SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Winds & Rains. ❯ Oddball Hero: Charm Kid Strikes! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own the SD Gundam Force, they are owned by Bandai. I do own Sami, Adam, Eden, & the McDonalds; as well as the McDonald's robots & pets, Buddy, Teinetsumaru, Nikki; & any other character that appears in this fanfic, but doesn't appear in the show.

|||

"Winds & Rains." --
Chap. 02. --
"Oddball Hero: Charm Kid Strikes!"

|||

"Man! Why does my mom have off to see the new neighbors when I've already met them?" Shute groaned as he headed up the hillside, with his friends not too far behind him.

"Shute, you may know that, but your mother does not. Do not question her request?!"

&&&

You.....you might be the one

&&&

"Did you guys just hear that?" Shute asked as a sound caught his attention.

&&&

So let's not rush it, let's not jump the gun

&&&

"Um-huh?!" they all replied.

&&&

Sometimes love is an illusion

&&&

"Good. 'Cause, for a sec., I thought I was going crazy." Shute said, relieved. "Huh? There it is again?!" he then went to check it out, the others followed him.

&&&

Let's make it clear just so there's no confusion

&&&

"Is that Sami?" Shute asked as he stopped to find that what he & his friends heard, was the sound of Sami, the girl they had met yesterday, singing. They all just then stood there & listen to her singing.

|||

It's just a crush I'm feelin'
Walkin' on the ceilin'
My whole world's upside down
It's just a crush, I know it
Don't know where we're goin'
But I like it where we are right now
It's too soon to be too much
I'm not ready to call it love
It's just a crush
A crush


&&&

"Whoa! That missy sure's got some voice?!" said Gunbike just before he was slushed by Shute.

&&&

You.....I like you a lot
But I'm not sure if it's meant to be or not
Yeah, you could say, say we're together
But no one's said a word about the word forever


&&&

"Lovely, melady?!" said an amazed Zero.

|||

It's just a crush I'm feelin'
Walkin' on the ceilin'
My whole world's upside down
It's just a crush, I know it
Don't know where we're goin'
But I like it where we are right now
It's too soon to be too much
I'm not ready to call it love
It's just a crush
A crush


&&&

"Didn't she already sing that part?" Captain asked.

"She was singing a chorus, that's the part of a song that you have to repeat; of course, there are some exceptions?!" Shute explained as Sami made a beat by tapping & stamping either foot or both feet, banging & kicking several walls & beams, & hitting or dropping several items on the ground or on each other.

"Oh! I see, Shute!" he replied.

|||

You.....you might be the one
So let's not rush it, let's not jump the gun


&&&

"Shute?! You guys?!" Sami then spotted them, stopped singing, & blushed oddly. "How long have ya'll been here?"

"Not long?! So, why did you stop?" Shute replied & then asked with a smile. "We liked what you were doing?! Right guys!?" then came a clutter of Captain's, Zero's, Baku's, & Gunbike's words; along with some answering from Fenn, & some neighing from Entengo; all the answers were the same: yes.

"Thanks?!" She softly replied.

"Besides, I'd hate to see that pretty voice go to waste by you stopping yourself from singing, all 'cause you're ashamed?!"

"You really think my voice is pretty?!"

"It's beautiful!"

"Really?!"

"Really, really?!"

&&&

It's just a crush I'm feelin'
Walkin' on the ceilin'
My whole world's upside down
It's just a crush, I know it
Don't know where we're goin'
But I like it where we are right now
It's too soon to be too much
I'm not ready to call it love
It's just a crush
A crush


|||

"Well, howdy." Sami's pa came walking out of the front door.

"Pa! I was singing to the neighbors?!"

"These must be the nice fellas Keiko sent over to help with the unpackin'?! My name's Ichabod, & I see ya'll have already met my little cowbell, Sami." he said as he patted Sami on the head, making her blush.

"Huh? You know my mom?!"

"Shute?! Is that really you? Why, I haven't seemed ya since you were a baby?! & look at ya now, you've grown?!" he told Shute as the boy stood tall with pride. "But, ya're a lil' skinny?! Don't your ma feed ya?"

