SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ Round Two! Freeze Over! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Own SD Gundam Force I do not. How many times must I tell you lot? Err… don't ask.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Shute furiously looks around the Gundamusai, “Come on. Where is it?” He opens countless crates, each time burying himself half way only to come up empty-handed, “Nope not there. Nope. Not here. Or here. No. No. Darn! Where are they?” He moves to the next crate, “At this rate I'll never find them in time.”
Rami's soft voice chimes in, “Find what Shute?”
“My winter gears and the gundams scarves,” Shute answers, “Without that heavy coat I'll go hypothermic against the Tougens.”
“All winter items are located in storage sector C-23,” said Rami, “I will guide you there.” The door whooshed open, wall lights pointing right.
“Thanks Rami! You're the best.” Shute follows the lights into a room full of crates, “Um...Rami? Could you be a little more specific?”
“Sorry Shute,” said Rami, “But I do not know exactly what crate contains all winter apparel.”
Shute groaned, “Great. I only have half an hour left.” He opens the first crate and starts digging.
“Is that you Shute?” Guneagle walks in.
Startled, Shute screams, bumps his head, then falls into the crate, the lid closing behind him.
Guneagle quickly opens the crate and looks in, “Sorry about that Shute. I didn't mean to scare you.”
Shute rubs his head, “Don't worry about it. Maybe you can help me.”
Guneagle shrugs, “Okay, what do you need help with?”
Shute climbed out of the crate, “We need to find some heavy winter gear. It's in here somewhere.”
“You got it,” Guneagle and Shute start digging through the crates.
 
“This place is huge!” Baruth looked around in awe of the Gundamusai's sheer size.
“I told you it was big,” Genkimaru replied. Him and Azural were showing Az and Baruth the Zako Zako Hour stage area.
Az eyed the stage, “Those little green guys put on a show here?”
“Every now and then, yeah,” answered Genkimaru, “They usually do one after a big event.”
Azural pouted, “I wanna see a show.”
“Zako, Come back after the fight this afternoon zako zako,” one zako solider answered.
Baruth looked around some more, “So is this like a moving base or something?”
Genkimaru shrugged, “I guess so.”
Az, being the tallest, looked down at Baruth and whispered, “You still haven't told me why gundams are more than just robots.”
Baruth answered, “Simple, they act jus' like us don't they?”
Az had never thought of it that way, “Yeah, they kinda do.”
“Come back here you stupid elmechus!” A cluster of nine elmechus scuttled into the stage area. Three each dragged one red scarf behind them as the robotic mice scurried around the kids. Guneagle leaps at the elmechus and frightens the kids, making them scattered in different directions. After a rough landing, Guneagle snagged a scarf and yanked it from the mice, “I got another one Shute!”
Shute runs in out of breath, “Two down, two to go.” He wore a scarf and had shouldered a heavy pack.
Azural poked her head out from behind the zako stage, “What are you guys doing?”
Shute drops the pack, “Chasing the elmechu.”
“Elmechu. Elmechu.” Waving their tails, the remaining elmechus taunt Shute and Guneagle while holding onto the remaining scarves. Shute and Guneagle stare them down ready to jump again.
“Go!” Shute and Guneagle raced at the mice, which promptly split in two directions. Leading the Neotopians on another chase. Guneagle's elmechus ran into a small deep crevasse. Guneagle stretches his arm as far as possible but could not reach, “Darn it!”
Shute had got into a tug-o-war with the elmechus over the scarf, “Come on! Let go!”
“Elmechu! Elmechu!”
Shute pulls harder freeing the scarf and toppling backwards at the same time, “Three down! One to go!”
Guneagle frantically looks for the remaining scarf wishing he could fly. He sees the red scarf flick away and chases it down, “Gotcha!” He pounces the mice.
“Elmechu!” They scurried away causing Guneagle to perform a sliding face planter.
“Ow!” Guneagle rubs his sore faceplate.
Shute sees them, “Zakos! Get that scarf!” Several zakos looks were he was pointing and spot the scarf. One swiftly snatches it away.
“Here you go zako,” he hands Shute the scarf.
“Thanks,” Shute replies.
“Heads up!” Guneagle tosses his scarf at Shute nailing the human in the face.
He replies muffled, “Thanks Guneagle!” Az, Azural, Baruth, and Genkimaru, were digging through Shute's sack.
“Are you that cold?” asked Az.
Baruth commented, “It's burning up down here.”
Genkimaru pulls out a coat, “What's with all the extra armor?”
“It's going to keep me warm while we fight the gun-tos,” Shute answers, `I don't plan on freezing to death.”
Baruth digs through the clothes, “This won't help if Hiejiji uses his special attack.” The furry prince reached into his light coat and pulled out a small heart shaped device, “Here take this. But don't let Pa know.”
Shute turns the mechanism over in his hands, closely examining the alien technology, “What is it?”
“A heart warmer,” Baruth answered, “It will keep your blood from freezing.”
Shute smiled and pocketed the device, “Thanks. I better get going. I'll see you later!” He runs out of the Gundamusai sack and scarves in tow.
 
