SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ All or Nothing! Zero and the Treaty's Last Chance! ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Bandai owns SD Gundam Force. Charon the Sabercat owns Aneko, Hoshiko, Hanako, and Hanako's daughter. Everyone else belongs to me.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
This was it. The score was tied two to two. Only one match remained to decide the treaty's fate. Both tension and anxiety hung thick in the air, barely contained by the castle walls.
“Just one more and we got it!” Shute cheered.
Captain calmly spoke, “We must win first Shute.”
“Don't be a downer,” said Bakunetsumaru, “We will win!”
Zero agreed, “We shall go home victorious.”
“You guys surly are confident,” Fleur commented.
“And why should we be?” Zero asked.
Lucky chuckled, “Just don't let the excitement get to your heads. We don't nee you to blow it.”
Shute smiled, “Relax. We won't.”
Chief Haro, King Luther Lacroa, and Emperor Kibaomaru were gathered in a tight huddle.
“What do you say?” Haro asked, “Yes or no?”
“Sounds good to me,” Kiba answered.
Luther agreed, “'Tis a fine idea, ol' chap.”
Chief Haro made his way to the Gundamusai, King Luther searched for Rele, and Kiba looked for Genkimaru.
 
 
On board the Gundamusai, Chief Haro discussed his plan with Bell wood, Juli, and Mayor Margaret.
“Sure no problem Chief,” Bell Wood answered.
Mayor Margaret giggled, “Who said business couldn't be fun?”
“Are you sure this is safe, sir?” Juli asked.
“Yes, I'm positive,” Chief Haro answered.
“Don't be a party pooper,” said Mayor Gathermoon, “Seeing a new-world sounds exciting. Plus I need to sign Neotopia onto the treaty along with Chief Haro.'
“Thank you, mayor,” Haro replied, “Be ready in one hour.”
 
 
King Lacroa discovers his daughter gossiping with Isocles and Fleur.
“Come on tell us,” Rele begged.
“Nope,” Isocles answered in a tease, “I'm not telling.”
“Please Isocles,” Fleur begged.
“Nope,” Isocles answered, “you'll have to wait.” Fleur and Rele groaned.
“Rele,” Luther's voice called, “May I have a word with you?”
“Sure Daddy,” Rele gracefully walks to him. The old king whispers to her. She giggled, “'Tis a splendid idea.”
He smiled, “Don't tell anyone.” Luther exits.
“What was that about?” Isocles inquired.
“Oh, nothing,” Rele answered slyly.
Fleur rolls her eyes, “Sure Rele.”
 
 
“Seriously. What does your mom have against gundams?” Genkimaru asked from atop Zapper's head.
Az hung his head, “I don't know. I never asked.”
“If it's something that makes her almost kill us and you,” said Grappler, “it must be something serious.”
“I don't know,” Az repeated, “But once I'm Pharaoh, things will change.”
“I hope so,” said Baruth.
Kibaomaru spies Genkimaru, Az, Azural, Baruth, Zapper, Grappler, Destroyer, Cobramaru, and some zakos. Kiba walks in and plucks his son from Zapper's head.
“Hey!” Genkimaru protested, “What gives!?” Kiba whispers into his ear.
“Understand?” Kibaomaru asked.
“You got it!” Genkimaru answered, “Genki Power Squad, move out!” He makes a portal and jumps followed by his squad leaving Az, Azural, and Baruth.
“What was that all about?” Azural asked.
“You'll see,” the musha answered while exiting.
 
