SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Chp1:A Not So Typical Day ❯ Decoding A Past ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Woo, I'm on a roll! I've just been having all of these sudden ideas which means that I've finally killed that pesky writer's block…yay! ^_^ All of these creative juices are bubbling up in my head and idea after idea is pumping out onto paper. I'm so excited and yet I'm so sad. This chapter is going to be a short one, sorry guys. :( But it's a nice set-up for the next chapter so don't be too disappointed. ^_~
 
Chaos: Aww come on, why a short one?!
 
Me: Well, I don't know have an exact idea for the next chapter yet. ^^;
 
Chaos: But you were just talking about how you were on a roll just a few seconds ago!
 
Me: Shut up, times change! T_T+
 
Oh and before I forget, thanks for hangin in there guys. I know it took a while for the last chapter and I have been taking a while with updating the story, but now I've got my act together and I'm ready to go! Please enjoy `Uncovering a Past'.
 
DISCLAIMER: I don't own the original S.D. Gundam Force characters or the original story line. The only character that I own is Chaos Cammerce and this particular story line is mine. ^_^
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
A New Allie? Or Future Villain?
Chp.5 Uncovering a Past
 
“Of all the people, you were the one to take on this project,” Madnug was furious at Grappler, “I would've been perfect to make the Commander's gundam! Why did you agree to do this?!”
 
Grappler set a thick book that was full of notes down on his desk. The piece of furniture was covered in crumbled pieces of paper and scattered pens. It also had a computer monitor and key board on top of it.
 
“Because I need to redeem myself,” Grappler turned around and faced Madnug, “After all of my mistakes this is my one chance to prove that I'm not a failure!”
 
Madnug crossed his arms, “Hmph, might as well let Destroyer create his own gundam as well.” He sarcastically growled.
 
“Shut up,” Grappler growled back at Magnug, “Did you at least bring the soul drive and the A.I.?”
 
“Please…” Madnug pulled out a black box, “My I.Q. is off the charts, like I would forget something as simple as this.”
 
He held out the box towards his comrade-in-arms. Grappler reached out to take the box from Madnug, but the evil genius mecha wouldn't let Grappler take it out of his hands.
 
Madnug leaned forward and spoke in a cold voice, “If you make one little mistake, if one little wire is out of place, the gundam won't come out right and the project will be ruined,” he suddenly let go of the box, “I don't think you'd ever recover from such a mistake.”
 
Grappler gave Madnug a deathly look, feeling realization slap him upside the head. Madnug swiftly turned around and walked towards the door that led out of Grappler's room.
 
He stopped in the door way and looked over his shoulder, “The fate of the Neotopia invasion is in your hands…don't let us down.”
 
Hw quickly looked away from Grappler and walked into the hallway, disappearing from view. Grappler looked away from the now vacant door way and onto the small, black box that was in his hands. He slowly opened it and felt satisfaction as he sighted a small computer chip, the A.I. This little part was the gundams emotions and mind. It was their ser functions. Next to the A.I. was a soul drive. It was dark and had a menacing look to it. It contained a black and purple flame.
 
Everything seemed to be in one piece until Grappler noticed a small crack on the soul drive, making him frown.
 
“Idiot,” he mumbled, “He mustn't of checked it thoroughly after putting it together.”
 
Grappler shut the box. He sighed as he set it on the table amongst the crumbled papers and catastrophic mess. He pulled out his chair and sat in it, resting his elbows on the desk while clutching his head with his hands. The whole realization of what he had just volunteered for was like a kick in the gut. If he succeeded he would regain his honor, but if he failed he would become a laughing stock.
 
Grappler shakily pulled out the Commander's requests for the gundam, the note book, and a pen. He began to write his layout and supplies for the gundam, but as he did so Madnug's words buzzed around his head.
 
“If you make one little mistake, if one little wire is out of place, the gundam won't come out right…”
 
“The fate of the Neotopia invasion is in your hands…don't let us down…”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
“Chaos, are you awake?”
 