"Of course, his mother feeds hi--" Captain tried to say before Shute stopped him.

"Captain?! He didn't mean for that to answered; O.K.?!"

"Oh, O.K.! Sorry?!"

"That's O.K." Ichabod said with a smile. "My wife & I've known both your folks since they were 'bout your age, Shute."

"Really, Pa?!"

"Uh-huh!"

"Cool." Sami said just before she then snapped back to reality. "Oh man; I forgot?! Pa?! This is Captain....." she said as she pointed to the Mobile Gundam in disguise. ".....Zero....." she then pointed to the Knight Gundam. ".....Bakunetsumaru....." she then said as she pointed to the Musha Gundam. ".....Uh, Gunbike....." she uneasily pointed to the Gundam-style motorcycle. ".....Fenn....." she said as she petted the baby Feather Dragon. ".....& last, but not least, Entengo." she said as she introduced the Blazing Samurai's Gun-Horse.

"Nice ta ya'll!"

Then Chris walked out onto the front porch. "Hello there, Animal-lover!"

"Chris?! Ya little furshlugginer?! How many have I told ya, just 'cause I like animals, doesn't mean ya go 'round & insult it!?"

"Well,.....let's see.....here,.....364 times?!" he said just before getting a good look at Shute. "Aw-hah, what do we have here? Ain't ya suppose find a friend before ya go & get yourself a boyfriend!?"

"BOYFRIEND?!"

"He's not my boyfriend?!" Sami said as she jumped on Chris, then him such a beating.

|||

Several minutes later.....

"Do you always do that?" Shute asked as he carried a heavy box into the house.

"Pretty much?!" Sami replied, helping him all-the-while.

"Well, that should the last box, for now?! Sami?! Why don't you help these nice men get on their way back?!"

"MA?!?!"

"That's O.K., Mrs. McDonald?! We can make it back on our own?! Right, guys?!"

"Uh-huh!" They all said at once.

"O.K., then?!"

"Bye, Shute?! Bye, Captain?! Bye, Zero?! Bye, Baku?! Bye, uh, Gunbike?! Bye, Fenn?! Bye, Entengo?!" Sami waved to the group.

"Bye, Sami?!" They all replied to her.

"Bye, Mr. McDonald?! Bye, Mrs. McDonald?! Bye, Chris?!" Shute waved a second-good-bye to Sami's family.

|||

"Shute, why did you resist Mrs. McDonald's offer!?" Captain asked Shute.

"Well, I wanted to figure out the way back on my own, that way, it would easier for me to remember the way to here as well?! That way, I could come back, so I can see Sami again!" Shute replied.

"You want to see Sami again?!" Captain eyed his young, human friend.

"You bet, Captain?! I can't explain it, but even though I hadn't known her very long, I already like her a lot?! She's so amazing, she's beautiful, & she's has her own style; it's like she's an imperfect girl, but she can't think of anything else she'd rather be?! I feel like I've got to impress her, you know, make she see that I'm someone she'll?! You understand?!" he explained as he answered his gundam friend's question.

"I know that you like her, Shute?!" Captain told him.

"Looks like Shute's fallen for this missy?!"

"Yeah, Gunbike?! But, of course, he might deny it for awhile?! It would best to just let him admit it on his own when he's good & ready." Bakunetsumaru replied.

"How can thoust say that as if thoust know what Shute is going through!?"

"That's 'cause I've been in love once 'fore, I'll have ya know?!"

"Huh? Really?! I too have felt the pleasures of the burning flame called love?!"

"I had no idea?!"

|||

Meanwhile, back at the McDonalds' house.....

"Ma?! Pa?! I'll see ya'll later?! I'm gonna take my bike & ride to the city to do some sightseeing, I'll be back 'fore dark, O.K.?!" Sami called out as she went outside in her favorite navy-blue denim shirt, which, this time, was worn over a bright line-green tank-top, & her favorite long denim-blue jeans.

"Ya be careful, Sami?! Even an peaceful place can spark dangers!"

