SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Genki Power Squad #1 ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The country of Ark was currently a peaceful place. The previous civil war had hurt the land to some extent, as certain battles literally punched holes into the landscape (these battles occurred after Kibaomaru joined the Dark Axis), while families(Like the Cobra Clan) were blown apart by the trials of the conflict. But now that the battles ended, the people were focusing on trying to rebuild their lives. Even after the fighting stopped, though, some were afraid that the peace was nothing more than the calm before a storm, similar how the Dark Axis attack followed the end of the Battle of Daishinsho. Luckily, even if a disaster occurred, a special peacekeeping taskforce had been established, with members who were ironically part of the `losing side'(though in war, neither side wins- one side loses more than the other.). A strong, able-bodied group, whose members were determined to protect to protect the weak and innocent, the Genki Power Squad!
 
Genki Power Squad Misadventures # 1
Clash of the Titans!
 
It was a peaceful, quiet day in the country of Ark
“Where are those blasted keys!?”
Peaceful, anyway.
In a grassy plain, with a small town in sight in the distance, sat the Genki Power Squad's monstrous Big Zam. There were actually a few dozen BZs used in the Civil War, but this was the one that still worked. Near it, Zapper Zaku, Grappler Gouf, Destroyer Dom, and the Zako Soldiers were up to something mighty odd. Each of them where handling sickles, and chopping away at the grass, storing the clippings in baskets hung on their backs.
“I can't believe you lost the keys,” Grappler groused.
“I didn't lose them,” Zapper retorted, “I didn't even have them! I don't know who lost them, but it wasn't me!”
Up on the Big Zam, resting under the tree that was growing out of the moss(yes, moss!), the rest of the Genki Power Squad, watched the going-ons below. The ones that were watching, anyway.
“Ugh,” Bakuhamaru glared at the Dark Axis robots with disdain, “Why do we rely on this piece of junk-” He stomped the hull of the Big Zam for good measure, “-and those idiots?”
“It can't be helped,” Cobramaru said, lying down, eyes closed, but alert for trouble. “We all can't ride on Oshogo.”
Cobramaru was speaking of Kibaomaru's horse-drawn chariot, something he left Genkimaru before he went to Lacroa.
Mokinmaru looked away, floating in the air. “Maybe their in that last town we went to,” He suggested.
“Okay.”
Genkimaru, sitting on Oshogo, got up and walked to the edge. Looking down on Zapper's gang, he yelled, “Hey! The others are gonna check the town!”
“Whatever!” Zapper yelled back. Genkimaru looked at the Kibao Horde and Cobramaru.
“Okay, guys, see if the keys are in the town!” Genkimaru ordered.
“What about you, Lord Genkimaru?” Haganemaru asked.
“I'm staying here to supervise.” Genkimaru explained, acting all important-like. The older Musha Gundams exchanged looks.
“What?” Genkimaru asked, irritably, “I'm not a baby! I can take care of myself!” He began to wave his little dagger around. “I'm a brave warrior of Ark! I can handle anything that happens!” Unfortunately, Genki' lost his grip at that last moment and the dagger, which thankfully was still in its case, sailed over the edge. Its fall was subsequently followed by a bonk and Destroyer's cry of, “Ouch!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, none of them realized they were being watched. Up on a hill not too far away was an odd pair, made up what looked like a human and robot of Dark Axis design, mono-eye and all.
The robot was purple, a dark shade in some places, mainly the middle parts, and a lighter shade in others. Its body was oddly shaped, with certain parts and boosters on its shoulders. The oddest thing about it was its head, as it was placed in the center of its chest, rather than on its head, as was customary. It resembled a transformer in some sense.
The human was small, maybe as small as a Zako Soldier, as well as female. She was yellow-ish skinned, and wore red and black Chinese clothes for little girl. Her dusty grey hair was tied into two buns.
The pair watched as the Kibao Horde and Cobramaru made their way toward the town, leaving Genkimaru and Zapper's Gang to themselves.
“The warriors are leaving, Loud,” said the girl.