Chaos slowly `turned on' in response to the voice. She woke up to find that she was on her back and looking up at a familiar white ceiling. She slowly sat up to find Captain standing in the door way.
 
“Now I'm awake,” she grumbled as looked around the room, “What the heck happened?”
 
Captain seemed as if he was going to giggle, “You just suddenly deactivated when we got inside the base.”
 
She rubbed her head, “Whoa, what did Kao Lynn say was wrong?” O_o?
 
“He said that you were overly tired and that your energy level was low.”
 
Chaos climbed out of the bed and walked towards him, “Huh, that's weird.”
 
Captain walked out of the room with Chaos following close behind. They began to walk down the hallway together towards the meeting room. Chaos had no idea were she was going; she was just following Captain.
 
Chaos looked to him, “So Captain, where are we headed?”
 
He looked back at her, “To the meeting room. We have to ask you some questions.”
 
“Oh, really,” Chaos nervously spoke, “You're not going to interrogate me are you?”
 
Captain shook his head, “No, you'll answer these at your own will. Besides, they're more about your past and not really about current events.”
 
She let out a sigh, “Good.”
 
When they entered the room Chaos was taken back by how may members of the S.D.G crew was there. Chief Haro, Juli, Shute, Zero, Bakunetsumaru, the GunDivers, GunBike, GunEagle, Kao Lynn, and many other members that Chaos couldn't even recognize. Everyone was seated at a very long table. Captain left Chaos's side and sat in between Shute and Zero leaving only one seat left at the very end of the table.
 
“Please take a seat Chaos.” Chief Haro spoke in a soft voice as he signaled her to sit down.
 
Chaos briskly walked over to the chair and softly sat down, trying not to make any noise. She became a little uneasy when she noticed that everyone was staring at her.
 
Chief Haro had finally decided that it was time to break the silence, “So Chaos, do you mind if we ask you some questions?”
 
“Nope,” Chaos answered while shaking her head, “What would you like to know?”
 
Chief Haro nodded to Juli and she pulled out a stake of paper and a penicil. He then looked to Chaos.
 
“What was your main purpose for being created?” He asked, “And don't be afraid to tell the truth.”
 
Chaos dropped her head in shame, “Well, I was specifically created to destroy Captain, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru…”
 
Captain and Zero looked at each other nervously, but Baku crossed his arms. `So she isn't a traitor,' he thought, `She's an assassin!'
 
“…When my original task of destroying those three was done I was supposed to lead the final invasion of Neotopia.”
 
“Hmmm, I see.” Was all the Chief could say and he didn't know what else to ask her.
 
Zero looked to Chaos, “Why did Grappler create you and not Madnug?” The knight questioned, “Madnug seems more like the scientific type.”
 
Chaos slumped in her chair, “Grappler's reputation has been hurt ever since he was assigned to take over Neotopia with Zapper. I'm guessing that he took on the task of creating a gungam to regain his respect with the Commander and other Dark Axis units.”
 
“Or did he create you because he was desperate for the female attention?” Baku teased evilly.
 
“No!” Chaos snapped back in disgust, “The Commander was the one who determined my gender, not Grappler.”
 
“So the Commander was desperate!” >:D
 
“Stop it!” >_<+
 
“Hey,” GunEagle leaned over and looked down the table at Chaos, “Why did Sazabi want a girl and not a guy?”
 
Chaos looked to Baku, “For innocence purposes.”
 
Baku looked away from her and crossed his arms; `I still think they're desperate…' the samurai scowled to himself.
 
Chaos pointed to her face and gave everyone a puppy-eyed look, “I mean would you want to attack this?” she spoke sweetly.
Baku smirked, “No…I would want to kill `that'.”
 
Everyone sweat dropped as Chaos shot up from her seat and pointed to Baku. It was probably a good idea that Kao Lynn put her sword on lock down.
 
“I hate you Bakunetsumaru!” Chaos yelled as she prepared to pounce on Baku.
 
Chief Haro could sense the hostility between the two grow. He stood up and cleared his throat, snagging every ones attention.
 
