SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Golden Knight ❯ Lost Hope ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 5 - Lost Hope
 
Knowing that a regular hospital wouldn't work with the injuries that Gold had, the Gundam's took her to their base. Since everyone knew about them now, it didn't seem so wrong to bring a civilian there for operation. Not to mention, there was another factor to why Gold was so special, being a friend of Keiko, Chief Haro, aka her husband Mark, he let them in at an instant.
 
Gold was put on a stretcher and pushed into a room for surgery; Shute never took his eyes off her, not even for a second. First the Knight and now this woman, it seemed that all at once he was getting closer and closer to his true home. The Gundam's were off talking somewhere else, while waiting for the results of the surgery. They couldn't get over that Shute didn't know his real parents, or where he came from.
 
“Shute truly is a brave boy; Zero, you and I have been going on about how we miss our homes, where Shute doesn't even know where his home is! Nor does he know his own kin; it saddens me to see the boy like this. He is usually so full of energy and happiness, but underneath all that is a boy who is lost and confused,” Bakunetsumaru said with the sadness and sympathy for his friend clear in his words.
 
“I agree, my friend. But, knowing this has me thinking about something. Since Shute is not like his parents, you think he could be from another dimension like us? To me, I find it odd that a boy that Captain met out of the blew was able to activate his soul drive easily. Shute might be more powerful then we anticipated,” Zero pointed out, there was truth to his words about Shute. It had been brushed aside and thought of just a coincidence, but it could be possible that it is more then just coincidence.
 
“Zero does have a point; I had only met Shute for only a few hours and in the middle of battle, Shute's call was able to awaken my Soul Drive and ever since that day that is how we've won. Even though Shute has never destroyed a Dark Axis foe before, he is the reason we keep winning our battles. We take the glory and Shute just congratulates us on a good job when it is Shute that should be receiving such recognition. I admire Shute for what he does, and Zero I agree that Shute may not be who we think he is anymore,” Captain clarified as Baku and Zero nodded their heads.
 
Shute was sitting in the Waiting Room thinking and piecing things together, he knew why Captain and the others went off by themselves. It was obvious that they were talking about him, but that was okay, after all he kept things from them and about his parents' well that was only one secret he kept. He knew he couldn't be from Neotopia either, he had looked everywhere for people that were similar to him, but nothing, not even close to him in any way.
 
In the operating room, Gold was still unconscious and attached to many machines. She had a breathing mask over her mouth that was keeping her asleep so she wouldn't wake up and make her condition worse then it already was. There was massive damage to the brain and her lung had collapsed and they had to re inflate it. Her minor injuries were healing well, but the inside damage was horrifying. Not only had her lung collapsed, but her liver was bruised and some of her ribs were broken, how she survived was a mystery to the doctors; it was impossible! Whenever her heart stopped beating for even a second, she fought and brought herself back, it was obvious that she wasn't ready to die just yet. The doctors may be able to fix her up, but there was no telling how it would affect her later physically. It was a miracle she survived; it'd be a bigger one if she fully healed over.
 
As the operating took place, the Knight's memories were coming back more and more, but still she didn't know her name. She had a husband, his name was King Yataro, her son was Yasuo, and her home was Armonia, a place of endless sun and beauty. The planet of Golden opportunities, guarded by Knight's of the Goddess Toki (means full of Hope) and a world of peace until the Dark Axis came and destroyed all of it. The planet of Golden opportunities became a land of no opportunities and no life, all but one Knight remained and the presence of the Goddess was gone from the land. Peace was replaced by chaos and coldness. Vegetation was gone, nothing but stone.
 
Her King, her husband, her love was gone, one of the cold stone of Armonia. Hope was gone from the planet and the planet had given up on hope. There was nothing left, but the Knight and her son. The Knight knew her place, what her mission was. Her mission was to find her son and save their home from the Darkness that had stolen the light and life of the land.
 
The Knight became conscious and aware of what was happening, she was lying down, people in white around her, she felt drowsy, but she couldn't go back to sleep again. She had a mission and she'd be damned if she didn't do it. Her voice was hoarse, “Godd…ess… of… Ar…mon…ia. He…ar… my…cry…”
 
Nothing was happening, her manacle usually started glowing now, but nothing was happening. The doctors took notice that she was awake and thought she was still hallucinating from the gas, but she had to stay asleep so she didn't feel pain. They had removed her clothes and her manacle along with it. They turned up the gas and forcefully put the woman back to sleep, they were almost finished anyway.
 
An hour had passed when a doctor come out, with Gold's blood very evident on his white coat. He approached Keiko and Shute, “The woman will be just fine, she is a lucky one I'll tell you that. One inch to the right would have paralyzed her, an inch to the left, would have killed her. How this happened, we haven't found out but there was massive damage done and it is doubtful if she'll ever get up again. But, with this woman's luck, she may be able to walk again if she is lucky enough.”
 
