SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ Meeting of the Kingdoms ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

That's no fun you already found me out. Sayla, you can use Fleur in your fic. Okay let's get this disclaimer over. Disclaimer: Bandai owns SD Gundam Force. I wish I did. Vivia la season two!! Okay I'm done.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“1! 2! 3!” Skylar, Draco, and Hubert pulled at their reigns trying to move a cart weighed down with stone and metal. The cart followed in line with others as it moved down a beaten path to the dumping grounds just outside Imperial.
“1! 2! 1! 2!” Several gundams, humans, zakos, and an assortment of strange creatures carried or pushed various supplies through the fallen kingdom. Inside the city, construction was well under way as skyscrapers once more reached for the heavens. The hover trains was put to use hauling materials to and fro.
“Come on! Come on let's go!” Giant three-toed four-fingered lizards, known as torai, swiftly trotted around the kingdom carrying random objects in their stomach pouches. Their shoulders were draped in a light fabric and either a hood or short turban topped their heads. Rudder like tails and powerful hide legs made them excellent runners. Strong, furry, compact humanoids, called a gun-to, scurried around hauling heavy objects. His or her dress was that of someone from the far north.
“Heave! Ho! Heave! Ho! Come on this river is flowing against us! Work harder!” Water gundams and mer-men pushed loaded rafts up stream. The mer-men's feet and hands where webbed and arms and legs were adorned with fish like fins.
“Easy now! Easy! We don't need anything falling on us again!” Bird like creatures ranging from 6ft to 8ft tall helped fliers place skyscraper scalping. yusha, as they were called, hid their faces behind helms, bodies draped in heavy fabric and they wore elfish shoes. The skin was covered in fur like feather and was striped brown and white. Small bat like wings were on males and feathered ones on females. Everything was running smoothly with few hiccups.
King Phoenix surveyed from the air keeping everything in motion, “Team Raptor! Bring these supplies to canstruction F!” He handed her a list.
“At once sire!” the female spirit demon raced off with some torais close behind.
“Karisha! You and your team report to sorting site Dega.”
“Roger!” the fox human hybrid spirit demon and her team sped off.
Phoenix turned on his communicator, “Lucky, how is everything on your end?”
“Things are running smoothly father,” Lucky answered over his Communicator, “All incoming supply convoys are running at full capacity.”
“Excellent!” the Skylarkain king switched to a different channel, “Fleur, How are things at the sorting piles?”
“Everything is looking good Papa,” Fleur answered.
“Excellent,” he replied, “Let's keep it that way.”
“Clear the area! Supply drop!” Skylar, Draco and Hubert emptied their loaded cart, “Okay five minutes then back for more!” They were unhitched from the cart and allowed to drink.
Skylar promptly flopped near Fleur, “My aching shoulders.” The harness had dug into Skylar and Hubert but Draco's scales protected him.
“Don't worry Skylar,” said Fleur, “We'll be done in no time at this rate.”
“You said that six or seven months ago,” Skylar replied. Then his body tensed and his eyes shifted skywards, “They're here! They're here!” He barked.
“Huh?” Everyone stopped and gazed at the sky. A black purple swirl appeared in the far distance.
Lucky saw it not far from where he was, “They're coming already?”
“What's a dimensional portal doing here zako?” asked a Zako solider.
“Hey look!” Azural shouted. Everyone turned around and saw the portal.
King Phoenix fingered his crown, “They're early.” A ship's twin engine roared as the Gundamusai exited the portal followed by a blue ball of light and a flaming chariot.
“The Gundam Force is back! The Gundam Force is back!” The Skylarkains celebrated as the others stopped and stared in awe. All they had heard were stories and was their chance to meet them at last. Everyone dropped what they were doing and raced to Imperial. The Gundamusai landed on and elevated landing pad right next the Skylark castle followed by the Lacroix whom stood where the blue magic sphere once was then Kibaomaru's chariot followed by Bakunetsumaru and Entango. Captain, Shute, and Chief Haro exited the Gundamusai and greeted the others, “Pleasure to see you again King Luther Lacroa and Lord Kibaomaru.” Chief Haro, Captain, and Shute saluted.
“A pleasure meeting you again as well,” replied King Luther.
Kibaomaru nodded, “Greetings.”
“Wow. This place is almost repaired,” said Grappler, “I could do with out the greenery though.” Bakunetsumaru rolled his eyes clearly displeased that Zapper, Grappler and Destroyer had accompanied them.
