SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ The Redundant Mountain ( Chapter 28 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shute here! Last time, we(Me and Captain) were kidnapped by a bunch of outlaws led by Cueball, a crazy woman who's got it into her head that she's going to rule the world! I hope the others are doing okay… No time to waste, we gotta get outta here and stop her!
 
The Redundant Mountain
 
In the bridge of the Gundamusai, RAIMI had good news.
“All repairs have been completed,” Announced the ship's AI.
“That's wonderful!” Rele cried, clapping her hands together, “So now all we have to do is go rescue Shute and Captain!” She suddenly looked unsure. “But how will we know where to go…?”
“All SDG mobile defenders have a locator beacon built into them,” RAIMI explained, “It is all a matter of following the beacon's signal. I am positive that wherever Captain is, Shute is with him.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Shute really wished Captain was with him. Being a prisoner of a madwoman would've been a little more bearable if one had your best friend around. Unfortunately, he was isolated and alone, trapped in a dark, dank cell. But if Shute's plan worked, that would soon change…
“Uggh…Ooh!” Shute pretended to moan loud enough to be heard by the guard(He knew there was a guard as one asked for a six letter word for unintelligent), so that he would come inside to investigate, giving Shute a window of opportunity to escape.
Unfortunately, that window wouldn't open.
“Forget it, kid,” the guard yelled from outside, “That old `fake-sick' routine never works!”
`Rats,' Shute thought. So the big ape was smarter than he seemed. `Now what do I do?'
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Well, Canus,” Cueball said, looking up at the monstrous machine that was Dark Axis, “How's our little project doing?”
Canus, a short, bald man in a tattered white coat looked up from his notes to his buxom boss. “Well, ma'am, all necessary repairs and improvements have been finished, as of…” He checked his watch, “two minutes ago. All that's needed is to charge up the unit until its energy cells have been replenished.”
“Excellent!” Cueball clasped her hands together in an eager way, “With Zock and the BaguBagu under my control, no one will be able to stop me!”
“That reminds me,” Canus looked up at her uneasily. “What are we going to do with that boy we caught with the White BaguBagu, anyway?”
“Oh, I don't know,” Cueball replied, waving a dismissive hand, “I'll find some use for him, I'm sure.” At that she began to smile nastily. Canus sweatdropped.
`A world run by crimelords,' He thought, `and I end up working for the one with a Lolita complex!'
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, Kylie, Zero and Bakunetsumaru had arrived at the entrance to Cueball's hideout in the Mons Montis Mountains. The real trick was getting in, which proved to be more cumbersome than one would think.
“I say we rush the place,” Bakunetsumaru suggested, glaring at the stronghold holding his friends and comrades prisoner.
Kylie shook her head and said, “No offense, but let's try to think of something that won't put the entire mountain on guard for us, okay?”
Zero stared down the road leading from the mountain, and sighed. “If only I mastered the illusionary magics, I could make the watchmen think we're just another supply truck.”
Kylie's eyes lit up. “That's it!”
“What's it?” Bakunetsumaru asked, and got pulled into a huddle with Zero by Kylie.
“Okay, here's the plan…” She began to whisper.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
A truck containing supplies drove by, than stopped when a loud bang sounded off.
“What was that?” the driver asked, “Go outside and checked.”
The driver's partner got as he was told to do, and began to check around. He didn't see anything wrong at first.
Then he saw the wheels.
“Nothin' t'worry about,” he called back, “Just flat tire, that's all.”
After the partner changed the tire, the driver called out to him before he got back in.
“Hold on, check the back,” the driver said, “I don't wanna pick up any hitchhikers.”
The sidekick checked the back where they kept the supplies, but didn't find anyone. Satisfied, they drove their truck into the entrance to Cueball's hideout.
Neither of them bothered to check the underside.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, Shute was running out of ideas. Every attempt he made to break out wouldn't work. At this point he was now trying to be polite and ask nicely to by let out.