"I'll be fine, Ma?!"

&&&

Several minutes later, in the city of Neotopia.....

Sami spun the petals on her bike as it moved throughout the entire city. She looked around in amazement, as she saw the many various shops & streets all over & going in so many directions, that it was the whole city was a maze. She also saw so many cars & tram-cars going, she didn't know what to think.

"Wow!" she said as she stared up. "These must be the Neotopia Towers?!" She then rode off on her bike.

|||

She rode all the way to Peace Park, where she then decided to do some sketching. When she finished one, she grasped at one of her new works. It was a drawing of Shute! "Huh? Strange?! I've never had the urge to do a sketch on an person 'fore?!"

"What're you doing?" an group of three girl about the same age as Sami walked up behind her.

"Huh? Oh! I didn't see ya'll there?! Howdy, da name's Sami?! I was just drawing sketchs." she said as she showed the girls her latest works.

One girl was small, skinny, & had pale-light skin. She had a few freckles on her checks, golden-green eyes, & short, dark-blue hair; she wore glasses on her face, she wore her hair in two buns that stuck out of the sides of her head, & she had shorter, curled, bangs sticking out in front of her forehead. She also wore a light-green tennis-shirt; a long, dirty-yellow, skirt; long, white, socks & light-pink shoes. "Hi there, I'm Rosa." she said as she smiled at Sami. "& you have yourself some lovely drawings!"

"& my name's Josephine, but, it's easier just to Jo." another girl said as she shook hands with Sami. This girl was a tad big, fairly-sized, & had pale-dark skin. She had darker, slated, lines on her checks, orange eyes, & long, carrot-top-red hair; she wore a voilet bandana around her neck, she wore her hair in a ragged, ponytail on the right side of her head (which means that it mirrors Sami's ponytail whenever they are standing face-to-face), & she had very short, shaggy, bangs that lined up along the middle of her forehead. She also wore a long, crimson, bouse; a big, black, vest over it; dirty-blue, baggey, pants; dark-green, medium-sized, socks; & chocolate-brown shoes. "Wow! You drew those yourself?! Why, they're regular masterpieces!" she told Sami as she got an big, fat, 'thank you'.

"ROSA?! JO?! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!? TRYING TO BEFRIEND THAT FREAK?!" the last of the girly trio screamed at the top of her lungs, among the words that up & left her lips was one, that Sami was hoping, never to hear again: freak. She was a tad smaller than Jo (but a tad bigger than Rosa), completely fairly-sized, perfectly tanned-light skin. She had no markings on checks, cyan-like light-blue eyes, & dirty-blond hair; she wore her hair down, permed & curled on the bottom tips, & the tiny bangs on her forehead. She also wore a electric-pink, flashy, skintight, shirt; quiet-blue, skintight, dress-jeans; rosey-red socks; & slivery-grey shoes.

|||

"Did you say 'freak'?"

"Nickki, don't start?!" Rosa said as she tried to stop the girl, but it was no use.

"What are you? Deaf?! Or are you a parrot!? You heard me right?! I said 'freak'?!"

That bit of chit-chat ended with Sami running off, crying. Rosa sighed, & Jo growled. "What?! She is a freak?!"

&&&

Meanwhile, in the woods outside Neotopia.....

"I should've never come here?! I ain't no good for place, Neotopia, it & all of the people that live within it, they'd be better off without me!" Sami said as she started to cry by the side of the river where she was at. Nearby, Fenn & Entengo heard her as she sobbed. They ran over to where heard it to find her & see if she was all right.

"Fenn?!" Fenn didin't like what he was seeing. "Fffffeeeennnnfffffeeeeennnnn!!!!!!!!" he whined & cried in reply.

|||

"Fenn?! Entengo?! Whatcha ya'll doing here?!" Sami grasped as she realized the two were there, she then realized something: Fenn was crying. "Fenn?! Did my tears upset you!?" she said as she wiped her face, picked up Fenn, & then wiped off his face as well. "There, there?!" she calmed him as she started to sing:

Looking for an angel in these hills
Looking for a map to find what we left behind
Knowing that we will
Always end up right where we start
Cause I got time on my hands and hope in my heart
We both understand we weren't meant to be apart


April showers bring May flowers
I have seen rain before
But if Sunday morning lets that sun in
What are we waiting for
Cause love leaves an open door


|||

"I don't like this, guys?!" Shute said with unease. "FENN?!?! ENTENGO?!?!"

