SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ The Terror Begins ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Imagine a bright, beautiful, peaceful place, where the skies are always sunny, and everyone can't say they've been better. This is Neotopia, city of the future, my home.
Last time, we, uh, literally dropped back in from our adventure with Sinbad on Grand. Now Captain, Zero, Bakunetsumaru and me are going to get medals of honor for saving the city from the Dark Axis invasion. This going to be great!
…Right?
 
The Terror Begins
 
The Next mourning, the Gundam Force, along with Chief Haro, Juli, and a SDG GM honor guard. with arrived at the train station for the trip to Sector U. They had stayed over at Shute's house last night, and now were on their way.
As they waited for the train to arrive, Shute's mind wandered over to the conversation he and Rele had last night…
 
ZakozakoShute Flashbackzakozako
 
“And this is my badge!” Shute proclaimed, displaying his GF badge for the Princess as she sat on his bed. He had it mounted the way a fisherman with his favorite catch.
“It's very nice.” Rele replied, smiling. She then frowned.
Shute saw the frown. “What's up?”
“This symbol,” Rele began hesitantly, “It's the same as the Superior Dragon's.”
“Huh?” Shute thought back to the Garden of Wisdom, and the image he saw inside. “I guess you're right. That's one weird coincidence.”
“Maybe…” Rele looked away, uneasy.
 
