SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Bakunetsumaru's Sensei ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The country of Ark… a land of traditions an honor and battle. Here, the robot citizens are not built, but born, and flesh-and-blood creatures exist only in mist. Here, the country of filled with a specia type of Gundam called Musha Gundam This is the place Bakunetsumaru calls home. And although it's peaceful now, you know a fight could brewing in a land of samurai…
 
Bakunetsumaru's Sensei
 
Across the valleys and plains and fields, a lone horse and his rider could be seen galloping towards an unknown destination.
“Forward, Entengo! We're almost there!”
“Neeiiigghhh!”
As his faithful horse kept going, Bakunetsumaru thought to himself, `I must take this break from the Gundam Force's new mission not as an excuse to grow lax, but to train myself!'
Entengo entered a forest, moving swiftly down a well-used path.
`These new enemies we keep encountering become ever stronger, so I too must grow stronger, even if it means going back to…him.'
Exiting the forest, Entengo went up a short mountain path before the ground became level again. After fifteen more minutes of riding, the two came before a large wooden wall, constructed by tall logs, similar to the ones that surrounded Britainmaru's camp during the civil war. Only these looked more sturdy, and older too…
“Well, here we are,” Bakunetsumaru said, dismounting. He walked over to a pair of large doors. “I only hope…master isn't home!”
Bracing himself, Bakunetsumaru pushed the doors open.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Bakunetsumaru entered the old training center and looked around. Off to one side were the sparring rings, while to another side he could see the old obstacle course. Between the two, he could see the living quarters where the kitchen and bedrooms were.
“It feels like only yesterday…” Baku' sighed, letting himself get lost in nostalgia. As Entengo trotted up next to him, something occurred to Bakunetsumaru.
“Wait a minute… It's quiet. Too quiet.”
He instantly tensed up, now wary. Like a rabbit sensing the eyes of a wolf on him, Bakunetsumaru stood still, but stayed light on his feet when ready to move. Suddenly, he heard a faint movement.
`There!' Bakunetumaru thought, whirling around. Unfortunately, he couldn't move fast enough-
WHAM!
-To avoid being tackled.
Ba-kun!
Bakunetsumaru wailed as he felt himself be plowed several yards away from where he was standing.
Bakunetsumaru's assailant was a slim, pretty, femal Musha Gundam, only an inch shorter than he. The light blue skirt she wore under her white gi stopped at her hips, showing off her legs, while covering the essentials. Her hair was blonde in color, and went down to her ankles, while a cap with cat ears topped off her head. She also wore blue shoulder pads.
“Where have you been? What have you been doing? Why haven't you wrote back?” She demanded, her knees planted firmly against Baku's chest as she glared at him.
“Hi, Genko,” Baku groaned as he shoved her off.
Genko pouted slightly at being pushed away. But then brightened up when she saw-
“Entengo!” She cried happily and skipped over to the horse. Entengo whinnied as she petted his nose.
`Oh, sure, the horse gets a peaceful greeting.' Baku thought grumpily, `Me, I get a shoulder dislocated.'
“So, whatcha doin' here?” Genko asked, looking away from Entengo to Bakunetsumaru.
“I have come here for training, Explained Bakunetsumaru simply. Genko smiled brightly.
“That's great! Master just back from a trip! C'mon!” Without missing a beat, Genko took off towards the house.
`Rats!' Bakunetsumaru thought as he trudged after her, `Why couldn't he still be on that trip???”
Suddenly, a small tea cup flew out of the door with such force and speed that Bakunetsumaru didn't have time to duck before it bounced off his forehead. At the door stood a menacing figure. This Musha wore armor similar to Daishinsho, only less decorated and intricate. He didn't wear a helmet, and his hair was tied in a single topknot.
“So!” The Musha Gundam said, “You've returned. You left so long ago, and now you return. Have you grown lax that you need a refresher course!?”
Bakunetsumaru rubbed his head. “It is good to see you again…Master Haomaru.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
After Haomaru had Genko make some tea(He sure as heck wasn't gonna do it!) the master and student got down to business. Or rather, Haomaru grilled Bakunetsumaru about his experiences in the civil war.
“So,” Began Haomaru, “When I heard you had disappeared in a battle, I was quite shocked. I know you are not one to flee or give up.”
 
ZakozakoFlashbackzakozako
 
Haomaru tried to pull a young Bakunetsumaru away from the obstacle course. “Just give it up!”
“No!” Protested young Baku', “I can do it! Just let me try again!”
“Don't be foolish” Snarled the master, “You're too hurt from your last attempt, how can you do it now?!”
“I can do it better than you, old man!” Baku' shot back.
“WHAT WAS THAT?!” Haomaru boomed.
In the distance, a young Genko giggled
 
ZakozakoEnd Flashbackzakozako
 
Bakunetsumaru chuckled uneasily, “You know me.”
“And a month later,” continued Haomaru, “You just as mysterious reappear, with strange new allies, to fight in the war's final battle.” He fixed Bakunetsumaru with a raised eyebrow, “At least, that's what the rumor mill says. So tell me, what really happened?
And so, Bakunetsumaru, knowing full well that his master wouldn't let up easily, told him. He told how he was plucked from that faithful battle to Neotopia by Bell Wood's dimensional transport device. He told him how he joined the SDG's Gundam Force. Also described the humans he met in Neotopia.
Genko was particularly interested in the humans.
“And their skin wasn't hard?” She asked at one point, astounded, “Weird!
Then of course, he got to his faithful duel with Ashuramaru.
“So that's what happened to Kujakumaru,” said Haomaru, “I heard he had joined Kibaomaru's army, yet the abilities I heard about were nothing like Kujakumaru's style.”
“He joined Kibaomaru because he wanted a chance to defeat me in battle.” Explained Bakunetsumaru, “Because I did not finish him off in our battle…”
Haomaru said nothing.
“Master…was I right not to finish Kujakumaru there and then?” Bakunetsumaru asked plaintively.
“That depends,” Haomaru said, “Why did you let him live?”
“I…I didn't feel proud of my victory,” Baku' said after a moment of thought. “I felt that I should let him live because I did seek to fight him that day. I had no feeling in that battle.”
“Why were you guys fighting?” Asked Genko, “You were great friends!”
 