Shute was about to say something when a siren went off, of all the times for the Dark Axis to attack, it had to be now. The Gundam Force plus Shute went out to fight; it was by the river this time. The Dark Axis trio seemed a little too cocky this time, either they had something up their sleeve or they knew that help wasn't coming for the Gundam's. The Golden Knight may have put up a struggle, but even the Knight had to get tired eventually. There was too many for the Knight to fend off, and Grappler, Zapper and Destroyer made it even tougher for her. The Knight was beaten so bad that armour was coming off revealing skin underneath, making her vulnerable. The helmet was knocked off as the Knight disappeared into a vortex, all the trio saw was long brown hair fall and vanish.
 
They knew that there was no way that the Knight could interfere this time, being beaten that bad another fight could kill the Knight. Unfortunately they were right. “This time you Gundam's won't have your precious Golden Knight to save you! We took care of the Knight right when you left,” Zapper said no mistaking that cocky grin and voice.
 
“No!” yelled Shute seriously upset, one of his chances to find who he was, was gone now.
 
“You fiends! The Knight even helped you and you destroyed him! By Mana, you shall pay for this!” exclaimed Zero, even though he may not have understood the Knight's ways, he was still an ally.
 
Grappler laughed, “We'll just see!” then the three of them vanished.
 
It must have been a new technique they developed, or stole from the Knight. When Captain went over to protect Shute, something grabbed him and then moved back above the water. It was Destroyer Doom and he threw Shute deep within the water, “No! SHUTE!!!”
 
In the Operating Room, Gold's eyes shot open and then the doctor came in. When he closed the door behind him and looked at the bed, she was gone. Her clothes gone from the table and replaced by the patients' gown.
 
She was running to where the battle was going on, she didn't care that every part of her body was in pain or that her worst injuries were reopening, all she cared about was getting to the battle quickly. She transformed into the Golden Knight and kept running. She didn't know how long she was running, or how she kept running, but she kept on going. She was about to slow down when she approached, but when she saw the boy Shute being thrown into the river, she sped up and ran past the Gundam's and jumped on Zapper's head and dove head first into the water after Shute.
 
“No way! I thought we finished off the Knight!” yelled Grappler furious that the Knight was back.
 
“It appears that you thought wrong you fiends!” exclaimed Baku as he thought, `I only hope the Knight reaches Shute in time. He can't swim.'
 
The Knight continued to dive deeper into the water until she finally found Shute and it looked like he was about to give up holding his breath. He opened his eyes and saw the Golden light that reflected off the Knight as she grabbed his hand and started swimming to the surface. Shute noticed that the Knight looked different, pieces of armour were missing and he saw skin similar to his own. As the Knight finally reached the surface and gasped for air herself, she turned to Shute with her masculine voice and said, “Are you alright kid?”
 
Shute, soak and wet replied, “Yeah, I'll be fine. We were told that you were taken out by the Dark Axis.”
 
The Knight stood up, “Well as you can see I'm still very much alive. It takes more then that to take me out, now I suggest that you stay here away from danger.”
 
Shute nodded as she unsheathed her sword and charged into battle with the Gundam's. She stood beside Captain and said, “Would you like some help?”
 
“Yes, thank you Golden Knight. Are you sure you are able to fight? Your appearance tells me that you have fought non stop for a long time,” Captain responded as he took out his beam saber.
 
“You underestimate me. I fight until the very end, I have someone to protect and until I find that someone, I'll fight,” the Knight said earning the approval to fight by Captain.
 
“Oh how noble. We'll see how noble you are when we take off the helmet like we did last time!” Zapper ran forward and knocked the sword out of the Knight's hand and Grappler punched the Knight in the face knocking her helmet off. Destroyer finished things by blasting the Knight with a bomb sending her into a crater unconscious once again.
 
That was the last straw for Shute. He looked at the Knight's face and it was the girl they had brought to the hospital. The Knight was a woman, and the woman looked similar to him. He looked at where her sword was, and with clenched fists ran over to the sword, picked it up and yelled, “YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT DARK AXIS!!!”
 
Shute's eyes looked different now, full of anger; the Gundam's have never seen Shute like this before. Shute had never raised a sword to anyone, but when they looked closely at Shute's face, they knew something was about to happen.
 
The symbol of Armonia was on Shute's forehead.
 
***************************************************************** *******
I know I'm pure evil, but I like it! Things are seriously going to heat up in the next chapter. We get to see Shute kick Dark Axis butt! R&R peeps!
 
Ja ne
 
Shiva ^_^