Bakunetsumaru is out on the castle grounds training and kiaing, “they won't catch me off guard this time.” He leaps high into the air and attacks an invisible target.
“Captain are you sure your systems will not freeze?” Chief Haro asks again.
Captain once more reassures him, “I have taken the necessary precautions, sir. I am 100% positive that my systems will not freeze.
Zero was practicing his magic trying to think of a way to stay warm. He slices the air and shoots out a small short-range fireball. He groans, “Why does fire have to be my weakest magic?”
Captain orders, “Zero! Bakunetsumaru! Let's go! We have only twenty minutes to get back!”
 
Shute is waiting, dress head to toe in heavy winter wear, for his friends in front of the hall leading to the simulation chamber.. Baruths heart warmer is firmly attached to his chest. Hiejiji, Adalbjorg, and Polaris, the three Tougen guards, lumber pass the skinny human. Captain, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru follow them and stop at Shute.
“Are you ready Shute?” asked Captain.
Shute nods, “Yep. They won't freeze me.”
Zero gives Shute and awkward look, “How can you move in all that?”
Bakunetsumaru looks at Shute confused, “What did you do to your armor?”
“Nothing,” Shute answers, “I'm just dressed warmly.”
This received another confused look from Baku. He decided to poke the human for an answer, “Weird….”
“Hold up guys!” Fleur runs up to them, “Good, I didn't think I would catch…you…Shute is that you?”
Shute adjusts his ski goggles, “What? I don't want to freeze in there.”
Zero bows, “Greeting Princess Fleur. Why have you come?”
“To wish you good luck,” she answered.
“I don't need luck I have skills,” Bakunetsumaru answers.
“Let's go. The match is about to start,” Captain snaps his mouth guard shut and enters the hall followed by Shute and Baku. Zero turned to follow but Fleur grabs his hand. He turns around and is met with a kiss on the cheek.
Fleur smiled, “Don't freeze in there okay sweetie?”
Hearts danced in Zero's eyes, his hand follows her curving command fin then cups her cheek, “Don't worry I won't angel.”
Bakunetsu shouts, “Zero! Stop making out and come on!”
“Coming!” Zero shouts back, “'Till later we meet again princess.” Zero and Fleur parted ways.
 
“Hyuk hyuk hyuk! Your Gundam Force is in trouble now!” Czar Frost laughs.
“And why do you say that?” asked King Luther Lacroa.
Frost snickers, “Hiejiji is by no doubt the strongest and wisest fighter I've got. His son Polaris is extremely athletic, and Adalbjorg, well, he used to work for the other side of the law.”
King Lacroa shifts his gaze back to the chamber, “This should prove interesting.”
“Where's Shute?” asked Rele.
“Right there,” answered Eristis.
“Where?” asked Rele.
“That furry ball next to Captain,” said Isocles.
Lucky shivers, “I do not envy them right now.”
“You and me both,” said Aqua.
 
Down on the battlefield, Hiejiji stood emotionless and weaponless, his fur sticking out from under his heavy clothing. Polaris eagerly fingered his plasma spiked staff ready to go. Adalbjrog leaned on his club bored out of his mind wondering why he was even here. Opposite was the Gundam Force, sporting their weapons, and each wore a red scarf with the appropriate symbol sown in gold and white on the end.
Hiejiji speaks, “Activate Tougen!” The gundams prepared for a blizzard but instead found themselves being pushed into the air as snow quickly collected around them. After the earthquake, the simulation chamber resembled a snowy mountainous scene. One by one the gundams and Shute poked their heads out of the snow. They were on a high mountainside, the winter sun shining above.
Bakunetsumaru pulls himself out of the snowdrift, “That was unexpected.”
Zero brushes off his armor, “It's better then a sandstorm.”
“That's for sure,” Shute knocks the snow off his heavy winter wear.
Captain literally spun the snow off, “The gun-tos fur will make them nearly invisible in the snow. Everyone watch your back and look for movement. We are an open target.”
 
