SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Bon Voyage! The Gundam Force Goes Home ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey, everyone, it's Shute! It wasn't easy, but we did it! We defeated the forces of Commodore Z'Gok's Armada! It got scary at some parts, especially when fighting Z'Gok himself. But with his ship totaled and being scrapped by the Pacifica Navy, I guess there's only one last thing to do.
 
Bon Voyage! The Gundam Force goes home
 
In the aftermath that followed the destruction of the Tivvay, many things happened.
In Pacifica, Fleet Admiral Gilligan, among others, were awarded medals in various orders, not to mention several Pacifican Sailors were promoted. Gilligan wasn't promoted because he was already at the highest rank. But, he was given a gift certificate to his favorite ice cream parlor, and that really made him happy, though he was too profession to show it.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, after leaving the destruction of the Tivvay to the Pacifcan Fleet, the Gundam Force went to a deserted island. It was there that Shute and Captain told Sinbad all that they knew about the Soul Drive.
“So that's it,” Sinbad said, leaning back against the beached Grabola, “other guys in the Dark Axis had these…Soul Drives as well?”
“Correct,” Captain answered, “Up until the Dark Axis invasion of Neotopia, I, along with the rest of the S.D.G believed my Soul Drive was the only one of its kind.”
“That must've been a shaker,” Sinbad commented.
“More than you'll ever know.” Shute replied.
For a brief moment, there was silence.
“So… What now?” Sinbad asked, “We've taken care of the pirates, so now what do we do?”
“The most logical action to take now is to return to Neotopia,” Captain said, “For necessary rest and repair for our next mission.”
“Wait,” Sinbad intruded, “Whaddya mean, `Return to Neotopia'?” No one else would look at him. “You're…leaving?”
Princess Rele looked sad. “Mm-hmm.”
“We only came to this world as part of our mission to erase the Dark Axis menace from all dimensions,” Captain explained, “Now that this world has been saved, it is time for us to leave.”
Sinbad looked up at the sky, his eyes squinting in the sunlight. “Yeah…you guys only came to get rid of the pirates, right? Now that you have…” He exhaled, and looked back at the Force. “Guess this is goodbye…”
“It-it doesn't have to be,” Shute said. Everyone looked at him as his voice picked up speed. “You could come with us! The SDG could use a guy like you-”
“Shute,” Bakunetsumaru interjected, placing his hand on the boy's shoulder, “What you ask cannot be so easily granted. Would you be willing to leave your homeland? Even if it's with the people who saved it?”
Shute looked downcast. “…I did for you guys…”
There was silence once more.
“Kid,” Sinbad spoke up, “Thanks for the offer, really, but I'm gonna hafta turn it down.” The cocky smile had returned, but there was something else there as well. “Ever since Atlanter, I've been goin' from one place to another. Every time I thought could settle down, the pirates would come and wreck everything. Eventually I got so used to running away it was the only way I could live. Then you guys came along.” He nodded at each and every one of them, “Thanks for showing me not to run.”
Shute, even though he was sad, smiled back. Silent tears ran down Rele's face, but she smiled as well. Bakunetsumaru's usual floodgates looked ready to burst, but he held back his sorrow in a display of self-control. Captain and Zero nodded.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Up on a nearby hill, a figure watched the going-ons.
`Let's see, there are three robots, gundam class, and three humans, six in all. Three are from the same dimension, the knight, the samurai, and the princess, while the boy and the military gundam are from a different dimension. The last human is native to this reality.' The figure focused its vision on Shute. `the smallest human among them has the target objective. All of them show signs of coming from a battle, especially the military gundam.' The figure made a snickering noise. “This is going to be easy!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“So how're you guys gonna do it?” Sinbad asked curiously.
Captain turned his head to look at Shute. “Shute, do you still have that device Chief Haro gave you?”
“Sure,” Shute dug into his pocket. He was just about to pull something out when a noise rang through the sky.
BZZMM! (a/n: remember the noise Captain's beam rifle makes?)
Everyone looked to where the sound had originated from. Up on a large rock not too far away stood the strangest robot the Gundam Force and Sinbad had seen yet. It looked like a Dark Axis robot, but different.
Although in height and physique it resembled Grappler Gouf, in terms of equipment it looked more like Zapper Zaku somehow. Coming down from its right shoulder was a shield similar to Zapper's, perhaps to carry some deadly weapon, only twice as long. On its chest were vents like the ones Captain's original form used to have. Its mouthpiece was longer than the usual Dark Axis robots. Its chest area and the shoulder part were colored a dull black, while its limbs were a dull grey. Its arm was raised into the air, with a beam rifle, similar to the one Captain used to use, only different, in its hand.
“Sorry `bout that,” the robot said, not sounding very sorry at all, “But I had to get your attention.”
Captain aimed his V-Rods at the newcomer, while Zero and Bakunetsumaru got their swords out. “Who are you?” He demanded.
“That's nothing to worry about,” the robot said coolly, “I'll just get what I came for and leave, and we can forget each other.”
“What you came for?” Zero asked, suspicious.
“Boy,” the robot said, fixing its one eye on Shute, “Give me the disc now, and I will let you walk away untouched.”
Shute reached into his pocket and pulled out the disc he found in Z'Gok's notebook.
“Yeah, that's it,” the robot said, keeping his beam rifle steadied on Shute, “Just toss it here, and we can walk away.”
Shute didn't answer. He stared the mysterious disc, holding it up into the sunlight. He wasn't sure why this skinny Zaku wannabe wanted it, he didn't know what it meant, but he now knew more than ever how important.
“No,” Shute said sternly.
