SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Gundam Force, Fight! ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shute here. Last time, me, Captain, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru received medals of honor from the chairwoman of the World Union for saving Neotopia from the Dark Axis. But ,as relaxed our guard, the city, Lacroa, and Ark were destroyed! This is gotta be a nightmare!
 
Gundam Force, Fight!
 
`This can't be happening,” Shute thought, as he stared blankly at the ruins of Neotopia. `This can't be happening! This can't!' Suddenly, Shute's eyes snapped into focus.
“Wait a minute!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Captain ran down the halls of Blanc Base, keeping an eye out for anyone that could come. With GunEagle and the rest of the S.D.G's GMs turned traitor, Captain couldn't afford to be careless.
`I can't use the Re-Equip Ring in order to get my booster rockets, that would take too long,' Captain thought, `My only chance of getting out of here unharmed would be to pilot a GunPerry.'
After his little skirmish with GunEagle, Captain hadn't encountered any other opposition. As he came closer to the GunPerry hanger, Captain heard something roll up behind him. Wrist gauntlet ready to fire, Captain whirled around-
And found Kao Lyn's Ball.
“I thought it was you,” The Ball said, “C'mon, we have to get out of here.”
The Ball rolled past Captain towards the GunPerrys. Captain kept his wrist gauntlet steadied on him.
“Everyone else has begun acting strangely,” Explained the Ball, “And the human workers have disappeared.”
Eventually, the Ball led Captain to the White GunPerry used by Chief Haro.
“This is the only one that still works,” it said, gesturing, “You get it started, I'll keep watch if someone comes.”
Captain, nodding, leapt into the cockpit and began to activate the GunPerry. Captain then realized something. How did Kao Lyn's Ball know the White GunPerry was the only one that worked? It didn't have the capabilities to `look under the hood'!
It was when that awful truth sunk in did Captain realize that the White GunPerry would not start. Worse, he heard the sound of running along with the Ball, yelling, “He's in here!”
Captain instantly knew that the only way to escape the Base was the most dangerous way possible. But it was either that or fight, and Captain had no intention of hurting his comrades, not while he didn't know what was going on.
Taking a running, or rather, rolling, start, Captain took dived off the catapult deck, plummeting down towards the ruined city below.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Zero floated through the fallen kingdom, staring at the lack of life. When he came to investigate, he hoped he wouldn't find any petrified people, and that someone, anyone, might have escaped.
Instead, he found pieces of petrified people. It was awful.
“No… No!” Zero moaned, “Now even the White BaguBagu can't save them!”
Zero…” A voice behind him called.
The Winged Knight froze. Slowly, he turned around to see the near-transparent form of a Knight Gundam holding a curved blade in grey armor.
“Rock…” Zero breathed.
“You failed, Zero,” The ghost said without emotion. He vanished and a Knight Gundam with a crossbow gun in red armor appeared.
“Battle!” Zero gasped.
“We were counting on you to protect the kingdom,” Battle said, before fading away. A third Knight Gundam appeared, this one with a glaive-like hand.
This is because you could not fulfill you duties, Zero,” He said, fading.
“No..Nataku!” Zero cried, reaching out.
But they were gone. And Zero was alone.
Not really.
“What's the matter, Zero? You're not looking as chipper as you normally do.” A familiar voice sneered.
Zero turned around and looked up. “You!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Bakunetsumaru stared at the former friend turned foe. “Kujakumaru?”
“I do not recognize that name!” The multi-armed Musha Gundam snarled, “I am Ashuramaru!”
“But, what's going on!?” Bakunetsumaru was beginning to feel a headache. “I defeated you in Neotopia!”
“When you took my honor here in Ark so long ago,” Ashuramaru growled, “I swore nothing would stop vengeance, not even death!”
“I don't understand your statement,” Bakunetsumaru conceded, “But what has happened here?”
“Isn't this what you wanted, Bakunetsumaru?”
“What?!”
“You said it yourself,” Ashuramaru accused, “You would rather have Ark in ruin.”
“Yes…as opposed to being enslaved by the Dark Axis!” Bakunetsumaru countered.
“Well, no what its opposed to, Ark is as you wanted,” Ashuramaru sneered, “Britainmaru, that weak old fool, could not hold the country together, and with Kibaomaru gone, it was only a matter of time. Ark is in ruin, with no ruler.”
“You…” Bakunetsumaru reached for his swords when a thought occurred to him. “Where are Genkimaru and the others?”
“That brat?” Ashuramaru asked, “He wouldn't stop his blabbering, so I…silenced him. Along with those idiots.”
Bakunetsumaru grew cold. If what Ashuramaru meant what he thought he meant, that would mean another friend was gone.
“You...you're not the friend I remember!” Bakunetsumaru shouted. Back at Neotopia, Ashuramaru stopped his initial attack because Shute had jumped between the two of them. Kujakumaru, even before his transformation, was never one to harm a child…
“So glad you've caught on to that,” Ashuramaru replied, “Now draw your sword, Bakunetsumaru, fight me!”