“C'mon, please!” Shute begged, “At least give a room with a window!”
“Kid,” the guard replied somewhat annoyed, “You've been at it for an hour, now, and this begging routine is the dumbest yet. So pipe down!”
Shute frowned and glared out the little window on the door. “A dumb ape like you probably can't work the knob,” He muttered scornfully.
“What was that!?” the guard boomed angrily, “You did not just call me that!”
Shute raised an eyebrow. He must've struck a nerve.
“Come out here and say that to my face!” Challenged the guard, less rationally than he should have. If Shute played his cards right, he might have a way out.
“I'd love to,” Shute shot back, “But I'm allergic to your banana breath, it seems worse than the way your fur stinks!”
It worked faster than he thought, because the door slammed open, hitting the wall with a loud `Bang!' and light flooded into the- all except for the light blocked by the guard's form. He stepped in ominously, growling. “Okay, kid,” he snarled, “Now yer in for it!”
Shute was never so thankful for his small form before this moment, as he dived between the ape-man's legs, which were thankfully spread apart. After making outside, Shute reached back in a closed the door on the ape-man before he could react. Shute snapped the lock shut afterward.
“Hey! You little weasel!” the guard roared, but Shute ignored him as he ran down the hall.
`That was easy,' Shute thought, running as fast as he could, `Now to find Captain!'
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, the truck containing the supplies from earlier had parked in the parking level and the two guys driving it had gone off on a break(AKA; they were goofing off). There was no one else around…
Kylie peeked her head out from under the truck where she was clinging to. “Okay, let's go!”
After the two gundams had removed themselves from the truck's underside where they too had been similarly hiding, they quickly conferred on their next move.
“What to do next is obvious,” Zero said,” We need to locate where these scoundrels are holding are friends!”
“Do you know where to go, Kylie?” Bakunetsumaru asked.
“Don't look at me,” Kylie said, shaking her head, “This is my first time here.”
“Well, it's not like someone's going to give us directions!” Baku' grimaced, “What do we do?”
“Hmm?” Zero's eyes wandered from the conversation to some sort of poster on the wall.
“What is it, Zero?” Baku asked, a little annoyed that the knight wasn't paying attention.
“I've seen this before,” Zero said, staring at it, “In Neotopia.”
“What?” Kylie looked as well. “Huh, it's like those maps they have in the mall, weird.”
Well, overly convenient or not, with the map they were able to deduce not only the most likely place Cueball's gang was holding Shute and Captain, but the closest exit from there as well.
“Let's hope it is as easy as it appears,” Zero commented as they ran down a hall, “And that nothing else happens.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“So many things happening,” Cueball whistled, staring at the ceiling in her office. She had just gotten word that Shute had just escaped from his cell, at the expense of the guard. And now, according to security, Kylie Conner had somehow snuck into her fortress with two robots of similar design to the one brought with Shute. She couldn't let this go on, but what could she do? She had already alerted all available forces, but it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Or was it ants in your pants…?
A buzzing noise brought Cueball out of her musings.
“What is it?” She asked tiredly, pushing the reply button on her intercom.
“Madame Cueball, I…I have some good news…” Canus' voice answered. Cueball raised her eyebrow.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
`What is going on?' Captain thought. Judging from the faint yells he heard, something was going on. Whether someone broke in or someone broke out, Captain couldn't tell. However, he felt numerous twinges in his Soul Drive. Thanks to the Soul Drive's connection to Shute's emotions, he knew that something was happening concerning his friend.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“I think he went down this way!”
A group of thugs ran down a hall, right past a trashcan and a recycling bin. A minute after they were out of sight, Shute peeked his head out of the bin, with a banana peel on his little tuft of hair.
“That was close,” Shute sighed. He took the peel and glared at it. “Man, this bin is for metals and plastics, not this stuff!”
