SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of war ❯ Dark memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I own Ookami, Bear and General Burning Lion
Bandai (or Sunrise) owns the rest of the characters
 
!@!@!@!
 
Ookami had just woken up and was sitting in the dining hall with her arms crossed and her head resting on top. Form inside the kitchen door a small argument had broken out between Bakunetsumaru and Zero.
 
“Rice balls for breakfast?! Unacceptable!” Zero was brandishing a frying pan.
 
“OH! And you think that duck and mushroom sauté is any better?!” Baku was holding a bag of rice. Captain just moved around making coffee. Guneagle walked in and got a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee when it was done.
 
“What are they fighting about now?” Guneagle sipped his coffee and looked up to Captain.
 
“They are arguing about what is more normal to have for breakfast, duck and mushroom sauté or rice balls.”
 
“I think neither is normal, but they wouldn't listen to me.” By this time Guneagle was done, put away his dirty dishes and walked into the dining hall. Also Baku and Zero were attempting to argue and cook at the same time. Baku threw some rice at Zero, just because he wanted to. Zero snapped his fingers and roses sprung out from Baku's V-fin. He turned and tackled Zero. During this time the sauté was getting rather toasty. Captain had finished his coffee and left for the dining hall. When he sat down he noticed that Ookami had fallen asleep at the table.
 
“Ookami? Ookami? Wake up.” Captain leaned over and gently shook her shoulder. She looked up and groaned.
 
“It's too early. 6:00 isn't a normal person time to wake up…” She shut her eyes and drifted off to sleep again. In the kitchen Baku and Zero were still distracted and their food was getting very hot. Zero's sauté was turning black. Zero looked over to his meal and his eyes went big.
 
“MY FOOD!! IT'S ON FIRE!!” He sprang up and looked on at his flaming duck and mushroom sauté. Baku rushed over to the sink and filled a glass with water. He threw it onto the flames, causing smoke to fill the room. The smoked slipped out of the kitchen and leaked into the dining hall. Ookami was dragged out of sleep. Her head shot up her eyes wide, breathing franticly. She looked around and let out a blood curdling scream. She got up out of her chair and rushed out of the door. Captain was just noticing faint smells of smoke.
 
“Something's on fire. It's coming form the kitchen, quick get the fire extinguisher!” Guneagle grabbed the extinguisher and ran into the kitchen. He pulled out the ring and pointed at the flaming pan. Baku and Zero were standing in the path of the spray and as it shot out they were covered in the white powder.
 
“What the heck was that all about?!” Guneagle stopped the spray and looked at the two.
 
“Zero's sauté went up.” Baku looked over at Zero and laughed.
 
“It doesn't matter. It freaked out Ookami and she ran out of the dining hall franticly trying to escape something.” Everyone looked at Captain and then at the charred remains of the pan.
 
“Well…it's not even fit to eat, so I suppose that a sauté does not make a good breakfast,” Baku looked pleased that Zero finally admitted that he was right “But, rice balls still don't make sense.” Zero turned and left the room, leaving his last comment in the air.
 
“Grrrrr…I guess we should go find Ookami…” Baku looked at his friends and they nodded. They left the room and they walked out into the hall. They decided that they would check her room first. As they approached her door they could hear frantic breathing. The guys played rock, paper, scissors to decide who'd go first. Guneagle lost. He walked up to her door and knocked.
 
“O-Ookami? You ok?” He spoke calmly in the direction of the door.
 
“No…………no I'm not…….” Her voice was soft and muffled by the door, but he heard her.
 
“Can I come in?” He stood back from her door, just incase.
 
“Yeah…I guess…” He tested the handle, finding that it was unlocked he opened the door to see Ookami hugging her knees to her chest. She seemed to be looking down at her feet or off into space. He walked over to her desk and pulled out the chair. He turned it around and sat down.
 
“So…what's up?” He smiled a little and tried to sound happy. She didn't even look up at him.
 
“Well, you remember when I told you that Sanko has been in a war for as long as I can remember?” He thought for a second, choosing his words carefully.
 
“Yeah, you said something about that. Why?” She lifted her head to look out at the wall and then over to him.
 
“That smoke brought back old memories……painful, gory memories.” She looked down at her feet again. They sat in silence for a bit when he thought of something.
 
