SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Planet Of The BaguBagu ( Chapter 22 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shute here! Last time, The Gundam Force started its new mission with a bang- literally! While we entered the next dimension in our flagship, the Gundamusai, the Zako Soldiers were trying to take their confiscated weapons from where they were being held. But in doing so, they ended up damaging our engines! Now we're stuck in a totally different world with no way to travel!
 
Planet of the BaguBagu
 
A lone figure, riding a motocycle, drove across a partially petrified landscape. Suddenly, there was a flash, and a large, familiar-looking ship flew by, before landing abruptly further away.
Confused and intrigued, the motorcyclist decided to investigate.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
On the deck of the Gundamusai, Captain Gundam and Zero the Wing Knight surveyed the ruined landscape. Though not every organic thing had been petrified, whatever was left seemed to be dying, as if it lost its will to live.
“The petrification seems to lessen the further away from the city we are.” Captain noted, scanning the area.
“Maybe,” Zero said, gazing at the stony land with a heavy heart, “But that does not lessen the injustices done to this land.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
A short distance away, the cyclist's eyes widened when upon getting a good look at Captain and Zero.
`So, they're back,' the cyclist thought, bringing out what looked like a hi-tech gun with a crank on its side.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Inside the Gundamusai, Shute and Princess Rele were reporting to Chief Haro over dimensional communication.
“I see,” Chief Haro said, Entengo looking over his shoulder, “So the Zako Soldiers snuck aboard. What did they want?”
“Bakunetsumaru is talking to them right now,” explained Rele.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the Gundamusai's hold, things were a bit more active as Bakunetsumaru performed a heated interrogation.
“What did you think you were doing?!” The temperamental Musha Gundam yelled, glaring at the Zakos. They sweatdropped.
“We just wanted our weapons back, zako.” The one at the front of the group muttered, looking at the floor.
“And you think that excuses your actions!?” Bakunetsumaru now had a vein visible. “You board our ship without permission, try to steal items that no longer belong to you, and to top it all off, you sabotaged our engines!”
“That last one was an accident,” Another Zako pointed out.
“That doesn't matter! There is only one way for you to repent, Zakos!” Bakunetsumaru turned away and pointed. The zakos shook from fear. “Clean up this mess!”
Dutifully, the Zakos grabbed squeegees and got to work.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Outside, Captain turned to Zero.
“We should begin the de-petrification process,” He said, “Do you have the dispenser?”
“Uh,” Zero looked around, “No. I thought you did.”
“It must still be inside,” Captain theorized, “We should-”
That was as far as Captain got, as he was caught off by a loud BANG!
The two gundams jumped aside to avoid the bolt of plasma that flew by. They looked to see who or what had fired.
The antagonist was a slim figure wearing a black jumpsuit (like race car drivers wear), with white boots and gloves. They couldn't tell what gender the attacker was, as he or she was wearing a helmet with the visor down. In one hand the zip suit held a strange gun, and a wispy trail of smoke was wafting out of the barrel.
“I don't why you monsters came back,” the attacker said(once again, they couldn't figure out what gender, as the helmet disguised the voice), “But I won't let you have such an easy time!”
The figure pointed the gun and pulled the trigger.
BANG!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Shute looked at Rele. “Did you hear that?”
Before the princess could answer, Shute dashed to the elevator. She followed.
On the balcony, the two got a good look at the going-ons below.
“Who is that?!” Rele asked, wide-eyed.
“Beats me, but that guy's attacking Captain and Zero! We gotta do something!” Shute yelled, activating the boosters on his SDG backpack.
Down on the deck, Captain and Zero were having trouble fighting back. For one thing, their attacker was firing so much there was no time to counterattack. Second, they didn't really want to hurt their antagonizer.
“I won't let your Dark Axis have its way again!” the figure yelled.
“He thinks we're members of the Dark Axis?” Zero cried, jumping aside from a plasma bolt, “Why?!”
“I'd like to ask him that, but he doesn't appear to be interested in dialogue at the moment!” Captain answered, trying to aim his wrist gauntlet at the attacker's gun. `If I could just get a clear shot…'
Suddenly, all three of them heard a yell. Looking up, the saw Shute jumping down towards them, using his boosters to control his descent.
`What!' thought the attacker, `Where'd that kid come from?!'
Then, without warning the figure fell face-forward, revealing Bakunetsumaru with a hand on the hilt of a sword.
“He was so concerned with what was in front of him,” Baku' said, “That he left his back wide open.”
Rele came over worried. “Is everyone-?”
“We're fine,” Captain answered.
“And he should be too,” Baku' said, “I only struck with the back of my blade.”
Shute stared at the fallen figure. “I wonder who he is?”
“Let's get him inside,” Captain ordered.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, two men were inspecting the attacker's bike. One was tall and skinny while the other was short and chubby.
“Here's the bike,” Said the short man, “But where's-?”
“Hey!” the tall man pointed, “Look there!”
Shorty looked to where Tallman was pointing, and saw what he was seeing- The Gundam Force carrying their attacker into the Gundamusai.
“C'mon,” Said Tallman, indicating the white ship.
“I dunno,” Said Shorty, “They look like trouble to me.”
“'Trouble' is what we'll be in if we hafta tell Cueball we lost another weapon to that troublemaker,” Snarled Tallman, “C'mon!”
 