“Good,” the robot, now known as Loud, said quietly, “Now we can talk to those older units with little interference.”
If they have it,” the girl said without care.
“'If'? Whaddya mean, `If'?” Loud snarled, “They better have it, we checked everywhere else!”
“It might have been broken,” the girl sniffed.
“I hope not, Shangri-Lah,” Loud moaned, “Or we're both in trouble. Listen,” He pointed in the direction of the town, “You keep the warriors busy, and I'll talk to those losers. They might just give it to me, and if they don't, well…” Loud stretched his arms, “What are they going to do?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
After the Kibao Horde and a grumbling Cobramaru left, Genkimaru and Zapper's gang were left on their own.
Destroyer Dom lifted his head. “What's dat?”
Zapper shot a look at the larger robot. “What? What's what?!”
“Me hear something!” Destroyer insisted.
Up on the Big Zam, Genkimaru raised an eyebrow and looked up. He heard something too, some sort of whistling noise…
WHAM! Loud landed in the midst of the Zako Soldiers, sending them flying in all directions!
“Whoa…” Genki' breathed as he stared at the newcomer from above.
Ignoring the Zakos cries of pain as the landed, Loud directed his attention to Zapper, Grappler, and Destroyer.
“Hi,” he said, “My name's Loud Messala, and I wanna ask you guys something.”
“What?” Zapper growled. He wasn't sure where to stare, the chest or the shoulders.
“I was sent to this dimension to retrieve a certain object, a disc, if you wanna be specific.” Loud explained, “It's about the usual size, purple-ish in color. If you guys have it…hand it over.”
“Well, we don't,” Grappler snapped, more than a little annoyed at the newcomer. “So why don't pop back to wherever you came from before we get nasty.”
“Yeah!” Destroyer added. Meanwhile, Zapper was staring at his feet.
“Well, I'd like to…but can't.” Loud replied, trying to sound apologetic and not succeeding.
“What?!” Genkimaru cried, looking down.
“See, the guy who designed me also had a second mission, concerning you guys,” Loud explained, “I gotta wipe alla you out.”
“The guy who made you?!” Zapper asked quickly, “His name wouldn't be-!”
Before Zapper could finish, Loud punched him in the chest, sending him flying. Zapper hit the ground a few yards away, tumbling.
“Zapper!” Grappler cried. He whirled at Loud. “okay, buddy, now it's on!”
Both he and Destroyer rushed at Loud, fists raised. However, Loud calmly caught both of them, and after giving them a moment to realize this, through them, putting a bit more effort for Dom.
“Like Donkey Kong,” Loud said evenly, “Whatever that means.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, the rest of the Genki Power Squad had finished searching the town and were meeting at the village square.
“We've searched the entire town twice, and still nothing.” Bakuhamaru grumbled.
“Let's go back to the Big Zam,” Kijumaru suggested.
Cobramaru wasn't really paying attention to the discussion. He couldn't help but feel as if something was wrong. His suspicions would be proven correct when Haganemaru looked up and said, “Hey… Doesn't the sky look pink?
At his words the other four looked up and confirmed this. The sky was pink.
“No, it's not.” A voice said.
The Kibao Horde and Cobramaru whirled at the source of the voice. In plain site was Shangri-Lah.
“A human?” Bakuhamaru asked. She did look a bit like the two children Kibaomaru brought with him from the Dark Axis base, but something was off…
“What do you mean, it's not?” Cobramaru asked, eying her with suspicion.
“The sky isn't pink,” explained Shangri-Lah, “The village is encased in a bubble of pink energy.” She said those words as if that explained everything.
“Why?” Mokinmaru demanded, his eyes glinting dangerously.
“My partner is busy dismantling the obsolete units by the Big Zam,” Explained Shangri-Lah. “He would like to do it with as little interference, so we have to keep you occupied.”
Obsolete units? She must mean those Dark Axis leftovers! Cobramaru thought. Genkimaru's with them, he could get hurt!
“And you think we'll just idly stand by!?” Bakuhamaru demanded.