“So what first dad?” asked Polaris.
Hiejiji watches the Gundam Force, “We wait. A surprise attack will not work as Cobrawan showed. Let's see what they do first.”
Adalbjorg sighed, “What a drag. I say we go from behind.”
“In order to do that we would need to be behind them first,” said Hiejiji, “We will wait for them to come to us.”
 
“Watch your footing everyone,” said Captain, “There are layers ice mixed in with this snow.” Captain carefully descends the mountain followed by Bakunetsumaru. Zero flew ahead, looking for the gun-tos. Shute's foot slipped on the invisible ice causing him to get tossed down the mountain as a screaming snowball. He quickly picks up speed but is stopped by another mountain, “Ouch….”
“Shute!” Captain missteps and started rolling down the mountain. He reaches for Baku only managing to pull the samurai down with him. As twin snowballs, they rolled and ended up crashing next to Shute.
 
Queen Acucallus busted out laughing, “Hey knight! Go join your friends in the snow!” she heckles. Rele sneered at her but tried to ignore her. Queen Acucallus continues to laugh and heckle the gundams in the Ancient Tongue (A/N: also know as Skylarkain) until Fleur spat, “Zip it lizard!” A dead silence fell on the royal crowd.
“Oh, real mature,” Acucallis says sarcastically. Fleur whispers a word under her breath.
 
“Are you three okay!?” Zero shouts.
“we're fine!” Baku shouts back.
“Now!” Polar and Adalbjorg darted from their hiding spot and raised their weapons at the gundams.
“Look out!” Captain fired his head mounted gattling gun at Polaris. The athletic youth easily dodged.
“Greased Ice!” A long sheet of ice formed in front of Polaris. He jumped on it and rapidly sped towards Captain, Shute, and Bakunetsumaru picking up speed, “You're mine!” Polaris raised his plasma spike staff ready to strike.
“Not if I can stop you!” Baku crossed his swords, “Tekyo-ken!” The flaming X races towards Polaris melting his ice sheet. The two attacks meet and cause an explosion. Both Baku and Polaris emerged unscathed and attacked each other using fancy footwork.
“I call Captain!” Adalbjorg runs at Captain Gundam protecting his front with a stronger then steel ice shield.
“We'll just see about that!” Zero prepares an attack.
Adalbjorg saw him, “Get him Tundragon!” An ice dragon, that resembles an ice sculpture emerges from the snow and attacks Zero. Zero switches tactics and raises his shield but Tundragon manages to knock the knight out of the sky and into a snow bank.
“Zero!” Shute shouts.
“Worry about yourself!” Adalbjorg zipped from behind his shield and punches both Captain and Shute in the heart/ Soul Drive sending them flying towards the spectators. Although reinforced glass protected them, many of the spectators stepped back as Captain and Shute slam into the glass then slip and fall onto the mountainside below. They come to a stop after sliding a little ways. The spectators let out a collective groan.
“That had to hurt,” commented Lucky.
Captain and Shute sit hunched over in the snow arms crossed. “Are you okay Shute?” Captain asks.
Shute nods, “I'm f-fine C-C-Captain.”
Adalbjorg looks at the Neotopians, then at his furry hands, “Either I'm losing my touch or the gundam is winterized and the human has on a heart warmer. Time to step things up a notch.” Adalbjorg disappears in a breath of wind.
“He vanished!” Azural shouts.
“Beings don't just vanish,” said Az.
“Well he just did,” said Genkimaru. Baruth looked around for his warrior.
Czar Frost wore a sinister look, “Get them Death Wind.”
A harsh wind blew around Captain and Shute. Adalbjorg appears in one spot, vanishes, then in another, then vanishes again.
“Get down Shute!” Captain protectively stands over his best friend as his scanners keep track of their attacker. Adalbjorg emerges from the wind, freezes Captain's shield, then punches it shattering the shield and landing a solid hit on the gundam. Shute and Captain slide the mountain a little further before coming to a stop. Adalbjorg slides down after them brandishing a small gun, “Good bye.” He fired it twice, Captain holds up his arms ion defense and protects Shute as the shivering human covers himself. They hear ice forming around them. Shute looks up and laughs, “Alright Zero!” Zero hi-field had blocked the ice shots.
Zero flies into the shield, “Are you alright?”
“Yes,” answered Captain. Are you?”
“A little frozen but I will be fine,” Zero answered.
“Oh, Come on!” shouted Adalbjorg.
Zero and Captain stand back to back, “Ready?”
“Ready!” Zero drops the shield. They charge at him full force.
“Heh. Please,” says Adalbjorg, “Tundragon!”
Tundragon appears from behind his master and attacks Captain, Zero, and Shute pushing them down the mountain in an icy chill heading towards Bakunetsumaru and Polaris.
Polaris spots the ice dragon and jumps out of the way while Baku was swallowed by the attack.
Polaris fingers his ripped jacket, “Warn me next time!”
Tundragon then jumps into the air and slams the Gundam Force into the packed snow a good foot and a half. The ice dragon continues through them further freezing the winded Force. With allowing recovery time, Adalbjorg starts his wind attack again. Snowflakes turn into razors and slashed across the gundams armor and Shute's already torn clothes.
Hiejiji watched from afar, “Adalbjorg. Several years ago he was better known as Death Wind, a murder who attacked relentlessly. No one knew his secret or how to stop him. I figured it out. But can they before it is to late?” The Gundam Force was at Adalbjorg's mercy. His attacks were far too rapid for the eye to see. His onslaught continued until blood was drawn. Adalbjorg stops, his back to his wounded foes. Sparks flew from the gundams damaged armor; Shute drew shallow breaths and shivered, trying his best to get warm. Adalbjorg looks at his furry hands, “It's been awhile.”
 