“That's all we need to know for now Chaos,” he looked to everyone else in the room, “Everyone get back to your stations. Shute, Zero, Captain, Bakunetsumaru, and Chaos you are all dismissed.”
 
Everyone left the room leaving Shute and the four gundams behind.
 
“Well, we don't have anything to do,” Shute huffed, “Do you guys want to hang out at my house?”
 
Chaos tilted her head, “Hang out?”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
“You fools!”
 
Zap
 
“OUCH!”
 
“How could you fail me again?!”
 
Zap
 
“AHHH!”
 
Commander Sazabi ceased his canons fire, allowing Zapper Zaku, Grappler Gouf, and Destroyer Dom to catch their breathe and attempt to explain the details of the whole ordeal. The three lords were on their backs and in extreme pain. They slowly got up as steam radiated off their armor.
 
“Uh, Commander this wasn't our fault.” Zapper squeaked, trying not to anger Sazabi.
 
“Oh?” the Commander spoke softly, “Then whose was it!
 
The Commander re-aimed his cannons at them, making the trio flinch.
“You three have failed me for the final time!”
 
“Hold on, wait!” Grappler burst out, catching the Commander's attention, “We know where Chaos Cammerce is, she was the one who released the gundams and the boy.” He explained as he put his hands in front of him, just in case if the Commander wasn't in the `I'll spare you' mood.
 
Sazabi with drew his canons, “Really? Where is she?”
 
“She's in Neotopia,” Zapper quickly spat, “And she's' working with the gundams.”
 
The Commander was curious, he had never had the chance to see Chaos. She was supposed to go through proper training with Grappler first, and then after that she was going to be introduced to Sazabi. But that never happened.
 
The deck of the Magna-Musai became eerily quiet as the Zako soldiers and the three lords cowered, wondering if the Commander would end their lives.
 
Sazabi `grinned', “Looks like you three clowns have a chance to redeem your selves.”
 
Zapper, Grappler, and Destroyer looked at each other nervously, knowing that this could be their last chance to save their hides.
 
“Zapper Zaku and Destroyer Dom, you two go to Neotopia and retrieve Chaos Cammerce.” Sazabi ordered.
 
“Why am I all of a sudden becoming responsible for Grappler's screw-ups?” Zapper grumbled to him self.
 
The Commander tensed up and shot the red minion a death glare, “She's not just Grapplers problem, she's our problem! She was made to destroy the Gundam Force, something you three are obviously not capable of doing! If we want to conquer Neotopia then the Gundam Force has to be out of the way and Cammerce must be on our side!”
 
Sazabi took a deep breathe and then let it out, letting all the thoughts and ideas of strangling Zapper leak out of his mind.
 
Grappler captiously stepped forward, “Commander, why are you sending them to bring Chaos back? I know her like the back of my hand.”
 
“I need you to set up the lab because right when they get back you are going to immediately reprogram your `mistake'. The sooner we can get her on the battle field, the sooner Neotopia will be ours,” Sazabi explained, “Besides, I think Zapper and Destroyer are perfectly capable of bringing Chaos back in, right boys?”
 
Zapper and Destroyer's mono eyes shrunk. They quickly nodded, `agreeing' with the Commander.
 
“Very good then,” The Commander spoke as his image began to disappear from the screen, “Begin your mission immediately.”
 
The deck of the Magna-Musai became silent once more and the stress in the air faded. The Zako soldiers broke out of the large group and went about their own business.
 
But the stress-free environment didn't last long. Grappler unexpectedly grabbed Zapper's right arm and ripped the temperamental lord towards his face. Their faces were so close they were almost touching.
 
Grappler's pink eye flared, “You'd better succeed in this mission Zipper!” He growled, “Or our funerals will be held sooner than expected!”
 
Grappler abruptly shoved Zapper backwards while letting go of his arm. Zapper scowled, but didn't say anything back. Grappler looked as if he was on the verge of insanity.
 