Zakozakozako
 
Inside the Gundamusai's bridge, the Zero and Bakunetsumaru laid out there attacker on the plateform under the dimensional com'.
Gingerly, Captain took off the attacker's helmet.
Rele gave a slight gasp.
“He's a girl!” Shute cried.
Actually, woman would have been a better term. Though she was, in some sense, attractive, her face seemed worn by what looked like years struggle. No wrinkles though. She had a odd birthmark under her left eye shaped like a droplet. Her hairstyle was quite different, as on one side had it straight down, while the other side was shaved into a buzz cut, giving the impression of a half of two styles put together.
She then opened her eyes, very slowly. Then she got a good look at all the faces staring at her.
Gasping, she leapt from the platform and backed up against a wall.
“Calm down,” Rele said, “We're not your enemies, we're here to help,”
“That's a laugh,” She said scornfully, “Since when did the Dark Axis care about the homes they destroyed!?”
“That is because we are not the Dark Axis,” Captain said evenly, “We are the Gundam Force.”
The woman stared. “…What?” She said at last.
“When the Dark Axis invaded our dimension, we were able to fight back and defend ourselves,” Explained Captain. Behind him, the screen showed the events he was describing. “Afterwards, we journeyed into the dimension they were based in and defeat them completely.” This last part was visually displayed by the scene of the Dark Axis base being vaporized.
The woman stared again. She looked all around at the bridge. “…Okay, let's say I believe you, you're not the Dark Axis.” She said at last, “What are you doing here?”
Poof!
The woman was taken aback when Zero kneeled before her, a Princess Rose summoned to his hand.
“Milady, I understand you distrust, but I assure you, we are not villains of any sort,” he said, in that flowery tone he used on the ladies, “We of the Gundam Force are on a mission of mercy, restoring worlds ruined by the Dark Axis war machine.”
The woman didn't say anything, she merely looked a little dumbstruck.
Shute decided to take the initiative and introduced himself. “My name's Shute!” He said, holding out his hand, “What's yours?”
“…Kylie Conner,” She said after a moment, shaking Shute's hand.
“Captain Gundam,” Captain introduced himself, saluting.
“I am Zero, the Winged Knight,” proclaimed the Knight Gundam, making his rose vanish with a snap.
“My name is Bakunetsumaru!” The samurai declared.
“I am the princess of Lacroa, Relehimana Miya De Lacroa,” Said Rele grandly.
“Nice to meet you,” Kylie replied. “You said something about restoring?”
Shute grinned. “C'mon and watch.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Outside, the Gundam Force got down from the deck and onto the terra firma. In his hands, Shute held the White BaguBagu dispenser.
“Okay, here we go!” Shute yelled, and squeezed the trigger.
From the dispenser's funnel out came White BaguBagu. Unlike the regular BaguBagu, whose swarms resembled dark, dirty smog, the White BaguBagu looked like bright, clean sparkles. One by one, each injected the reversal to the petrification in each stone plant and animal. The air became cleaner, and the ground became softer.
Kylie stood flabbergasted at the sudden change of the atmosphere. Not too far away, Shorty and Tallman were just as amazed when the tree they were hiding behind went from stone to wood.
“This is unbelievable!” cried Shorty.
“Yeah,” said Tallman, “We gotta tell Cueball!”
The two ran off.
Back with the group, Captain decided to ask Kylie something.
“Ms. Conner,” he began.
“Kylie,” interjected Kylie.
“Kylie,” he said again, “I've noticed that the petrification is worse the closer to the city. Why is that?”
Kylie sighed, and instantly the Gundam Force knew she was about to bring up painful memories. Sure enough…
“Let me tell you about what's with this planet…”
 
