SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ The Cruel Zock ( Chapter 30 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shute here! Last time, I managed to break out of my cell and free Captain just as Kylie and the other Gundams were able to sneak in. Bu Madame Cueball activated her giant robot, Zangyaku Zock! Now it's up to us to stop her, or the world is doomed!
 
The Cruel Zock
 
Rocks fell from the ceiling as the room shook. As there was no exit prepared for Zangyaku Zock, Cueball was determined to make one.
“This is room is going to cave in on itself!” Kylie screamed.
“Everyone out!” Captain ordered, and everyone ran for the door. But the rest the mountain seemed no safer than Zock's room. It seemed as if the monstrous robot was going to destroy the mountain just by leaving it.
“We have to get out of here!” Bakunetsumaru hollered.
“Wait!” Shute ran for a nearby door.
“Shute, what are you doing?!” Captain cried.
“We can't leave without the White BaguBagu!” Shute yelled back. Looking quickly, he found the dispenser on the table were it left, grabbed it, and darted out of the room.
So fast was he going that he did not see the hairline crack in the BaguBagu tank.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Outside in the Mons Montis Mountain airspace, the sky-combat had stopped as all aboard the blimps and the Gundamusai found their focus on the Mountain itself. At the same time, the Zako Soldiers had arrived on the deck to see what was going now that the explosions had ceased. Everyone was wondering why the summit of the Mountain was shaking and cracking.
Then it happened. Like an evil demon forcing its way out of an imprisonment, the gargantuan Zangyaku Zock exploded from within the Mountain like lava during a volcanic eruption.
“Lord Zock!” Shrieked a Zako Soldier as the others cheered, “You're alive!”
On a cliffside, Shute, Kylie and the Gundams(except Captain) gasped for breath, having just narrowly escaped the Mountain.
“I can't believe we got of there without a scratch,” panted Shute, sitting on the ground, “How'd we get out so fast, anyway?”
“Dunno,” Gasped Kylie, “Just kept running.”
Bakunetsumaru looked up and gave a start. “Look at that thing!” He cried.
Everyone did so and got a good look at the Zock. The first good look as most of it had been hidden by its entrapment in the Mountain.
“Man…” Shute breathed, staring, “Now that I've seen it for the first time. That robot looks…really lame.”
Shute had a point. Although the body of Zangyaku Zock looked very intimidating, it had no legs to speak of. Instead, it had stubby, almost stump-like rocket boosters keeping it in the air. It looked like that if it was on the ground, it would've waddled than walked.
However, no one could comment on its appearance when the tip on its head began to light up, just before it shot out some sort of photon maser beam…straight up.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Inside the snug cockpit, Cueball slapped herself on the forehead. “Whoopsy! Wrong button! How do you shoot forward?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Why did it do that?” Princess Rele asked, confused. She had been worried- no, terrified, when the giant robot burst from the Mountain, but her fear had subsided somewhat when the machine sent that beam up skyward.
“Lord Zock has lousy aim as always!” a little voice beside her squealed. Rele looked down and saw a Zako Soldier standing next to her.
“Lord Zock?” Rele asked, uncomprehendingly.
“We left him here when invaded this dimension, zako,” explained the Zako, “But now that he's alright, we can bring him back with us! Zakooo!”
Before Rele could respond to that(and say that on no certain terms were they bringing a gigantic robot on a ship half its size) the Gundamusai rocked as a beam came right out of the upper left port and hit the ship's side.
On the deck, the Zakos gave a scream and ran for the hold. “Lord Zock's upset! To the emergency shelter!” One of them hollered.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Cueball venomous smiled turned downright nasty with triumph. “So that's what that button does,” She said victoriously, “Now how do you move the arms…?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
On the cliff, the gang watched in horror as Zock raised one of it's huge arms and swung at the Gundamusai…only to miss and knock a blimp out of the sky, causing it to crash onto the ground in a fiery heap. “Oh, the humanity!” Someone screamed in the distance.
“That thing's menace!” Bakunetsumaru yelled.
“Yeah, to everything around it!” Kylie replied, “We gotta stop that thing.”
“First we need to assure the Princess' safety!” Zero yelled, flying off towards the Gundamusai.
“Wait, Zero!” Shute called, but Zero was out of hearing range. “Now what?”
