SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Golden Knight ❯ Rosalyn's Diary ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 9 - Rosalyn's Diary
 
As Shute and his friends were sitting inside the Golden Knight's ship as it was flying through the fabric of time and space in order to get to Armonia, the Gundam Force watched on as Shute began training with his sword. He had asked his friends to help him train his sword, since he had three days and three friends, he let one of them train him a day.
 
The first day Captain was training Shute. Shute really had to be on the ball with Captain's very sensitive censors and very accurate attacks. After the first hour of dodging, he began to go on the offensive since he figured out how Captain worked and how he moved and the only way to catch him off guard is to do something out of his routine. Training with Captain proved difficult for Shute, but he got used to trying to throw Captain off guard and make his attacks without the Gundam knowing. It also helped train Captain to not underestimate his opponent because since Shute is human, well Armonian, he drives on instinct instead of calculations. Captain may be a stiff sometimes, but he wasn't going to let his friends down and he was bound to help Shute any way he could even though he didn't want to hurt Shute.
 
Shute made it clear to them that they shouldn't hold back because he's their friend because according to what they saw with his mother, they may be forced to fight her even though she is a friend as well. Shute may not have wanted to do this, but sometimes the only way to do good is to hurt the ones you care about. He didn't feel right saying it, but this was the real world for him and the good guys didn't always win and there were sacrifices. He knew the battle wasn't going to be easy on any of them, but that didn't mean that he wasn't going to try and save all the people he could with hopefully no sacrifices.
 
The next day, Shute trained with Zero. In this training, it was a completely different thing for Shute to get a grip of. Zero was different then Captain, in both fighting style and way of thought. He fought with more grace and he used his magic to help, not to mention he could fly. These exercises with Zero taught Shute that his opponent could use a completely different method of fighting and might have different abilities like the ability to use magic. It was harder to make a hit on Zero, but Captain and Bakunetsumaru cheered him on and it was an unusual feeling because normally it was Shute doing the cheering to make them stronger, but this time it was the other way around. Zero was training himself for the style of fighting that might be used on Armonia because perhaps the planet didn't allow magic on it besides the magic of the Golden Knight. He was ready to take any course of action because he was furious at the Dark Axis for injuring Shute's Mother and then using her to fight him when he came to his home.
 
They had occasional breaks so they could rest and replenish their strength. Shute had looked around the ship and noticed a lot of things from when his mother was in this very ship. He found used bandages and he figured that his mother was injured when she left Armonia. They found some holographic messages that she had made when she was traveling and most of them were her doubts and regrets. While they rested, Shute turned on one of the messages.
 
The projector beamed to life as it displayed the static image of Rosalyn with her helmet off, but the rest of her armour on. She sighed, then spoke, “I never thought it would take this long. My home is fading away and I can feel it to the depths of my soul. I should have sensed the darkness coming, but it seemed so small when I first felt it. How could something that small get so strong in only a small amount of time? Nothing makes sense. I have to find Yasuo soon before Armonia is destroyed forever. I keep asking myself over and over, why Armonia? We aren't a threat to anyone and we would never even think of starting a war for no reason.”
 
The image shook her head and smiled sadly, “The Goddess Toki told me everything about Armonia and beyond and yet I ask these questions that have a simple answer. We are harmless people, so that makes us an easy target. For that reason, I exist and the other Golden Knights before me. The reason they are after Armonia is to capture the Treasure.”
 
“The Treasure?” all of them asked at the same time as she continued.
 
“The Goddess and I are the only ones that know where the Treasure is and that's the way it should be. The Treasure is dangerous in the wrong hands and there is only one person who can control it now. It has been in the possession of the Golden Knights for centuries and now…it is time to pass it down. The Daughter of Hope and the Lord of the Sun, their child…my child is the key to our planets survival. I pray I can find him soon, Yataro sent him off before me and I'm not even sure if I'm in the same stream as him. I hope I haven't lost Yasuo as well, I already lost my love and I can't lose my only son,” Rosalyn was crying as the Gundam's could plainly see.
 
Shute saw how his mother was worried about him and realized what his mother must have seen. She saw his Father turn to stone like the rest of her planet. He longed to tell her that things were going to be okay and that he was alive and coming to save them all. Bakunetsumaru dropped his head at the sight of her tears, “Poor Woman. It is a heavy burden to carry for someone so young. She looks no older then you Shute.”
 
Rosalyn dried her eyes and spoke again, “I should have more hope, but the Goddess Toki is gone too. If anyone should know about not giving up, it should be me. After all, I am almost two centuries old.”
 
“Two centuries?!” they all exclaimed as they all fell backward on their butts.
 
“She looks so young, I would have never guessed how her age has far passed my expectations,” Zero said as he looked at the Golden Knight.
 
Captain nodded in agreement, “Her age seems appropriate seeing as for her to be so young and have a son would make me question the ways of Armonia further.”
 
“Perhaps that being from Armonia means that you will have immortality, but that wouldn't explain why Shute hasn't aged the same as his Mother,” Bakunetsumaru inquired as Rosalyn continued.
 
“It does seem weird to say that I am this old. They say that a Golden Knight lives for about a millennium, so I suppose that I am to outlive the people I love. My son is only half, so he will only live for five centuries. I guess it's to be expected, but I have never heard of a Golden Knight ever living up to that millennium. I can't give up what I am, but there are times when I just want to be a normal Armonian without worrying about people trying to destroy us. Goddess…what should I do?” her voice was so sad and distant and she rubbed her arm as she winced at the contact.
 
“Her arm…” breathed Shute as he remembered the way his mother fought. She used her right arm only and when her left arm was touched, it would hurt her. What had done this?
 
“It appears that she had sustained an injury in her battles on Armonia. She must have fought endless battles with the Dark Axis,” concluded Captain with the tone of sadness in his voice.
 
“My arm is hurting badly. Damn you Kuroda. You pierced through my armour and you're making my home suffer because of your greedy antics. I swear on my heart that I will defeat you along side with my Son, Yasuo,” the Knight said, but then the image jerked roughly, “What on Armonia?”
 
The Knight's image moved to a control panel as she tried to figure out the problem. The Gundam Force watched to see what the problem was when she gasped, “Oh no! They found me! Armour up! Shut off simulation!”
 
Then the screen was reduced to static and then shut off completely. The Gundam Force sat there for a minute to register what had happened. Shute was the first to speak, “My Mom really is strong, isn't she?”
 
“Yes Shute, she is. For a woman such as her to be fighting such a powerful force just winds me. All she really wants is to be free. I wonder who it was that attacked her ship.” Zero thought out loud speaking to himself, but meaning it for others to hear.
 
“I do not know Zero. She sounded angry and shocked that whoever it was found her. We have only one more day before we reach our destination. You ready Shute?” Bakunetsumaru asked Shute as the musha gundam stood up and drew his swords.
 
“As I'm ever going to be Baku. Don't hold back,” Shute said as he withdrew his sword and the third and final day in the Armonian ship commenced.
 
The battle for Armonia will begin soon and Shute will not be standing by in this battle; he will fight and he will win. Even if it means destroying his own Mother.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Hahaha! I know I'm cruel, but this leaves more room for drama and suspense which I love to keep you people in. Please Review this story people, when the Redneck is happy, she makes others happy. If the Redneck is pissed…you don't want to know >.> <.<
 
Ja ne.
 
Shiva ^_^