SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Unable to Love ❯ Attracted ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey guys, I'm baaAAaack! >:) My vacation was fantastic! The Keys were beautiful as usual (my family and I go down to Key West every Spring Break). Lots of sun burns, ouch. >_< But hey, I'm back and ready to go! And just to let y'all know, this trip gave me a lot of inspiration, yay for traveling! ^__^
 
For those of you who want Captain to receive true love *coughs* PrincessMoonShadow… No worries! I will find Captain some one in the VERY near future. ^_~
 
So here we go, chapter 2! ^___^
 
DISCLAIMER: Only Thiesel, Chaos, the Emerald Isles, and the Titanica are mine. Belfast and Dublin belong to the country of Ireland and Harland and Wolfe used to be a real ship building company.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
Unable To Love
Chp.2: Attracted
 
Bring Me To Life by: Evanescence
from their c.d. `Fallen'
 
How can you see into my eyes like open doors
Leading you down into my core
Where I've become so numb without a soul
My spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home
 
Wake me up inside
Wake me up inside
Call my name and save me from the dark
Bid my blood to run before I come undone
Save me from the nothing I've become
 
Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life
 
Wake me up inside
Wake me up inside
Call my name and save me from the dark
Bid my blood to run before I come undone
Save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life
 
Frozen inside without your touch without your love
Darling only you are the life among the dead
 
All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything
Without a thought without a voice without a soul
Don't let me die here there must be something more
Bring me to life.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
Grappler squeezed his right wrist tightly as he led a small, black armored gundam down a hallway inside the Magna-Musai. It had been less than an hour since Chaos's activation, and Grappler felt the need to gloat in his comrades faces.
 
Chaos, only being an hour old, couldn't help but to stare at the exposed piping on the ceiling of the hallway, curious as to what they were for, “Lord Grap-”
 
“Don't call me that,” Grappler growled as they continued down the hall, “Just call me Grappler.”
 
“Oh, o.k.… um, Grappler, where are we going?” Chaos stammered.
 
He stopped in front of a very large, two door, door way. He let go of her wrist and smirked, “You're going to meet you `team mates'.” But in reality, all he really wanted to do was rub his `victory' in Zapper's face.
 
Chaos tilted her head, “Team mates?”
 
“Yeah, team mates,” He pushed a button on the wall, causing the two sliding doors to open, “They're on your side and give you support when you need it…Although these two aren't as `reliable' as they should be.” The blue bot mumbled in agitation as he walked through the door way with Chaos close behind him.
 
When they entered, they walked onto a very large deck with cranes and steel crates. Zakos ran about, hard at work carrying guns, missiles, and just about any other hand sized weapon you could think of. But what caught Chaos's eye was a red robot that looked very similar to Grappler, but scarier and meaner looking. He was standing in the middle of the deck, barking orders at the Zakos with a harsh, booming voice that could make even the bravest soldier pee himself.
 
Chaos stared at the red bot, unsure of what to do. `He isn't one of those `team mates' that Grappler was talking about…right?' Chaos thought as she attempted to make her self smaller to remain unseen by the red bot. But to her dismay, Grappler began walking very confidently towards the other guy. Chaos was hesitant at first, but soon followed Grappler, trusting that what he was doing wasn't going to get her killed.
 
Grappler stood behind the red guy, Chaos hiding behind him. The blue lord poked his `team mate' on the shoulder, causing the other to swing around with a flustered look all over his face.
 
Grappler stepped to the side and put on hand on each of Chaos's shoulders, “Zapper, this is Chaos Cammerce, the newest part of our forces,” He forced her forward, presenting her to Zapper, “Chaos, this is Zapper Zaku, lord number one here on the Magna-Musai.”
 
Zapper tilted his head and grumbled in a low voice that caused Chaos to shutter, “He's a little small don't you think Gouf?”
 
Chaos looked up to Grappler, who was standing at her shoulder, “Grappler, I thought I was a female. I'm not a `he', am I?”
 
Zapper's eye nearly popped out of his head, “What, this thing is a `she'?!”
 
Grappler rolled his eye and tightend his grip on Chaos's shoulders, “Yes Zapper, Chaos is a girl. This is what the Commander ordered; don't have a cow because of it.”
 
So not only do I have to work with a gundam, but it's female too,” Zaku crossed his arms and examined Chaos, making her feel uncomfortable, “What are we going to do, put the Gundam Force's hormones in a tizzy?!”
 