After depositing the offensive foodstuff in the correct bin, Shute continued on his search for Captain. He had a rough idea where Captain was, thanks to listening to bits and pieces of conversation from passing thugs. For one thing, Captain was still stuck to that huge magnet used in their kidnapping, so Shute knew that Captain was still in that garage he last saw him in. Or hoped, anyway.
The tricky part, was getting there. Shute didn't remember how to get to that place, especially after zipping around trying not to get caught.
“I'll just have to trust my instincts and do my best, that's all there is to it!” Shute decided, putting his fist into his palm in that `oh yeah' fashion.
He then heard footsteps, and dived back into the bin.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, the rescue party was having difficulty finding Shute, due to the boy's previous jailbreak. Though they had a merry laugh at the hapless ape-like man's expense, they were no closer to finding Shute than they were before.
“Wait, I have it!” Zero cried, pointing into the air.
“It's not contagious, is it?” Bakunetsumaru asked.
“No!” Zero said hotly, “I mean I know where to go!” The other two crowded around him. He continued. “Shute isn't going to escape alone, he'll want to save Captain first! That's where we'll find him.”
“And kill two birds with one stone,” Kylie finished, nodding. “So where do ya think they're holding Captain?”
There was silence.
“Good question”
There was sweatdropping.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
The darkness of the room where Captain was being held was broken by a door opening, filling the chamber with light.
“Captain?”
Captain felt his Soul Drive flare. “Shute?!”
“Captain!” Shute ran over from the door to where the gundam was being suspended. “Are you okay?”
“I'm undamaged as far as I know, but this magnet renders myself incapable of accessing use of my body.” Captain answered, glad to see the human boy. In fact, it was a miracle that he was able to say that.
Shute looked the huge magnet over before glancing at the sidecar. “Don't worry, I'll get you down!” he said as he dived at the sidecar and began to mess around with the controls. As Captain watched Shute, neither of them noticed two other men enter the room…until one of them said…
“Hey! There he is!”
Both of them looked up to see Tallman and Shorty at the door.
Shute gulped. “Uh oh!”
“Get him!” Yelled Tallman, pointing. Shorty obliged, charging at the boy. Shute quickly sidestepped away from the sidecar, causing the charging Shorty to collide into it with a thud, hitting his head. Shute paused for a moment to laugh, but then had to move to avoid being caught by Tallman. What followed was a merry chase around the magna-car, Shute being chased by Tallman and Shorty as they ran in circles around the vehicle. At one point, Shute leapt out of the circle they were running in and watched as the two idiots ended chasing themselves. This didn't last long, as the two quickly realized what they were doing and lunged at Shute. This time they got him.
“Lemme go!” Shute yelled as he struggled in their grip. They paid him no heed.
“C'mon, let's get him to Cueball,” Tallman said to Shorty as they began to drag Shute away.
“Shute!” Captain cried, straining. The sight of watching his friend be taken away caused his Soul Drive to stir. Suddenly, in a burst of power, Captain ripped himself away from the magnet and charged at the humans.
“What-” was all Tallman managed to say before Captain knocked him out with an uppercut. Shorty soon followed afterward.
“Captain, you're free!” Shute said, glad for his friend, “But how'd you do that?”
“I'm not sure,” Captain replied, staring at his fists.
Shute noticed this. “What's wrong?”
“I…I struck humans,” Captain explained slowly, “But it goes against my programming to do so, so why did I?”
Shute didn't know what to say at first, then said, “I don't know…but we can't worry about that!” Captain looked at him. “We got another problem!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Ah, this is perfect!” Cueball sighed, as she sat in a well upholstered chair, surrounded by odd-looking controls, “Once the power up sequence is finished, I can get started!”
She began to laugh evilly, though her laugh sounded more annoying than villainous.
“Ohh ho ho ho ho!”
See what I mean?
Thankfully, her nerve-raking laugh was cut off by a beeping noise.