“I'll call RAIMI and have some transport sent to us,” Captain answered, as his V fin beginning to flash.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Princess Rele,” RAIMI said, “I am receiving a transmission from Captain Gundam.”
Rele got up from where she fell when Zock's beam hit. “You did? Where is he? Are the others with him?”
“Yes I did, and they are.” RAIMI answered, “They wish to be retrieved from their current location, but the situation at hand will limit the Gundamusai's flight path.”
Rele's face fell. “So we can't get them?”
“Not ourselves. But I will be able to launch another in our place.” RAIMI explained.
On that note, the front of the Gundamusai opened up, and the Re-Equip Ring flew out.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Inside her snug cockpit, Cueball raised an eyebrow at the queer ring that flew out of the battle crusier she was fighting.
“Queer,” She commented, before punching a few commands into the controls.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Kylie stared at the Ring flying directly their way. “What is that thing?” She asked, staring dumbstruck at the green ball with a hat and jet engines.
“Just get ready to jump!” Shute yelled, bending knees in preparation for the intended leap. The Ring flew by, and Captain jumped inside the ring, while Shute made a surprising leap to the top of the haro head. Bakunetsumaru and Kylie however, didn't make the jump and nearly plummeted to their doom. Luckily, two robotic arms shot out and grabbed them, saving their lives.
Captain nodded at this. “Right. Now let's stop Cueball.”
It was at that moment did all four of Zock's beam ports began to glow, unleashing four beams at the same time. But just before the beams hit the ship…
“Super Magical I-Field!”
A forcefield of pure magic covered the Gundamusai, protecting it from the beams.
In the bridge, Rele removed her hands when she used them to cover his eyes. “Zero!” She cried happily.
Outside, Zero floated before the Gundamusai and bowed. “Have no fear your highness,” he said, Vatras sword and shield ready, “Whenever your are in danger, be sure that your knight in shining armor will always be around to save you from it.”
Unfortunately, the Winged Knight was too busy bowing in mid-air that he didn't see Zock reach out and grab him!
“Ulp!” Zero gulped as he felt the behemoth squeeze.
On the Re-Equip Ring, Shute stared in horror at the recent action.
“It's got Zero!” He yelled anxiously.
“Then let's back him up!” Bakunetsumaru replied, unsheathing his swords.
“Roger,” Captain said, and two robotic arms attached flight boosters to Captain's Option F. activating his boosters, Captain grabbed Baku and the two flew off at Zock.
“C'mon, let's go!” Shute yelled, nearly prompting the Ring to fly after the two, but Kylie yelled, “No, we need to get to the ship!”
Shute looked at her. “Why?”
“That thing has a radio, right?” Kylie demanded, “We have to tell those idiots in the blimps to clear out before they end up like the last one!”
Shute saw her point and directed the Ring to fly back to the Gundamusai.
Meanwhile, Captain and Bakunetsumaru came into conflict with the Zock. Captain started it off by firing several rounds from his head-guns. It didn't have any ill effect, and Zock retaliated by firing a beam from its upper left maser port. Captain dodged the beam, and took the chance to fling Baku' at the arm holding Zero.
SHWING!
The samurai sliced through the wrist, cutting the clawed hand off the arm. With the grip loosened, Zero flew out of the claw. “Many thanks!” He called out.
“Don't mention- WAAH!” Bakuetsumaru's eyes bugged out when he realized that with out Captain there was nothing to keep him from falling. He plummeted for a few minutes, wailing and tumbling, until Zero grabbed him.
“AA- Ah, thanks Zero.” The Musha Gundam replied, calmer now that the distance between him and the ground was stable.
“Don't mention it,” the Winged Knigh grinned- just before dodging a beam from Zock, a feat made harder from the burden he carried.
“Yow!” Bakuetsumaru cried, lifting his legs to avoid being blasted, “I never cared much for flying, but what I wouldn't give-!” Suddenly, a light bulb in his head turned on(and it's one of those good ones, like they use for traffic lights, not those cheap store-bought ones). “That's it! Zero!” The Knight looked at him. “Take me back to the ship, now!” Baku' ordered.
Zero looked confused. “Why-?”
“Just do it!”
Meanwhile, Captain continued his solo assault against Zangyaku Zock. Due to the constant firing of its maser beams, the GP04 had to both evade and counterattack. Captain decided to fly around and launch a V Attack from behind. What he didn't' expect was a maser beam from behind! Zock had four identical beam ports on its back, just like the ones on its front!
