SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Lights, Camera, Zako! ❯ Sounds like trouble ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

No great film is complete without the equipment needed to make it, so you can understand the stress involved in getting something that has not been used in quite some time to operate.
Two Zako Soldiers were busy getting some sound equipment up and running. A task made even more difficult by the fact that neither of the two were trained audio-visual technicians and only had a faded, dated, instruction manual to work from.
“Can you anything, zako?” One Zako asked from the array of switches and a microphone.
Another Zako wearing a pair of headphones shook his head. “Nothing, zako.”
Frowning(Or doing his best to), Zako1 pushed a few buttons, then tapped the microphone. “How about now, zako?”
“No good, zako.” Zako 2 said, an `X' appearing in his eye.
Making an annoyed noise, Zako1 turned the volume level from its previous setting(Gossip whisper) to its highest setting(New York yell). “How's that?”
Zako2 shook his head. “Still nothing.”
“Hey, what's up?” Shute asked, walking over to them. He was looking for things to do, as the shooting had not yet begun.
“This microphone doesn't work, zako.” Zako1 explained.
“Really? Here, let me check.” Shute began to look around the set-up when he saw something. “Hey, the mic isn't even hooked up! No wonder you can't hear anything!” Shute plugged the microphone cord into the sound equipment. “How's it sound now?” He said into the microphone.
Zako2 didn't answer. The ringing in his metaphoric ears was a little distracting.