go outside don't you know, when you're wearing last year's fashions" Bogel said as he and Weerd began walking towards the cowardly pair disguised as fashion salespeople and carrying an orange dress.

"We represent the house of Boo La La, offering today's smart shopper the latest duds at new lower prices." Weerd replied; after which Scooby looked at a dress which carried a $50,000 price tag.

"Rhat's reasonable." the canine said.

"Like yeah, even Daphne wouldn't want that." Shaggy commented.

"Step into our dressing room please." Weerd said as the now disguised pair were being pushed and shoved behind a green shade and in front of the sinister mirror which contained the evil mirror demon; Shaggy was now wearing a dark orange dress, while Scooby was now wearing a light orange dress.

The two cowardly sleuths looked into the mirror, not quite knowing what to expect as they inspected their new clothes.

"Ri ron't know Rhaggy, ris it re?" Scooby asked.

"Like it certainly brings out your eyes." Shaggy quipped.

At that moment the cowardly pair's female companion came running into the room; the bespectacled brunette however took one look at the pair and laughed silently to herself, but she didn't have long to be funny because she knew that the trio needed to leave the room immediately.

"Scooby, Shaggy, wait!" Velma yelled; but it was too late, because as soon as the bespectacled college student spoke, strange green flames shot out of the sinister mirror, which frightened the trio as you would expect; a few seconds later a familiar and fearsome figure came out of the mirror and laughed evilly as he began blowing a strong spectral wind towards the trio.

"I have you now!" the mirror demon declared as the three sleuths were sucked into the creature's mouth and as a result into the enchanted mirror, which as you would expect caused Bogel and Weerd to celebrate the capture of Mystery Inc., or at least three members of the group.

Meanwhile, Shaggy, Scooby Doo and Velma were trying to get their bearings and attempting to figure out just what the mirror demon and his two dimwitted cronies had done to the trio.

"Zoinks, Like where are we anyway?" Shaggy wondered aloud.

"Hmm& if I didn't know any better I would say that we're actually inside that haunted mirror." Velma replied.

"Roh-no!" Scooby yelled.

"What's the matter Scooby?" Velma asked.

The cowardly canine pointed to a strange green creature which was beginning to materialize. Shaggy and Velma looked over to where their canine companion was pointing to and began shivering but not as someone would shiver if they were cold, but rather they were shivering in fright at the strange looking creature.

"Welcome to my humble abode mortals, I certainly hope you'll enjoy your stay here... because you will never leave!" the mirror creature taunted, laughing evilly as he disappeared leaving the trio of sleuths alone for now.

"Jinkies, I hate to say it but I think we're done for." Velma remarked.

"Reah, rhat are roing to ro?" the Great Dane asked with a whimper.

"Like there must be a way out of this crazy place." Shaggy wondered aloud.

"Good thinking Shaggy, I wouldn't mind figuring a way out of this kooky mirror dimension myself." Velma replied.

"But like how are we going to find a way out of here?" Shaggy asked.

"Well, I think the best way to figure out how to escape this place would be to split up and search for some kind of an exit." Velma replied.

"Like that's a good idea Velma." Shaggy commented.

"Right, now come on." Velma said as she urged her companions to help with the search; the trio of sleuths then walked up a set of stairs, opened a couple of doors and walked backwards and forwards through the strange dimension before being unable to find a way out, suddenly the group was joined by an unwelcome visitor, specifically the mirror demon as he shouted to the sleuths.

"Foolish mortals, there is no way out!" the demon yelled; suddenly a trap door opened and the cowardly college student and his female companion along with Scooby found themselves falling several hundred feet before landing on a series of strange rings, where they also found the pair of ghost hunters they had met previously.

"Well, it was incredibly decent of you guys to drop in I must say." the man commented as Scooby fell into the man's lap.

"So that ghost got you two huh?" the woman asked.

"Yeah I guess so, but one thing still puzzles me." Velma replied.

"Like what's that Vel?" the cowardly college student inquired.

"How come there's no way out of here, there has to be someway, somehow to escape this horrible place." the bespectacled brunette replied.

"Like what about that Amulet of Ishkabobble or whatever that thing is called." Shaggy asked.

"Good thinking Shaggy and it's the Amulet of Ishkibble." Velma responded.

Shaggy then pulled out the amulet from his pants pocket, as he had been carrying it since the trio found it at the Marrakesh bazaar and handed it to Velma. As she held it in her hands, the bespectacled college student looked down at the strange piece of jewelry; with a look of concentration on her face, she examined the amulet, attempting to figure out its secret, whatever that may be.

Before long, the pieces of the unusual puzzle surrounding the amulet began to fit together and soon the smartest member of Mystery Inc. had uncovered the amulet's secret; a look of accomplishment displayed on the young woman's face, as she mentally applauded herself for figuring out such a difficult puzzle.

Like what's up Velma, you look like that cat from Alice In Wonderland. Shaggy remarked, trying to figure out why she was so happy.

