SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Rescue Mission! Save the Saviors! ( Chapter 24 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shute here! Last time, we were introduced to our new friend Kylie Conner, as well as the situation surrounding the petrified planet. But before we could act on our plans of helping this ruined world, we were ambushed by a pair of biker outlaws…and Captain and I were kidnapped!
 
Rescue Mission! Save the Saviors!
 
While Shute and Captain were being carted off in a less than comfortable fashion, the rest of the group was still stuck in the black smog.
“I can't breath!” coughed Princess Rele.
“Leave it to me!” Zero yelled, “O Mana, come to me!”
Zero summoned a gust of wind that blew away the smoke, much to their relief. Their joy was short-lived, however, when they realized they were short two people.
“Where's Shute and Captain?” Bakunetsumaru asked, looking around. Everyone looked around.
“Their gone!” Rele shrieked.
“But how!?” Zero asked, eyes shifting, as if he expected the two missing ones to pop out of the bushes.
“It must've been those guys…” Kylie muttered, before swearing under her breath.
“Lady Kylie, do you know something?” Asked Zero.
“I think so,” muttered Kylie, “Here, let me explain something. After the Dark Axis ran amok, most power supplies were ruined beyond measure, useless. Luckily, a new form of energy was discovered; pedal power. Basically having someone run on a tread mile to build up energy. Now, until a little while ago, this form of energy creation could only be used in the huge power plant, connected to huge generator to hold all the electricity. But, recently, someone figured out how to make it portable.” She held up her crank-gun. “This little number for example. You just turn the crank until you fill up the energy meter. I stole this number from one of those gangster lords I mentioned earlier; Cueball, a nutjob who wants rule all the natural areas. Cueball sent some goons after me, and I was planning to lose them in the city.”
“What changed your plan?” Bakunetsumaru asked.
“I saw you guys,” Kylie said simply.
There was a silence, which was broken by Rele. “So, if I am to understand, did the ones tracking you attempted to steal back your gun and captured Shute and Captain by mistake?” She asked.
“Mmrmm,” Kylie groaned, “I don't think so, those guys meant to capture Shute and Captain. But why…”
“Well, we can't just stand here talking about it!” Bakunetsumaru yelled, “Our friends are in danger, and we should go to their aid!” Hyah!” With that, he charged off, only to run straight into a Mana circle Zero summoned in front of him.
“Hold it,” The Knight said sternly, “I want to save Shute and Captain as much as you, but we don't know where they are.”
“I do,” cut in Kylie, “If the guys that took off with your boys were working for Cueball, that means they're being taken to the Mons Montis Mountains.”
“That name sounds redundant,” commented Rele, but it didn't matter. Now knowing where to go, it was just a matter of getting there!
Sort of.
“I am sorry,” RAIMI said when the group arrived in the bridge, “But the Gundamusai is still undergoing self-repair.”
The gundams and girls groaned.
“How soon will it be done?” asked Zero.
“Unable to form a definite answer at this time,” RAIMI replied.
They groaned again.
“It appears we have two choices,” Zero said, “Either we wait for the repairs to be finished, or we go on foot.”
“I cannot just helplessly stand by while my friends are in danger!” Baku declared, “I'm going there myself.”
“I'm with red,” Kylie said, “I don't know why Cueball wants with `em, but it can't be good.”
“Then it's agreed,” Rele said, “We must travel to the…Mons Montis Moutains ourselves.”
“Wait, Princess Rele,” Zero said, holding up his hands. He then kneeled, “I would advise you to wait here while the rescue is going on. We are heading into unknown territory, and I may not be able to protect you fully.”
Rele frowned. “I am fully capable of protecting myself, Zero.” She said haughtily.
“Actually, blue's got a point,” Kylie pointed, “It'd be a lot easier if we didn't have one more person to worry about.”