ZakozakoEnd Flashbackzakozako
 
That little discussion had Shute up all night. It also brought up questions he never before thought of, like how did the S.D.G know about the Dark Axis to begin with? And what was the mysterious connection between the DA and Prof. Shelly?
The sound of train wheels spinning brought him out of his thoughts. Two blue trains- What vaguely resembled mice- rolled up to the station, pulling a lone car and caboose behind.
Captain recognized them immediately. “The train brothers!”
“Ordinarily we wouldn't divert from our normal schedule-” the Big Brother began.
“But when heard you needed a lift, we could not refuse!” the Little Brother finished.
Before boarding, Chief Haro gave them these words.
“This track will eventually connect to a special line rarely used. This line will get you to Sector U in a matter of hours on a trip that would take several days on the normal lines. Once you arrive at your station in Rufus Talea, a special procession will escort you to the headquarters of the World Union, and from there the ceremony. Are there any questions?”
“Are we going alone?” Shute asked.
“We'd like to come with you,” Juli explained, “But there's been some strange activity lately. We need to stay here in case something happens.”
“We'll contact you if we need your help. Any further questions?”
“No, sir,” Captain replied.
“Alright then,” Chief Haro flashed a salute, “Gundam Force, happy trails!”
The GF returned the salute and boarded their car. After they boarded, Big Brother began to speak. “Alright, let's get this show on the road.”
Slowly, the train began to move, picking up speed as it eventually disappeared into the horizon.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Rufus Talea, the biggest city in Sector U, was known as the `politic city' where most of the major political action took place. Neotopia, on the other hand, was based in Sector G, and known as the `paradise city' because it was such a nice place to live.
Three hours after the Gundam Force left Neotopia, and soon with it, Sector G, they arrived at a secluded stop in Rufus Talea. The reason they made such good time was that they didn't have to make any extra stops, or slow down for any sharp turns. The line was completely straight the whole ride.
At the station, they were escorted to the World Union's HQ by what looked like a squad of stereotypical secret agents, complete with suits, sunglasses, and well-groomed hair. (since this little bit isn't important, there is no need to describe it in detail- A/N)
Eventually, after a series of somewhat annoying and for the most part unnecessary regulations(even the Gundam Force can't defeat red tape!), the Gundam Force made it to the ceremony!
Unfortunately, it seemed that several officials- who were more interested in blowing their own horns than honoring these brave heroes- preceded the whole thing in order to make several speeches that was basically saying the same thing over and over.
“And so I say again! …And again! …And again!” An individual with many medals on his chest bellowed pompously, speaking loud enough so those in back row can hear him without his microphone.
After he finished, there was tremendous applause- not because of his speech, but because he stopped talking. A woman in a striking light blue dress stood up and took the podium.
“Thank you for your words Commander Woody,” Said Graye Kenneth, Chairwoman of the W.U, “And now, we award these brave, unlikely heroes with medals in the Order of Dendrobium Orchis!”
As everyone applauded, Chairwoman Kenneth picked a medal out of a set and pinned each one on Shute, Captain, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru. Luckily, the medals for the Gundams were fastened by magnets and not pins. The Gundam Force Core stood proudly, taking in the applause and approval.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
On the train ride back to Neotopia, Shute, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru examined their medals in detail.
Shute, for some reason, felt a strange tingling as he held the medal in his hands and up to his eyes.
“Attention, passengers!” Little Brother's voice spoke over the P.A, “We have just entered Sector G. We will be arriving at Neotopia station in 2 hours and 36 minutes!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
No one noticed the stowaways on the roof of the Gundam Force's car.
Adjusting her sarong, Bermuda glanced at Long Marasai and Stonehenge.
“When do we move?” She asked.
“When they sleep.” Was Long's lone reply.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Shute jumped into bed, dressed in his pajamas. Captain was back at Blanc Base, while Zero, Bakunetsumaru and Princess Rele were sent back to their home dimension to rest from the events on Grand.
Shute lay down under the covers. Just as he closed his eyes, he heard a loud…
BOOM!
Jumping up, eyes wide, Shute stared out his window.
“What-?” Leaping out of bed, Shute ran for his parents' room.
“Mom! Dad! Are you oka-!” Shute cut off when he saw the room empty.
“Mom…? Dad…?” Shute's felt cold all of a sudden. Quickly, he ran to the nursery.
“Nana…?” Shute asked, a feeling of dread in his stomach.
The room was empty. Feeling the worst, Shute ran outside.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Hello?” Captain called out as he walked through the base. Since he arrived back from Shute's house, he had not seen anyone in the base, be it human or robot.
Bam!
Hearing the gunshot, Captain leapt to the side, avoiding the blast. Turning around, he couldn't believe who he saw holding the recently fired beamrifle.
“GunEagle!?” Captain stared at the young Gundam, or more specifically, the weapon he had fired. “What are you doing?!”
“Shut up!” GunEagle said in an uncharacteristically snide tone of voice, his eyes an eerie shade of red. With that, he fired again, and again, and kept firing.
Captain, not wanting to fight his own subordinate, turned and fled. As he kept running, dozens of S.D.G GMs ran out from wherever they were hiding, each baring some sort of weapon, such as a beam rifle or saber. Some had V Rods.
Not slowing down, Captain shifted from running to rolling, activating his heel-wheels. He plowed right through them with ease.
“He's getting away!” One of them yelled.
“Stop him!” GunEagle roared, “The survival of the Dark Axis is only if he doesn't!”
`The Dark Axis?' Captain thought, `But the Dark Axis is destroyed!'
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Zero stood on a cliff, transfixed. The beautiful Kingdom of Lacroa, his home, recently brought back from disaster by the White BaguBagu…was no more. What was once a glorious city and castle, sitting on the roots and trunk of the great Spirit tree was devastated. The buildings were no longer recognizable, just piles of rubble. The once fantastic Spirit Tree was dead, most of its large branches torn off and resting in the now polluted water.
`How…How could this have happened?!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
That's exactly what Bakunetsumaru was thinking as he walked cautiously through the bamboo forest. When he had arrived, he expected to see Ark as it was when he left, enjoying the newly found peace after the civil war and Dark Axis attack. Instead, it looked destroyed, as if it had fought and lost a new war overnight.
`A little closer…' Bakunetsumaru thought, `Tenchi Castle should be in clear sight now.'
Eventually, Bakunetsumaru arrived at the area where the castle was, near Mt. Anaheim. But what he saw made him wish he didn't.
The castle, in several parts, was on fire. The smoke it created blocked out the sky. It looked as if a fierce battle was fought, one to end all battles. Countless nobusshi were scattered about, not moving.
looking around, Bakunetsumaru saw Kinkaku, one of Britianmaru's generals.
“Master Kinkaku!” Bakunetsumaru ran over to the nobusshi. It looked like one of his arms had been torn off.
“What happened? Who did this? Where's Lord Britainmaru?!” Baku' asked, kneeling down.
Kinkaku groaned. “The…demon…” Was all he said before falling silent.
“What?” Bakunetsumaru looked around frantically. He began to call out for Entengo. Before leaving for Neotopia, he had left his steed in a stable at the castle.
“Entengo! Entengo!”
“Your little pony won't be coming, Bakunetsumaru.” A very evil, very cruel, very familiar voice said.
Bakunetsumaru felt his circuits run cold. “No, not…not you!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Shute stared at the city with horror-filled eyes.
The city was a damaged beyond belief, and what was worse, multiple `Horns of War' had sprouted up all over the place. But the worse sight was in the sky.
“This can't be happening,” Shute said tonelessly, as he stared at the Dark Axis base.