SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Home coming ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shute here! We're finally coming back to Neotopia. I've got so much stuff to tell! It was pretty sad leaving Sinbad back on Grand, but you know what they say, there's no place like home. That's probably why he stayed, actually….
 
Home Coming
 
The City of Neotopia was a place of splendor to behold. A marvelous metropolis, whose steel intertwined with the greenery, making a truly glorious blend of machine and nature. A paradise on Earth, some had called it, and those that didn't said it was the closest thing to one.
The greatest landmark on Neotopia would be the tower that stood directly in the center of the city. Each elevated platform acted as a park, and the tower was like the eye of a hurricane, centered and separated from the hustle and bustle of the city life- even though things were so efficient that hustle was nowhere near as frantic as one might think.
On one of the park-platforms a small boy, probably in first or second grade of school, was playing catch with his buddy, a Mobile Citizen, GM class. When this boy had some free time, he could be found on that platform throwing a baseball to and from his GM buddy.
The ball in question sailed over the boy's head, having been thrown to high. But instead of flying of the tower platform, it banged on someone reading a newspaper on a nearby parkbench. That litte boy ran over to get it. Giving the newspaper reader an apologetic glance, and saying, “Sorry,” the boy ran back to his game of catch.
The paper reader lowered the edition to reveal an ominous mono-eye. He turned to someone else reading a newspaper.
“That's the third time, too.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“No matter how many times I see it, it always looks great,” Shute commented, gazing at the tower.
“The architecture is designed to instill a sense of well-being,” Captain mentioned.
“I can understand why you and Captain love your home,” Zero commented. Even the shadows he spent two years hiding in were majestic.
“A homeland worthy of the term paradise,” Bakunetsumaru agreed.
“The view up here is truly lovely.” Princess Rele breathed.
Up here?
It just occurred to all of them that the ground felt a little too soft. Looking down(despite warning bells in the backs of their minds telling them not too) The Gundam Force realized that there was no ground! The rift had transported them several miles into the sky!
And when the reality of it reared its ugly head, so did the laws of physics, as they began to plummet to the ground.
“Aaaaaauuuuuggggg!” Bakunetsumaru screamed
“Here we go agaaaaaiiiiin!” Shute wailed.
“Eeeeaaaaaaahhhh!” Rele shrieked.
“Princess!” Zero yelled, holding out his hand for her, “Grab on to me!”
Rele, however, grabbed Shute's hand. Zero mid-fall facefaulted.
Captain was the only one to remain calm. “Don't worry, everyone,” he said, “We'll be fine.”
Everyone else stopped making a fuss to look at Captain in confusion.
“Just wait,” Captain said knowingly.
Before anyone could inquire, they landed on a cloud.
“Oh yeah…I remember these things!” Shute laughed, as he stood up.
“Is…this some sort of new magic?” Rele asked, too astonished to get up.
“Have no fear, milady,” Zero said, helping her up in a knightly way.
Bakunetsumaru stomped his foot a few times, “These clouds are unusually thick.”
“Bakunetsumaru, Princess Rele, do not be worried,” Captain explained, “These synthetic cumulus clouds were made as part of Blanc Base's camouflage.”
It was at that moment that a platform rose up. Captain nodded towards it.
“Let's go.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
The main head quarters of the Super Dimensional Guard, Blanc Base, was looking better than ever when the Force arrived. Despite its literal fall during the first phase of the Dark Axis full invasion. Still, despite that, the base received minimal damage and was able become operational again after being dug out of the ground. In fact, it now looked like nothing of the sort happened.
The Gundam Force stood triumphantly in the same area where Shute was first indicted into the S.D.G. Standing to attention, the GF stood ready to see Chief Haro. This was a bit of an experience for Princess Rele, who was more used to being on the opposing end of such situation.
The light above the door lit up. The Force straightened.
The doors opened up…
And out rolled Kao Lyn's ball.
He glanced at them. “Yo.”
They facefaulted.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
At the platform park, the mystery pair were still reading their newspapers. The one with the mono turned to the other.
“Can we please do something else? I'm tired of reading the front headline.”
“Have you tried turning the page?”
The Mono-Eye didn't answer. Instead, it turned the page. “Hmm, shoeshine boy convicted agent of Jolly Roger Syndicate…”
It was at that moment that the girl in the sarong appeared in a beam of light.
“Grand Hizack has been deleted.” She said with no emotion.
The second newspaper reader lowered his newspaper. He was a tall man in a grey suit. His age could be in the fifties bracket, and he wore a monocle over his left eye. The most defining feature of this man would be his bald head. Shaven completely clean, there was not one hair- or any sign that there was any -on his head. This coupled with his somewhat pale skin gave off the appearance of a billiard ball. In fact, if one was to only take a quick glimpse, they would assume a cueball was sitting were his head should be.
“Do tell.” He said calmly, not taking his eyes of the fine print.
 