“You don't' have a choice,” Shangri-Lah said calmly, “This bubble can only be undone with my choosing or passing.” She allowed herself a smile. “Not that any of you can defeat me.”
“I'll be the judge of that,” Haganemaru retorted, enclosing himself in his spikeball, “Hagane Dai Ko Shin!
Spinning at high-speed, Haganemaru rolled at Shangri-Lah, who hadn't moved an inch. Instead, she merely raised her hand in the direction Hagane' was coming from. A pink bubble appeared, growing large enough to contain someone. This was proven when Haganemaru got stuck inside when he moved into it!
“Now, then,” Shangri-Lah, moving her arm back. Swinging her arm forward, she sent the still spinning Musha Gundam in a bubble back at his teammates! The bubble vanished, and there was nothing to stop what would happen next-!
CRASH!
Only Cobramaru was able to fully avoid the collision that occurred.
“Ooh…” Moaned Haganemaru, “What happened?”
“That witch turned your power against us.” Kijumaru explained, dizzily getting up.
Shangri-Lah merely stared at them.
“Do you understand?” She asked, “It would be better if you just wait. I'm not interested in destroying you.”
“Yes…I understand…” Bakuhamaru said, standing up. “I understand this battle will be fierce!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back at the Big Zam, Zapper's Gang wasn't doing any better, if not worse. Loud Messala proved to be stronger and faster and smarter than all of them. When the Zako Soldiers attempted to swamp him by sheer force of numbers (Not that the tactic ever worked), Loud jumped over them and blasted them with a beam shot from his wrist (Like Space Ghost, only without buttons). Grappler Gouf tried to take him in one-on-one combat, but after a few traded blows got roundhouse kicked away. Destroyer Dom charged at him, but Loud merely stepped aside, causing the simple-minded robot to crash into the pile of Zakos.
“He was right, you are no trouble.” Said Loud, wiping his hands.
Bang! Bang! Bang!
Loud suddenly felt several bullets drive into his back. Whirling around, he saw Zapper Zaku, his knuckles pointed at him, the gun barrels on his wrists smoking.
“Wanna bet?” Zapper snarled.
“That's it,” Growled Loud, “I don't have to stand here and take this!”
Leaping high into the air, Loud Messala's configuration changed.
Folding his arms and legs together, Loud transformed from a robot into a spacey aircraft, similar to how the GunDivers would transform.
Genkimaru stared from his vantage point. “Whoa…”
Not stopping, Loud began to blast the Dark Axis robots from the safety of the sky, occasionally dive-bombing them. This strategy was effective as it had the mono-eyed ones running.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back in the town, the Musha Gundams were having battle that was more time-consuming than painful. Any warrior that got too close to Shangri-Lah found themselves trapped in one of her bubbles and thrown away. Not that long range attacks worked any better, as Bakuhamaru found out.
“Bakuha…Segaki!” Bakuhamaru bunted four balls of purple energy at the girl. Let's see her contain that!
Unfortunately, she did. And an even bigger surprise was when the four balls of energy, after swirling around for a bit, merged into one big ball of power.
Bakuhamaru felt his eyes bug out. What!? Was he could think when the bubble- and energy- smashed into him, sending him flying.
Cobramaru watched from the safety of the shadows.
The way those fools are telegraphing their movements, they might as well be fighting by a script, he thought, I have to get at her without her noticing… He then spied Haganemaru. Hmm…
Meanwhile, Bakuhamaru, Mokinmaru and Kijumaru huddled.
“There must be a way through her defenses…” whispered Mokinmaru.
“Maybe if we attacked at the same time?” Suggested Kijumaru.
“I'm not so sure…” Bakuhamaru muttered. It was then he heard someone yell.
“Hagane Daikoshin!” All three of them saw that oh-so familiar spikeball fly at Shangri-Lah.
“Hagane-!” Was all Bakuhamaru could yell before Shangri-Lah encapsulated and threw the Musha Gundam at his allies.
WHAM!