Princess Rele looked around, “This Kingdom, it's very beautiful without those demons.”
Shute agreed, “Defiantly.”
Cobramaru looked over the side, “Now where is that gorgeous feathered gundamess?” Zero shot him and angry glare.
Rami spoke up, “Captain Gundam, I am detecting several undefined organisms approaching.” Captain turned around just in time to see a yusha duck from sight, “What was that?”
“What was what?” asked Zero.
The platform rumbled a bit as its spire slowly descended into the pavement below, “Hey! What's going on?” asked Baku.
During decent, several yushas, gun-tos, and torais quickly climbed down from their perches. After the platform stopped even with the ground, the Gundam Force found themselves surrounded by several curious natives.
“Who are these guys?” asked Genkimaru. Everywhere one of them looked, the front of the crowd gasped and took a step back as those in the back pushed to get in front.
“That's them right?”
“Yep, that's the Gundam Force.”
“They don't look that special.”
“Oh, come on you should have seen them!”
“We were a bit busy on the other side of the planet trying to stop the demons from taking all of Pagno Desidero.”
“Are those humans?”
“I think so.”
“They're skin does not glow like ours.”
“AHEM!” The crowd parted and allowed King Phoenix to walk forward, “Greeting and welcome to Skylark, Gundam Force.” Captain Shute, Zero, Bakunetsumaru, and the Dark Axis trio bowed to him. Genkimaru quickly took the hint and followed suit as did Cobramaru. Luther, Kiba, and Rele gave him a head bow as Haro saluted. “Rise Gundam Force,” Phoenix spoke, “I do hope you will forgive the welcoming committee.”
“They are at no fault sire,” answered Captain. The crowd gave a silent sigh of relief. They then caught Phoenix's authoritative stare and quickly dispersed back to their duties.
“Aw, man,” said Azural from afar, “I wanted to say hi.”
“Don't worry,” said Fleur, “They're not going anywhere any time soon.”
“Yeah,” said Lucky, “we'll get them later.”
A servant appeared next to Phoenix and bowed, “As you requested sire. The guest rooms have been made up.”
“Thank you,” said Phoenix, “Forgive my abruptness but my kingdom calls. The servants shall show you to your rooms. I do hope you find them to your liking.”
“Thank you King Phoenix.”
 
 
 
Night fell on the world, displaying the crescent moon surrounded by many stars and the planet's twin rings. Exhausted from work, the labors retreated to a warm bed, a quite corner or a warm fire and slipped into dreamland. Some remained awake and stargazed.
“It is truly amazing how much has changed in our absence,” Captain complemented.
“All for the better as well,” said Shute, “Hey Captain. Why do you think Fleur, Lucky and Azural didn't greet us.”
“They were probably busy at the time,” Captain answered.
“Too busy,” Lucky walked outside, “What's up guys?”
“Hey Prince Lucky!” greeted Shute.
Lucky smiled, “Sorry we couldn't say hi earlier.”
“Do not worry,” said Captain, “We understand.”
“Where's Guneagle?” Lucky asked.
Captain answered, “He is to remain behind and protect Neotopia in our absence.”
“Gottcha,” Lucky sat down, “This place is a lot different. No demons running around at night. Seeing stars at night. I wonder just how far away some of those starts are.”
“Billions perhaps trillion of light-years away,” Captain answered.
Lucky let out a low whistle, “And just think, this is probably only a fraction of the entire universe. Then theirs is the alternate universe to explore. Even if you search until the end of time, we'll never be able to see all of it.” A sharp pain ran through Lucky as Demonico replaced him. “Oh, goody. There he goes again.”
“Lucky has a good point Demonico,” said Captain, “The universe does indeed seem endless.”
“I can't believe it. Two philosophical gundams,” Demonico changed back into Lucky, “Man I hate it when he does that.”
“Lucky,” began Shute, “Fleur said something about some of the kingdoms here not agreeing to the treaty. Why wouldn't they?”
Lucky answered, “Well, and Aqua and Eristis should. We grew up together. Aqua is about a year and a half younger then me and Eristis and Isocles, being twins, are about a years older then Fleur. Queen Acucallis, well her definition of a gundam is a talking trashcan and Czar Frost will give you the cold shoulder, literally.”
“That's reassuring,” Shute sarcastically remarked.
