SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Escape of Dark Magic ❯ Friendly Visitors ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whitetail: Hey guys! ^^ Here's another chapter of EDM. I'm going to forewarn you that there will be some heavy shounen ai going on in this chapter. I never really typed out a romance scene in great detail (especially with gundams DX), so yeah…enjoy!
 
Edit: Sorry for the update but I had to fix a few things that I noticed were wrong. ^^;
 
`Thoughts'
 
“Saying”
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Sd Gundam or any of its characters. They belong to Sunrise and Bandai..I think. >_O;;
 
“Fucking birds…”
 
Said noisy pests chipped blissfully, creating an orchestra of in-sync tunes with one another, complementing each others chosen vocalizations. The mentally exhausted musha peeked open an eye panel, glaring at the gleeful, feathered fowls, annoyed by their unified song of contentment.
 
He himself wasn't at ease, which rooted his enraged decision to grab the nearest object within his groggy arm radius, and chuck it at the window in futile attempt to scare away the defiant birds; which happened to be his pillow. It daintily butted the glass window panel helplessly, only emitting a soft noise that was deficient to scare away the birds.
 
The carol only paused for a golden moment, before commencing up once again. Baku groaned, and covered his ear sensors bitterly, not in the mood to be enlightened. Afterall, he spent the whole night crying himself to sleep, only to be welcomed with a none too friendly nightmare version of replayed events, edited with gorey effects and unnecessary ghost appearances.
 
In other words: He didn't have a single, restful wink.
 
Getting up off the bed lazily and letting his cranky body slump over slightly, he dragged himself over to the window and opened it to the top of the bi-section. Popping his head out of the window, he filled himself to the brim with air, and let it out with a cheerful, booming roar of:
 
“GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!”
 
The flock immediately scrambled out of their branch posts and scattered away as swiftly as their stubbly wings could realistically carry them. It wasn't until they were distant silhouettes when Baku huffed victoriously and slammed the window shut, making it rattle crudely against its frame, along with anything else that was bordering that wall.
 
Letting out a lionish yawn, he put his hands on his hips and leaned back marginally, prematurely forcing weakened gears and metallic joints back into their rightful places. Sitting on that bed upright without training the life out of himself religiously really got him out of shape. He brooded over the decision of breaking the ice and going back outside and living again.
 
`But how could I? I need to help Zero'
 
He turned himself and looked out the window solemnly, dreamily getting lost in his thoughts.
 
`No wonder why the birds were singing this morning…the sun is out and the weather is warm and agreeable..perfect for training…if I am going to assist with Zeros rescue..I got to be in decent shape at least…'
 
He reasoned with himself mentally for a minute, his groaning physique agreeing.
 
He nearly jumped when there was a shy, doubtful knocking on his door, which caused Baku to snap out of his wavering thoughts. He turned his head to the door, surprised. He wasn't expecting anyone in the base to have the guts to knock on his door, especially after he yelled at the birds with that murderous tone. You could have easily heard it a mile away at least. But he was actually in the mood for company, just not a choir.
 
“Erm..who is it?”, answered Baku clumsily with his cracked voice. He was deftly trying to regain his once manly tone that was stressed due to days of high pitched crying.
 
He looked wildly around, making sure everything was in place. He didn't want the visitor to have any questionable thoughts about his actions in the last few days. He wanted everything to look as normal as possible and not a slum that was hit by an emotional hurricane.
 
“Captain and Shute..”, answered the latter, turning the brass knob of the door, taking Bakus answer as the queue to come in.
 
“I thought I locked that..”, Baku muttered to himself before picking up his pillow in a hurried manner and throwing it back on his bed in time of his two worried, best friends stepping into view. The samurai took vague notice of the plump backpack Shute was carrying around upon his adolescent shoulders.
 
“Baku…”, the jade eyed boy said quietly, flashing a fidgety smile at said gundams direction, who rewarded it with a saddened version that shone though his fatigued eyes.
 
“Are you okay?”, Shute asked slowly, fluently pronouncing every syllable, as if locking himself in his room made Baku's brain melt.
 