Hiejiji walks forward and stands over the Gundam Force. Each was on his stomach slightly curled up; their scarves mere pieces of shredded fabric, as was Shute's winter wear. Hiejiji then stretches his hand into the air with all five fingers extended. Slowly one by one they drop.
“What is he doing?” asked Chief Haro.
“The countdown,” answered Eristis, “if one of the Gundam Force is not back one his feet by fifth-teen, Tougen wins.”
Queen Acucallis excitedly counted aloud, “five…six…seven…eight….” Hiejiji counts ten then stretches his hand one more time. On twelve, he hesitated, “well, he sure is stubborn that Captain Gundam.”
Captain pushes himself up and returns to his feet, “We are not finished yet.” Hiejiji drops his hand and smiles.
 
“No way!” shouts Baruth.
“Alright!” Lucky shouts.
“Yes!” Fleur and Rele say together.
Genkimaru and Azural laugh, “Alright gundams!” Genki shouts.
Chief Haro sighs in relief, “I hope they don't do that again.”
“Impossible!” Frost shouts.
Phoenix laughs, “I told you it takes a lot to keep them down.”
 
Bakunetsumaru props himself up, “Why did you hold back? You had us.”
“Mercy,” Adalbjorg spoke with his head hung, “Until Hiejiji showed it to me, I never knew nor heard of such a thing. He could have killed me those many years ago. Some days I wish he did. But instead, I was given mercy and a second chance. A second life in which I do not kill for pleasure, for fun.”
Baku gets his feet under him, “I see…it is your way. Just as mine is to never give up, no matter what.”
Hiejiji then asks Captain, “Will you continue or yield?”
“We will never give up!” Zero returned to his feet.
“Even at the expense of your teammates?” Hiejiji inquires, “The human boy Shute. He would be dead if not for the heart warmer. But even that will not prevent him from going hypothermic.”
“D-d-don't l-listen to him C-C-C-Captain!” Shute weakly shouts, curled in a tight ball, “Y-you can b-beat him before I fr-fr-freeze!”
The old gun-to sighs, “know this then. If you wish to continue then I will have no choice. I do not wish to-”
“Stop stalling and fight already!” Bakunetsu shouts angrily.
Hiejiji closes his eyes, “Very well.” A strong wind picks up and swirls around the fighters.
“Now is an excellent time for them to run,” said Aqua.
“Get out of there guys,” said Lucky.
“If you're smart you'll move,” said Isocles.
“Run guys,” said Fleur.
“Quickly run and hide,” said Eristis.
“W-wait,” said Rele, “Why should they run?”
“If they don't move,” said Phoenix, “Consider them dead.”
Czar Frost smiles, “Do it Hiejiji.”
Hiejiji opens his eyes, now resembling cold hard ice, “Gale Force Blizzard.” The wind howled loudly and rattled the mountains. The Gundam Force ducks down against the wind, ice and snow quickly gathering on them. The wind at first slowly pushed them back then faster and faster. Losing grip, their weapons fly from their hands and hit the far wall freezing rock solid on impact. Shute felt himself beginning to be picked up by the wind. He grabbed onto whatever was close by put was soon flying backwards, “Captain!”
“Shute!” Captain jumps into the wind and flies towards Shute. He grabs the shivering boy and anchors himself into the snow, holding Shute close, “Don't worry I got you Shute.” Shute curled close to Captain absorbing his body heat.
“Ahh!” Zero and Bakunetsumaru were picked up and sent flying backwards.
“Zero! Bakunetsumaru! Grab on!” Captain shouted. Zero and Baku each grab one of Captain's arms and plants themselves in the snow against the pounding blizzard.