A big question mark appeared over Chaos's head, “What are these hor-o-moanez that you speak of?” o.o
 
Zapper and Grappler's faces turned pink as they looked at each other. It's every parent's worse night mare and realization when they find that it is finally time to give the dreaded `talk'…And sadly gundams are no exception.
 
Zapper leaned to the side and whispered into Grappler's receptor, “Um…should would we explain the `birds and the bees' thing while she's asking?” Grappler's eye widened at the question and responded by violently shaking his head.
 
Chaos gave the two a funny look, `Is that question really so hard to answer?' she thought as her two superiors became sick at the thought of explaining the details of `life' to the clueless youngling.
 
Grappler gagged a little, “Um, nothing you need to know yet Chaos. But there's still one more guy you have to meet.”
 
Chaos pointed to Zapper, “He's not going to be as scary as Zapper is he?” Zaku's eye shrunk and a `vein' pulsed out the side of his head. Fabulous, not only was she a female gundam, but she wasn't afraid to speak her mind as well.
 
“Please, the only thing that makes Zapper scary is his temper,” >:) Grappler giggled as Zapper's patience began to boil along with his anger, “You'll like Destroyer Dom. He looks scary, but the only thing frightening thing about him is his I.Q. level.”
 
Chaos gave Grappler a blank stare, he glanced at her and knew exactly what she was thinking, “An I.Q. level is how smart or dumb someone is. And Dom really isn't that smart.” The blue lord grumbled.
 
Chaos placed a finger on her mouth piece, “How dumb is Destroyer? He can't possibly be that bad.”
 
Zapper shook his head, “Please, if Dom ever became the Commander I would hide in a corner and fear for the world.”
 
Chaos scratched her head, “Why would you be afraid of one dumb guy?”
 
Zapper snapped his gaze to Chaos, “Why? Because all Dom ever wants to do is blow things up, and on top of that he's bigger than me and Grappler!”
 
Chaos looked to Gouf then Zaku and gasped, this guy must be huge if he's bigger than them. Zapper and Grappler were already taller than her so the thought of someone being bigger than them was very frightening to her.
 
Right on queue, Destroyer Dom came marching through the double sliding doors holding, what else, but a large bazooka in his hands. Chaos marveled at how big he was, but marvel soon turned to fear when the giant bot began marching towards them. Grappler was right, Dom was scary looking, even more so than Zapper.
 
Destroyer stopped in front of the trio. He fixed his eye on Chaos and suddenly pointed at her, “Why is gundam on ship?!” The sudden out burst caused Chaos to jump back a little, clutching Grappler around the waist for comfort.
 
Grappler rolled his eye and pried Chaos off of him, “Dom this is Chaos Cammerce, she's on our side.” He shoved Chaos right in front of Destroyer, making her bump into the huge mecha's chest.
 
Destroyer cocked his head, “Ha, ha, ha new team mate!” He dropped the bazooka and threw his arms around her, lifting her off the ground. He gave the young gundamess a spine crunching hug. Grappler's and Zapper's eye grew big, they had never seen Dom act so affectionate before.
 
“Me Destroyer Dom and you my new friend!” Dom giggled as he forced the air out of Chaos's little body. He finally let go of her and she fell to the ground, not an ounce of air was left in her lungs.
 
Chaos slowly got up and as she straightened out her back, it cracked and popped back into place. She felt pretty good, besides the sore back, she awoke to a fairly welcoming atmosphere. Nothing could ruin this new life…nothing.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
Baku rubbed his eyes as he made his way down the stairs and towards the kitchen. It was break fast time and he wanted to get down there before the made rush of S.D.G. crew members did. As he entered the kitchen he noticed that Chaos's face was submerged into her bowl of Cheerios. He approached her and listened closely to hear for any breathing, just to make sure that she didn't drowned. He was reassured that she was fine when he heard gurgling and went back to his own business.
 
GunBike had been training Chaos for the past few days and his work-out schedule called for an early rise. In other words, Chaos was getting up and 5:30 every morning and it was taking a toll on her.
 
Baku pulled out a carton of orange juice and put some bread in the toaster. He sat down next to Chaos and stared at her, wondering how anyone could stick their head in bowl of cereal and sleep. But soon Zero and Captain entered the kitchen, casually talking to each other. Zero took a seat next to Baku as Captain opened the cabinet and pulled two spoons and two bowls.
 