“Uhm…yeah?”, Baku answered shortly, trying to make it look like he was doing perfectly normal things beforehand which included, but not limited to: Wailing his gunsoul out every night to the brink of exhaustion, having horrid, recurring nightmares, locking himself in his room willingly without any sort of socialization, refusing to train the day lights out of himself under perfect weather conditions and not eating substantial amounts of riceballs. Yes. Normal.
 
“You've shut yourself off from the world for days, Bakunetsumaru. This is not like you.”, said Captain blatantly, stating the ever so painfully obvious. Under any other circumstance Shute would have comically yelled at him for being so apparent, but the air was too thick with anxiety and low spirit for an amusing mood lifter.
 
“Well…it's not normal for a member of the team to just go off either, you know”, countered Baku aggressively, implying Zero, before crossing his arms. Captain and Shute were slightly taken back, and looked at each other, before the youth addressed the issue.
 
“Baku…we all cared about Zero, but we must move on. If we don't we'll be stuck on it, missing the life that we have. Just because Zero's life is cut short, doesn't mean ours should.”, Shute reasoned philosophically, his serious tone gripping. The boy himself cried himself to sleep on many occasions after Zeros respected sacrifice, but eventually fanned away the fog of anguish and decided it was the best to move on.
 
”That would be true for someone that is dead. Zero is still alive”, Baku huffed before turning his back on his friends ill temperedly.
 
Shute and Captain turned to each other once again, shaking their heads in a troubled manner. Both of their minds concluded that their poor friend was in spiraling denial.
 
There was a painfully solid silence between the three, until the boy gambled on prodding the tense minded gundam.
 
“…Is there something you need to talk about at all..?”, he asked slowly, choosing his words carefully. He didn't want to knock off the delicate balance by having a certain mushas emotion sensitive temper to go off. He was mentally stressed as it was.
 
Taking the silence that pursuited the inquiry as a `no', Shute perked up, as if remembering something, and stooped to the ground onto the balls of his feet, letting the backpack slide off of him. The sound of the zipper unzipping caught enough of Bakus attention to turn his head sideways, observing the boy actions through his peripheral vision.
 
Purposefully sticking his hand into the bag, the boy fished around blindly, the tip of his tongue curling up onto the side of his upper lip in concentration.
 
“Ahah!”, he blurted out suddenly, before retracting his hand from the luggage and produced a single, homemade riceball.
 
That caught Baku's undivided attention.
 
The samurai whipped around as quick as lightning (for a split second Shute and Captain mistakenly thought it was a symptom of a tantrum, and stepped back a good foot, unnoticed) and snatched the treat out of the boys hand, immediately cramming it into his mouth cavity greedily.
 
“So…good..”, Baku mumbled to himself, relishing the appetizing prize. “I've missed this so much..”, he whined, wiping the sticky rice residue off of his mouth plate with the back of his hand and looked at Shute eye-level, pleadingly.
 
“I do have more, but..”, he dragged, hiding the backpack of riceballs behind him, smiling victoriously.
 
“Buuutt..?”, the samurai said hurriedly, trying to speed up the process with his chocolate eyes glued to the delectable snacks..
.
“You must tell us what is wrong”, Shute concluded, nudging the baggage suggestively. The musha nodded obediently like a gluttonous child, having little patience of the near future to tear his goodies apart and eat them ravenously.
 
The brow haired lad walked over to the ruffled bed and sat down, looking back at Baku and gesturing that he sit next to him. Squealing joyfully, he pounced onto the bed and held his hands out expectedly.
 
Captain chuckled at his friends antics and sat on the floor, Indian style, since there was not enough room for two gundams and a boy to fit comfortably. Besides, now he formed a little triangle, so that everyone could see each other through the discussion.
 
Shute took a minute to hand out rice balls to everyone, before turning to Baku.
 