With that, the two lunged and locked weapons, as the fires of a dying land burned.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Captain was amazed that, even after taking a fall that should have ceased his functions, he was still able to move and think. That being said, it did not surprise him in the slightest to feel pain in almost every part of him except his vital systems.
Getting up, he surveyed his surroundings. He wished he didn't immediately. The city was in ruins. Windows were cracked, doorways were torn open, and cars and other modes of transportation piled up in burning heaps.
“Looks bad, doesn't it, Captain Gundam?” A voice asked.
Captain whirled around. “Commander Sazabi!?”
The leader of the Dark Axis invasion force glared at him through his one eye. “All this territory…and no one to rule over.”
Captain aimed his wrist gauntlets at the Commander. “I don't know what's going on, but I will stop you and save the city!”
“Save it, Captain?” another voice that shouldn't be said. Up above was Professor Gerbera on his plateform. “Save it for who?”
“Madnug?!” Captain gasped.
“My title is Professor Gerbera, Captain,” The disguised gundam snapped, “And just what would you gain by defeating us?” higher above, the monstrous form of General Zeong loomed.
“There are no more humans in Neotopia, Captain,” Gerbera went on, “We are the only ones left.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Zero stared the beings floating above him. “Talgeese! Deed!”
The two enemies, one formerly a friend, but both supposedly gone from this world, stared back down at Zero, both merged with Griffin and Steel Dragon, respectively.
Zero instinctively raised his hand up. “O Mana, come to me!”
The blue circle appeared- then vanished.
Zero was at a loss. “Wha-?”
“Didn't you hear, Zero?” Talgeese taunted. “Your good mana is fading, fast.”
Deed threw something down at Zero's feet. Horrified, Zero picked up the petrified head of Princess Rele.
“Now no one can have her!” The Dark Knight spat.
“No… Noooo!” Zero screamed, tossing it away. This was too much for him.
“As you can see, Zero, we're the only ones left.” Talgeese explained, “But since it would so very lonely here, we thought you would join us, Winged Knight.”
“Join...you?” Zero asked, more to himself than them.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As smoke from the fires continued to fill the skies, the blades of Bakunetsumaru and Ashuramaru continued to clash against each other.
“You are a hardy one,” Ashuramaru admitted, “But now it's time I finished this. Ashuramaru Lightning Shadow Ax!”
With that, Ashuramaru's face was covered by two panels, while a blue demon mask and red demon mask opened up on each shoulder respectively. His arms began to spin, and soon the Musha gundam became a whirling tornado of deadly blades. Without any more preamble, he rushed at Bakunetsumaru.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Commander Sazabi,” Gerbera ordered, “Eliminate Captain Gundam.”
“With pleasure,” Sazabi purred, the emitters for his death ray(well, what else can you call it?) opening up.
Captain didn't know what to do. Even if he fought, what would there be to gain?
“Captain…”
Captain, hearing that voice, quickly came to his senses and jumped to avoid the beam. Though he managed to dodge the blast, he didn't get out fast enough to keep a piece of his left shoulder pad from being chipped off. But Captain wasn't concerned with that.
“Shute?” Captain looked around, trying to find the source of the voice. “Where are you?!”
“Don't bother looking for your human pet, Captain,” Sazabi sneered.
“That bothersome pest has already been taken care of.” Gerbera explained.
Captain felt the life go out of him. “No… Shute…”
Up above, Zeong powered up his devastating mouth cannon. “GUUUUOOOOOHH…”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Well, Zero?” Talgeese demanded, “How about it? Join us?”
“I...” Zero began, pausing. He looked down and saw the Princess' head. “…Will not! I'll never abandon my loyalties just because it's convenient! Not like you two!”
“Very well,” Deed summoned his giant, double-edged scythe and prepared to swing. “She always liked you better.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As Ashuramaru came closer to grinding Bakunetsumaru into dust, the samurai tried to move but couldn't.
`No…' Baku' thought, as he began to lose feeling in his legs, `This is it…I'm done for…'
But just before Ashuramaru could strike, a symbol of energy, in the shape of the Gundam Force's crest appeared, blocking the attack!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
The three knights stared at the image that had appeared.
“What-?” Was Zero could make out, before the glowing emblem began to change. Rising into the air, the symbol transformed into Shute! Just as Shute landed on the ground…
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Everything changed. Suddenly, the city, which looked beyond saving, was instantly restored.
Shute looked sharply at Captain. “Are you okay???”
“Yes, I'm fine,” Captain answered, “But, Shute, how did you-”
Captain was interrupted by a strangled yell.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“I've had enough of you!” Screamed Talgeese, and summoned his griffin lance. With fury in their eyes, both he and Deed lunged towards the boy and gundam.