 
Captain, Shute, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru attempt to discover who they will face. They circle the castle sizing up the guards.
“Any ideas?” Shute asked.
“They could be hiding their three best,” said Bakunetsumaru. They step out side and look around the castle grounds, their next arena.
Shute stretched, “I kind of wish we could go ahead and start the next match. This tension is killing me.”
“Same here, “Zero commented.
Captain asked, “Zero, are you alright. You're behavior has been rather strange lately.”
“How so?” Zero asked.
“One, you are not flirting as much as you usually do. Two, I have noticed your gunsoul pulse increases every time Fleur approaches. And three, you always make a rose containing a diamond ring whenever you are talking to Fleur.” Zero gulped. Captain had caught him.
“Perhaps you should tell them,” Bakunetsu suggested.
“A diamond ring?” Shute's mind clicked, “Zero! Are you going to ask Fleur to marry you?”
Zero stepped back in shock, “H-how obvious was I?”
“Come on, the diamond ring gave it away,” Shute answered, “Oh, man I knew it! Zero, why haven't you asked her yet?”
Zero fumbles his words looking for something to say, “W-well umm…I am I mean…I was going to…I-I mean I am going to ask her it-it's just that I want the timing to be right.”
“You want to put on a big show don't you?” Shute teased.
“This is Zero we're talking about,” Baku answered.
Shute was excited, “I knew it I knew I knew it!”
Captain asked, “Why are you so nervous about this Zero. Can you not just ask her right now?”
Zero sighed, “I do not expect you to understand Captain but I need the timing to be just right. I want everyone to know. That's why, the second our next match is over, I will ask her.”
“It's about time Zero,” said Bakunetsumaru.
Shute felt a clawed hand tug at his shirt. The excited human looks down and finds a familiar face, “Thief!? Is that you?”
“Hello friends!” the klepto toraii chirped.
The gundams turned around, “Thief?” Captain asked, “What are you doing here?”
“Thief want help friends,” he explains, “Queen lie to gundams. Areno desert with Force. Guards and servants lie.”
“Those were guards and servants on the news?” Shute asked.
Baku pressed, “What do the citizens think?”
Thief fishes around his stomach pouch and pulls out a small device, “Thief show friends.” He turns on the holographic projector.
“The Gundam Force? They rock!”
“We owe them big time.”
“I'm not about to be beheaded.”
“Gundam Force all the way!”
“If you're smart kid, you'll stop this before the queen finds out. She'll have your head.”
“The Gundam Force is okay in my book.”
Thief turns off the device, “See? Areno like gundams. But scared of queen. That why they no answer.”
Shute pats the young desert dweller's head, “Thanks Thief. We needed that.”
Thief smiled then said, “Thief need favor from friends.”
“What kind of favor?” Captain asked.
Thief wraps his arms around Captain, “Take Thief with you! Thief stay in Neotopia. Thief leave planet and bad queen.”
“Thief,” Captain answered, “we can't take you with us.” He gently removes Thief from his waist.
“No leave Thief!” Thief whimpered.
Captain replies, “I'm sorry but we cannot take you.”
Thief hangs his head and trots away. He then spies an open door on the Gundamusai. A sly grin stretches across his face as he races onboard.
A while later, Captain, Shute, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru find themselves in a large room occupied by Chief Haro. Chief Haro spies them , “Ah! There you are.” The Gundam Force salutes. Haro returns the gesture, “I've looking everywhere for you four.”
“How come, sir Chief?” Captain asked.
“Surprise!” Mayor Margaret Gathermoon appeared followed by Leonardo and Prio.
“Mayor Gathermoon?” Shute asked surprised, “Why are you here?”
She giggled, “Why to sign this treaty of course. Neotopia cannot become a part of it unless both Chief Haro and I sign.”
Baku narrowed his eyes, “Why do I have a suspicion that there are more?”
“Actually,” Haro answered, “The bigger surprise is outside.” He leads the group back to the battlegrounds.
 
 
“Captain! Shute!” Seven identical gundams waved to their fellow Neotopians.
“Gunchoppers! Gunpanzer! Juli!” Captain and Shute race over to them. “What are all of you doing here?” Shute asked.
“Ain't it obvious?” Gunpanzer asked.
“We're here to watch you win!” The Gunchoppers answered in unison. Each held a square containing one letter of Captain's name.
“And to insure Guneagle doesn't pull any more fast ones,” Juli glanced over at the grounded gundam.
“Don't rub it in,” Guneagle answered.
 
 
“Zero!” Rele waved her knight over.
He dutifully answered and bowed, “Yes, Princess?” Rele smiled and held back a laugh.
Zero watched awaiting her next order. He then quickly glanced over his shoulder and created a Mana circle. Three young knight gundams were instantly slammed into the ground, “You three will have to do better then that.” Rele couldn't help but laugh.
“Ow….” The first, Spiral, named for the spiral pattern on his red and brown armor, stood up.
The second, rather blocky, green and white gundam rose to his feet, “How did he know?”
The third a blue and black gundam resembling Deed shook off the hit, “That's Sir Zero for you.”
The yellow and black Loki stood a few feet away laughing, "I can't believe you three thought you could do that.”
“You have no room to talk Loki,” Zero snapped. Loki was instantly silenced.
The three squires dusted themselves off and bowed to Rele, “Thank you for allowing us to come Princess.”
Zero questioned his squires, `For what purpose are you here?”
“Simple,” Spiral answered, “To watch Sir Zero the winged Knight, Savior of Lacroa win the final match!”
“Spiral,” Rupert spoke, “they win as a whole, not as individuals.”
Spiral protested, “Well, okay yes but Zero's going to be the main one.”
Tunk sighed, “You dolt. They win as a team.”
“At least you two listen,” Zero commented, “Spiral, You would do well to learn that lesson.”
Spiral lowers his head, “Yes, Sir Zero.”
 
