SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Grand's Admirals! ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shute here! Last time, we managed to escape from the ruined island of Atlanter, a place on Grand that was conquered by the Dark Axis. Now we have to get to the only safe place from their reign, Pacifica, and warn them! If we don't, there'll be no way to stop Commodore Z'Gok, and his plans of world conquest!
 
Grand's Admirals!
 
As the Gundam Force and Sinbad sped towards their goal, Shute continued to leaf through Z'Gok's notebook. After he discovered the Pirate's `plan' (if you could call it that) to conquer Pacifica, Shute wanted to find anything that could be used to stop them, such as battle strategies and blueprints. Unfortunately, all there was written in the following pages were doodles, `To do' lists, and some angry notes about what stupid thing his minions did to annoy him.
`This guy has way too much time on his hands!' Thought Shute as he stared at a rather unflattering doodle of Gerbera with a dagger in his head. It was at that moment that a purple CD fell out of one of the pages. `What the…?'
“Are we almost there?” Rele asked of Sinbad.
“No, we are not almost there,” Sinbad growled testily from the controls. “We weren't `almost there' the last time you asked, so why would we be `almost there' NOW!?”
“Sorry.” Rele said after a moment as everyone stared at Sinbad.
“Oh, forget it,” Sinbad muttered, “I mean, taking you guys to Pacifica was one thing, but now we have to save them from an invasion? This is getting out of-“
“Sinbad,” Captain interjected, putting his grumblings to a standstill, “Sensors indicate a large landmass on the horizon.”
Everyone quickly gathered to the viewscreen, except for Bakunetsumaru, who was still recovering from his one against a hundred fight with the Zakos on Atlanter. He just turned his head in that direction.
Now,” Sinbad said, “We're almost there.”
A cheer went up- and was cut off when the Grabola sudden jerked to a stop. This had the unpleasant effect of causing anyone close enough to bang their heads against the console.
“What…what happened?” Rele asked as she rubbed her royal noggin.
“I'll go look.” Zero said as he flew out of the hatch.
Topside, the Winged Knight found that two larger ships were on both sides of the Grabola, and had extended claw-like mechanisms which had clamped onto the ship.
“Sinbad?” Zero called down, his gaze not turning from the boats.
“Yeah?” Sinbad's voice wafted up.
“What does the flag of Pacifica look like?”
“I think it's a trident in a circle,” Sinbad's voice answered, “Why? What's going on up there?”
Zero stared at the trident-in-a-circle stamped on the side of one of the boats. “I think we're going to get to Pacifica faster than you think…”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Farther away from where the Grabola was in relation to Pacifica, a monstrous vessel chugged down the sea, cutting through any meager wave unlucky enough to get in its path. It was the HMS Tivvay, a warship much, much bigger and armed much heavier than the Chivvay. It was also much more streamlined than the Chivvay, though being of similar design.
In its bridge sat Commodore Z'Gok and the only surviving officers since his navy had descended on Grand; Gargos Gogg and Amuro Acguy.
“Amruo Acguy,” Z'Gok murmured in an alarmingly calm voice, “How soon till we reach our destination?”
“Erm,” Amuro peered at his instruments, “About several hours, Commodore.”
“Excellent.”
“What'd I tell ya, Commodore?!” Gargos boomed suddenly, “This new ship beats the tar outta the old ones! It woulda taken us DAYS to-“
“Shut up.”
Gargos cowered, “Yes sir.”
Z'Gok turned his gaze to his opened claw. “I hope we see find those GUNDAMS there…” He clenched his fist. “I hope to destroy them once and for all…”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
After the Gundam Force found themselves being forcibly escorted to Pacifica, they wound being arrested, sent to jail, and had mug shots taken- all in the space of an hour.
(“Pacificans move pretty fast when it comes to law enforcement,” Sinbad grumbled)
They were now being interrogated.
“Tell us everything you know, and we might go easy on you,” the interrogator threatened, “Why were you in control of a pirate vessal? You're with the pirates, aren't you? Silence won't make it easy! SAY SOMETHING!”
The Force(who had been tied to chairs) was silent for a moment. Then Shute opened his mouth. “Well-“
“Aha! You admit it!”
“LET US FINISH!” Bakunetsumaru boomed angrily.
The interrogator fell back for the force of the Musha Gundam's yell. “He-hey! You can't yell at me!” He protested pathetically.
“Listen!” Princess Rele called out, “We need to speak with your leaders!”
The interrogator got up and loomed over the Princess. “Why should I?”
“Because these guys can save your stupid country!” Sinbad yelled impatiently. This was starting to irk him.
“Huh?” Ask the interrogator stupidly.
“The Dark Axis are plotting to invade,” Captain explained, standing up. He was still tied to his chair, but that didn't make much difference.
“The who?” The interrogator was really getting confused now.
“They're the ones you call pirates,” Zero explained.
“Aha!” The interrogator cried triumphantly, “You ARE with the Pirates!”
“No!”
After at least ten minutes of yelling, the Gundam Force was finally able to tell the interrogator what they knew of the Pirate's invasion plans.