“Now do your half, Bakunetsumaru. Start talking”, he nudged vocally, taking notice of Baku's metal body tensing up insignificantly. The samurai knew that when his full name came out in that tone that he really did have exceedingly number of things to explain to his friends, the ones that he locked out of his world for the past few days. They were there for emotional support…right..?
 
No time to back down, besides, It's just Captain and Shute, what could go wrong?
 
After finishing off his fourth riceball, he lifted his head to his friends with a grave aura about him, and poured his gunsoul out to them, the gentle fire of sorrow and heart break lapping within his auburn eyes.
 
Captain and Shute smiled encouragingly, more than glad to lend an ear or two to their friend in need.
 
In the Dark Hole…
 
“Can I?”
 
“No”
 
“PLLEEEAASSEE”
 
“NO.”
 
“Aww, come on just for a little bit-“
 
“FOR THE LOVE OF MANA- NO”, bellowed Zero, his rarely witnessed temper rearing up its ugly face. For the past few hours Tallgeese was attempting to hold his hand and make him skip around like a happy school child.
 
“It'll be fffuuunnnn..”, he purred, playfully leaning his heavy self against Zero's lighter frame, who wilted uncomfortably under the additional weight.
 
“Ugh..get off of me, you defective half-wit!” he snarled waspishly, bodily jostling the bulkier gundam off of him, getting his azure shoulder amour marred in the process. It didn't go unnoticed and sent a displeased wave over his body language.
 
Zero took pride in keeping his royally ranked armor pristine, always taking the time to polish it up and mend it when needed, similar to Baku's unhealthy obsession with his duo swords.
 
“Great, just great…”, he mumbled to himself, inspecting the scuff conscientiously, making sure he didn't cause any more minor damage.
 
“Aww…want me to kiss it better?”, Tallgeese offered, deliberately leaning in towards Zeros mouth plate instead of the actual damage he caused.
 
Scandalized, Zero none too gracefully shoved the other knight away from him, shielding his mouth plate with his free hand protectively.
 
“Do you have any SHAME what so ever!?”, he yelled at Tallgeese, who was now floating up side down due to Zero's force in the push.
 
“Not around you”, he said smirking alluringly, causing Zero's eyes to bug out in pure repulsion.
 
“TALLGEESE!”, he hollered, his voice echoing within the mysterious, boundless walls of the vicinity. Anyone who was one-mile radius of him jumped in shock at the sudden outburst, who were just the legendary beasts and the two storm gundams.
 
“And don't you forget it!”, he chirped perversely, chuckling darkly.
 
“Can't you go and bother someone else? Your gryphon?.. Your followers?.. A poisonous reptile of some sort?”, Zero begged, getting desperate. He rubbed his aching temple gently, a defiant sign that the last straw was rapidly cracking under the relentless pressure.
 
“If I have to spend another minute with this moron…”, Zero muttered under his angered breathe.
 
“Seeing how we're just floating in the middle of an endless vortex, I don't think I have anywhere else to go..”, Tallgeese reasoned logically, putting his hands behind his neck and crossing a leg over the other leisuriously.
 
“Besides, you should learn how to keep your temper down. It's cute when you're puffed up and all, but you're worse than a raging, hormonal stampede of girls sometimes.”
 
Zero balled his fists as tight as he could. (Which was very tight, thanks to vigorous years of merciless knightly sword training.) Tiny rivulets of escaped precious life fluid slipped through his metallic fingers in a result if his vice grip. Zero took no notice of his sparse bleeding, and wholly ignored the tempest knight's foolish side comments.
 
Zero secretly admitted that Tallgeese was right about the anger thing- Knights never let such miniscule snippets get under their impervious skin. But it was always one of his more demanding flaws to bite back anything that attempted to put his name in vain, no matter the size. He may be girlish, but he did have a carefully placed bit of delicate pride to maintain and conserve.
 
Flushing out all the thoughts of Tallgeese and his redundant back talk from his already tormented mind, the winged knight turned his back on the other and floated forward wordlessly, purposefully blocking out all foreign sounds, like a certain Tempest Knights' naggings. Finding a suitable distance, he engaged himself with concrete silence.
 