 
“Bakunetsumaru!” what looks like a female version of Baku pulls the Blazing Samurai to the Ark crowd.
“Aneko?” Baku asked, “Are Hoshiko and Hanako here?'
“Yep!” Aneko answered.
“Baku-kun!” Two more female mushas wave.
“Hoshiko! Hanako!” Baku barely brakes away from his eldest sister and rushes to his siblings.
Hoshiko hugs Baku's neck, “Hey little brother.”
Hanako slips one arm around her big brother, “Hello Baku-san.”
“Is he treating you nice Hanako?” Baku quickly asked.
She groaned, “Yes. He treats us very well. Doesn't he sweetie?” Hanako's tiny infant cooed a reply.
Baku smiled and gently took his niece's hand, “Hello little one.”
“There you are!” Cobramaru pulls Hoshiko off of Baku making her squeak in surprise, “Hey there babe.”
Hoshiko smiled, “Hello Cobramaru.” She gives him a quick kiss. Baku gags at the sight.
“Don't screw this up Bakunetsumaru!” The Blazing samurai looks up at the rest of the Ark crowd. Zapper, Grappler, and Destroyer stood in front with Genkimaru perched on Zapper's head. Be hind them stood a small army of zakos and nobusshis. In the back were Bakuhamaru, Mokinmaru, Kijuumaru, and Haganemaru. The ex-Kiba hoard and Bakunetsumaru exchanged death glares.
 
 
“Good luck Gundam Force!” Prince Az, Prince Baruth, Princess, Azural, Princess Fleur, Princess Isocles, and Princess Rele watched at ground level just under a balcony. Behind them stood Cobrawn, Stoic, Xantusia, Hiejiji, Adalbjorg, Polaris, Riley, Bengal, Marina, Rocket, Dragoon, and Wheeler in a protective fashion.
 
 
Chief Haro, Mayor Gathermoon, Prio, Leonardo, King Luther, Emperor Kibaomaru, King Phoenix, King Eristis, King Aqua, Czar Frost, and Queen Acucallis stood on the balcony overseeing the grounds. A lengthy piece of parchment, the Inter-dimensional Peace Treaty, weighed down by decorative paperweights, sat on a podium, patiently awaiting their signatures. The Gundam Force regrouped in the center and looked at those on the balcony.
“Ready for your final match up Gundam Force?” Eristis challenged.
“Give us your best!” Captain answered confidently. Eristis snaps his fingers. Three yusha guards enter the grounds; one on horse back, the second carrying a hawk, and the third accompanied by a wolf.
The rider spoke first, `I am Captain of the guards Thanatas!”
The wolf hander spoke next, “Canine Unit Commander, Geraint!”
The third announced, “And I am the Lead Hawk Tamer, Comgal!”
“Animals?” Zero questioned.
Thanatas scoffed, “Simple really. Both yusha and best share a symbolic bond. We fight, eat, breath, and live together as one.”
“Crap,” Shute whispered under his breath.
Captain whispered to Bakunetsumaru, “Be ready to call Entango.” Baku nodded.
 
 
The scene turned into a stand off. Restless, the animals pawed the dirt, growled, or cawed. “He-yah!” Thanatos and his six-legged horse, Advent gallop forward. Comgal and his hawk take flight. Geraint ordered, “Get them girl!” The she-wolf named Grendal charged forward.
“Scatter!” Captain orders, “Now Baku!”
Baku lands in a tree, “Here Entango!” His faithful steed charges into the arena towards his master spooking Thanatas's six-legged steed. Bakunetsu smoothly jumps onto Entango's back, “Let's go!” Entango circles back around aiming for Thanatas.
Geraint and his canine Grendal engage Captain and Shute. Grendal repeatedly charges Shute only to meet Captain's shield. At the same time, Geraint raised his hammer to strike Captain. Not wishing to gravely harm him, the gundam manages the either catch or deflect each blow with his v-rod.
High above the field, Zero skillfully eluded the mecha hawk and Comgal's onslaught of arrows. Every attempt made by the winged Knight to close the gap resulted in Comgal fleeing a distance. The archer would then send a second volley of arrows as his hawk swooped.
 