“Haganemaru…why'd you-?” Kijumaru groaned as he stumbled over to the spikeball. But when the two halves fell over, it revealed- nothing!
Over where Shangri-Lah was, her eyes widened as she felt an immense amount of pain. Haganemaru and Cobramaru had both shoved swords in her at opposite angles, crossing in an `x'.
“Phooey…Beaten, just like that? No fair…” She moaned as her body de-pixilated. Everyone stared in horrified amazement. `But Loud should be done by now…” Was all she said before vanishing completely. Above her, the pink bubble covering the town vanished.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, Loud continued his relentless assault on Zapper's Gang. No matter where they ran, Loud would simply fly over and blast them. At one point Zapper got fed up with the routine and tried to jump on him. However, the minute he was in the air gave Loud a good target and simply got shot down.
“I gotta do something!” Genkimaru said to himself, and made one of his portals.
Loud was very surprised when he felt a pair of tiny feet land on him. Nonetheless, Genkimaru was now standing on his back, directly behind his face.
“Hey, what the! Get off me!” Yelled Loud irritably as he bucked and shook, trying to knock Genki' off.
GEnkimaru, however, stood his ground. “You've had your fun, now it's my turn!” He yelled, jumping into the air. “Feel the strength of the Genki Power Squad! Ark Kosu Omai Senpo!”
Swinging his knife down with great force, Genkimaru plowed the ax shaped-handle into Loud.
“EEE-YOW!” Shrieked Loud. He quickly landed, changed back to his humanoid form and grabbed Genkimaru. The Musha Gundam kid struggled in his grip.
“I'll teach you to-!” But before he could exact vengeance, Zapper charged into to him, spikes first!
Crash!
Genkimaru sailed from Loud's grip and landed near the Zako Soldiers.
“How d'ya like that!?” Zapper taunted as Grappler and Destroyer quickly got next to him.
“Okay, let's end this! Final Deadly Screaming Chaos Catastrophe!”
Grappler Gouf opened his missile-launcher arm…
Ports on Destroyer Dom's chest opened…
And Zapper Zaku's visor lowered to reveal the laser port on his forehead!
All three glowing with power, they unleash a devastating beam at Loud Messala! Before the beam connected, Loud had one thought…
Hey…He never said you could do that…
BA-VOOM!
When the dust cleared, Loud was gone. Not a speck of him was left, though if someone had been watching closely, they would have seen him de-pixilate. A few moments later, Cobramaru landed in front of Genkimaru.
“Are you all right, Lord Genkimaru?” Asked Cobramaru.
“Yeah, we're fine.” Genkimaru replied, as the Kibao Horde on Oshogo rode onto the scene.
“Oh sure! Just dandy!” Growled grouchy Zapper, “And if you morons had showed up sooner, it coulda been better! What kept you!?”
After some arguing, name-calling, and a general amount of dispute, both sides exchanged stories.
“So that girl just vanished?” Genkimaru asked.
“That's right,” Bakuhamaru answered, “Bit by bit.”
“Do humans normally do that?” asked Cobramaru to Grappler.
“Not that I'm aware of,” Grappler admitted.
“She had strange powers, maybe she was from Lacroa.” Mokinmaru suggested, rubbing his eyes.
“Lacroa humans don't wear clothes like that, zako,” One Zako Soldier piped up.
“Great!” Snarled Zapper sarcastically, “Not only do get jumped by a pair of weirdos from who-knows-where,” He began to stomp around, “But no one found those darn keys?!”
“Hold it!” Genkimaru ordered suddenly. Zapper stopped in mid-stomp. Genkimaru walked over to Zapper's raised foot, and pulled out from an ignition key with a Zako keychain.
“Is this it?” Genkimaru asked. Zapper took it from him.
“Well, whaddya know…they were jammed in my treads the whole time…” Zapper said, painfully aware of the glares he was receiving from all directions.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As the Big Zam stomped its way through Ark, Zapper kept to himself.
There's only one guy who could make a robot like him, He thought, But we got rid of him…right?