SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Golden Knight ❯ The Knight's Baby ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 4 - The Knight's Baby
 
It had been three days since the Knight had helped Shute save the Gundam Force from the Dark Axis and they haven't seen or heard from the Knight since. They may not have trusted the Knight, but they were saved by him. (FYI, the Gundam Force still think the Knight is a guy, so when I write with the point of view of the Gundam Force, the Knight is a guy instead of a girl, just incase people are thinking I've lost my mind) Shute was beginning to worry about the Knight; he had saved Shute twice in one day. First from being captured and the other from pushing him into the vortex before it closed.
 
Where as far as the Knight was concerned, she had been fighting for those entire three days non stop. She emerged from the vortex and landed in the forest in her human form with the sword still in her hand. She had multiple injuries all over her body from fighting thousands of Zakos (thank you FennFeatherDragon for the correction ^-^). She limped over to the nearest tree and rested against the bark of the tree. It may have been rough but to the Knight, it was as soft as silk.
 
She moved over to sheathe her sword back in its case, and instantly pain shot up through her arm, “My arm…it hurts like hell.”
 
The Knight grabbed her sword and used it as a crutch to get herself over to the lake again to see the damage that was truly done to her. Once she made it there she saw the real damage done, those three Dark Axis guys were pretty tough and they made some good shots on the Knight. She was pale as snow and she had cuts and bruises everywhere on her. The wound on her head had reopened and something came back to her, a memory.
 
A baby is in her arms, she's smiling and there is a man standing beside her with a golden ring around his head. The baby is sleeping, but it doesn't last long when the bright scene before her turns to utter chaos and coldness. She is running with the baby in her arms, she hands the baby boy into the hands of the man from earlier and runs off into the battle. He called out something, but she couldn't hear it. The next thing was that she was in her armour watching as a ship blasted into the sky while she was fighting. The last thing in the memory was her entering the ship and looking at the man slowly turn to stone. Gold could feel herself crying, because she felt something deep in her heart that she should cry for the man that turned to stone.
 
“What happened to the baby? Wait, I held the child and felt happy, was that baby…mine?” she asked herself before the pain overwhelmed her and her emotions were so much that she passed out by the lake.
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
Shute walked into the house and saw his mother preparing a basket, “What are you doing, Mom? Are you going somewhere?”
 
She looked up and smiled, “I'm going to see a friend of mine. She has a condition and I'm bringing her this food to make sure she is healthy. You can come if you want to Shute.”
 
“Sure, you think Captain and the others can come too?” asked Shute wondering who this person was.
 
“I don't see why not, but be careful; she may not want anyone to see her. She was a little jumpy when we first met, but she said that if she needed to know something, she'd come here, but I haven't heard from her so I will go see her,” Keiko said worried about Gold, she looked so young and she was alone, maybe Shute and his friends would be just what she needed.
 
Shute nodded and ran out to tell the others, Keiko only smiled as she finished putting the food in the basket.
 
“So, who is this lady Shute? Have you met her before?” asked the ever so interested Zero whenever a woman is mentioned.
 
Shute shrugged, “I dunno. My Mom just mentioned her today, so I have no clue to who this person is.”
 
Shute lately has been acting a little distant. In the three days that the Knight had been missing, he's been worried about the Knight and if he was okay. The Knight said that he would be right behind them, but the vortex closed and there was no sign of the Knight. Shute felt something for the Knight, but he couldn't explain it. It was like he had some bond with the Knight, knowing that the Knight was there for him and to protect him. Shute didn't know where these thoughts came from, but lately having met his friends, and fighting the Dark Axis, he feels like there is something he can do for them, but either he's afraid to or he didn't know how.
 
“Well, we will go with you Shute. Maybe meeting this friend of your mother's will cheer you up some. You have been acting different in your behaviour,” Captain pointed out as the other two nodded in agreement.
 
“Captain's right, ever since the Knight disappeared you've been acting like you've lost your best friend or your mother,” said Bakunetsumaru who knew the feeling himself having been separated from his home.
 
Shute looked at Bakunetsumaru shocked, but then again, they didn't know the truth, “Um guys, there is something you should know.”
 
“What is it?” the three of them asked in unison.
 
“You guys have noticed how I look different them my Mom and Dad, my hair and eyes, well that is because they are not my real parents,” Shute said as the Gundams were shocked at what Shute had said.
 
“How long have you known this Shute? Why didn't you ever tell us this before?” asked Zero looking at the crest fallen boy.
 
Shute looked at his feet, “Well, I've known ever since I was 5 or 6, in a way, it's like I've always known without my parents telling me. My skin is darker then theirs, my hair isn't even close and my eyes are different. I never even thought of asking my Mom, because I don't want to make her upset. I'm waiting for the right time, and ever since this Knight appeared, I feel like I'm connected to my real parents.”
 
“We had no idea, Shute. But, I think you should tell your Mother about this, I think she wants to tell you as much as you do,” said Captain, who didn't notice that Keiko was listening in on everything.
 
So, Shute did know. She had been hiding it for years, ever since she and Mark stumbled on a baby in the middle of no where. The blanket that was around the baby Shute had a strange symbol on it which read in Armonian `Yasuo'. Keiko and Mark didn't know what it meant, but they kept the baby and raised him, but never told him what happened. They had only assumed that his true parents were gone and was alone, so nothing was said when he got older. Keiko closed the basket and came outside, “Come you four, I'm going now.”
 
Shute looked at his mother and smiled as big as he could for her, it always worked before. The Gundam's looked at each other, this wasn't good. They followed as they were lead into the forest, Shute finally asked, “Hey Mom? There are no houses around here, where does this friend of yours live?”
 
“Not sure, I only met her four days ago and she looked pretty beaten up. We talked and she said she didn't remember anything, so if she had any questions, she'd come and see me. Sadly, I haven't seen or heard from her, I'm just going to find and see if she is doing okay,” said Keiko looking back at Shute, as they were now approaching the lake.
 
“Such an unfortunate fate for the lady. She must be alone and afraid,” Zero said summoning a rose, “I shall give this to her as a tone of friendship, in hopes for her recovery of her memories.”
 
“Are you sure that is all Zero? I am willing to bet anything that if she is beautiful you will go on with your routine and probably scare her more,” Baku said that earned him a rose on his V - fin, “Zero!”
 
“How dare you insult me?! I am only showing concern for the well being of the friend of Shute's mother, what is her name?” Zero said turning away from the fuming samurai.
 
“She said that she has forgotten her real name, but she said to call her…” Keiko trailed off as she spotted the friend she was looking for on the ground and wounded, “Gold!”
 
Keiko rushed over, dropping the basket to check on the fallen woman. Captain and the other gundams went over and Captain did an analysis on Gold, “Her vital signs are dangerously low. She has been wounded and doesn't have much time.”
 
As this was going on, Shute was frozen in one spot unable to move. This woman…felt familiar to him. His eyes went wider when the woman spoke in her unconscious state, “Yasuo…”
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
I know I'm evil, but hey I gotta be to get more reviews. Any more critics out there on my story feel free to help. I'll update when I can!
 
Ja ne.
 
Shiva ^_^