SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Escape of Dark Magic ❯ Lost in my own ocean of Tears ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lolly: I decided to revamp this whole dumb fic. I reread it the other day, and I must say: It was horrid. I just couldn't believe people actually liked the original story. It lacked so many things! But enough of my ranting. Oh and I'll warn you beforehand there's plenty of flashbacks here, incase they tend to annoy the crap out of you. Have fun .-.
Disclaimer: I do not own SD Gundam or any of its characters.
Story Summary: Zero is believed to have died saving his friends in Lacroa..but did he really? Baku is more than willing to bring him back..but everyone else think he's crazy - Baku/Zero

...Zero...
It almost seemed too surreal of how it all happened so fast. It was a battle between Tallgeese and Zero, viciously standing their ground...when they were sucked into the broken seal, with Zero only having enough strength and time to save Captain, Shute and I..but not himself...
What did I do to lose him? Why must Karma force me to repay my debts in such a heart breaking way...
Baku stared out his window blankly, hugging his knees to his chest. He rocked himself reassuringly on his bed, the soft pitter patter of the falling rain drops soothing his upset soul fairly.
The sky was reflecting his own emotions as vividly as it's gray glory could. Plain, depressing, soulless...tears.
The flame samurai didn't even notice that his bed sheets were slightly damp in a few selected areas...but he never noticed.
He was a strong fighter and a loving friend...
He locked himself in his room in the base for a three days now, refusing to talk to anyone who wished to lend a shoulder to cry on. Captain..Shute...Chief Haro.. even Guneagle, with his unmatchable macho ego, wanted to give him `soothing reassurance.
He's gone...and there's nothing anyone can do about it...
A bolt of lightning followed by a deep growl of thunder snapped him out of his thoughts. Dazed, he looked at the digital alarm clock.
9:34…
He lost all sense of time ever since he locked himself up…He didn't even know if it was the morning or evening…
Laying his head back into his knees comfortably, he closed his eyes, letting a plethora of memories flood back into his unrested mind.
 