Rele was about to say something less than polite when RAIMI cut in. “It would be more advisable to have someone here to monitor the Gundamusai, as it is still vulnerable in this state.” The AI said, “And to monitor the Zako Soldiers in the hold.”
“Zako Soldiers?!” Kylie cried, whirling.
“We'll tell you about it later,” Baku said, sweatdropping.
“I can't just wait here twiddling my thumbs,” Rele said strongly. `Not while Shute is in danger…'
“You won't have to,” RAIMI said, “Once repairs are complete, the Gundamusai will be able to fly directly to the area, homing in on Captain's locator beacon.”
“It's agreed then,” Bakunetsumaru said, “We will scout out the area, and you will come in to help later!”
Rele sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing anymore. “Please, find them quickly…”
POOF!
Zero summoned a rose and held it out to her majesty, “Fear not, your highness, just knowing your thinking of me will provide the strength needed to succeeded in this endeavor.”
Kylie shook her head. `She's not thinking of him.'
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, Shute and Captain were being taken for a ride. Unable to move do to being pinned against a magnet by Captain, who was unable to use his armaments due to the electromagnet itself, Shute was in a considerable amount of pain for the whole trip. After being forcibly pulled away from the Gundamusai, the magna-rider took it around a swamp area(but not through, as that would be stupid). From there, they crossed a desert that connected to a mountainous region. In the mountains themselves, they met up with some sort of honor guard made up of biker-like characters. Shute had been removed from the magnet and Captain, and had the White BaguBagu dispenser taken from him. From there they were taken into some sort of a factory inside the mountains, where Shute was tossed in a dark cell.
Shute wasn't sure what to do. Ever since they entered the mountain factory, he and Captain had been separated. He couldn't get out of his cell because he was sure it was being guarded. And if he did get out, he wouldn't know where Captain was. And he couldn't call him on his cell phone because he left that at the Gundamusai.
He was brought out of his thoughts when he cell door opened.
“Boss Cueball wants to see you, runt,” the man(who looked more like a gorilla in a leather jacket than a man) said.
The guard led Shute down a series of corridors(they weren't winding, the layout was pretty straightforward. Eventually, they came to a door with a big white circle on the front.
“In ya go,” grunted the tough, opening the door and shoving Shute in.
Inside, Shute found himself in a spacious and well decorated room. The main theme of all the decorating seemed to be plants, as most shelves were filled either potted flowers or chia pets.
At the end of the room was a desk. On the desk sat a little sign that said, in big bold letters, THE BOSS. Shute assumed this was Cueball, but the figure sitting behind it was nothing like he imagined.
For one thing, `The Boss' was a woman. She wore a jumpsuit similar to Kylie's, but that was where the similarities ended as this one had its sleeves torn off. While Kylie's was loose, making the exact body-shape difficult to discern, the boss's was tight-fitting, making it VERY easy to see how she was shaped. Also, her figure was, um, very much like Margaret Gathermoon's to say the least. Her face, which was attractive too, was pointed and angular, unlike Mayor Gathermoon's rounder face. Her eyes were slanted like a cat's, filled with suspicion that made Shute instantly disbelieve her, despite not hearing what she said. And to finish it off, her hair was red and long, so long it went down to her waist.
“Why, hello there!” the woman said, sitting up and walking around to Shute. “So sorry if my boys were a little rough with you!”
“Ah…are you Cueball?” Shute asked, trying to keep his distance. There was something about this woman he didn't like…
“Andrea Cueball, mistress of all you see.” The woman said proudly, bowing theatrically.
Shute couldn't help but stare. “Uh, okay.” This encounter with `the boss' was drastically different from his encounter with Commodore Z'Gok.
Grinning, Cueball began to walk for the door, and motioned Shute to follow. He did so. As they walked, Cueball launched into a monologue.
“The Mons Montis Mountains are like a kingdom to me, and I rule like a queen. So it's natural for any ruler to want to increase the borders of her territory. Isn't it?” She gave Shute a smile, but it gave the Neotopian had the uneasy feeling he'd better agree, or else.