Zakozakozako
 
At Blanc Base, the Gundam Force were officially welcomed back by Chief Haro after he arrived(he had to make a stop at a water fountain, which, given his mask, was a chore). They were now telling him about their mission to Grand.
“I had no idea that there were different branches of the Dark Axis,” Chief Haro confessed, “I thought we destroyed them all.”
“Their leader, Commodore Z'Gok, had a Soul Drive as well,” Captain put in.
“Like Sazabi…” Haro mused. The Chief looked unsure of himself, though it was hard to tell with that mask on.
“Chief Haro,” Shute spoke up, “Where did Captain's Soul Drive come from?”
Chief Haro looked at Shute. “You'll have to ask Technical Chief Kao Lyn that, Shute.”
“Kao Lyn?” Shute asked, “He made the Soul Drive?”
“Hoo-waa!” Kao Lyn yelled, performing a roundhouse kick followed by a flurry of punches into the air. “Actually, no.”
“You didn't?” Asked Bakunetsumaru.
“No, not really,” Kao Lyn confessed. “While I built Captain's body and designed the chamber for it, the Soul Drive was designed by another scientist.”
“Who?” Shute asked.
“My former colleague, Professor Shelly,” Kao Lyn answered, “Brilliant man. A little on depressed side, though.”
“Can we talk to him? Where is he?” If this guy made the Soul Drive, Shute wanted to meet him.
“That's not going to happen in this lifetime, Shute,” Kao Lyn sighed mournfully, “Shelly was on the Axis Space Colony.”
“Space colony?” Princess Rele asked, confused.
“The Axis Space Colony was the very first of its age,” Chief Haro explained. “A means of living among the stars that our ancestors only dreamed of.”
“Then what happened to it?” Zero had a feeling the ending to this story wasn't happy.
“Unfortunately,” Kao Lyn sobbed through his large sleeves, “A malfunction in its booster rockets when it was being launched caused the Colony to drift in deep space, never to be seen again!”
“What!? Aww, man…” Shute groaned.
“That's awful,” Rele agreed. Still, the idea of `living among the stars' intrigued her. She was about to ask for more about it when Shute pulled that disc out of his pocket.
“Chief Haro,” He said, “I found this disc in that other dimension.”
Haro took the disc from Shute and examined it. “Another one?”
“Huh?”
“When we were removing the Horn of War from Neotopia Tower,” Kao Lyn explained while doing his high-speed katas, “We found a disc, very much like this one, among the rubble! Though it was heavily encrypted, when found a technical readout of the Magna-Musai, which allowed us to reconvert into the Gundamusai! Yow!”
Shute was about to ask more when a S.D.G GM appeared.
“Sir,” The GM began, “Mayor Margaret Gathermoon is on the line. She says it's important.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Hizack actually thought he could take them on his own?” the cueball asked, “Was he really so delusional, Bermuda?”
“That's right,” the sarong girl said, “He felt they would put up little resistance and give in after being fresh from a battle.” Bermuda shrugged. “It seemed like a good plan in theory, so I didn't object.”
“Most plans are good in theory.” The mono eye muttered, putting down his newspaper.
“Long Marasai?”
Long Marasai was robot no taller than Grand Hizack, with the same mouthpiece and mono eye. That's where the similarities ended. His head was domed in a manner like Darth Vader's. His left shoulder was a spiked shoulder pad. His right had fin-like armament. His mid-section resembled a tunic in some sense. On his left forearm was a small shield fixed on.
“Now that Grand has failed like that,” Long concluded, “The Gundam Force will now be on their guard. They will not give up the discs now that they believe powerful forces are after them.”
“So we should give them something else to worry about.”
Long Marasai glanced at the cueball. “You have something to say, Stonehenge?”
Stonehenge stood up from where he was sitting. “Better than that,” He answered, “I have a plan. Beating their bodies isn't enough. To defeat the Gundam Force, we must break their spirits.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Medals?”
“That's right,” Mayor Margaret said on the screen. “For successfully halting an alien invasion, the leaders of the World Union would like to award the Gundam Force medals of honor.”
“Cool…” Shute breathed. While he wasn't surprised at this(not too much, anyway) he didn't think the leaders of the WU would be involved!
“Well, I am not surprised,” Zero said rather pompously, “It's only natural for a hero like myself to revive thanks for his work in a grand celebration.”
“What work?” Bakunetsumaru laughed, “Getting blown out of the sky?”
While Zero and Baku' launched into another argument(Though they kept their heads and didn't come to blows), Mayor Margaret continued.
“The ceremony take place tomorrow at the World Union headquarters in Sector U. A special train line is being opened up for your benefit, but it leaves early. You should get a good night's sleep for the occasion. See you tomorrow!”