&&&

If I had one day I'd wish for two
One for me, baby, and one for you
And it would find you right where you are
With time on your hands and hope in your heart
We both understand we were written in the stars


April showers bring May flowers
I have seen rain before
But if Sunday morning lets that sun in
What are we waiting for
Cause love leaves an open door


|||

"Wait, anyone hear it?!"

"Yeah, it's Sami?!"

&&&

It's worth all the cost
Til I find what I lost in your eyes
And you realize


April showers bring May flowers
I have seen rain before
But if Sunday morning lets that sun in
What are we waiting for
Cause love leaves an open
Wishing and hoping
Love leaves an open door


|||

"Oh, hi there, Sami?!" Shute called out as he found the young girl with the two missing animals, but realized somthing. "Huh? Have you been crying?"

"What's it to you!? You probably don't care about me?! Nobody cares about me?! Nobody wants to be friends with a freak like me?!" Sami said as she hung her head, just before Shute slapped it?!

"Will you stop saying that?"

"What?!"

"Stop saying nobody wants be to your friend?!"

"Why!?"

"Because my name's not 'nobody', understand?!"

"You mean, you....."

"Uh-huh! At least, now you've got a friend, so, there's somebody who can help you get use to this place, right?!"

"Yeah, I hear ya, Shute?!" she said as she then gave him a big bear-hug. "Thanks?! Uh, Sami?! Can I be allowed to breathe please!?"

|||

"Oh, yeah, sure thing, Shute?! 'Sorry 'bout that?!" Sami said as she let go of Shute, giving him a chance to get a much needed breath; soonafter, they were brushing like crazy.

That's when Fenn & Entengo started whispering to one another, & after that, they turned their heads, & they freaked! The loud mooing of an angry bull rung throughout the air. Then, out of the bushes, came a giant, Freelance Mecha-Bull!

"Oh! Not now, Mojo?!"

"Mojo?! You know him?!"

"I'm his owner, along with my family. He belongs to us, Shute?! He doesn't like me being people he's not familar. You could say, he gets a little.....overprotective?!"

"WHAT?!"

"MOO!"

"No, Mojo?! He's a friend?!"

"Sami, look out?!" Shute pushed her out of the way. "Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!" Mojo rammed him & sent him into a tree.

|||

"Shute, no?!" Sami said as she broke down & cried.

"Neigh, neigh, neigh, neigh?!"

"Fenn, fenn, fenn!"

"Moo?! Moo, moo. Moo, moo, moo, moo?"

"Shute?!" Sami said as she then ran into the bushes after her new-found friend. "Shute?! Shute?! Are ya O.K.?" she turned him over to see.....that he was bleeding?! 'Oh no, this is all my fault! Shute got hurt 'cause he was tryin' ta protect me!' she thought to herself. She then make sure that no one was around. 'Think of a horse! Think of a horse! Think of a horse!' all she think of after that were horses, until she was focused on the thought, then some markings in the form of a horse's head on her hand. She then put her hand on Shute's chest, & his wounds started to heal themselves, until they were completely gone; after that, the markings on Sami's hand disappeared.

"Ow! My head! What happened?" he then turned to see Sami. "Sami?! Are you all right? You didn't get hurt, did you?!"

"Nope. How 'bout you?!"

"I'm O.K., I think?!"

"SHUTE?!" Captain called out as he came into the clearing.

"Oh well?! 'Guess ya don't wanta be my friend anymore?! What with Captain being your best friend & all?!"

"Guess again?! You can more than one best friend, you know?! I mean, I should know, I've got a bunch! Like, Captain, Zero, Baku, Gunbike, Sayla, Cam, & now, your bro, Chris, &.....you?!"

|||

"Shute, is everything allright?"