“Would you mind if the rest of the guys came in?” He looked at her and she looked up at him.
 
“No……I don't care…”she looked down again and the rest of the guys walked in. Guneagle gave them a signal to stay silent and they understood. They all filed in and she sat up against the head board of her bed. She let go of her legs and was sitting Indian style looking at all of them, trying to think of how to describe what had happened.
 
“Fair Ookami…you can tell us anything…there is almost nothing we have not seen…trust us…we will understand.” Zero looked at her and her eyes looked like they wanted to well up with tears, but she fought them back.
 
“Trust me, there is nothing that compares to this. I've seen things that most villains would cringe in the sight of. Even the coldest hearted being would whimper and run for cover.” She looked down again and thought.
 
“We can help you, but you'll need to tell us what's wrong.” Captain smiled and tried to instill some confidence in her, but she ended up looking even sadder some how.
 
“Try to imagine a world in a war so gory, that there is no where you could hide form it. A war that you had seen ever sense you were young. All of the fighters were your friends…and you had to say goodbye to every one of them, the moment you met them.” She looked up, but to no one specifically.
 
“I think Zero and I would understand. Zero couldn't do anything to help his friends, and they all died, and Ark was in a horrible civil war for years. We understa-”
 
“NO! NO YOU DON'T! You haven't watched your friends be dissected into scraps before you! You haven't seen the gory battles that the Gundams from Sanko stir up!” Ookami was absolutely out of control.
 
“Gundams are in your army? Where are the Zakos?” Baku looked confused.
 
“The Dark Axis never got to Sanko, but war still spread…the Gundams lined up to kill one another. All I could do was stand there and watch as my friends fell apart, and when I went to visit them all I would find was dead bodies…piles of rusting dead bodies…stacked up as high and as far as the eye could see. In the midst of all this I found a friends arm…wires were still sending off sparks…the stench was horrific…what I didn't know was that the other army was planning on burning the remains of these poor Gundams…the had left a camp fire going and set out a trail for it to follow…it found it's way to the piles and they went up quickly. I was literally trapped in a ring of fire. Watching my friends melting away, the stench was unbearable.” Ookami shuddered and curled up again “There was nothing I could do any more…I couldn't stop the war, I couldn't protect my friends…I couldn't do anything…I've seen so many people die…but these memories…that smoke brought up old memories hidden form my mind……and now I've seen them…I realize how ruthless some Gundams are…” They all looked at her. They had underestimated what she had been through. From the sounds of it, she had had it worse then they could have even imagined.
 
“I-We didn't know…” Guneagle looked at her, but she couldn't meet any of their eyes.
 
“It is alright, we are here to comfort you, do not live in the past-“
 
“Zero, as kind as that may be, and as easy as it is to say my past haunts me…every day I'm reminded of the horrors of my past friends…there's no way I will ever be able to forget what happened…” She held her legs close to her and rested her chin on the top of her knees.
 
“We aren't asking you to forget them. If anything you should them and what happened, but what we are saying is that you shouldn't feel badly. Your father said that the war is almost over, you should be happy that the killing will stop soon, don't sit in the past, besides…you look much cuter when you smile.” Baku smirked, knowing this would get her to smile. She looked up and laughed a little.
 
“Yeah…I guess your right. Oh and Captain?” She stood up and walked over to him.
 
“Hmm?” he looked at her.
 
“I always wondered if,” She stood closer and raised her hand. Extending one finger she jabbed it against the circle on his V-fin. A soft pop and his V-fin fell off into her hands. “I WAS RIGHT!!! SWEET!!!” Captain looked at his V-fin and put his hand on his head.
 
“Um…can I have that back?”
 
“NOPE!! Guneagle CATCH!!” Ookami threw Captain's V-fin to him and he caught it and turned it over a few times.
 

I always wondered what the circle was for…” Captain ran over to him and Guneagle threw it to Baku. Baku looked at it and laughed.
 
“It looks like a boomerang…Zero heads up!” Baku threw the V-fin like a boomerang and surprisingly it flew over to Zero with ease. He caught it and looked at them.
 
“My…this is awkward…” Zero handed the V-fin to Captain who quickly snapped it back on.
 
“Thank you.” He turned to Ookami “Feeling better?” She smiled and laughed.
 
“I feel great…but I'm hungry, can I go get something to eat?” they laughed and left the room.