 
Elsewhere on another balcony Zero paced back and forth while holding a violet princess rose, “I can do this. I'll ask her…before we leave.”
“Ask who what?” Bakunetsumaru walked outside.
Zero quickly hid the rose, “Nothing. Why are you here?”
“No reason to get defensive Zero,” said Baku. He leaned on the balcony, “And to answer your question I can't sleep.” Zero continued to gently finger the rose spinning it between his fingers
Baku caught something glittering out of the corner of his eye, “What's in there?”
“What's where?” asked Zero.
“There's something in the rose. I saw it glitter,” Baku answered. He walked over to Zero and reached for the rose
“There's nothing in here,” Zero answered defensively.
“That only proves that there is something in there,” Bakunetsu lunged for the rose but Zero pulled it away and held it protectively. Before the knight could move again, Baku grabbed the rose causing its head to break off.
Zero stared in disbelief, “You broke a princess rose!”
The samurai ignored his angered friend and fished a gold band embedded with diamonds out of the rose, “Zero…is this a wedding ring?” Baku turned it in the moonlight causing the diamonds to sparkle.
“Fine yes,” Zero grabbed the ring from Baku, “And I would appreciate it if you did not dirty it.” He proceeded to shine the ring with his cape.
“I'm not going to dirty it,” Baku protested, “Look my hands are clean.”
Zero conjured another rose and replaced the ring into its center, “Bakunetsumaru. I beg of you not to tell anyone of this.”
“I won't,” Bakunetsumaru promised, “I swear on my samurai honor.”
Zero sighed, “Thank you.”
Bakunetsu placed his hand on his best friend's shoulder, “Have you asked her father yet?”
Zero shook his head, “Not yet. How am I even supposed to ask him? And when will I have a chance?”
Baku looked over his shoulder, “How about straight up and now. He's right behind us.”
“What!?” Zero spun around and met with King Phoenix's flaming orange eyes. Zero gulped loudly, “H-how long where you standing there?”
“Long enough,” Phoenix answered.
 
 
The next morning, the Gundamusai readied for departure. It was agreed it would be easier to travel as one. Zero leaned up against the Gundamusai still somewhat shaken from last night. Fleur placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, “Zero? Are you okay?”
Zero answered, “Yes, I fine,” he lied, “I just…didn't sleep much last night.”
“Okay if you say so,” Fleur walked past him and entered the Gundamusai. Genkimaru and Azural had already begun a chasing game on board the ship. Captain stuck his head out of the door, “Come on Zero let's go!”
“Right,” Zero hovered on board.
Rami, the Gundamusai's AI, spoke, “Take off sequence indicated.” The Gundamusai lifted from the ground and above the Skylarkain skyline.
“Rami, head due west from our current position,” ordered Phoenix.
“Roger,” Rami shifted the Gundamusai to forward thrust and shot towards their destination.
The Dark Axis trio in the storage hold felt the jot, “Whoa!” Zapper stumbled but maintained balance.
“De ja vu,” said Grappler.
“Dah, elmechus back!” Destroyer Dom was soon covered in the green robotic mice.
Cobramaru lay down on some box's bored out of his mind, at least until both Genkimaru and Azural ran over him chasing each other, “Watch were you're goin'!” Demonico snickered at his discomfort.
Up in the Gundamusai's head, Captain, Zero, Bakunetsumaru, Shute, and Fleur guided Rami. Chief Haro, King Luther, Kibaomaru and King Phoenix were with them as well.
Shute looked out on of the eye shaped windows, “Whoa! That river is huge!”
Captain joined him at the window, “The river measures five miles in width.”
Zero, Baku, and Fleur looked out the other window. Fleur commented, “That river is the natural boundary between Skylark and Facundra.”
Baku looked towards the opposite shore, “So that's Facundra?”
Fleur nodded, “Facundra the Farm Kingdom.”
“So what does that make Skylark?” asked Shute.
“The Technology Kingdom,” Phoenix answered.
Shute looked at the ground. The soil was very fertile, numerous yushas toiled in the earth. Those who saw the Gundamusai stopped and looked upwards. Some even waved at the passing ship. Strange animals assisted the yusha as they worked the soil trying to restore life to the post nightmare planet.
Bakunetsu removed himself from in between Zero and Fleur and went to the other side. Fleur stepped closer to Zero and nudged, “Beautiful isn't?”