“What is it?” sighed Cueball, answering the phone.
“Madame, there's some kind of warship entering our vincinity! What do we do!?” a panicked voice answered.
“Oh, don't worry about it,” Cueball replied uncaringly, “Just launch some of blimps and shoot it down.”
“B-b-but, it looks like something the Dark Axis made!”
“Oh,” Cueball smirked nastily, “You still don't have to worry about it. Just keep it busy until I get there.”
“You?!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Bakunetsumaru held up his hand.
“What is it?” Zero asked.
“I sense someone coming around the corner,” The Musha Gundam answered unsheathing his sword, “Be ready.”
Meanwhile, at the same time on the opposing end of the hall, Captain held Shute back.
“My sensors indicate someone is coming.” Captain explained, connecting his V Rod. “Get ready.”
Slowly, but surely, the two parties came closer to each other, neither knowing who was coming, until…
CLANG!
“Captain?” Bakunetsumaru asked.
“Bakunetsumaru?” asked Captain.
After the two put their respective weapons back into their holders, the two groups reunited.
“What are you doing here?” Shute asked.
“We came for you,” Kylie replied, “This is a rescue mission! Now let's get out of here before something happens!”
“We can't!” Shute said, “We have to get the White BaguBagu and stop Cueball's robot!”
“Robot? What robot?” Asked Baku', confused.
And so, Shute explained the situation. When he was finished…
“What?!” Baku' cried, his eyes opened wide, “Cueball has a Dark Axis Daishinsho she's going to use to conquer the world!?”
“And she's going to use the White BaguBagu as well,” finished Shute. “So let's go!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
And so, the team began their search for the room containing the DA robot Cueball was going to use and the White BaguBagu. Surprisingly, they encountered little amount of security, considering that Shute had orchestrated a jailbreak and that Zero, Baku, and Kylie were intruders.
This was because almost all personal were occupied engaging the Gundamusai in sky-combat, by use of the fleet of blimps Cueball showed Shute. It was pretty pointless though, as the Gundamusai's cannons easily shoot the oversized balloons out of the air, but they kept at it nonetheless.
Meanwhile, Shute opened a door and peeked inside. “In here!”
Inside, the rescue party and Captain were given their first glimpse at the monstrous robot.
“That's…big,” Kylie said simply, gaping.
Captain's green scope slid down over his eye. “It does appear to be of the same magnitude of size Daishinsho was,” He said, staring intently, “And it is of Dark Axis design,”
“I can only imagine the horrors that would follow if this colossus was awakened,” Zero commented, staring. He glanced at Bakunetsumaru, whose eyes had a far away look to them. “Can you?”
The samurai thought back to the Ark civil war, and the violence caused by the battles with Kibaomaru's army and the Dark Axis' forces. “Vividly,” he said shortly.
Captain's scanner slid back up. “Shute is correct, we cannot allow this machine to function.” He pointed. “We have to destroy it completely!”
“Can you do that, I wonder?” A boisterous voice asked over the PA.
“Who is that?” Bakunetsumaru asked, going for his swords.
Both Shute and Kylie knew. “Cueball!” the boy cried.
“Why, Shute, what a pleasure to see you!” Cueball's cried, her voice full of sadistic shock, “I thought you were going to leave without saying goodbye to me! How sweet!”
Shute gritted his teeth. Taking a step forward and looking all over the place, trying to figure out where to direct his voice, he yelled, “Cueball! Whatever you're going to do with this robot isn't going to work, `cause we're destroying it here and now!”
“Aww, is that so? Can't ya let me give a test drive, just once?” Cueball asked mockingly, “Like right now!”
Suddenly, the room began to shake. Rocks began to fall from the ceiling. The robot began to vibrate. And its eye glowed blood red.
“Zangyaku…” A deep voice rumbled somewhere within the machine.
“The room is collapsing!” Captain cried, “Retreat!”
“ZOCK!”