SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Of Stars and Wishes ❯ Two Small Gundams and A Secret ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
AN: Alright, let’s get this chapter cracking! Hopefully it turns out well.
*~*~*~*~KK~*~*~*~*
Neotopia, a place where human and robots live together in peace. It also helps when you have a not so secret anymore organization called the SDG protecting the city. The sun was drifting close to the horizon, turning the sky orange, pink, yellow, and purple. Many people were either walking home, working, playing, or shopping, but one person and one gundam were enjoying the sunset. A fourteen year old girl sat on a hill outside the city, a sketchbook in her lap. She had long brown hair, light tan skin, and golden eyes. She wore a brown cape, over a white shirt with pink accents and a white skirt with a pink strip around the bottom. She also wore a red bandana on her head.
Her gundam companion was a female knight. She had dark purple armor with white accents, a midnight purple gunsoul, and lavender eyes. Her helmet had feather/wing decorations on the sides, and her headpiece was an upside down red pentagon with three golden horns, two on each side and one going up in the center. One her shoulder sat a small golden bird. It had bright green eyes, three curly tails that left small sparkles in the air when they moved, and a single curly feather on its head.
The girl, the young super genius of the SDG, Kay H. watched the sun sink a bit lower letting her mind wander. She began to wonder about the three Ex-goon generals of the Dark Axis. Zapper Zaku, Grappler Gouf, and Destroyer Dom had surprisingly became less annoyed with the fact that they worked for a kid and had actually started to open up a bit to Kay when she saw them. They really just needed a little friendship.
Kay glanced down at her drawing and tilted her head, wondering what to do next. On the paper was picture of a slim dress, with off the shoulder sleeves, colored to resemble the setting sun she and Shining were watching.
Shining Gundam, otherwise known as Shining, Knightess of the Stars in Lacroa, sat next to her best-friend wondering on how she was going to explain why she wanted to visit Lacroa and was going to stay for a while. Unbeknownst to everyone at the SDG, excluding Kay, Zero, and Princess Rele, she was really from Lacroa. The young phoenix, Jenn, was also starting to get home sick and she missed her friend, Fenn.
“So…anything happen between you and Zero last time you saw each other?” Kay asked.
“What?!” Shining cried, surprised at the sudden subject.
“I was just wondering. I mean it’s pretty obvious that there’s something between you two…” Kay let the sentence slide off.
“There is not!”
“Sure, there’s not. I’ve seen the way you two look at each other when you think no one’s watching.” Kay teased.
“There is nothing romantic going on between Zero and I.” Shining huffed.
“At the moment.”
Before Shining could make a retort, Jenn started to squawk as the wind picked up. Soon a dimension portal appeared and three gundam figures fell out, followed by a dozen odd figures. Kay nodded to Shining, who pulled out her Power Poll.
Rea approached the children menacingly, holding her hands in such a way her claws would do maximum damage. Starla and Zira back away from the approaching dragoness, eyes wide. None of the Starvian gundams noticed where they were nor that someone was approaching. Rea raised an arm, grinning madly when a crunch was heard.
Rea spun around and came face to face with the end of Shining’s mallet. Shining stepped over the crushed creature, glaring at Rea. The other creatures were either trying to get Shining, or were surrounding the girls. Kay ran over and kicked one, sending it flying over to a grouping of rocks causing it to smash in half.
“How dare you attack little girls.” Shining growled at Rea.
Rea simply growled and made a slashing motion at Shining. Shining blocked with her pole and pushed Rea back, making to hit her with her mallet. Starla and Zira coward close together trying to stay away from the creatures, Kay standing at their backs.
“Ok, we could really use some help!” Kay yelled over the roar of the still open portal.
Shining knocked Rea back, before Rea made another swipe at her, “Who are you?!”
“None of your business.” Rea then slashed at Shining’s arm.
Shining cried out but didn’t lose her grip on her weapon. Before Rea could make another pass, the familiar noise of rocket engines was heard over the blowing wind. Captain Gundam, leader of the Gundam Force, landed just right of Rea and pushed her away from Shining, drawing his beam rifle.
“I have been granted special disposition to use fire arms to insure the protection of Neotopia.”
“Like I care!” Rea shouted, swiping at Captain.
Before the creatures could advance on Kay, Starla, and Zira anymore, several bright beams came down and hit them. GunEagle, flying ace of the SDG, hovered above the girls, a smug grin behind his face plate.
“And that’s how it’s done.”
“Oh shut up!” Kay called.
Captain and Shining had Rea pushed closer to the portal, alternating attacks. Shining raised her mallet and sung, flinging Rea back though the portal.
“Nooooooo!” Rea shouted, cut off by the closing portal.
“Thank you, Captain.”
“It is no problem, Shining.”
Starla and Zira looked around at their savors, not knowing what was going to happen. Kay approached them, Jenn flying over and landing on her shoulder.
“Don’t worry, we’re friends.”