"Sure thing, Captain!"

"Well, I'd gonna be gettin' home?! I'd stay, but it's gettin' late, & I told my folks I'd get back 'fore dark; I'm a girl of my word."

"O.K., Sami?! See ya later?!"

&&&

"No way?! I'm not gonna tell 'im?! He wouldn't wanta be my friend if I told 'im?!" Sami said as she towed her bike & walked with Mojo. "Besides, if I did tell Shute, who knows what bad things could happen to 'im!?"

That's when the Zakarello Gate opened up again.....in front Sami's own two eyes. "Not now?!" she then saw a giant, silver ring coming at the ship, mostly hidden by a thick white cloud. "What is that?" A strange face sat atop the ring. It had no nose or mouth, just two black dots for eyes, and an aviator’s cap. It looked rather like a big green tennis ball. Glistening on the ring were three words: 'SUPER DIMENSIONAL GUARD'.

Sami watched, mesmerized, as crackles of green lightning emerged from the ring, pulling Captain, whom had jumped from somewhere, closer. Once he was inside the ring, the sparks coursed around him, and he began to change.....

"Is, or was that Captain?" she said as she kept on watching what she saw. Captain’s eyes grew dark as a dozen mechanical arms spread out from the ring. They grabbed his helmet, arms, and legs, replacing them with battle armor. He was handed a shield and a rifle. His metamorphosis finished, the jets on Captain’s back kicked in. He rocketed from the ring, becoming naught but a faint star in the distance.

"What the heck?! Ya'll don't that everyday?!" Sami said as she snapped back to reality. "So that’s how it is.....& how it's done?! Well then, 'guess it's my turn?!" she then changed into her costume, as Charm Kid?!

|||

Meanwhile, back in Peace Park.....

The Zakos were everywhere. They chased and shot at the officers. They blew up everything in sight. A few of them even tried chasing the robotic-statue of the mayor. The Dark Axis trio watched from the Komusai and laughed. "Run wild! Go crazy! With all of this havoc, that kid from last night’s sure to show up, being so noble & all?!" Zapper Zaku called out to the Zakos.

A star glimmered in the distance; there was a flash, and then the Gundam Force appeared in the heart of the chaos.

"What?!" Destroyer Dom asked. "Why Gundam Force here?"

"I wish I knew?!" Grappler Gouf said as he reveiled his plan to Zapper & Dom. "But if we threaten them, maybe the kid that gave us a beaten will come back & try to save them again?!"

&&&

Meanwhile, back Sami, a.k.a. Charm Kid, was.....

Charm Kid was rushing to the scene, when she was sidetracked. A malfunctional tram-car, & it's track, had split in two; & one of the passengers, a little girl, was dangling from one end. "Aaaaahhhhh!!!!! Help me?!"

"Con sonnet!" she said to herself. 'Think of a rooster! Think of a rooster! Think of a rooster!' she floated on up to the girl, & she picked her up & took her in one arm.

"Are you, a superhero?"

"Ya'll bet?!"

"Wow! My name's Bianca. What's yours?"

"Charm Kid." she said as she then repaired the tram & track, all the while, holding Bianca in one of her arms.

|||

Afterwords.....

"There ya go?!"

"Thank you, Charm Kid?!"

&&&

Meanwhile, back in Peace Park.....

"Let us go?!" the Gundam Force was tied to the pillers in the park with rubber bindings.

"Not likely, losers!" Zapper Zaku shouted at the group as, while he didn't know it until it was too late, Charm Kid ran around & released them.

"Leave them alone, you big bullies?!"

"Aw, there you are?! It's not nice to be late to your own party?!" Zapper said as he aim at Charm Kid. "HAVE SOME PUNCH?!?!" he then fired at her.

"Whoa, what the--" Charm Kid braced herself. "Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!" Meanwhile, unknownst to everyone, Mojo had seen Captain's transformation, & followed him to the park; when he heard Charm Kid scream, & realized it matched his master's, he figured out that Charm Kid was really Sami in costune, & went to protect his master, ramming Zapper Zaku in the process.