“Yes,” agreed Zero, “But not as beautiful as you.” Fleur blushed at his comment. Zero snapped his fingers a made the ring bearing rose, which he hid behind his back. Phoenix watched with increased interest.
Before Zero continued Chief Haro spoke up, “King Phoenix is that Castle Facundra to the north?”
“Indeed it is,” Phoenix answered.
Haro ordered, “Rami. Change course for Castle Facundra.”
“Roger,” Rami veered right and headed for the castle.
“What were you going to say Zero?” asked Fleur.
“Nothing,” he made the rose disappear then said to himself, “Thanks for ruining the moment chief.”
The Gundamusai lowered altitude the closer it came to the simple farm style castle surrounded by endless fields and gardens. The Gundamusai smoothly landed next to the castle and allowed everyone to exit. Upon arrival, three guards carrying various styles of hammers greeted them, Greeting and welcome to Castle Facundra, Gundam Force” the leader spoke. The three guards bowed to them, “If you would please follow us.” They turned in sync and led their guest into the castle. They soon find themselves in a grand and seemingly vertically endless room.
A yusha carrying a scroll clears his throat, “Now presenting from Skylark, King Phoenix ac Droro Skylark, Prince Lucky kayo Thres Skylark , Princess Fleur con Agua de Piro Skylark, and Princess Azural Piro Lagua Skylark! From Neotopia, Chief Haro, Hyper Mode Captain Gundam, and Honorary gundam Shute! From Lacroa, King Luther Lacroa, Princess Relehimana Miya De Lacroa, and Zero the Winged Knight! From Ark, Lord Kibaomaru, Young Lord Genkimaru, Bakunetsumaru the Blazing Samurai, Cobramaru the Castle Conquer, Zapper Zaku, Grappler Gouf, and Destroyer Dom!”
Two royal yushas, one male one female, approached them, “Welcome to Facundra,” the King greeted, “I am King Eristis and this is my sister Princess Isocles.”
“Greeting your majesty,” said Chief Haro.
“Thank you for allowing us to come to your home,” said King Luther.
“Greeting and thank you,” said Kibaomaru. Shute whispered to Lucky, “Quick question why are your names so long?”
“It's a status symbol more than anything,” Lucky whispered back.
Eristis asked, “Is this the Gundam Force?”
“Captain, Shute, Zero and Bakunetsumaru are,” answered King Phoenix. Eristis and Isocles stepped forward and examined them.
Isocles gingerly touches Baku, “I haven't seen a samurai before.” Baku smiled and started acting tough. Cobramaru rolled his eyes.
“Well,” said Eristis, “they seem capable.” The Gundam force silently celebrated, “But I'm not sure.” It felt like an arrow punctured their pride.
Grappler whispered, “I'm starting to like this guy.”
“I like them,” said Isocles.
“But I am king,” said Eristis, I will wait and see what the other's think.”
“AKA we're screwed,” said Lucky to Fleur. She nodded.
“That didn't go over very well,” said Rele.
Azural tried to cheer her up, “Don't worry. Aqua will like them.”
“I just hope he doesn't drench us again,” said Isocles.
“You do realize this is Aqua we're talking right?” asked Fleur.
“Oh, come on,” said Lucky, “Aqua's not that bad.”
“You're just saying that because he was your partner in crime when we were younger,” said Eristis.
Lucky asked, “Your point?”
Multiple jets of water shot at them from no where. The water jets encircled the group leaving little room to move.
“What's going on here?” asked Zapper. Captain guarded Shute and Haro, Zero protected Luther and Rele, and Baku and Kiba had their swords drawn. Four more pillars of water could be seen jumping around the room. The water that had encircled them dispersed to the four pillars, the pillars of water jumped clear over the group. Three hit the ground revealing two males, one a gundam one a mer-man and the third was a female gundam. The forth jet splashed in front of the warriors revealing a young energetic water gundam, “King Aqua the Party King from Oceanica has arrived!” He stood up on his tail and twirled his scepter before striking a pose.
That's my point,” answered Eristis.
Aqua returned to his feet, “At least I didn't drench you this time. Now where's the Legendary Gundam Force?”
Captain, Shute, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru, presented themselves to the king. Aqua quickly glanced over them, “Well…if they're okay in Phoenix's book then they're okay in mine.”
“Sire,” said the male water gundam, “they are land gundams not water.”
“How could they be of any help to us?” asked the mer-man.