“Say what?!” the robot cried, nearly dropping his rifle.
“I don't what this is, but I'm not giving it up,” Shute said, “Not if the Dark Axis wants it back!”
“The Dark Axis?” the robot laughed, “Kid, the Dark Axis are last year's design! I'm much more advanced than those tin cans!” He stopped laughing and fixed his rifle back at Shute. “But tech' updates aside, gimmie that disc or I'll stop your pulse!”
Captain quickly got in front of Shute. “I would advise you to retreat,” the gundam ordered, “You are outnumbered.”
“Good point.” Conceded the robot, “GET `EM, BOYS!”
Without warning at least fifty little robots that looked like Zakos but different came out of nowhere and began to swarm the Gundam Force.
“Yaah! Where did these things come from?!” Shute yelled as he ducked to one side, causing two of the Zako-like robot that jumped at him from opposites to collide. Oddly enough, upon impact, the two robots began to de-pixilate, out like a bad computer image.
“Careful, you idiots!” the larger robot yelled, “Do you Lozacks wanna de-rezz that quickly?!”
“Sorry, Sir Grand Hizack,, sir!” Another called out- just before being zapped by Captain and de-pixilating.
The robot, Grand Hizack, slapped his forehead.
The fight went on as such, with the Gundam Force knocking the little lozacks away, upon causing them to eventually pixel out, or `De-rezz', as Grand Hizack had put it. Oddly enough, Grand didn't seem too concerned with the dropping minion population.
“Brake as many as you,” Grand shrugged in an offhand way, “I can get more.” At which point several more lozacks wandered into the battle.
“We can't keep this up forever!” Zero yelled, as he thwacked one lozack while blocking two more with his shield.
“Then let's leave these small fry alone and deal with the boss!” Sinbad yelled, as he made his way to the shallows. He quickly scooped up a handful of wet sand and packed into a ball.
“Here's mud in yer eye!” Sinbad bellowed as he flung the wet, sandy ball at Grand Hizack. The muddy projectile hit Grand square in the eye.
Grand let loose a girly scream. “Eek! I can't see!” In a blind(intended pun) panic, he began to run around, knocking over dozens of lozacks at a time. All the while, he kept squealing things like, “I'm blind! I'm visually challenged! My eyesight has been obscured!” And so, and so forth.
Everyone else sweatdropped.
After Grand inadvertly finished the last lozack, Captain grabbed him to a stopped. “Here, let me help.” The Mobile defender offered, wiping the dried mud out of Grand's eye.
“Oh, thank you,” Grand replied graciously- then noticed he was within combat range of Captain Gundam. With quick reflexes, Grand pulled out a beam saber from his waist. But before he could follow through with the intended blow, Captain sent him skyward with a swift uppercut. Instead of falling back down, Grand stayed in the air by means of rocket thrusters at the side of each leg.
“You haven't heard the last of me!” He threatened ominously.
“Wanna bet!?” Shute challenged, “Captain, go for it!”
Captain's Soul Drive ignited with energy, and the fighting fire lit up in his eyes. “Special formation! Gundam Force Triple Attack!”
Grand blanched in mid-air. “What the-?”
“Super Magical Violet Tornado!” Zero unleashed a powerful wind laced with rose petals.
“Can't we talk this over?” asked Grand worriedly.
Tenkyo-Ken!” Bakunetsumaru sliced in the sir, sending off a fiery `x'.
“Aaarrggg!” I'm sorry!” Wailed Grand as he tried rocket away.
“Hyper Captain…Punch!” Captain's fist turned golden, and a thruster on his wrist gauntlet added speed to the spin. With the added speed and power of the tornado and `x', Captain soared after Grand Hizack.
Hearing the impending doom coming after him, Grand whirled around and adopted a defensive pose with his shoulder shield. “I can take it!” He said more bravely than he felt.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Several miles off the coast of the island, a dark-skinned young lady, looking as old as Rele, sat on a raft floating on the water. She wore a flower in her bleach-blond hair, a purple tube top and a violet sarong. Looking up into the sky, she watched the fantastic explosion that occurred.
Then she vanished in a beam of light.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back on the beach, Captain landed back onto the sand.
“Nice job!” Shute cheered.
“Who was he, though?” Rele queried.
“Who cares?” Sinbad replied, “But maybe you guys should go before another one shows up.”
“Agreed.” Captain answered. “Shute?”
Shute nodded and pulled out a weird device from his pocket. It was almost like a cell phone, but more like a flat version of Chief Haro's mask. The `ear' antenna flipped up when Shute turned it on.
“What now?” Sinbad asked.
“You'll see.”
A few seconds later, a swirling technocolor vortex appeared, about the size of a beachball.
“This vortex will take us back to Neotopia,” Captain informed his gaping friends, “But we must all enter at once.”
Before leaving, the Gundam Force said one last good bye to Sinbad.
“Here,” Shute said, giving Sinbad the Haro trinket. “If you ever wanna visit us in Neotopia, do it.”
Sinbad looked at the weird gadget, and stuffed it into his pocket, and turned around. “Aw, just get going.” He then heard a clinking noise. Turning around, his eyes widened. “What the?”
Captain's faceplate had opened, showing his nose and mouth. Zero and Bakunetsumaru had taken off their helmets. “We will never forget you.”
Getting over his initial shock, Sinbad smirked and nodded. “Ditto.”
“Bye, Sinbad! See ya next time, okay?” Shute then turned to his friends. “Let's GO!”
Leaping at the vortex, the Gundam Force vanished from this world without a trace…no more than usual.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Leaving is sad, but it'll be great to get home,” Shute yelled, “Right?”
“Right!” The others agreed.