ZakozakoFlashbackzakozako
 
A young Kujakumaru and Bakunetsumaru spared with each other using bamboo poles. Master Haomaru was very adamant at making sure they did not use sharp weapons until he felt they were ready. In fact, he kept every sword, spear, and any other weapon under lock and key, and hid the key in his underwear drawer, someplace no one dared to go.
Still, under the right(or wrong) circumstances, a staff could be just as dangerous as a blade. At one point, Bakunetsumaru lost his balance and was unable to defend himself for a single second. During this one second Kujakumaru delivered a sweeping blow, knocking Baku' off his feet. This, in turn, caused the young Musha Gundam to tumble into a stand of potted plants. This, naturally, had Bakunetsumaru painfully lying in a pile of dirt and broken ceramic.
Kujakumaru's eyes widened. “Bakunetsumaru!” he helped his friend up. “Are you all right?!”
Bakunetsumaru groaned, “We should've planted these things when Master told us to,”
 
ZakozakoEnd Flashbackzakozako
 
“That is a good question,” Haomaru commented, “why were you fighting?”
Bakunetsumaru unsheathed one of his swords and held it up, the light reflecting off its side. As he gazed at it, he said, “He tried to take this from me,” Baku' looked away from it to Haomaru, “The Sacred Sword you gave me.”
Haomaru held out his hand, and Bakunetsumaru pressed the sword's hilt into it. Holding it up, Haomaru studied the blade.
“It's been broken once,” He said, shortly, “But reforged with the original metal.”
“Ashuramaru broke it in our first duel,” Bakunetsumaru explained, “After the second duel, the Dai-Shogun of Perfect Virtue repaired it.”
`There is no Dai-Shogun in Ark,' Thought Haomaru, but he did not say that. Instead, he handed Bakunetsumaru the sword back. “Continue.” He said.
And so Bakunetsumaru told of Dai-Shogun's gift, the toothpick, and the role it played in the creation of the White BaguBagu. He continued onto his journey back to this dimension, and the detours in the Minov Sea and Lacroa before coming home to defeat Kibaomaru and aid in the destruction of General Zeong.
“And no sooner does the conflict end do you leave to find new troubles,” Haomaru muttered.
Bakunetsumaru straightened up immediately. “Master! It was not my intention to seek out new conflict! I only wanted to help other worlds that suffered at the hands of the Dark Axis!”
Baku' instantly realized he talked back to his Master and prepared for his punishment.
“Don't interrupt when someone is talking!” Haomaru snapped, throwing his tea cup at Baku. It bounced off his forehead. “But, I'm pleased you are taking the mature approach for once.” He finished, calm again. “So what brings you to my doorstep?”
“Master, in my journeys I have been encountering stronger and stronger foes,” Bakunetsumaru explained, “If I am to aid the Gundam Force, I too must grow stronger! Please, train me again!”
Haomaru said nothing for a moment, then said, “Bakunetsumaru. I let you leave this place because I have nothing left to teach you.” Haomaru turned away. “You are no longer my student.”
Dejected, and knowing full well not to argue, Bakunetsumaru slumped out. Pouting, Genko followed.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
`It was a good idea in retrospect,” Baku' thought sullenly. He was actually quite disappointed. After he left the training center had become a wandering ronin, a samurai without a master. Then the war and Dark Axis came, Baku' found a path to follow, a place to be. The idea of home life with a family did not occur to him until his appearance in Neotopia, where Shute's mother and father graciously allowed him a place in their house.
`I guess I'll pal around Genkimaru's group for a bit,' Bakunetsumaru was so into his thoughts that he didn't hear Genko coming- until it was too late.
“Ba-kun!”
Whump!
Bakunetsumaru tasted the ground as Genko tackled him from behind.
“Where do ya think you're going?” Genko asked, acting as if she hadn't attacked him as she usually did.
“I'm leaving,” answered Bakunetsumaru, shoving her off as he got up.
“Why?” Genko asked innocently.
“You heard him!” Baku' snapped, “He doesn't want me here!”
“That's not what I heard,” Genko replied earnestly.
“What? You heard him!” Bakunetsumaru didn't know what she was getting at.
Genko sighed. Ba-kun could be really thick sometimes. “Ba-kun, Master said you're not his student anymore.” She explained, “That means you can talk to him like an equal.” She cocked her head. “Get it?”
Bakunetsumaru stood there for a moment. Then, without a word, turned and marched into the house.
Genko looked at Entengo who had trotted up. “I think he got it.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Haomaru wasn't too surprised when he saw Bakunetsumaru at the doorway. In fact, he expected Baku' to return.
“Master!” Bakunetsumaru said at once, “Please, let me live here until Neotopia calls for me! I'm not asking you to train me…but please, let me stay!”
Haomaru took a long look into his old student's eyes before sighing. “All right, okay. You can stay.”
Eyes filled with happiness, Bakunetsumaru bowed, “Thank you, sir! I'll never forget your kindness-!” he was cut off by another tea cup flying against his noggin.
“Would you be quiet for once!?”
Outside, Genko gave Entengo a thumb's up. Things were going to be a bit more interesting…
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(A/N: Special thanks to Talec who gave me the name of Bakunetsumaru's teacher. The name came from the SD Gundam Force Gaiden manga sold in Japan)