Flashback
"Baku...Baku! Wake up! Please!"
I hear familiar voices...and someone is shaking me...why are they shaking me...? It's annoying...
I attempt to go back to sleep. My body felt heavy and battered, yet comfortable and restful..I could stay like this forever-
"BAKU!"
-Or maybe not.
As if cold water was splashed on me, my eyes snapped open and I saw a bleary Shute looking down at me, his eyebrows knitted together worriedly. I attempt to sit up, but my body felt like two ton lead, and dragged me back down. My mind was spinning madly at the sudden rebellion….ouch..
"Be careful, Bakunetsumaru. You are probably still not used to the environment of Neotopia..". I didn't see Captain, but I could tell it was him from his monotone and calculating voice.
Neoptopia...what's he talking about Neotopia for...weren't we just in Lacroa..wait.. NEOTOPIA!?
This time, despite my body and minds shocking pains of disapproval, I sat fully up and alert. My eye panels adjusted from the sleepiness and I could now see everything clearly.
“What-“, I began to say, bewildered
“We have arrived at Neotopia after Zero saved us with his magic”, interrupted Captain, predicting my freak out.
After registering the fresh information, the memories of the fight and Zero saving them flooded back into my mind. I lifted a hand to rub my sensitive temple gingerly, attempting to get my mind clearer…. The last thing I remembered is a beam of light being shot at me while Zero and Fenn were getting sucked away…
I perked up and looked wildly around for said knight.
Oh no…where is he!? I don't see him anywhere!
As if reading my mind, Captain and Shute looked at each other forlornly. Shute stepped up to the plate cautiously.
“Baku…Zero is not here…he's..gone..”, the boy said dejectedly. Captain put a hand on his shoulder reassuringly.
He didn't have to say anymore. I knew exactly what was going on…and am I that damn predictable!?
It was just then I noticed the rest of the base was arriving..but I didn't care…too much to register in mind…body hurts…..blacking out…
…Zero…
It was the last thought that flittered across my mind before I fainted, just in time to see the medics rushing up to check my fluctuating vitals…
End of Flashback
The rain stopped, but it was still dreary outside. Not even a single ray of light fought through the thick clouds successfully.
Heaving an arduous sigh, Baku let himself go and land on the mattress with a dull `thump', putting his hands behind his neck and staring up at the white ceiling. He let his mind wander freely.
I know he's not dead…I can feel it in my gunsoul...The funeral was unnecessary..
Flashback
Everyone who knew the knight were huddled under their umbrellas, listening to the speech that Chief Haro was announcing by Zeros empty “grave”. Baku wasn't listening, lost in his own thoughts. The only outside sounds he registered in his mind were Saylas sniffles of grief, who was standing next to him during the ceremony.
There's no way…He's not dead..I'm not in denial
“He was a strong fighter and a loving friend...”, recited Chief Haro.
Baku kept repeating these words to himself over and over not for reassurance, but to grasp what little comprehension of reality he had left. Afterall, his other half (which he affectionately calls) is gone.
“He's gone...and there's nothing anyone can do about it...”
He was slowly losing his mind after receiving the news that Zero was dead..no..no..Wrong words to use.. “Taking longer to come home”..is a better way to put it..
But he could have sworn he could feel a soft, hesitant gunsoul beat within him that wasn't his own. Was it Zeros'?
“He fought bravely against the evils of the Dark Axis..”
After the ceremony, Baku wasted no time and locked himself in his room. He didn't exchange farewells to anyone else or even take a scrumptious rice ball from the buffet that was held after the event.
He wouldn't be seen for a few days. The only signals of his presence were the sounds of his muffled cries.
End of Flashback
Bakunetsumaru turned to his side, resting his head on his left arm, looking at the small night stand that stood next to his bed. There stood a few trinkets native to his beloved land as well as a radio, an alarm clack and a small picture of the four of them..
Him, Shute, Captain..and Zero.
It was a simple picture, with Shute and Captain doing bunny ears to each other, laughing merrily while he and Zero had an arm around each others shoulders, both doing peace signs with their free hands to the camera…the picture was taken before the whole Lacroa incident.
Baku noted the small crack that reached across the priceless possession, and frowned. Picking it up with both hands, he used his thumbs to slightly move the glass, which was fractured in the middle of it. Closing his eyes, he let his memory chamber open once again.
Flashback…again
Slamming the door after him, he grumped his way over to his bed and fell onto it, letting his head squish itself into his pillow, mumbling incoherent words to himself about a certain winged gundam.
The two were at it yet again, and as usual, their petty name-calling turned into a heated argument about their homelands.
After a few minutes of breathe-catching, the two turned on their heels and stomped off in opposite directions to their separate rooms, refusing to speak another word to each other.
 
Needing to breathe, the musha turned his head to the side, staring at the pristine picture frame that literally shone with friendship and love. Grabbing the picture with shaky hands he lifted it up and glared at it.
 
Why did he have to have such a big crush on that arrogant knight!? Him of all people to adore and want to be with for the rest of his days! His gunsoul must be mistaken to have picked him as the one…of all people he had to chose…it just had to be him..
 
The picture's glass was rattling against the wooden frame, Baku's shaking, battle calloused hands almost cracked the delicate frame with his angered fists right then and there.
 
Getting up off the bed in a sudden jolt of rage, he furiously frisbeed the picture at the adjacent wall, making it crack and plunge to the floor, wounded.
 
Baku glared at it, as if it were a sinister article, balling his hands into fists, fury written all over his body.
 
But it wasn't long before he regretted his mindless decision, and decided to go over to the picture to inspect it gingerly, as if it were a fragile, dying bird. A jagged crack marred the once pristine, glossy glass. It nestled itself right between Zero's and Baku's bodies…
 
Ignoring the coincidence, he contemplated on fixing the picture's glass later and set it back on his night stand kindly.
 
His bed emitted a soft `creeeaaak' as he laid back down on it, staring at the ceiling thoughtfully. He laced his fingers behind his neck and lifted a leg over the other.
 
Does Zero feel the same for me…?
 
Back when they teamed up together, protecting and helping out Zero made him realize certain feelings that bubbled and frothed within him ever since the first sight of the Lacroian.
 
He was at first very confused. He always thought he should only feel that way for a girl gundam. But he convinced himself that Zero was an exception.
 
He was kind of girlish anyway.
 