“Shute! Look out!” Zero cried, but to his surprise the boy held his ground.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
To Bakunetsumaru's amazement, Shute caught both of Ashuramaru's swinging blades. Then, in a show of unseen strength, Shute tossed the Musha Gundam aside.
Growling, Ashuramaru got back up from where he landed. “I've had enough of this! Ashuramaru Lightning Shadow Ax!”
“Try it!” Shute challenged, “No matter what you do, we'll beat this!” He turned to Bakunetsumaru. “I know we can! Right!?”
Slowly, Baku' nodded. As Shute turned back to Ashuramaru, the samurai thought, “Shute…When did you get this strong?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Sazabi threw his fists at Shute, but the boy caught both of them. A power struggle ensued one that Shute was able to keep up with. However, with his attention focused on the Commander, he couldn't do anything about Professor Gerbera. The disguised gundam was coming up behind him, his gauntlets opened with the drills and clippers coming ever closer to Shute.
“Look out, Shute!” Captain yelled, and delivered a solid punch to Gerbera's stomach area. At the same time, his body surrounded by a mysterious golden aura and a fire in his eyes, Shute forced Sazabi upwards, blasting his hands off!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
But instead of simply being knocked away, Talgeese…vanished in a burst of black light. Deed fumed, looking more demon-like by the second.
“Ready, Zero?” Shute asked.
“Ready, Shute,” Zero Custom, Knight of Silver Wings said. Flying up, he raised his combined Twin-Buster Sword into the air. “Super Spirit Magic…”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Key points on Bakushinmaru's armor began to glow. “Bakukaitensho…”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Glaring up the floating form of General Zeong, vents around Captain's helmet opened up and gathered energy. “Hyper Mode, power up…” the visor sliding down over his eyes, Captain's V-fin began to glow. “V Attack, fire!” With that, the ray show out of the fin at Zeong.
 
Zakozakozako
 
“Infinity Winds!” Zero projected energy versions of his sword at Deed.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Hakkai!” Bakushinmaru became the source of a fiery explosion, catching Ashuramaru and sending him flying.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Nice work, Captain!” Shute cheered as Zeong's form vanished.
“I couldn't have done it without you, Shute,” Captain replied. “Thank you.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“No problem,” Shute replied, smiling. “Now let's wake up.”
“Wake up?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“What do you mean?” Baku' asked, as everything began to fade away.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“It worked!”
Shute opened his eyes. He was strapped in a chair in Kao Lyn's lab, wearing a helmet with many wires and cords running out of his. The gundams were laid out on a steel table, their own helmets swapped with ones similar to the one Shute was wearing. They were connected through the wires and cords. Kao Lyn himself was nearby, punching commands into a computer. Watching at the entrance were Chief Haro and Princess Rele. The Princess had her hands clasped together, her eyes filled with joy.
While Zero and Bakunetsumaru slowly woke up, Captain calmly sat up and looked around.
Shute got out of the chair, took off his helmet and ran at Captain, throwing his arms around in a hug. “Man, I was so worried!”
“What's going on?” Captain asked, “Weren't we in the city just now, Shute?”
“The city?” Zero asked groggily, “Shute and I were just in Lacroa.”
“And we in Ark,” Bakunetsumaru said. He then realized that he wasn't wearing his usual helmet. “What is this thing?”
Chief Haro stepped up and began to explain. “Those medals you received were contaminated with a type of artificial virus that put you in a dream state. One that you couldn't wake out of.”
Kao Lyn leapt up and added in his two bits while performing katas, “When Shute contacted us about your condition, we knew the only way to get you out of your trances was to have Shute interface with your CPUs with this re-wired virtual reality equipment. Hoo wah!”
Rele shuddered. “You were twisting and moaning so much in the basement, I didn't what to do until Shute arrived.”
Baku' looked confused. “Basement?”
“That's where mom always makes you Zero sleep when you stay for the night,” Shute answered. The Knight and Musha sweatdropped.
Something then occurred to Captain. “Wait, you said Shute was able to interface with us. But wasn't his medal affected as well?”
Shute nodded. “Yeah, but I snapped out of mine by myself.” The gundams looked at him, amazed. “It's like when Zeong had me in his Soul Drive, remember? Then I called the S.D.G and told them what was happening-”
Shute was cut off when Bakunetsumaru got on his hands and knees.
“Thank you, Shute,” the Musha Gundam said, “While we were ready to give in to our fears and traumas, you alone kept fighting. I now know that you are the strongest of us all.”
Suddenly, alarms started going off.
“Chief Haro!” Juli's voice spoke over the intercom, “We have a situation! Three strangers have invaded Blanc Base and taken out most of our security force!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Amidst the beaten and de-activated SDG GMs, Bermuda, Long Marasai, and Stonehenge stared at the base's entrance.
“Well,” Long said, “Let's get started.”