“W-w-w-w-where a-a-a-are w-w-w-we?” Zira asked.
“You are Neotopia now.” Captain answered, “There is no need to be afraid. No one here will hurt you.”
“Yeah. You’re now under the protection of the SDG and its most good looking member.” GunEagle said, striking a pose.
“Jenn!” Jenn chirped, gliding over to Starla’s lap.
Starla started to gently pet the golden bird before Shining came over and laid a hand her shoulder.
“You’re both safe, now.”
Zira got up from the ground, holding a hand out for Starla. Starla got up and tried to fly into a hover but pain immediately cut though her circuits, causing her to fall.
“S-S-Starla?” Zira asked.
“I think I hurt my wing.”
Before anymore could be said, a Gunperry flew down and landed, the door opened and Shute raced out.
“Hey, is everything ok?”
“Everything is fine, Shute. We saved these two children.” Captain motioning to Starla and Zira.
“Hi! I’m Shute.”
“I’m..Starla.”
“Z-Z-Z-Zira.&# 8221;
“Well, let’s get back to base so we can fix you guys up.” Kay said.
“Base?” Starla asked.
“It’s the place where we carry out any of our duties to help protect the city.” Captain explained.
“C-c-c-could we eat too?” Zira asked.
“Of course.” Shining said, guiding the children to the Gunperry.
Once they had taken flight, they opened to side of the Gunperry to look at the passing clouds. Starla and Zira stood close to the edge, watching in wonder as the base came into view. Once docked, Shining and Kay led the girls inside and to the med-bay, where Chief Haru met them. Kay gently looked at Starla’s wing, while everyone explained what happen.
“I also would like one of those creature things in my office, so I can examine it.” Kay put in, before Starla and Zira started their tale.
By the time they were done, Starla had tears in her eyes and Zira was gazing at the floor. Shining gently patted Starla’s shoulder, as Jenn nudged Zira’s cheek.
“Don’t worry. We’ll help you guys.” Shute said.
“R-really?” Starla sniffed.
“Of course. You can count on the Gundam Force to help. It’s what we were made to do.” Chief Haru answered.
“Thank you.” Starla said.
Kay finished wrapping some bandages around Starla’s wing, “There you go. Try not to fly for a few days, and be careful if you lay on it tonight.”
“Ok.”
“Now, do you have injuries, Zira?”
“N-n-not really. I’m just scratched up.”
“Well, we can get that fixed up easily. But first, how are you doing, Shining?”
“I’m fine, just a few scratches.”
Chief Haru nodded, “Well, if everyone is situated. Kay, Shute, I believe you need to be getting home, it’s getting late. And I’m sure after the ordeal our guests have had they need their rest.”
“Alright, Chief. Hey, Captain. You wanna come?” Shute asked.
The military gundam looked at Chief Haru, asking for permission. The chief nodded.
“Well, then girls. I’m afraid we have to go for the night.” Kay said, “We’ll be back in the morning.”
“I think I’ll stay here with them. We wouldn’t want them to feel like we were abandoning them.” Shining said.
“Alright. There’s some leftovers in the break rooms fridge. I’ll see you two in the morning.”
Starla and Zira waved good-bye as Kay, Shute, Captain, and Chief Haru left.
“Now what do you say to some food?” Shining asked, gaining smiles and nods from the young gundamess’.
Around midnight, Shining walked down the hall going to go check on Starla and Zira. They had eagerly ate the sandwiches’ Shining had found them, then the day’s events had finally caught up with them. Shining had tucked them into a few of the med-bay beds before going to find a place to rest herself.
She peeked in to see Zira snoring slightly, Jenn resting above her head on headboard of the bed. Starla on the other hand was sitting up, staring at her hands.
“Starla, are you ok?”
“Huh? Oh, yeah.” Starla sniffed slightly.
“What’s wrong?” Shining walked over and sat beside the sadden girl.
“I-I…I’ve missed you.” Starla said, eyes flowing with tears.
“Oh, Starla. I’ve missed you too.”
“Do you think Mama and Daddy are ok?”
“Shhh…Of course they are. Erika too.” Shining comforted, wiping Starla’s tears.
“How come you never came to visit?”
“It’s…complicated.”
“Oh …”
“Hey, everything’s fine now. I can guarantee the Gundam Force will save Starvia. Though try not to mention we’re sisters.”
“How come?”
“I haven’t told anyone where I really come from and I’m just not ready for them to know.” Shining explained, tucking Starla back in, propping her wing up.
“Ok…Night Big Sister.”
“Good night, Starla.”
~*~*~*~*KK*~*~*~*~
AN: Yeah…I suck at fight scenes and this chapter was just off…but it’s better the first, somewhat. Anyway, that’s it for now, hopefully the next chapter will be better. R&R.
SDG (c) Bandai.
All OCs (c) Myself.
   
  

Converting /tmp/phph67sHw to /dev/stdout