As Zero sank into the chair he looked at Chaos, and then glared at Baku, “Is she alright Bakunetsumaru?”
 
“Yeah, she's fine,” Baku sighed as he got up to receive his toast, “I think GunBike has been working her hard.”
 
“It only seemed like yesterday that I was still in training,” Captain giggled as he placed a bowl in front of Zero and took a seat, “She's lucky, I had to get up at 5:00 every morning.”
 
Zero picked up the box of Cheerios that was already sitting on the table and poured its contents into his empty bowl, “I suppose GunBike is stern teacher if he gets you up at such an hour,” he handed the box to Captain, “What does he make you do during his sessions?”
 
Captain took the box and poured the cereal into his bowl, “Well, first he would make me run ten laps around the whole base as a warm up, then I would do wall sits for about six minutes each, next I would lift waits for about an hour and a half, and then I would run another ten laps to finish the session off.”
 
Zero gaped at Captain, his milk nearly missing the bowl as he poured it from the carton. Baku sat back down into his seat with his plate of toast, staring at Chaos once again.
 
The red musha scratched his head and looked to Captain, “Should I wake her up before she does drown in her milk?”
 
“That would be a good idea,” Captain responded as he took the milk from Zero and began pouring it into his bowl.
 
Baku nodded and began poking Chaos's left shoulder, “C'mon Chaos, get up.”
 
She slowly lifted her Cheerio beaded head and attempted to adjust her blurry vision, “W-what time is it?”
 
“It's about 8:30 I'm guessing.” Zero responded as began to shovel some of his cereal into his mouth piece.
 
“Oh,” she scuffed as she looked into her bowl. Chaos cocked an invisible eye brow, “Where did all my cereal go?”
 
Baku began to laugh at the gundamess' question, “It's all over face Chaos!” :D
 
“Really?” Chaos began shaking her head, causing the run-away loops to fall off her face and onto the table, “Huh, wonder how long I had had my face in there.”
 
Captain picked up his spoon, “I'm guessing at least and hour or so. You need to be more careful next time; you had a 60.5% chance to drown-”
 
“Good morning guys.”
 
Everyone turned their attention to the door to find Shute standing there, greeting them with his usual radiant smile. He walked over to the table and sat down next to his friends.
 
“What are you doing here so early Shute?” Zero questioned as stopped eating for a brief second.
 
Shute began to fiddle with a stray spoon, “My mom's `spring cleaning' today so I thought that it would be a good idea to get out of the house early.”
 
“Smart move Shute. Cleaning is not on the top of my list.” Chaos added as she cracked her knuckles, feeling immediate relief.
 
Before the conversation could be continued, GunEagle walked into the large room and pulled out a white mug. He reached to his right and snagged a mug full of coffee that was made by the crew members that had the early shift.
 
He turned around with his drink and waved happily to his comrades, “S'up guys?”
 
“Nothin' much,” Chaos grumbled as she began to swirl the warm milk inside her bowl a spoon, “I don't think you need the `perky' effects of that coffee GunEagle.”
 
GunEagle began to sip the brown concoction, “What's wrong, GunBike been working you too hard hun?”
 
She shot him a death glare, hoping to set the cocky male straight, “Excuse me?” T_T
 
Shute, Captain, Zero, and Baku watched the electricity grow in Chaos's eyes. The four just nodded in disappointment, they could tell that Chaos probably liked GunEagle, but she just wouldn't admit it.
 
“God, took me long enough to find this bloody room.”
 
The voice made everyone freeze, especially Zero. That voice reminded him of Tallgeese and the painful memories and battles of Lacroa. Actually, it did sound a lot like Tallgeese's voice except it was softer, younger, and more of an English accent to it.
 
The figure made his way into the room and went straight for the coffee, gaining a lot of stares on his way. But no one stared at him quite like Chaos. Her violet eyes scanned his body, examining his bluish-purplish armor and his black cape. She began to feel funny; it was as if she had a very bad case of the butterflies. `W-what's wrong with me?' she thought as she continued to admire the gundam.
 
The new guy pulled out a mug from the cabinet, “Is the coffee any good?”
 
“It's pretty good,” GunEagle replied as he handed him the coffee pot, “So you must be the new guy that Zero and Chaos were talking about last night.”
 
He took the pot from GunEagle and began pouring it into his empty mug, “I would venture to say so. My name is Thiesel Thyme; I'm from the Emerald Isles.”
 