Sure girls are pretty, have super mysterious instincts and carry out your bloodline to boot, but Zero..he was one of a kind. So what if he was male? He did have quirks…numerous quirks.. but they were what made him and broke him. That's probably why he was attracted to him in the first place. After all, there was an old saying his family back in Ark used to always recite to him: “Friends like you for your strengths, but love you for your quirks”
 
Besides, his better side largely outweighed his more snappy, arrogant side. He was courteous, elegant, kindly (when you get him on his good side, anyway) and all around well-mannered.
 
All in all, when push came to shove…He just wanted to be Zero's…everything.
 
Bakunetsumaru chuckled to himself deafeatedly. He gave up and made up his mind...The knight was defiantly for him.
 
His gunsoul had picked the right one afterall…
 
End of Flashback
 
“Got to get this fixed soon..”, Baku mumbled to himself before putting the picture back down. He returned to his thoughtful stance, staring at the ceiling.
 
Fidgeting uncomfortably, he notices the thick silence enveloping the small room. He was so used to the echoes of his cries for the past few days, he forgot how bleak the room could get. Before then, Zero or another friend was usually there, giving him company. Or he would be outside training until he dropped. But he was in no mood to go outside his room anytime soon.
 
Now he was just lonely, shutting off the world around him.
 
Trying to keep himself busy from his jumbled and overstretched thoughts, Baku turned over somewhat and flicked on the radio to a random station. Any song with some sort of personality to fill the room was more than welcome to his ear sensors.
 
Laying back into his original position, he closed his eyes to listen to the music. He was lucky that the song has just started.
 
Memories, memories, memories

In this world you tried
Not leaving me alone behind
There's no other way
I'll pray to the gods let him stay
The memories ease the pain inside,
Now I know why

All of my memories keep you near.
In silent moments,
Imagine you'd be here.
All of my memories keep you near,
Your silent whispers, silent tears

Made me promise I'd try
To find my way back in this life.
I hope there is a way
To give me a sign you're okay.
Reminds me again it's worth it all
So I can go home.

All of my memories keep you near.
In silent moments,
Imagine you'd be here.
All of my memories keep you near,
Your silent whispers, silent tears.

Together in all these memories
I see your smile.
All the memories I hold dear.
Darling, you know I'll love you
till the end of time.

All of my memories keep you near.
In silent moments,
Imagine you'd be here.
All of my memories keep you near,
Your silent whispers, silent tears.

All of my memories...
 
 
The song hit him on the gunsoul with perfect precision. How true it was…
 
Old tears were starting to form within him, and for the hundredth time in the last few days, he turned to him only reassurance, a pillow, and cried his gunsoul into it.
 
 
Drifting..Drifting..Bakunetsumaru..more drifting…
 
Zero's mind sluggishly turned its gears, not even aware of his surroundings. He felt like he was floating..as if he were on a weightless cloud…
 
Rawwwwrrrnnn!”, a familiar feathered dragon softly roared.
 
Snapping out of his reverie, Zero sat himself upright..or..up-side..down..?
 
“Where am I!?”, Zero asked himself, observing his new environment. He was basically floating in the middle of nowhere. There was no direction in thing place..no sense of time what so ever…there wasn't even a horizon between land and air..it was just…a vortex of ever changing dark colors.
 
“This can't be happening..”, the knight groaned in despair to himself, looking around. He saw no changes in the place; everything looked the same. He remembered exactly what happened after the battle.
 
“Merr..?”, said an unsure Fenn, who was the first to awake from his slumber, gluing himself to him masters side.
 
Worry lifting slightly, Zero chuckled to himself and pet his friend on the head, like a loyal dog.
 
“Greetings dear Fenn…”, whispered Zero gently, making Fenn purr under his gentle ministrations.
 
Damn…that was one hell of a bang..”, groaned a deep voice behind Zero.
 
Zero's face faulted.
 
`Great..not only am I trapped in some black hole..I have to be stuck with him of all people…'
 
Giving the feather dragon one last pet, he turned around, hands on his armored hips.
 
“Knights do not curse, Tallgeese”, spat Zero, not pleased with the words that were uttered from his adversary's mouth.
 
Shaking his head free of the remnants of sleep, Tallgeese gave Zero a mischievous smile.
 
“But I am not an ordinary knight, my winged love…”, he purred. Zero growled, not appreciating the foreplay one bit.
 