"Well Shaggy, I figured out why I couldn't read the amulet; it was so simple I wish I would have thought of it earlier. Velma replied.

OK, like what's the secret, why couldn't you read it until now? Shaggy asked.

Easy Shaggy, I couldn't understand it earlier because I originally thought it was in some foreign language, like an ancient middle eastern language. However as I soon discovered, the writing wasn't in some foreign language, it was just backwards." Velma explained.

Suddenly, just as the bespectacled brunette was explaining to her cowardly comrades about her findings, a glowing green figure appeared in front of the gang and their friends.

"Jinkies, look!" Velma declared.

The green figure then materialized into the mirror demon that the group had seen earlier.

"Fools, do you really think that Amulet can help you?" hissed the demon.

"Well, we'll certainly see." Velma remarked.

Velma looked back down at the Amulet and began to read the strange writing on the equally strange piece of jewelry, hoping that it would somehow work and that it would bring the trio back to the mortal world.

"Mirror Mirror, Magic Portal Open Up For This Poor Mortal!" Velma said as she finished reading the inscription; suddenly she, Shaggy and Scooby, along with the two amateur paranormal investigators and the maid from the hotel room were transported back through the mirror and into the hotel.

"Get them!" the mirror demon growled as Velma, Shaggy, Scooby and the two paranormal investigators ran from the demon as fast they could; a few moments later the cowardly pair opened a nearby door and out stepped Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam.

"Fred, Daphne, Flim Flam, boy are we glad to see you!" Velma said happily as she recognized the trio while they walked into the room.

"We're glad to see you guys too, but it looks like you've got big problems!" Fred said as he pointed towards the mirror and the demon.

"Don't worry guys, I have an idea; Fred, Daphne, Flim Flam have you guys got the Vacu-Spook handy?" Velma asked.

"Sure do Velma" Flim Flam replied.

"Well then like what are you waiting for, use it!" Shaggy said with a bit of a panic in his voice.

"It's the rest of those kids again." Weerd commented as he and Bogel noticed what was going on.

"I'll finish them for good!" the mirror demon shouted as he shot two strange green energy beams towards the gang, but luckily Mystery Inc. was ready for this as Flim Flam flipped a switch on top of the Vacu-Spook as it sucked the mirror demon into it, trapping him in one its compartments, where he would stay permanently.

"Looks like they bagged the boss Bogel." Weerd commented.

"Yeah, let's pack out bags before they bag us too!" Bogel replied.

So with that the two dimwitted specters disappeared from the room, as they went through the wall; a few seconds later the mirror which had contained the demonic creature the gang just captured melted away, thereby freeing the missing hotel maid which caused Mystery Inc. to cheer as it seemed like finally things were back to normal.

A few hours later after the gang's celebration ended, Mystery Inc. found themselves back in the bazaar as they and the rest of the crowd prepared for the Ghost Catcher Of The Year award presentation, where as luck and fate would have it, the gang would receive a shocking and completely unexpected surprise.

"And now to present the ghost catchers of the year award, our special guest." a voice over the bazaar's PA system said.

Suddenly an elderly bearded man wearing a merchant outfit stepped out on to the stage carrying a gold trophy; at first Scooby and company didn't recognize the man, but after a few seconds something clicked in the bespectacled female member of the group's brain and she realized just who this stranger was.

"It's the peddler who gave you, me and Scooby the amulet Shaggy." Velma said.

"Like yeah, it is isn't it, but I wonder what he would be doing here?" the cowardly detective wondered aloud.

A few seconds later while Mystery Inc. continued to watch the peddler, they were still unaware that the group's surprise was about to come; in fact unbeknownst to the gang at the moment, the peddler was someone who the gang had known for quite a while, for as the merchant removed his beard Mystery Inc. was about to receive the shock of their respective lives.

"Mr. Vincent Van Ghoul!" the voice over the PA system said, which resulted in the audience oohing, aahing and applauding as you might expect a group of people would do, especially the attendees of the paranormal convention, considering who the special guest was.

"He's really famous, I must say." the amateur male ghost chaser said as he held an autograph book in his hands; afterwards the man along with several other people decided to go up to Vincent and get the warlock's autograph.

Meanwhile Scooby Doo and the rest of Mystery Inc. were quite astonished at this development as they decided to talk to their warlock comrade, mainly to ask him where he had been during the group's most recent adventure.

"Vincent! So it was you helping us all along." Fred remarked, still with a shocked tone in his voice.

"But why use the peddler disguise?" Daphne asked.

"My presence here might have scared off the demon and we wouldn't have wanted that now would we?" Vincent said, in a somewhat know it all tone of voice.

"We wouldn't?" Shaggy wondered aloud.

"No, now it is my great pleasure to present the Ghost Chaser of the Year award to&" Vincent said before Flim Flam interrupted him and took the trophy.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" the young boy said.

"But the award is for Scooby." Vincent replied.

