SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Lights, Camera, Zako! ❯ Trial of the sitter ( Chapter 22 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The City of Neotopia was filled with more activity than it was ever before. For tonight, Blazing Samurai was set to premier in the city's most acclaimed movie theatre, the Neoplex!
At Shute's house….
“Princess!” Shute yelled, banging on the bathroom door. “Are you almost done? We have to be at the premier in an hour!”
“Just a little bit longer!” Princess Rele's soft voice replied.
Shute was about to point out on that being her saying the same thing a little bit ago, when Zero rested his hand on his shoulder. “Let her Majesty take the time she needs, Shute. A lady, and most certainly a princess, needs to take advantage of every moment to prepare for a gala occasion.”
“But everyone's in the city's going,” Shute said, “I wanna get there in time to get some good seats…”
Downstairs, Keiko was on the phone.
“Are you sure I can't…tempt you?” She asked desperately. She sighed. “Guess not. Okay, see you there.”
Hanging up, Keiko threw her head back and let out a moan of frustration.
“Is something the matter, ma'am?” Captain asked, walking up to her. His body shined in the light, having been polished for the occasion.
“Oh, I can't find anyone to babysit Nana,” Keiko explained. “Everyone who's anyone is going to the premier.” She sighed. “What am I going to do?”
“About what?” Bakunetsumaru asked, walking into the room with Genkimaru.
“We can't locate anyone to watch Nana,” Captain explained pointedly.
“Where am I going to find someone responsible enough to trust a baby with at such short notice?” Keiko lamented.
A light bulb lit up over Genkimaru's head. “I know!”
Later, as the family and guests leave for the Neoplex…
“…And here's my cell phone number, I'll have it on vibrate. Call me if anything happens.” Keiko continued, giving the sitter a quick run-down on the do's and don'ts of childcare. “Understand?”
Cobramaru, holding Nana in his arms, nodded.