“But you are a knight never the less”, retorted Zero before turning his back on the Tempest knight, flicking his cape at him, which was by no means a flirt. But Tallgeese decided to take it like that anyhow. It was just how he was.
 
“Come along, Fenn, we have much ground to cover. If we want to have even a glimpse of hope of getting out of here, it's by traveling and not standing in one spot”, reasoned Zero, before floating off in a random direction, his feathered friend following suit.
 
“Where are you going, Zero!?”, yelled Tallgeese, frantically waving his arms.
 
“AWAY FROM YOU”, the object of his one sided affections yelled over his shoulder, not even hindering his speed.
 
“Ugh…My brain hurts…”
 
“So does mine…”
 
“Grrrr …mmm….”
 
Tallgeese turned his head to the pair of disapproving groans, and frowned. Vayeate and Mercius have awoken from their slumber, along with his legendary golden Gryphon.
 
“What are you three standing there for! Get up already!”, he roared, startling them all awake.
 
The two storm gundams yelped and scrambled to their feet (The best they could while floating in a mysterious vortex anyway) while the Gryphon yawned and stretched luxuriously. He was used to his masters bi-polar temper, and wasn't feigned by it.
 
“If I didn't know any better, I would have said that you two were dreaming about each other..”, mumbled Tallgeese grumpily, following Zero.
 
The two warriors looked at each other, question marks looming over their heads.
 
“He knew about us!?”, they said in usion.
 
“I didn't know we were that obvious!”
 
“Neither did I!”, they said to one another, before obediently going after the Tempest Knight, while the Gryphon floated by in it's own slower pace.
 
Zero and Fenn were kind of freaked out, as they both heard the whole scene.
 
“I don't think I want to sleep any time soon..”, Zero said wearily to himself. Blue, disgust lines were visible under Fenns eyes, showing how much he appreciated it as well.
 
“And why not?”, hummed Tallgeese's voice right next to Zero's ear sensor. He even daringly put a hand on the opposite hip. He was way to close for comfort.
 
“GAH!”, yelped the Winged Knight, jumping a few feet from Tallgeese, who smirked, quite happy with himself.
 
“I'm warning you Tallgeese, you better stay away from me and not try anything funny”, growled Zero pointedly. He had a naïve feeling that the other saw something more than a mere opponent in him. It kind of scared him.
 
“Phht, or what? You're outnumbered, little knight..”, he said advancing towards Zero, as if he were a delectable bit of prey. Which he probably was to Tallgeese.
 
Wasting no time, Zero called upon the power of Mana and magically summoned his buster sword and shield, fluidly shifting into a knightly fighter stance.
 
“Let me refresh your memory with me driving you and your pathetic henchmen away in one blow!", Zero reminded none too kindly, pointing the tip of his sword at Tallgeese's throat. Tallgeese backed up a drop, lifting his hands up in mock defense.
 
“Oh my, don't pummel me with your roses!”, he said, before giggling at himself. Zero rolled his eyes, annoyed, and retreated back to floating frontward. He wasn't in the mood to deal with idiocy…
 
Which reminds him…
 
I wonder if my friends made it successfully through...They should have...I spent the rest of my energy to pull off that move.. I've probably been knocked out for days from that…
 
But I have worse matters to deal with..if I don't get out of here soon, something that is worse than imaginable might happen…
 
“Hey wait for us, Zeeerrrooo~!”, sang a certain voice annoyingly.
 
“Oh dear Mana…”, Zero mumbled, a sweatdrop looming over his temple.
 
“This journey will be a long, torturous one..”
 
 
Whitetail: Yeeaaah, hi. According to my new style of writing, I now write long, droning chapters that have a side effect of burning your eyes out. Whoops, my bad. >_0
 
By the way, sorry if this chapter seems a bit jumbled with all of those flashbacks. I wasn't originally planning on making such a long spiel, but see, I accidentally let my mind wonder and look what it did!
 
But anyways, I hope you ejoyed it and look forward to the next chapter (WHICH, by the way is half done already..)
 
Oh, and one more thing. I don't own that song either. It's called “Memories”, by “Within Temptation”. I normally don't listen to angsty songs, but hey..it's good XD
 
OH YEAH! And I apologize for all of the emo-ness Baku serves by the dozen..but seriously, he Will get better in later chapters. ;D
 
This whole chapter was 10 pages…gawwwwwwd