SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Unable to Love ❯ I Think I Love Her ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

So it starts…my first romance fic. I'm a little nervous because I'm not the romantic type. ^^; I just hope that things go well. But I must have confidence *fan fare plays* I'll never give up! I'm gonna make these chapters special by putting a love song at the beginning of each one, you know to set the tone for the chapter.
 
Well here it goes my first romance fic EVER!
 
DISCLAIMER: I only own Chaos…well actually I think she owns me. I also own Thiesel. No wait…he owns me too. :(
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
`Unable to Love'
Chp.1: I Think I Love Her
 
`She's a Rebel' by: Green Day
from their C.D. `American Idiot'
She's a rebel
She's a saint
She's the salt of the Earth
And she's dangerous
She's a rebel
Vigilante
Missing link on the brink
Of Destruction
 
From Chicago
ToToronto
She's the one that they
Callold what's her name
She's the symbol of resistance
And she's holdin' on my
Heart like a hand grenade
 
Is she thinkin'
What I'm thinkin'?
Is she the mother of all bombs
gonna detonate?
Is she trouble
Like I'm trouble?
Make it double
 
Twist of fate
Or a melody that
She sings the revolution
The dawning of our lives
She brings this liberation
That I just can't define
Nothing comes to mind.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
Shute sat in his chair in complete and utter awe as he watched Chaos and Bakunetsumaru hold a `civilized' conversation. `Wow, just yesterday they were yelling and screaming at each other,' he thought as the pair continued to talk about the possible `things' that could really be in a hot-dog (who knows what's in those things! >:D). Zero and Captain were utterly disgusted by the conversation, but GunEagle would just laugh at all the ridiculous kinds of organs and body parts that the two would suggest.
 
Shute and the five gundams were outside sipping on some lemonade, full and sleepy from dinner. The sun began setting behind the trees and the sky turned orange, another day was finally ending.
 
Chaos set her empty glass on the table and stretched her arms to the sky, “Well it's getting late, I should probably get back to the base before Chief Haro finds out I'm gone.”
 
Zero stood up and joined her at her side, “I shall accompany you for the trip back milady.”
 
Chaos sweat dropped, “That would probably be a very good idea,” she looked to Shute and gave him a friendly little wave as she and Zero began walking away from the table, “G'night Shute! I'll see the rest of you guys back at the base!”
 
Shute waved back, “Night Chaos, night Zero,” He stopped waving once he noticed that the pair had crossed the bridge, “How long do you guys think she'll be around for?”
 
Captain looked to his organic friend, “What do you mean by that Shute?”
 
“Well with Commander Sazabi wanting her back and all,” The boy let out a sigh, “How long will it be before they finally get her back?”
 
Baku finished his lemonade and set his glass down onto the table, “Hopefully never. She's too young and `delicate' to grow up in that kind of environment.”
 
Captain tilted his head questionably, “Why would you describe Chaos as `delicate' Bakunetsumaru?”
 
Baku crossed his arms and prepared to give his reason, “Can't you tell? She's probably been through a lot during her lifetime. Imagine having to bear the crest of the Dark Axis on your armor, imagine how people would treat you,” He shook his head sympathetically, “She's been hurting. Even though her soul seems indestructible it's truly sensitive. The last thing Chaos needs is to be smacked around by Sazabi and the trio.”
 
GunEagle shook and dropped his head, “God, the last thing I want is to loose her to that crack-head of a leader Sazabi. Man, if I never saw her again I don't know what I wou-” He quickly placed his hands over his mouthpiece, just realizing what he had just said and hoping that no one heard him. But to his dismay, everyone was looking at him with bugged-out eyes.
 
Shute giggled, “Are you hiding some hidden feelings about Chaos GunEagle?”
 
GunEagle shook his head violently, “N-no, not at all! I just like her as a friend!” ^^; He stammered, attempting to make up an excuse to cover up his true feelings.
 
Baku leaned forward and smirked at the young gundam, “You really do like her, don't try to hide it. I saw the way you looked at her during supper.” >:)
 
GunEagle finally and quickly spat it out, “IreallydoloveChaos, you happy?! I said it!”
 
Captain seemed to tease his counter part a little, “I'm sorry, I didn't catch that.”
 
Now GunEagle was on the verge of ripping his `hair' out, “I said that I REALLY DO LOVE CHAOS! Geez, you need to get your receptors fixed.” T__T+
 
Shute covered his mouth, trying not to laugh. Baku shook his head in dismay, “Poor Chaos.” He sighed.
 
Captain gave Baku a blank stare, his blue eyes full of confusion, “Why are you saying `poor Chaos', shouldn't it be poor GunEagle because we have found and exposed his personal feelings?”
 
Baku sweat dropped, “No because Chaos deserves someone better than him.” He pointed to GunEagle tauntingly.
 
GunEagle was about to yell back at Baku, but Shute was quicker to the draw, “Well then who does Chaos deserve, you?” The boy questioned.
 
“Actually, I was thinking of Captain instead.” Baku answered, causing Captain's face to turn a bright red.
 
GunEagle threw a fit, “WHAT?! I already told you three that I liked her!”
 
Captain scratched his head and looked to his counter part, “But weren't you just denying your feelings a few minutes ago?”
 
GunEagle took a deep breath and calmed himself down, “That's because I was embarrassed. To be really honest I've never known what the feeling of `love' was. I'm just guessing that this weird feeling that I have is `love'.”
 
Shute became serious, feeling pity for GunEagle, “Well, how do you feel when you see her?”
 
GunEagle rested his elbow on the table, then his head in his hand, “Dunno, when ever I look at her I get nervous and a bad case of the jitters. Sometimes it even feels like I'm gonna through up.”
 