“R-right.” The boy said, nodding quickly. He didn't know where this was going, but he better stay on her good side until he did.
“The reason I called you here was so I could thank you for giving me the means to conquer the other natural spots.” Cueball continued.
“Huh!?” Shute gave her a quick look. What was she going on about?!
They entered a room, and Cueball gestured.
The room itself was a viewing area, looking out into a much bigger area. What was in that bigger room had Shute's eyes widening.
Blimps. Lots and lots of blimps filled the room, each one being loaded with equipment by a random tough.
“This fleet of zeppelins are just a part of my soon-to-be actualized campaign,” Explained Cueball, her eyes gleaming. “But their just a smaller part.”
Shute looked at her. “What part?”
The woman grinned evilly and motioned to follow. They went to another room.
“This is little beauty was left behind by the Dark Axis during their attacks on our humble little world,” explained Cueball, while Shute stared in a mix of fascination and horror.
It was a robot. But, it was so big! It must have been as big as Daishinsho, and maybe a bit wider. It was clearly Dark Axis, as evidenced by its mono-eye. It's body shape reminded Shute somewhat of a control horn. On both sides of its chest where two ports which Shute was sure were for launching missiles. It had thick arms, and instead of hands it had three-pronged claws similar to Kijumaru's.
“My boys are modifying it for me,” Cueball grinned, enjoying the look on Shute's face, “Once it's fixed up to my standards, no one will be able to stand up to me.” She then motioned to follow. “But the key part of my plans is this way.”
In the next room there was a large aquarium, but instead of water and fish, the tank was filled with something else; BaguBagu, buzzing around and tapping the glass, trying to break free.
“Aah!” Shute cried, jumping back.
“Don't worry, they won't hurt you,” Cueball assured, “Or rather they can't. The glass is three inches thick, those little bugs won't be coming out anytime soon.”
Shute, calming down, looked at her. “But why? Why do you have BaguBagu?”
Cueball smirked. “Oh, isn't it obvious?” she asked dramatically, “The strategic power of these electric fruit flies is too good to pass up! Why go you guns a-blazing when you just turn anyone to stone?”
Shute was horrified. “That's horrible!” He yelped, “That's the most awful, evil, thing I've ever heard a human say!”
“I know what you're thinking,” Continued Cueball, not really hearing a word Shute said, “What happens if I turn something I don't want into stone? Well, that little problem has been solved, and it's all thanks to you!”
“What do you mean?” Shute asked suspiciously.
Cueball pointed to a nearby table, where the White BaguBagu dispenser rested.
“That's going to by the key to my plans,” she explained, her eyes glinting. “I can use the regular BaguBagu to my enemies to stone, and use the white stuff to restore everything else! I'll be like an empress- no! A goddess!”
Shute looked at Cueball like she was crazy. “You're insane!” he shouted.
“I'm not insane,” She said snobbishly, “I'm just a girl who knows what she wants.”
Shute looked at the BaguBagu and back to her. “Why tell me all this, then?” He asked.
“I just thought I'd tell you what your tools are being used for,” She said nastily, “how sweet it must be knowing that you've provided me with the thing to give me ultimate control of the world! Guards!”
Two large men in leather jackets came in.
“Take this little pipsqueak to the good prison cell!” She ordered, pointing at Shute.
The two large men exchanged looks.
“There's a good prison cell?” One asked, confused.
“Cueball sighed. “The one with the working lightbulb,” she clarified.
Now in full comprehension, the two goons, grabbed Shute by each arm and dragged him out the door. Before he was gone, the boy yelled, “You won't get away with this!”
Cueball chuckled, examining her nails. “Yeah right. Who's going to stop me?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Speaking of which, Zero, Bakunetsumaru and Kylie had arrived at the edge of a swamp. The first landmark on their rescue mission.
“Going through this swamp will get us to Cueball's faster,” explained Kylie, “Let's go.”