“Fleur said they have underwater units,” said the female gundam, “Besides, I think the white one is cute.” Captain blushed at the comment.
“I won't hear of it,” said Aqua, “If they can survive EagleEye then I do not see why not.”
The announcer yusha spoke again, “Now presenting from Tougen, Czar Frost and Prince Baruth!” A battle scared squat gun-to walked in wearing kingly furred robes. The young prince, around Genkimaru's age, followed in behind his father. Three brutish, club and spear-wielding fighters lumbered in behind the royal family. Their white fur covered every part of their body and draped over the top of their snow boots.
“Phoenix, Eristis, Aqua,” Frost greeted in turn, “Now where is this alternate dimension force?”
“Gundam Force, Pa,” Baruth corrected.
“Yes, of course, of course,” said Frost
“Baruth!” Azural waved at the young prince.
“Azural!” Baruth quickly ran to his friend, “Who's this?”
“I'm Genkimaru!” the said musha replied.
“Ice!” said Baruth, “You're a samurai right?”
Genki nodded, “Yep. The best one ever.”
Frost began his inspection of the Gundam Force. He first looked at Shute, “What's wrong boy? Never seen a gun-to before?” He blew his fur out of his eyes, “Your skin doesn't shine. You're pretty skinny as well.” Frost swiftly punched Shute in the gut causing the boy to double over.
“Shute!” Captain leaned down and helped him back up. Shute clenched his ice-cold stomach.
Frost laughed, “Hyuk! Hyuk! Jus' as I thought. No natural armor.” He then curled his middle finger and thumb pointing his reaming three fingers at the gundams, “Ice drop.” The gundams were flung into the air, through a sheet of ice and slammed into and ice block. Then the ice block fell down holding the gundams in place through two more sheets of ice and finally, smashed on top of them upon impact with the floor. King Frost threw his head back in laughter, “Jus' as I thought. If ya want Tougen on your side then ya better toughen up!” Czar Frost walked past them with the snickering guards.
“Phoenix old boy,” said King Luther, “What just happened?”
King Phoenix sighed “A very bad review from Frost.”
Fleur, Lucky and Chief Haro helped them up, “Are you guys okay?” asked Lucky.
“Wh-what happened?” asked Baku.
“It f-feels like my circuits are frozen,” said Zero.
“Th-that was unexpected,” said Captain shivering.
Baruth spoke up, “Don't worry guys. I like you.”
The announcer spoke again, “Now presenting from Areno, Queen Acucallis and Prince Az.”
“Good luck guys,” said Aqua. A tall slender torai walked in with a fan coving her face. Following after her head held high was her son, dressed in a light robe and a turban. Behind them were three guards, their claws gleamed in the light, muscles tensed under their scaly skin. They each wore a shoulder robe with stars sewn in. In their stomach pouches you could see outlines of hand held weapons. Each warrior carried a lance in one hand. She closed her fan revealing her queen's crown and sharp teeth. She sneered at the Gundam Force, “Perfect. More talking trashcans.” She prodded Shute with her fan, “Ech. Skinny boy. He can't fight.” Az laughed. The three guards chuckled. Acucallis held up her hand silencing them, “I will not sign any treaty with such weaklings.”
“Now wait a second Queen Acucallis,” said Eristis, “what makes you think they're weak?”
She scoffed, “Those who depend on luck are weak.”
“So you're saying that your guards need luck to beat them,” Kibaomaru challenged. Everyone who knew Acucallis looked at Kibaomaru like he was a maniac.
“What was that?” Queen Acucallis snapped.
Kiba chuckled, “All I'm saying is that we should see how strong they are against your three strongest. It is obvious words will not work for this treaty therefore action must be taken.”
“A trashcan who talks sense,” Acucallis smiled, “Very well. What are the terms?”
Kiba answered, “If the Gundam Force can best three of the five kingdoms here, the treaty is made.”
“And if they don't,” added Acucallis, “then no one makes a treaty with them.”
“Agreed,” said Kibaomaru.
“Seconded!” shouted Frost.
Eristis nodded, “Sounds good.”
Aqua agreed, “A contest it is. This will be fun.”
Phoenix sighed, “Very well then.”
“A contest we shall win!” announced King Luther.
Chief Haro nodded, “You will not be disappointed
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Before there is any finger pointing no I do not know if that is King Lacroa's real name. I'm just calling him that. Anyone confused about who's who? It will be cleared up in the coming chapters. Reviews please.