“This IS serious!” the interrogator cried in a panic, “We must tell Fleet Admiral Gilligan!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Fleet Admiral Gilligan, the supreme head of Pacifica's naval forces, was many things. He was a superb tactician, he always promoted the right people, and he knew what medals to give out. He also enjoyed eating ice cream sundaes in the privacy of an empty room.
This was exactly what he was doing at the time the Gundam Force were being `interrogated', just several floors down. The reason why Gilligan was eating ice cream in an empty room was that he felt it was unprofessional for an Admiral to be seen eating dairy products.
Now, just he was about to plunge his spoon into said confection when the door burst open.
“Fleet Admiral Gilligan!” the interrogator cried, the Gundam Force and Sinbad right behind him. “We have an emergency!”
In a panic, Gilligan flung the sundae out an open window. After he calmed down, he glared at the interrogator. “Knock next time you're about to go through a closed door, fool!”
“I'm sorry, sir,” the interrogator apologized, “It's just that-“
“Wait,” Gilligan held up his hand, “Did you see anything?” Heaven help him if he was seen unprofessional…
“We saw you throw something away,” Princess Rele answered, “But that's not important!”
Before Gilligan could ask who Rele was, two more people burst in, this pair wearing the same uniforms as the ones who captured the Gundam Force and Sinbad.
“Fleet Admiral! We have a situation!” one of the two newcomers exclaimed.
“Now what?” Gilligan sighed, his sense of surprise slowly being dulled.
One of the two quickly set up some kind of projector and screen while the other began talking, “While on patrol,” She explained, “Our ship saw something…unbelievable on the horizon!”
It was at that moment the lights went out and the projector started up. On the screen it showed a very large, very foreboding, and -to Captain- very FAMILIAR vessel.
“That ship…” Captain murmured, his eyes on the screen. That ship, that very vessel, was the same one he saw being built on Atlanter.
“Judging from its speed and last seen location,” the woman continued, “It will probably reach our shores in,” She took a deep breath, “In fourteen hours.”
Fleet Admiral Gilligan stood up, looking all professional. “Contact all hands, ready all ships,” He marched out of the room, his hand gripping his long-forgotten spoon, “The Pirates are coming!”
Pretty soon, the room was empty, with only Shute, Captain, Zero, Bakunetsumaru, Rele, and Sinbad in it.
“So,” Bakunetsumaru said at last, “The Dark Axis is here.”
“We should talk with the Fleet Admiral,” Shute said, “And see what we can do to help.”
Sinbad nodded, “Okay, enjoy.”
Suddenly all eyes were on Sinbad.
“Excuse me?” Rele asked.
Sinbad sighed and rotated his shoulders. “Look, guys, the deal was for me to get you to Pacifica in the first place,” He paused as he stretched his arms out, “I never said anything about helping you from there.”
Shute looked hurt. “But…Sinbad…”
“Don't you remember what the Dark Axis did to your home!?” Bakunetsumaru burst out, “Don't you want to avenge the loved ones they took away!?”
Sinbad groaned. “Why? Even if I do `avenge' my mom, she'll still be dead. It wouldn't change anything.”
“Sinbad,” Shute was really looking sad now. Sinbad turned away from him, avoiding eye contact.
“Look…” Sinbad now had a strangled tone to his voice, “I'm not like you guys…” He began to walk away. “I'm not a hero.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Outside, Sinbad, now separated from the Gundam Force, walked down a street, lost in his thoughts.
`What do I do now…' He thought, as he walked aimlessly, `I wonder if that pier I stole the Love & Peace is still open...' he clenched his fists, “I should probably get off now before that warship gets her-`
“Mommy! Mommy, mommy!”
Sinbad snapped out of his thoughts and looked at a small boy who seemed to be tugging at some lady's -his mother, probably- dress.
“Mommy,” the pipsqueak begged, “Can we go to the pier, please please PLEASE!?”
The mother smiled patronizingly, “Maybe after we're done with these errands- and only if you behave.”
“OH KAY!”
Sinbad felt a lump in his throat. `I…I used to be like that…'
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, the Gundam Force were busy…siting on a sidewalk in depression. Fleet Admiral Gilligan and the rest had completely left the building, and they couldn't find where he had gone. This, coupled with Sinbad's departure, left the five in a very saddened state.
“Now what do we do?” Princess Rele asked. The others had no answer.
“Well, if you want my opinion,” A very familiar voice spoke up, “We could forget those idiots and do things ourselves.”
The Gundam Force looked up. Standing in front of them was…
“SINBAD!”
The seaman grinned lazily, “Hey-OOF!” He felt the wind leave him when Shute and Bakunetsumaru grabbed him in a hug.
“I knew you wouldn't leave us!” Shute laughed.
“Welcome back, Sinbad.” Captain said, saluting.
After Sinbad managed to squeeze out of the hug, he waved them to follow. “C'mon, I got us a good ship. Let's show those pirates the power of the Gundam Force!”
“YEAH!”