`So many ports!' Captain thought, bobbing in the air, `It's nothing more than a hovering artillery placement!'
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“That Cueball person made that thing???” Asked Princess Rele, astounded. Shute and Kylie had landed on the Ring in the hanger, and upon entering the bridge explained the situation.
“Lord Zock is being controlled!?” the Zako Soldier squealed.
“You wouldn't think so, from what's it been doing.” Kylie replied. She gave a quick look around. “Is there a radio on this thing, I gotta tell those morons in the blimps to clear out.”
In answer, a microphone descended from the ceiling.
“Speak clearly, please.” RAIMI told her, “Communications between all ports in the area are now open.”
Clearing her voice, Kylie began to talk into the mic. “What are you losers doing!?” She demanded angrily, “That monster doesn't care what it destroys, get outta here!”
In response to Kylie's warning, all blimps that haven't been shot or knocked down began to slowly get as far away from the battle as quickly as possible. (Which wasn't very quickly, what do you want, they're blimps!) Shute decided to head for the elevator.
“Where are you going?” Rele asked.
“I have to help the others!” Shute replied, “Stay here!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, Captain and Zero were continuing their assault on Zangyaku Zock, a task made difficult do to the constant firing of its beams.
“It would be nice to have an extra hand here!” Zero yelled, twirling to avoid another beam.
“Where's Bakunetsumaru, you had him a minute ago,” Captain asked, firing his V Rod. He tried to knock out one of the masers, but the much larger beam blew away the smaller beam.
“I dropped him on the Gundamusai, and he disappeared!” Zero replied, creating a magical barrier to block another beam. As if to counter his statement, a red flash zipped by, sending the Winged Knight spinning.
“Don't worry!” Bakunetsumaru yelled, “I'm here to- Help!” It became apparent that whatever force was propelling the Musha Gundam through the air, Baku' had little control over. He zipped and darted around erratically, confounding friends and enemies. Captain didn't understand what was going on until he saw Baku's back. Bakunetsumaru had strapped on one of the Dark Axis' flight packs the SDG had confiscated after their invasion of Neotopia. Bakunetsumaru must have thought he would be able to take part in the battle with one. It was a good idea, but it grew obvious that the Blazing Samurai lacked the flight training to use one expertly. Meanwhile, Baku' had managed, by some remote and fortunate happenstance, to slice off Zock's other claw while in an uncontrollable spin. After that, he began to slow into a hover.
“Aaaah- ah, okay, I think I've got the hang of this, now,” Bakunetsumaru commented, glad his turbulent tumbling was done. He carefully flew over to where Captain and Zero were.
“Gundam Force, special formation!” Captain ordered, “Gundam Force Triple Attack!”
“Go for it!” Shute yelled from the Gundamusai's head-plateform.
“Secret arts, Bakuntsu Tenkyo-Ken!” Bakunetsumaru sliced into the air, sending out a fiery `x'.
“Super Magical Violet Tornado!” Zero waved his sword, creating a violent gust laced with flower petals.
Captain's fist glowed with golden energy, and a booster activated on his wrist, causing it to spin with power. “Hyper Captain Punch!” Captain flew at hi-speed at his target.
The three attacks combined, creating a powerful missile that charged at the center of Zangyaku Zock.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Inside the cockpit, which was in the EXACT CENTER OF THE ROBOT, Cueball saw the attack coming(who wouldn't?) and retaliated by firing all four maser beams. It didn't do any good, and all Cueball could do was watch the end come.
“Oh, crud,” She muttered, seconds before impact.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
The Gundam Force Triple Attack bore through Zangyaku Zock with devastating force, causing the monstrous robot to explode with a thunderous explosion, sending metal and debris flying in all directions.
“All right!” Shute cheered.
“We did it!” Bakunetsumaru yelled. His feeling of victory was short lived when his flight pact shorted out. “Crud!” Baku' yelled as he plummeted, only to be caught, this time by Captain.
With the threat of Zangyaku Zock eliminated, the Gundamusai and all surviving blimps landed. The thugs in the zepplins didn't really know what was going on, but they knew the giant scary robot was gone, and that was good enough for them. Their relief was short lived when one of them saw a green robotic fly buzz up to his face.
“Au-!” His high-pitched scream of terror was cut off when the annoying bug thing stung him in the nose. Pretty soon chaos swept the area when it became obvious that there was more than one green robot fly buzzing around- heck, a whole swarm!