"What the--" Zapper looked up at the bull. "What's your problem?"

"Mojo?!"

|||

"How 'bout a little attitude adjustment?!" With a wild laugh, Zapper Zaku lifted something into the air. It was a small, red, stubby metallic cone. He brought the cone down through the air and clapped it to the top of Mojo's head. Part of the cone slid open, revealing a shiny red eye. The eye flashed. Mojo then gave a pained cry and thrashed back in forth in such a display of distress that Charm Kid & the Gundam Force felt their stiffen. Then its eyes flickered, turned red, and narrowed. It roared. Zapper then jumped off of the currectly-ranaway machine & made a run for the Komusai.

"Mojo?! What's wrong?"

"Don't waste your breath?! Anything we attach the Control Horn to, like the darn bucket-bolts-robo-bull, for instance, instantly becomes a puppet of the Dark Axis, and no strings attached, either!"

"Oh, no....." Charm Kid whispered herself, her confidence faltering. "O-Okay....." she stiffened her resolve and clenched her fists. "Bring it on!"

The robotic bull began to charge, but Shute wasn't going to let his new friend get hurt, even if anything about this 'friend' other the name of the guy (or girl). "CCCCCHHHHHAAAAARRRRRMMMMM KKKKKIIIIIDDDDD?!?!"

"SHUTE?!?!"

"SHUTE?!?!"

"SH UTE?!?!"

"SHUTE?!?!"

"SHUTE?!?!"

"FENN?!?!"

"NEIGH?!?!"

|||

'Not again?!'

"Idoit organic?!"

"Shute?! Why'd you do it?"

"Well, if you want to know, you were gonna get hurt?! I had to protect you?!" Shute struggled to his feet. "I may not know much about you, but what I do is this: your name's Charm Kid, you're a weird guy, &.....you're my friend!"

'Your friend?!' Charm Kid thought to herself. 'Oh, Shute.....I don't know what to say.....wait! Why did he say 'guy'!? Does he really think.....that I'm a guy!? But then, that means, that the others think I'm a guy too?! Well, if it helps with coverin' my secret, I'll play along with it, for now?!'

"Protect him?! You can't even protect yourself!" Zapper said with a laugh.

"Yeah. Now step aside, that way, we can get this 'Charm Kid' fellow for last night."

"Better move, so you not get hurt?!"

"NO!! NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!" he said as Zapper Zaku aimed at both of them.

'Think of a snake! Think of a snake! Think of a snake!' Charm Kid thought to herself as she put a hand on Shute's chest, causing both of them disappeared.

"What the--" Zapper Zaku nervously eyed around, that is, until he felt something punch him in the chin. "Ow! What was that!?" then he, Grappler Gouf, Destroyer Dom, got beat by an invisible Charm Kid.

"GGGGGHHHHHOOOOOSSSSSTTTTT!!!!!" screamed a frightened Baku.

"HE'S NOT A GHOST?!?!"

"Shute?! You're alive?!"

"Yeah. Urg, thanks to Charm Kid. He used some, urg, sorta of, urg, power, urg, of invisiblity, oh?! Anyway, urg, he got me, urg, over to those, urg, burshes." he explained as Charm Kid reappeared.

|||

"Impressive?!"

"Glad you think so?!"

"Charm Kid, urg?! You, urg, O.K.?!" Shute asked his friend, who replied with a nod. The moment was then ruined by the Dark Axis, & when Charm Kid tried to ready herself, Shute stopped her. "You, urg stand down?! We'll take it, urg, from here! What do you say, urg, guys?! Why don't give Charm Kid a helping hand!?" Shute said in a way nobody, not even Charm Kid, could argue with as the members of the Gundam Force all nodded in reply. "Urg?! LET"S GO?!?!?!"

Zero started, "Magical Violet Tornado!" The blue magic circle of mana appeared and shot out a rose petal tornado.