Not even Bakunetsumaru was ever this annoying..and that's saying something…Oh Mana…
 
Zero gravely regretted not spending time with his secret crush before this whole mess. Sure they had their numerous arguments, but you couldn't exactly call that “quality time” together. If anything, they just wanted to make Zero doubt himself and his choice of choosing the right one.
 
Right one my magical ass
 
Typically Zero wouldn't even think about cursing, as he believed it would contaminate his knightly demeanor, but he was in such a sour mood that he simply didn't care. Besides, for the whole length of time he's been trapped here, he's only gotten more jagged around the edges due to a certain gundams pestering aggravation.
 
Summoning upon the mystic power of Mana, Zero assembled a sufficient amount of magic to bring down a few of his prized possessions: Quality armor polish and a favored cloth a sparring mate gave to him back in the peaceful Lacroian days. If he was going to keep to himself, matter of wise do something remotely beneficial to keep his mind off of certain controversies.
 
I miss my friends so much…especially Baku…But what I did was right…at least they can go on with the mission…
 
He added a generous amount of the specialized oil to the neatly folded cloth and rubbed it onto the scuff, rubbing it in gently in circular motion, routinely.
 
...I wonder if I'll ever get out of this hell hole..I can only take so much affliction before I loose my mind..Oh Mana…please help me..
 
Animalistic instincts went off like sirens in the feather dragons head, prying him away from growling, snapping and generally terrorizing the daylights out of Vayeate and Mercius. The two were cowering under the legendary power of the beast, while the Gryphon, who evidently wasn't fond of the two, cackled in sheer amusement, and egged him on.
 
Fluttering over to the winged knight in need, he gave Tallgeese a drawn out death glare, (who rewarded it with a childish and unknightly gesture of the middle finger) before aiding to his masters side anxiously.
 
Magically minimizing himself to less cumbersome size, he scanned his brain for a calming tactic, one that always fit the bill. Nudging the elbow crook, he dug his head through and ended up having Zeros right arm tucked around his bulky neck, pleading for some attention with soft, needy murmurs.
 
Zero snapped out of his daydream and looked down to see the invader, and chuckled to see Fenn, who's behavior reminded him that of the loyal dog animal he was introduced to in Neotopia. Such odd creatures they were.
 
Always an earful with their deafening barking that always shattered the silence during ungodly hours, and their annoying high maintenance schedules. However, their high levels of integrity, strict devotion and quality protectiveness more than made up for their unique flaws. It was a no brainer of why people would even consider taking care of such a loud mammal.
 
Petting the dragon like a faithful dog, Zero looked back on the fond memories he had in Neopia. Despite all of the savage battles he clashed with his buster sword and shield, he very much enjoyed it over there. Not as much as being in Lacroa of course, but close. His eyes witnessed many bizarre customs and cultures, while discovering unfamiliar terrain and cityscape. But the best part was making extraordinary friends.
 
He did have friends in Lacroa, but they were mainly knights that would rather spend their time scrutinizing and perfecting each others skills than hanging out or just having a good time. Testosterone always hung in the air, overpowering and manly. Zero couldn't recall being best friends with anyone in Lacroa that didn't betray him.
 
Come to think of it, he didn't even remember having true friends there, period. Sparring partners were a better word for them. They were friendly and all, he could hand them that, but nothing else came from their connections. No comfort, no bonds, no nothing. If you wanted to cry about something you better do it well away from everyone else to ensure they wouldn't banter you later on. Crying was considered an emotional weakness.
 
And weakness meant death.
 
Wait…Why was he saving Lacroa again?
 
Racking his mind for the elusive answer, Zero stopped his gentle stroking for a second to dematerialize his polish and cloth into a shower of glittery blue magic with a flick of the wrist, before laying back relaxingly. Fenn repositioned himself, slithering across Zero's legs to curl up into a comfortable fashion.
 