 
Bakunetsumaru and Thanatas's match up turned into a joust. They repeatedly charge each other and clash swords, caught in a stalemate. Entango and Advent circle and race faster edged on by their riders.
“Ah!” Thanatas gripes his side in pain.
Baku chuckled, “Shouldn't have left yourself open!”
Thanatas looks over his shoulder, “We'll see who gets the last laugh.” The vine pattern hidden within his furry feathers shines bright as he swings his hand skyward. Vines spring up in front of Entango freighting the horse making him rear up.
“Whoa! Whoa! Easy boy. Easy,” Baku calms his steed through gentle pets. The plants come to life and weave a cage around the duo blocking them from the crowd.
“Where did that come from?” Hoshiko asked.
“Come on Bakunetsumaru!” Aneko and Hanako cheered.
“Now you're mine!” Thanatas and Advent circled back to caged mechas.
“Forward Entango!” Bakunetsu pushes him into a charge, sheathing his swords. The samurai then places his feet on the saddle skillfully balancing himself.
Thanatas shouts, “I don't know hat you're planning but it won't work!”
“Arrogant fool.” When both stallions were mere inches from striking range, Bakunetsumaru leaps from the saddle and kicks Thanatas off his mount. The yusha guard flies backwards and tumbles, landing on his back. Baku spins around and halts Advent, calls Entango, ties Advent's reigns to his steed and sends them away.
Thanatas recovers from his fall and dismantles the cage.
“Pretty clever,” Thanatas admitted, “But let's see how you do fighting the very earth!” He slams both hands into the ground causing it to quake and fly up from under the samurai. Baku quickly jumps off only to be ensnared by a tree branch. After a slight struggle, the samurai draws his katanas slicing the branch then creates a flaming x. Thanatas creates a shield of dirt and rock but Baku cuts straight through it.
 
 
Meanwhile Geraint and his she-wolf had captain and Shute pined in the bushes. The Neotopian crowd cheers them on as the Gunchoppers held up their signs. The wolf rakes at Captain's shield and Geraint finally hooks his hammer onto Captain's v-rod and makes an opening, “Grendal, cuto!” Grendal dashes into the opening and sneaks her teeth into Captain's shoulder. Captain flinches and tries to pull her off.
“Captain!” Shute jumps over captain, straddles the wolf, and yanks on her ears. Grendal yelps, jumps off of Captain, and tried to dislodge Shute.
“Careful Shute!” Guneagle shouts.
Captain swiftly punches Geraint off, “Shute!”
“Don't worry!” Shute shouts back, “I'm fi-ahhh!” Grendal lunges left and right causing Shute to wrap his arms around the snarling beast's neck.
Geraint reappears and swings his hammer, Captain dodges the attack and fires at the yusha.
Grendal continues to jump and twist trying to dislodge the clinging human. She snaps multiple times at Shute grazing his legs. Grendal snarls again and races to the waiting horses. Frightened by the wolf, Entango and Advent rear up, treating to stomp them.
“Shute look out!”
“Get out of there!” Shute scrambles off and rushes to safety visibly shaken.
“Dang nab it Shute! Watch yourself!” Gunpanzer barks. Grendal returns to her master as Shute races back to Captain.
 
 
“Be gone foul fowl!” Zero swings his sword repeatedly at the persistent hawk. Comgal fires arrow after arrow grazing the knight every few shots.
“I've had enough of this!” Zero roared, “Mana!” A birdcage appears and ensnares the screeching pest grounding him.
“Think you're clever do you?” Comgal charges Zero and thrust his bow against the knight's neck. They fall at an angle, the ground rapidly approaching, landing point in plain view of the spectators.
“As a matter of fact I do!” Zero answered, “Mana!” He snaps his fingers and disappears in a breath of wind and rose petals.
“What the!?” Comgal crashed and slid face first several yards. Spiral, Rupert, Tunk, and Loki burst out laughing as do the young princes and princess. Lucky and Rele manage to swallow the laugh while Fleur can merely muffle hers.
Zero reappears, “Never underestimate a proud knight of Lacroa.”
“Nice one Zero!” his squires shout.
Zero ignores them and catches Fleur's eye, and gave a wink. Comgal shook off the blow and yanks the grass from his helm. “Care to go again?” Zero taunts. Comgal scowls, takes flight, and chases after him.
 