ZakozakoFlashbackzakozako
 
“The Dark Axis began their attack by opening a portal to their world in the middle of one of our major cities. The city you guys appeared in, in fact.
They were relentless. Their weapons were too advanced, and their BaguBagu turned so many people to stone that the millions of people were cut down to a few hundred. They mostly concentrated their attacks on the cities, going after areas that had the most advanced tech'.
We tried to fight back, and by the time they left, we thought we won. But the reality was worse. They left because they decided our world wasn't worth attacking! They already took a good portion of our minerals, and probably got fed up with the fighting. And since all the cities were no longer good to live in, all the survivors retreated to the untouched areas. But with leftover BaguBagu turning what's left into stone, I don't know how long we can live like this…”
 
ZakozakoEnd flashbackzakozako
 
Kylie sighed. “Then there's these gangsters fighting trying to take over everything that's left over.” She rubbed her head. “It's a nightmare…”
Kylie's story had everyone looking sad. Baku' and Rele were close to tears.
“But…” Everyone turned to Shute. “That's changning, right? Once we unpetrify everything, your world will get better!”
Kylie stared at Shute for a moment before smiling. “You're a good kid, you know that?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, Shorty and Tallman were talking to someone who was definitely not good. They were at what looked like a motorcycle and sidecar with one crucial difference. On the back was a large mechanism that looked like a large magnet. Tallman was busy working a CB radio while Shorty watched.
“H-hello, boss?” Tallman said into the radio, “This is Shorty and Tallman, uh, `member us?” (Yes, folks, that is their names!)
“Yes, I remember you,” Came a distorted voice out of the radio, “I hope you're calling because you've retrieved the prototype gun and taken care of that Conner girl.”
“Uh, no.”
“NO?!”
“We found an unpetrifyer!” Yelled Shorty anxiously, cutting their leader off before a rant could ensue.
“What?”
Grateful that the boss had calmed down(for now), Shorty and Tallman explained what they saw.
“Fantastic! Bring that gun to the base at once!”
“But we don't got it,” interjected Shorty, receiving a good bonk on the head from Tallman.
“Then get it!” the boss's voice snapped, “Cueball out.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back at the Gundamusai, plans were being made.
“It will be some time before RAIMI has fixed the engines,” Captain said, getting into his role as leader, “But until they are fixed, we should chart out are flight plan.” He turned to Kylie, “Kylie, will you help?”
Kylie, who'd been inexplicably excepted as a member of the team, nodded. “Sure, what do you need?”
“The locations of the cities you mentioned,” Captain said, “It would be more time efficient to disperse White BaguBagu where the petrification is most severe.”
That was all said, as the going-ons were interrupted by a loud `POW'! A can landed in the middle of the group and began to pour out smoke. There was roar of engines and the sound of wheels grinding. Amidst the yelling and noise, Shute heard a weird noise like an electric pulse. He then felt the White BaguBagu dispenser being pulled out of his hands!
“What the-?!” Shute cried as he felt himselft being pulled up with it! He then felt pinned against something metal with the dispenser and a large weight pressed against him. Then he felt whatever stuck against move along the sound of the engines and wheels. As he moved out of the smoke, he saw that he was stuck against some machine on a motorcycle, with Captain pinned against him, the dispenser sandwiched between the two of them!
“What's going on?!” Shute yelled.
“We're being abducted!” Captain yelled back, his voice sounding somewhat distorted.
In the driver's seat and sidecar, Shorty and Tallman hi-fived.