“Whoa, looks like cupid targeted you with one big arrow GunEagle.” O_o Shute giggled as he gave GunEagle one big pat on the back.
 
GunEagle traded glances with Captain and Baku, “So I do love Chaos…right?”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
The forest and fields were dead calm, only a symphony of crickets and frogs could be heard. Chaos and Zero passively walked down the path together and towards the tallest hill. That's where Zero liked to take off from, so he wouldn't have to struggle to climb up the altitudes. The sky seemed to grow darker as they walked, stars began to glitter, the moon became stronger and the sun weaker. The summer's night was gorgeous.
 
“Hey Zero, can I ask you something?” Chaos hesitantly spat, urning to break the silence between them.
 
Zero looked to her as continued to walked, “You may ask me anything that you wish to know.”
 
`Well, he said I could ask him about anything,' she thought, “What was Lacroa like?”
 
Zero looked to the sky as grief seized him by the throat, “The most beautiful land that you could ever lay your eyes upon. The trees were always full of leaves and rolling, emerald hills were like that of a dream. The people were always friendly and happy, willing to do anything to aid each other. That was until those Dark Axis fiends stormed in and took over my homeland,
 
“Now it's nothing but a bunch of stone and ruble.”
 
Chaos looked to the ground, feeling ashamed that she asked him such a personal question, “I-I'm sorry Zero, I didn't mean to bring up such a sore subject.”
 
Zero `smiled' softly and shook his head, “No worries milady, at least I know that you're not like those villains whom you used to call `allies'.”
 
Chaos felt relieved as the knights spirit seemed to be on the rise, “You know, you don't have to call me `milady' anymore.” She giggled.
 
He looked at her questionably, “You don't like to be addressed by `milady'?” He asked as he tilted his head.
 
“It's flattering, really. It's just that I prefer to be called by my first name is all.” She quickly spat, hoping that she didn't offend him.
 
Zero nodded in agreement, “If that is what you prefer Chaos.”
 
But without warning Zero began to giggle, causing Chaos to look in his direction, “Wha-what's so funny Zero?” She asked, bewildered as to why he was giggling.
 
Zero cleared his throat and tried to become serious again, “Nothing, it's just that I can see why GunEagle is so interested in you.”
 
Chaos stopped walking and stared at the knight, bewildered, “What do you mean GunEagle's interested in me?!” She growled in slight disgust.
 
Zero stopped walking as well and looked back at her, “Isn't it obvious? He finds you attractive and wish's to claim you as his own.” He explained as he crossed his arms.
 
“How do you know that Zero, did he tell you?” Chaos questioned as she looked away from him.
 
“No,” He answered plainly, “But the way he looks at you it's as if he's saying I want to be with you.”
 
Chaos glanced back at Zero, “Well, I don't feel that way about him. If anything, I want to be as far away from him as possible.”
 
Zero began walking again and Chaos followed, “Do you?” The simple statement stirred up silence between the two, “Sometimes if one says they despise someone it really means that they love them.” He explained to the young gundamess.
 
Chaos rolled her eyes, denying that what she was hearing was true, “Zero, that makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I mean imagine, GunEagle and I together? Come on.” She teased.
 
“Personally, I believe that you two would make an excellent couple,” Zero added, making Chaos gag, “Both of you have such spirit and are so full of-”
 
Zero stopped dead in his tracks and stared at the road ahead, breathing deeply. Chaos stopped and looked to him, a little frightened as to why he had halted to suddenly. She followed his gaze and what she saw frightened her. A lifeless body lay on the road ahead of them, limp and dark. The shadows of the night concealed their immediate identity.
 
Zero ran towards the figure, leaving Chaos on the road behind him. He knelt down next to them picked up their head, examining their body for any lethal wounds. He looked to Chaos with his light-blue eyes full of concern and fear, never had Chaos seen Zero in such a horrified state.
 
“Chaos, come quickly!” Zero ordered to her, “We need to get him to the base now!”
 
Chaos obeyed and dashed to Zero's position, afraid of what she might see. As she got closer she began to make out their features. The unknown figure was a gundam.
 
Zero struggled, but was able to hoist the gundam up and over his shoulder, “This lad looks as if he has been through a lot so I'm going to take off from here.”
 
As he began to wrap his arm around her waist, Chaos looked back at the road that they had already traveled, “But what about the others, shouldn't we get them first?!” She questioned as she and Zero began to leave the ground.
 
“By the time we get there and back to the base this poor soul may dead!” He hurriedly answered as he struggled to climb towards the clouds.
 
The unknown gundam cracked his eyes open and peered at Chaos from his position over Zero's shoulder. He `smirked' as he looked at her with his dark purple eyes. His mind began to wander a bit as they sailed through the night sky, drawing ever closer to the lit up S.D.G. Base, `All according to plan'.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
Gaspies, what happens next?! 0o0? You'll find out in the next chap. ^_~ But about the next chapter, I'm going to Key West with my parents over spring break so an update may be a while. ^^; Sorry. But anyways, how is the fic so far? Please leave your reviews and I hope that you guys at least semi enjoyed it.
 
P.S.- Please don't be too harsh on me, I've been getting more flames lately. There's a reason why Chaos and Captain aren't going out. I see Captain more as a fatherly figure than anything. So please bear with me! :)
 
P.S.S- If you haven't noticed already, my fics are based on season one statistics because I don't know enough about season two to write about it…But I do know who Rele is…And a few other characters like Genkimaru and General Zeong. Just thought I'd add that in! ^__^
 
T,T,F,N, ta, ta, for now! (that is until after vacation !) ^_~