SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Collection ❯ Tasren and Kalam ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Tasren and Kalam
written: 2007.02.23
basis: This is set in "my canon." Is set in pre-invasion Lacroa. You're welcome to reuse the names.

The child looked up.

The twin moons, one waxing, one waning, shone overhead, masking the weaker stars.

"Mother..."

The woman stepped out from a nearby building, a small ball of magical light following her out. "Yes, Kin'?"

The child stretched his arms out to the night sky. The stars were so far away, but the moons...

"Why... are the moons?" he asked uncertainly.

The mother smiled. Her son was a curious one; she wondered if he'd become a librarian, or even a Recorder. She sat in the grass beside him.

"Well, Kin'... the moons of this-day are called Tasren," she pointed to the larger, waxing one, "and Kalam," she pointed to the smaller, waning one. "They were once great heroes, who vanquished tyranny and evil.

They were close friends, and as brothers.. and evil gave pause whenever it heard of them. But one particularly ambitious villain desired to defeat them, so his plans would go on unhindered.

He attracted their attention with an attack on a small village, and sure enough Tasren and Kalam came to fight him. But they were caught by surprise when the evil one struck them with a terrible curse! They were to be taken far away, from where they could never return...

But with their own power, they were able to limit the curse. Still they cannot return, but still they watch over us, as the vigilant moons," she finished the story with a sweeping gesture skyward.

The boy was wide-eyed in amazement, and said nothing for a moment.

Then he thought of something. "Who was the villain? And who defeated him, if Tasren and Kalam couldn't?"

His mother smiled. "Ah now, that's a story for another time.. And time now is for sleep, don't you think?"

The boy groaned. "Aw, mama..." He pouted. "All right... as long as you'll tell me the rest of the story tomorrow?"

She got up, pulling the boy to his feet at the same time. "Of course! I promise."