Shute's eyes grew real big, “You're from the Emerald Isles, how in the world did you get here?”
 
Thiesel sighed and set the pot down, “My steamer hit a reef off the shore and sank, leaving me ship wrecked here.”
 
“What the heck is a `steamer' and where are these `Emerald Isles' that you speak of?” Baku questioned, nearly choking on his toast.
 
“The Emerald Isles are on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean,” Shute explained, “It's a chain of five large islands, but what really makes it special is that it's stuck on the `turn of the century' stage.”
 
Zero tilted is head, “The turn of the what?”
 
“It pretty much means that things haven't changed for a hundred years there,” Shute explained, “They still have Model T Automobiles, steam ships, and many things are still powered by horses.”
 
Baku leaned back in his chair, “So it's kind of like Ark, they're stuck one time period without much change.”
 
“But how could they stay the same this whole time? Wouldn't the outside world introduce and such that would move the country forward?” Captain questioned.
 
“Yes, but the government won't allow that to happen,” Thiesel answered, “The government will allow people out, but not in.”
 
“Sounds more like a dictatorship to me.” Zero scoffed.
 
Thiesel remained calm, “It may sound like that to you, but the citizens are happy with the government, and they've been happy for about a hundred years. If they were upset they would have made it known by now.”
 
Chaos twiddled her fingers nervously, wondering if she should ask him her question, “So Thiesel, which island are you from?”
 
Thiesel looked to her, his deep purple eyes meeting hers, “I'm from Dublin, it's the second largest island. Why do ask such a question love?”
 
She seemed to blush a little, “I was just curious because I'm from the island of Belfast. Well, I wasn't born there, but I did live there for a few months.”
 
“But didn't you shoot to Neotopia after escaping from the Dark Axis?” GunEagle asked as a big question mark appeared over his head.
 
“Well I didn't live in the woods here in Neotopia for nearly ten months,” Chaos growled back at him, “I will put this into words that you can possibly understand. About eight months ago, two months after my activation, I decide to leave after hearing what my main purpose of living was. It was the day before I to be sent into training with Grappler and this `leave home' idea was a last minute thing.
 
“So at the dead of night while everyone was asleep, I slipped out of my room. Now I knew that the Zakorello Gate could be opened by A, Zapper telling it to open, or B, punching in the coordinates on the communicator. Of course Zapper wouldn't willingly open up the gate for me so I snuck into his room while he was sleeping and took the communicator. Then I shimmied my to the gate, punched in random coordinates, threw the communicator back onto the ship, and jumped through.
 
“The gate dropped me off at Dublin and eventually leading me to this very chair here in Neotopia.”
 
Shute scratched his head; that was quite the story, “So then how did you get h-”
 
Thiesel quickly cut in, interrupting the boy, “So what was your occupation in Dublin Chaos?”
 
“I was a ship builder. I helped to construct the R.M.S. Titanica.” She proudly stated as she leaned back into her chair.
 
“Why are you so proud of that?” Baku asked, finally finishing off his toast, “It's only and mass of steel and wood.”
 
“Oh the Titanica was much more than that,” Thiesel added, “She was the largest ship since her older sister the Titanic. It's too bad she disappeared.”
 
Chaos seemed to shutter when he stated that sentence. Shute noticed the odd reaction and began to ponder as to why she acted in such a way. Was she upset that the she ship she helped to build was gone…Or was it much more than that?
 
Thiesel set his cup down and made his way towards the door. He stopped at the door way and looked to Chaos, “It was a pleasure meeting you Chaos. I hope that we can have more conversations like this.” He turned back around and finally left, leaving Zero, Baku, Captain, and Shute in awe and Chaos in a nervous tizzy.
 
But GunEagle wasn't happy about this new guy. Jealousy and suspicion surged through his circuits as he thought about how he and Chaos really hit it off. How in the world did Thiesel get away with calling Chaos `love' and yet when GunEagle called her a `chic' she nearly killed him?
 
“I don't like this guy,” GunEagle growled as he squeezed the life out of his coffee, “There's something about him that I just can't trust…But what?”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
Whew, finally done! x___x I hope you guys liked this one and I'm sooo sorry that it took this ling to update. I've been so busy with riding and vacation lately and I had a brain fart. But hey, I have a lot of new ideas for the next chapter! Please leave your reviews and idea because I ALWAYS put them into consideration! ^_^
 
Thanx for bearing with me guys!
 
T, T, F, N, ta, ta, for, now! ^_~