“Oh, and one more thing…” Grappler added, “Try to bring her back in one piece, I don't want to have to mend bullet holes in her armor.”
 
Grappler turned away from his comrades and began to make his way to the door that led to the inside of the ship. Zapper and Destroyer watched him disappear and stood there in bewilderment. Grappler wasn't usually the short fused one. Zapper shook his head to wake him self up to the task at hand.
 
“Alright you numb-skull,” Zapper huffed as he looked to Destroyer, “Have any ideas?”
 
Destroyer looked to the ground and remained like that for a few minutes. Zaku cocked an invisible eye brow as he watched his counter part get lost in thought. `I think I lost him,' his mind whispered as he scratched his head.
 
“Well Einstein if you don't have any-”
 
Dom suddenly threw his arms up in the air, “We blow up Chaos, BOOM!” >:D
 
“No you moron!” Zapper growled as he hit Dom in the back of the head, “Grappler wants her in one piece!”
 
Destroyer dropped his head in disappointment, “Oh.” :(
 
Zapper turned away from Destroyer and tapped his finger on his chin. This was hard. He has a lot of on-field experience, but when it came to making up sneaky schemes he was no good. That was Grappler's forte.
 
A few feet away from Zaku were two Zako soldiers goofing off.
 
“Hey, want to here a joke zako?”
 
“Of course zako.”
 
Destroyer hopped in between them the two of them, spooking the soldiers.
 
“Oh, oh, me wanna hear joke too!” Destroyer laughed as he clapped his hands.
 
The joke telling Zako shivered, “Alright Lord Dom, you can here the joke too.”
 
“Yay!” ^_^
 
The joke telling Zako leaned forward towards the other soldier and Dom with a grim look on his face.
 
“Why didn't anyone want to hang around Piglett zako?”
 
“Why?” The other soldier and Destroyer gasped in unison. O.o?
 
“Because…” The joke telling Zako began to giggle, “…He smelt like Pooh!”
 
The three broke out in hysterical laughing, shattering the silence on the ship.
 
“I don't even know who Pooh is!” Destroyer maniacally laughed.
 
Zapper was agitated. He couldn't concentrate with all of that noise. He tried covering up his audio receptors, but to no avail; the idiotic laughing was still coming through.
 
“Ha, ha, POOH!”
 
That was the straw that broke the camels back.
 
“Would you three shut-up already?!” Zapper screamed as he stomped up to them, “I'm trying to think and you three bumbling idiots are distracting…Me.”
 
Zaku trailed off for a little bit. `Distracting…distraction.' All of a sudden his circuits clicked.
 
“That's it!” Zapper cheered rejoice fully.
 
He shoved the two Zako soldiers out of the way, “Dom, get all of your weapons and explosives.”
 
Destroyer cocked his head, “We make Chaos go boom?”
“No, better,” Zapper threw his arms in the air to get Dom excited, “You'll make the other gundams `go boom'!”
 
Destroyer hopped in the air, “Yay!” :D
 
Dom immiedietly ran off through the door to get his weapons, and Zapper began to make his way to his quarters as well. He was itching to use his twin machine guns and his gatling gun.
 
As Zapper neared his room he grinned evilly, “Those gundams are going to be in a tizzy by the time they realize what happened.”
 
He opened his door and began to chuckle, “And Cammerce won't know what hit her.”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
So what's Zapper's big plan and what's up with Bakunetsumaru and Chaos? You guys won't know for a while yet so hang in there. ~_^ Well, this chapter wasn't as short as I expected…but personally I thought it was still pretty short. Oh, I read your reviews and many of you agreed that GunEagle and Chaos should hook up. But them hooking up isn't for a while yet, the story isn't ready for that yet. And I still have to make sure that no suggests some one even better.
 
This next chapter could take a while because I'm going on a cruise with my mom for a week, but it could give some inspiration for future chapters! Please leave you thoughts and opinions in your reviews also leave any suggestions for the story line. ^_^
 
T,T,F,N…Ta, Ta, For Now! ~_^