Zero turned his head skywards (or what he thought was skywards) and looked at it, conveying no emotion and drowned himself deep in thought. The fatigue that was starting to wash over him like a lullaby of warm water was now making its alluring presence known. It gripped his metallic muscles relentlessly and stubbornly refused to let go.
 
The only suitable ransom was a good, long sleep. His mind hazily concurred with complying with rest, but a small voice in the back of his shutting down mind told him that sleeping right here, right now was teetering on the more dangerous side of the “Do not do this around Tallgeese” spectrum, but Zero paid no mind to it.
 
Staring sleepily at the wavering heavens above him, he failed to notice that he was lulling himself into a dreamy sequence…
 
(Authors Note: Okay, this is just a warning for all of you who don't have the stomach for yaoi. You can skip this part to the next note, if you wish)
 
Two bodies locked together in a loving embrace, never letting go. They latched onto each others hips possessively, their faces glued together from the force of their shared kiss. The red one let a hand glide over the others back smoothly, spreading his fingers to try and find what he was looking for.
 
The blue one caught on and did the same for him, sliding his palm over the slickened metal, and found his prize. Pressing it in, the latch undid itself, the waist armor falling off easily by its own weight and gravity. It wasn't a second later when his own came off just as easily, both appreciating each others exposed bodies.
 
Softly ending the feverish kiss, the samurai affectionately muzzled the knights' cheek before going lower, aiming for the vulnerable neck. Zero hissed with euphoric pleasure, using his free hand to grab his lovers fine bottom playfully. Baku perked up in surprise, which caused Zero to chuckle irresistibly.
 
“Oh, you want to play it that way, huh?”, Baku breathed lustily, his amber eyes boring in Zeros aqua ones. The knight silently replied with a smirk evident in his optics, as if challenging him.
Accepting it gleefully, the musha went straight for the chest, his target being the defenseless shimmering emerald that was no longer fortified by knightly armor.
 
Zero was astonished at how much pleasure could come from one place. As Baku aligned his mouth plate upon the sacred gem, he sent small yet pleasurable electric shocks through the simple contact. The Lacroians eyes were wide with bliss abound, breathing heavily, as he never felt anything like this before. Using both hands to clamp onto Bakus head with a vice grip, he pushed him down harder, attempting to increase the delightful voltage with a begging purr.
 
Baku complied with a victorious smirk and sent a heavier river of electricity. Not expecting so much at once, the knight threw back his head and shouted in deafening passion of:
 
“BAKUNETSUMARU!”
 
“ZERO! What the hell!?”
 
Zeros eyes snapped open abruptly, and he looked around in a berserk manner to discover Tallgeese looming before him, an invisible eyebrow raised questionably. Fenn was by his side as well, with an equally inquisitive expression.
 
(A/N: Okay, it's safe…for now)
 
Shit”, the winged knight cursed discourteously. He looked down to see his chest armor stained in a dark brown fluid, which leaked from a mysterious source. Lifting a shaky hand to his face, he noticed he was having a gundam version of a nose bleed…..a mask bleed perhaps? (A/N: Hahaha… XD)
 
A vague memory wormed its why through his mind, remembering when he innocently stumbled upon a store that sold naughty foreign objects.
 
Not knowing any better, he picked up a magazine that read “Hentai Paradise”, on the cover. It showed images of men (and sometimes even girls too) ogling over exposed bodies, bleeding from their nasal cavities for no apparent reason.
 
Buying it out of stinging curiosity, the knight brought it back to base and asked Shute what the deal was with them bleeding. After blushing and uncharacteristically stuttering, the Neopian explained that when humans encounter certain “situations”, they'll bleed from the nose. No one knows why though, it just happens. Wow…that went nowhere.
 
Shortly after the brief and awkward explanation, Shute asked to borrow the magazine in a bashful tone. Zero didn't understand what his sudden bashfulness was about, but lended it to him anyway.
 
He never saw that magazine again.
 
Shaking his head free of the disturbing memory, he straightened his body up from his laying position and attempted to make sense of what just happened.
 
`Did..Did I just have a very pleasant pornographic dream of Baku and I?! Dear Mana!'
 