"Yeah, yeah I got it; I would just like to thank all the little people who&" Flim Flam said as he began to give an acceptance speech which sounded a lot like someone who had just won an Academy Award.

"Flim Flam, the award's for Scooby." Fred replied.

"Oh, I guess you guys are right, here you go Scooby." Flim Flam said as he handed the trophy off to the Great Dane.

"Rhanks, Rlim Rlam, rthat was rery rice of rou." the cowardly canine replied.

"Yeah, that was pretty cool of you Flim Flam." Fred remarked.

"Sure was, after all Scooby's just one of the reasons that we've done so well in ghost chasing over the years." Daphne commented.

"Mmm-hmm, Scooby's always been there to get us out of a jam and save us when one of us is in trouble or distress, but that's not the only reason that we've been so successful." Velma added.

"Actually since you guys brought it up, I and all of the other conventioneers would love to hear your secret of success." the male amateur ghost chaser said.

"Well since you asked, there are a lot of reasons why we've been so successful over the years; first of all, our teamwork: each of us brings our own part or special talent to the group, I bring great leadership skills, trap making abilities and I'm a great friend and great driver." Fred remarked.

"Right, sometimes I'm danger prone and fall into traps or get caught by villains or hypnotized or what have you, but I'm a great friend and I bring a lot of my wealth to the gang, not to mention I'm a great calming influence, when the going gets tough I'm always able to pull through when I'm needed and can bring everyone out of gloom or doom" Daphne added.

"That's an interesting way to put it Daphne; actually you bring a lot more to the group as well, almost as much as me; what I bring to the gang is I'm very intelligent and I'm always able to figure things out during our mysteries and cases, plus I'm always able to easily figure clues and I'm able to figure out complex things related to any subject, like biology, science and things of that nature." Velma said.

"Like I bring a lot of skills to the group as well; even though I'm kind of cowardly like Scooby is and we both need to be bribed with Scooby Snacks to do something that we think is frightening or scary, but when push comes to shove we're always able to pull through and help rescue the gang or save the gang from danger." Shaggy remarked.

"Don't forget about me, I bring a younger approach to the group and am always able to pull whatever any of the gang needs out of my sweatshirt, plus I'm a quick thinker and can think up ideas as quick as humanly possible." Flim Flam said.

"That's right Flim Flam, you do contribute a lot to the gang and we're glad you're here to help us out" Fred remarked.

"Thank You Fred that was really cool of you to say." the youngster replied.

"Like it sure was; you know not only am I glad that all you guys are here but in addition to that I'm sure glad we captured that Mirror Demon we did." Shaggy commented.

"Why's that Shaggy?" Fred asked.

"Simple, like when Velma, Scooby and I were sucked into the mirror it was the first time in my life I actually spent time behind a mirror; considering all the time I've spent in front of a mirror in my life, I would have sure hated to be trapped behind that mirror for all eternity." the cowardly college student replied.

"That's for sure Shaggy, it certainly would be terrible to be trapped behind a mirror forever and I'm glad nothing horrible happened to us." Velma said.

"Me too Velma, me too; you know, with friends like you guys, who needs enemies like that creepy mirror demon anyway?" Flim Flam replied.

"Well one thing's for sure, if that demon likes mirrors, he'll have plenty of time to think about them in the Chest of Demons." Fred commented.

"Right, and hopefully he'll never bother anyone ever again." Daphne replied.

"Well, if he does we'll be ready when and if that happens, right gang?" Velma asked.

"Right!" everyone said in unison.

With that Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, Velma and Flim Flam continued their celebration of their cowardly canine winning the prestigious ghost catcher of the year award, in addition to celebrating the capture of the sinister mirror demon; a few hours later after the revelry winded down Scooby and company headed back to their hotel where they got a good night's sleep.

The next morning the gang woke up, straightened things out with the hotel concierge, who was quite happy that the maid returned, after that Mystery Inc. checked out of the Hotel Marrakesh and went back to the parking lot of the building where they loaded their luggage into the Mystery Machine and drove away.

As the Hotel Marrakesh faded in the Mystery Machine's windows and Scooby and company headed out of town, the team of college aged ghost chasers thought about their most recent adventure, mostly how frightening the mirror demon was and how thrilling it was to capture him.

With yet another adventure in the loves of Mystery Incorporated complete, each of the mystery solvers hoped that they wouldn't have to go searching for another specter for a long time. Of course, as fate would have it Mystery Inc.'s job wasn't quite down yet, nor would it be for a while.

Scooby Doo and company's job naturally would never be done, at least while there were still some of the thirteen spirits from the Demon Chest lurking around the world. Spirits that needed to be captured and put back in their place where they rightfully belonged, a place where they hopefully would stay for all eternity.

Author's Notes:
Hopefully everyone is enjoying this series of stories and likes my fan fiction writing.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my stories, I greatly appreciate it; also, thank you to everyone who has given me input and given me ideas that I may(or may not) have used in them.