 
Bakunetsumaru yanks hard on his blades, trying to free them from the thick green branch.
“Try and escape this one!” Thanatas brings another vine tipped with jagged rocks right towards the samurai. Baku gives on last mighty tug, freeing his blades and narrowly evading the attack. Thanatas twist more vines in Baku's direction, all of which were smoothly danced around. “Gottcha!” A boulder dropped from above trapping Baku. It fell through the vines missing its target, almost hitting a comrade.
“Watch where you're aiming Thanatas!”
“Watch where you're flying Comgal!”
“Thanks Zero,” said Bakunetsumaru.
Zero spoke, “Bakunetsumaru, Let's hurry and finish this before anxiety completely saturates my circuit board.
“You got it,” Baku drops from Zero as thy race over to Captain and Shute. With one well-placed swing, Captain knocks away both Geraint and Gerndal.
Baku asked, “Are you two okay?”
“Yep,” Shute answered.
“Captain,” said Zero, “let's hurry and finish this.”
“Very well,” Captain spies the yushas regrouping, “Get to a safe distance.” He hovers and opens the vents on his boasters and head as he gathers energy, “Hyper Captain V-attack!” The golden v flies at the opposition hitting its mark.
Debris flies and scatters around the field. Aneko quickly shields Hanako as does Cobramaru with Hoshiko. The numerous guards jump in front of the princes and princesses blocking debris. As the dust clears, a strange plant cocoon is seen. The cocoon opens reveling Thanatas, Geraint, and Comgal unscathed. Thanatas looks at both his teammates who nod in turn. Captain, Shute, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru stop a few feet from them, ready to continue. Thanatas lowers his weapon, “The guards of Facundra yield to the Gundam Force!”
Cheering exploded all around the castle grounds. The Gundam force was immediately rushed by the masses.
“They did it!”
“Alright!”
“Awesome!”
“I knew they would!”
“Yahoo!”
“Gundam Force! Gundam Force!”
 
 
“Yes!” Phoenix shouts, “I mean…job well done.”
Acucallis stares in disbelief for a second. She snarls, angrily signs the parchment, and storms out, fan covering her face. The others quickly sign the treaty then descend, via a staircase and shout their own congratulations.
“Zero!”
“Fleur!” Zero helps Fleur out of the crowd and pulls her into his arms.
“Congrats Zero!” Fleur had to shout over the crowd.
Zero takes her hands, “Fleur! There's something I've bee meaning to tell you for so long. I have been enchanted by your beauty, your grace.” Baku, Captain, and Shute take their cue and begin to silence the crowd. Zero continues minus the crowds deafening roar, “Day and night you are on my mind and every day I am forced to go without seeing your face or hearing your voice causes me great heartache. And, now I beg of you, give me your answer true.”
He creates a closed princess rose, cups its head, takes Fleur's left hand, and kneels before her. The rose opens reviling its prize, a golden band holding three diamonds and embedded with even more, “Princess Fleur, will you marry me?”
All murmurs stop. Time itself seemed to stand still. Everyone tried to edge closer, eyes locked on the couple.
Fleur's eyes became dewy hearts, her mouth guard seemed to quiver. She nodded, “Yes! Of course I'll marry you Zero!”
Another roar of approval erupted. Zero, now with hearts in his eyes, slips the ring onto her hand. They engage in a deep kiss embracing each other.
“It's about time!”
“I knew it!”
“Told you so!”
“Say what!?!”
“That a boy Zero!'
“Yeah! Alright!”
“Congratulation you two!”
“Let's here it for Zero and Fleur!”
“Took you long enough!”
“Someone please tell me that didn't just happen,” Phoenix begged.
“What would you like to hear?” Chief Haro asked.
The love struck couple was oblivious to the crowd, they gazed deeply into each other's eyes. They then held each other in a passionate hug. Fleur couldn't hold back her tears of joy. Zero couldn't remember a happier time.
 
 
And so the Peace Treaty is made and Zero and Fleur are to wed. Though a few questions remain, we'll get to them later. Tonight, we celebrate!
 
-End