“Cueball's BaguBagu tank must have cracked!” Someone hollered in the confusion- just before being petrified. Shute's eyes widened when a BaguBagu flew right up to him- and froze. Shute realized the BaguBagu was staring upwards and looked up, finding a White BaguBagu staring back down. The White BaguBagu shot a slow beam of a light into the regular BaguBagu, and the regular transformed into a White one. At the same time, other White BaguBagu which had snuck in were doing the same to the other regular BaguBagu, who in turn upon transforming altered other regulars. Before long, all the BaguBagu in the area had transformed into White ones.
“But where did these ones come from?” Zero asked, as everything was de-petrified.
“The White BaguBagu we released earlier!” Shute cried in realization, “They must have traveled all the way here from that city we landed in!”
“I estimate that with this much reconverted BaguBagu,” Captain said, “The restoration process of this dimension has been increased by 78 percent.”
“That's great!” Shute cheered.
While they were talking, Kylie looked up and saw something interesting. It looked like a person hanging from a cliff, but from their…hair?
“Hey, guys!” She called out, and the Gundam Force looked at her in response. “Who d'ya suppose that is?” She asked, pointing at the subject of her query.
Shute squinted a bit before he realized who that was. “It's Cueball!” he replied, amazed. “How'd she get up there!?”
“That's Cueball?” Rele asked, confused. She didn't understand how someone could be evil with such a great figure.
“She appears to be stuck,” Zero said, floating up, “I'll get her down. Even if she was an enemy, I've always believed in helping fair maidens in distress.”
Zero flew up to where Cueball was, erm, hanging. Somehow, the end of her long tresses got caught under a rock on the cliff itself, as well as being tangled somewhat in a rock side branch(`How' shall remain a memorable plot hole in this story). Cueball herself was bracing against the cliff wall with her feet, keeping her hands clamped firmly on her hair.
“You!” She shrieked, “Get me down!”
“Have no fear,” Zero assured, “Chivalrous knights like myself shall never turn our backs on-”
“Just shut up and help!” She snapped angrily.
Zero's eyes narrowed. This was not the treatment he was used to getting from those he saved. He observed her situation and decided on a course of action.
“Don't worry,” Zero said, summoning his sword, “One swipe of my magic blade and you will be free from your entrapment.”
“No!” Screamed Cueball, gripping her roots tighter, “Don't cut my hair!”
“Ma'am, it will grow back,” Zero protested, not sure why the ex-gang boss was being so difficult.
“Just get it fre-!” Suddenly, Cueball's grip on her hair slipped, and it separated, along with the top of her head, revealing her real head underneath- quite devoid of any hair. Her `hair', or rather, her hairpiece, hung limply from the cliff as the actually bald woman fell to the ground, saved only by the blimp that was under her.
Zero stared bug-eyed at the whole scene, not moving.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Later, the Gundamusai landed a quite a pace away from the city it first landed near. The White BaguBagu had run their course, and Cueball's gang had broken up, the members presumably going off to reunite with their restored families. Cueball vanished, probably to weep over her lost dignity.
As for the Gundam Force and Kylie…
“Well, this is where I get off,” Kylie said, loading some stuff onto her motorcycle. She insisted on not landing in the city itself, as it would cause a panic, and was going to ride the rest of the way herself. “My family should be back to normal by now.” She gave the Gundam Force a rare smile. “Thanks for everything.”
“And thank you, for lending us your support, dear lady,” Zero said, kneeling. Rele curtsied, Shute and Captain saluted, and Baku' bowed, possibly to hide his tears.
“We'll come back to visit sometime,” Shute said, “Promise.”
Kylie laughed lightly. “Don't be in too much of hurry to come back, I wanna get used to my family all over again.” Wait'll they see their little girl all grown up! “Bye.”
Riding her bike and stopping, Kylie looked back one more time at the saviors of her world. It was a short goodbye, shorter than it should be. But she knew by now that in comparison her home got soft treatment, and that other places needed their help. Better for them to go quickly than to get bogged down in a single place…right?
She watched as the Gundamusai rose up into the sky. Then, a swirling vortex of purple appeared, and the Gundamusai went into it, vanishing in the way they appeared.
Nodding, Kylie started her bike up, driving slower than before…because she had trouble seeing through her tears.