“Well?”, asked a certain Tempest knight, impatiently, arms folded over his chest. Zero looked up, confused at the others sudden shift of mannerisms.
 
“Well, what?”, he inquired.
 
“Who is this Bakunetsumaru person you just screamed about? Is that the same one I fought not too long ago?”, he asked, poison dripping from the samurais name. He apparently didn't have a good memory when it came to matching faces with names. Zero blushed indignantly.
 
`And I screamed his name for everyone to hear, too!? DAMN'
 
“Um…”, he said, desperately trying to scan his mind for a decent excuse to save some unnecessary drama. “I….”
 
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGETAWAYGETAWAYGETAWAYAHHHH”
 
Both knights jerked in alarm and snapped their heads towards the source of the horrified, girly screams. It turned out that the both Vayeate and Mercius frantically flying around, with the Gryphon snapping playfully at their heels. After Fenn left, he must have gotten bored and decided to take the entertainment into his own hands…um..claws.
 
Zero, Fenn and Tallgeese sweatdropped, watching the two running around comically like chickens with their hands cut off in an undignified manner with a legendary beast chasing after them in hot pursuit.
 
Tallgeese let out a sigh.
 
“Sometimes I wish that I could just close my eyes for a few minutes, and then when I open them up again, everything annoying would just go away..”, he said in a calm, educated voice.
 
Zero swiveled around to him exasperatedly with his hands on his hips, an annoyed frown setting into his features.
 
“You're telling me!”
 
Neopia, in Baku's room..
 
“So..you think Zero is still alive?”, Shute analyzed with a quirked eyebrow, grabbing another riceball.
 
“Not think, I know he's still alive”, retorted Baku smartly, taking another bite of his twentieth treat before continuing. “Why don't you two believe me already?”
 
“Due to my calculations, Zero may still be alive, as his chances are 1.258%. Possible, but not likely. That crack in the dark square was a portal to a wormhole that to lead to anywhere”, Captain said, putting in his logical two cents.
 
“Possible, but not likely”, Baku repeated crisply, taking the time to emphasize each word. “There's still hope”
 
“Even then though…the base thinks he is dead..I don't think they'll waste their time to back us up any, as we still have the Dark Axis to deal with..”, Shute said, looking down at the floor.
 
“Who said we all had to go on the rescue mission?”, said Baku casually, as if basically going on a suicide mission was normal. Both Shute and Captain looked up at him like he was a crazed madman, which he probably was acting like to the other two.
 
“We both know that you love Zero and all”, Baku was taken back, his blush spreading across his face like a wildfire, “But how on earth do you think this will work?”
 
“Do you think the only thing I've thought about for the past few days was missing Zero? HELL no! I formulated a plan as well…and if we play our cards right, we'll be able to pull it successfully through to the very end, who's with me?”, he said proudly, jutting his fisted hand out into the circle.
 
Shute and Captain looked at each other, reluctant.
 
They both loved Zero like a brother, but what if something along the way fails and puts them in jeopardy? What if they get killed themselves? What if Zero wasn't even alive anymore, and they went through all of that for nothing!?
 
But both smiled. If Zero was willing to sacrifice himself for them, then they were just as willing to save him at any cost.
 
Their hands joined with Baku's.
.
“You have our full support, Baku. We got your back”, Shute said, determined.
 
“What's this plan you have in mind, Bakunetsumaru?”, inquired Captain, looking up at the other gundam.
 
“One that is just crazy enough to work, my friends”, Baku said, smiling proudly, rubbing his hands together. “Almost crazy enough to work..”
 
Whitetail: Yeaaayyyy… I'm finally done this chapter. I actually had to rewrite it, but it's all good. Sorry this came out so late, I was expecting to release it earlier..but yeah..I had to reedit a few things…heh..yeah. Oh and my bad for having Zeros side not really have a plot, but I can't just have him floating in time and space..I gotta have him do something. XD Besides, his role will be more significant later on…or will it? >3
 
Thanks for reading! Reviews are my fuel to write more (and sooner)