Icicles hang from Zero's armor and weigh down his cape, “I don't know how much more we can take!”
“We have to hang on!” Baku shouts, “He can't keep this up forever.” Icicles also hung from Baku's armor. Shute buried himself deeper into Captain's arms as snow and ice try to freeze the boy and push down his gravity deifying tuff.
“Give up!” Polaris shouts, “You can't win!”
“This move stopped Tundragon!”
Adalbjorg shouts, “Give up!”
The blizzard picks up momentum, lifting the Gundam Force once more into the air and hurtles them towards the wall. Captain flexes his back mounted engine's wings and fires it up. This combined force and weight allows Captain to momentarily hang in midair, until the ice gathering on his engine was no longer being melted off quick enough. Many scanners blipped and alarmed Captain, “Oh no! My systems are beginning to freeze up!”
“Hang in there Captain!” Baku shouts. It is no use. Engine frozen, Captain and co are slammed into the wall.
Hiejiji stops his attack out of breath causing the blizzard to suddenly die. Captain's back mounted engine is frozen to the wall incased in ice. Zero is on all fours, hands and feet frozen to the floor. Baku is propped up on his back, his lower arms, hands, and feet frozen to the ground. Shute shivers and quakes as he curls as close as possible to Captain who keeps a tight grip on his best friend. Captain knows they have been beaten, “The Gundam Force yields to the Guards of Tougen!”
“Simulation, terminated.”
The snowy mountains disappeared but the ice binding them did not. Hiejiji, Polaris, and Adalbjorg run to them pulling off their jackets, “Here you go,” they each wrap their coat around either Shute, Zero, or Bakunetsumaru. Each gun-to wore a heavy tunic reveling their muscular furry arms. They begin to break away at the ice binding the gundams.
Captain pulls the coat tightly around Shute trying to warm him, “It's okay Shute. I'll keep you warm.”
“captain, Hiejiji says, “I see now that this `peace' treaty is a two way door. It is not only so that you can help us but also so that we may in turn help you. That is why King Phoenix has suggested this Inter Dimensional Peace Treaty.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
ZAKO ZAKO HOUR!
 
Z1: Greetings ladies and gentlebots. Today's meeting is all about…
Z1, Z2, & Z3: The Gundam Force vs. Tougen!
Z1: Zako zako!
Z2: In the second round of the competition the ice warriors, called gun-tos, defeated the Gundam Force.
Grappler: Figures. The one fight we decide not to watch and the gundams get beat.
Z3: Polaris and Bakunetsumaru stayed pretty much in a stale mate throughout the entire fight, both equally matched in foot work and fighting style zako. Adalbjorg used his own creation called Tundragon, a dragon made completely out of ice, to attack the gundams and attempt to freeze them.
Z2: However zako it was Hiejiji's Gale Force Blizzard which stopped the Gundam Force and forced Captain to surrender.
Z1: I can't believe Captain didn't throw in the towel earlier zako. It was obvious that they were fighting a losing match.
Z2: Captain's always been stubborn and will probably stay that way until he's deactivated zako.
Z3: You know zako, if it wasn't for the human nearing freezing to death Captain would have kept going.
Z1: No crap Sherlock.
Z2: Who is Sherlock zako?
Z1: I don't know. I just heard the humans say it a few times zako. Anyway for the future of the treaty, Zako soldiers fight! Yeah!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
What do you think? Review please. I tried a different writing style so tell me if you like it.