Bakunetsumaru attacked next, "Sacred arts, Bakunetsu, Tekyo-ken!" His swords formed a flaming X.

Captain finished the attack, "Soul Drive Activate!" He did his super Captain punch.

"Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!" the Dark Axis trio screamed. "Open the Zakarello Gate!" they all hollared as they vanished into the portal.

"Whoa! Now that's a move?!" Charm Kid said as she then healed Shute.

"Thanks. How'd you do that!?"

"Now that'd be tellin'?!"

"Yeah. But why does it felt like I'm forgetten something?!"

"MMMMMOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

"Aaaaahhh hh!!!!!" Shute screamed. "We forget about Mojo?!"

|||

"No?!"

"Oh no you don't, dude?!" A pale-tan & darkish-almost-black-looking-grey robot said as he swung in & spiped a sword through the extra horn on Mojo. The horn then exploded, & Mojo's face was back to normal, as well as the rest of him.

"Moo?!"

"Mojo?!"

"So?!"
< br> "So, what, Shute?!"

"So, why do you think he came here!?"

"I don't know?!"

"O.K.?! If you say you don't know, then I guess I'll take your word for it?! At least, for now?!"

&&&

Much later.....

Back at Shute's house, his parents desided to have a barbecue, & the Gundam Force were going to help get ready for it. Captain & Shute pushed the grill outside, while Zero & Baku set the table. Just then, Shute heard a small voice speaking -- one that made his muscles seize up in shock.

"Today, a commotion arose on the tran paths as civilians witnessed choas while a malfunctioning track broke, spilting two cars apart, but was saved by what appeared to be a superhero who went the name 'Charm Kid'. He then repaired the tracks & left with little comment. Who is this new superhero? Where does he comes from? Why is he here? One thing is clear: he is making sure that Neotopia is safe as he is around!"

"Huh? 'Charm Kid'?! I wonder who he is?!"

"Keiko, dear?! If he wanted anyone to know that, I don't think he would be wearing a mask?!"

"Yeah. You're right, Dad!" Shute agreed with his father. 'So, why he wasn't at the park when we first got there?!'

|||

"Woof!"

"Fe nn?!" Fenn turned around when he recognized the bark. "Fenn!"

"What is that strange creature?"

"Looks like a little dog?!"

"Anne?!" Sami ran down the road. "Anne, ain't ya been told not to go runnin' off like that?! Oh, Shute?! What are ya doin' here?"

"I live here!"

"Really?!"

"Really, really!"

"Woof!"

"Oh, that's right?! Shute?! This is my dog, Anne. Anne, this is Shute."

"Woof!" Anne then jumped on Shute & began licking him playfully.

"Hey.....stop it.....that tickles?!?!"

"Well, I'll be?! Look at that?!" Sami said with a smile. "That's the first time Anne's warmed up to a stranger."

|||

"Why, hello there?!" Keiko greeted the young girl & her dog. "Who is this?"

"This is Sami, Mom?!" Shute said as he introduce her. "She's new here?! She's my friend! & this is her dog, Anne."

"Nice to meet you?!"

"Nice ta meet ya too?!"

"Why don't you stay for dinner?"

"I'd love ta, but I can't! I told my ma I'd be home 'fore dark."

"Well then, O.K.?! Don't be a stranger?!"

"I WON'T!!" Sami said as she waved good-bye. "C'mon, Anne?!"

"What a sweet girl?!" Keiko said to herself. "Huh? what's this?"

"Looks like a sketchbook, Mom?!"

"Oh dear?! Sami must've dropped it?!"

"I'll take it to her!" Shute said as he then grabbed it & ran off to find Sami.

|||

When he finially found her, he was all out of breath. "Sami?! You dropped this!"

"Thanks, Shute?!"

"No problem! That's what friends are for?!"

&&&

The next day.....

"Listen up, everyone?!" Ms. Sparkbelle said with a ring in her voice. "We have 2 new students today....."

'Please be Sami & Chris?! Please be Sami & Chris?! Please be Sami & Chris?!' Shute thought to himself, hoping that it was Sami & her brother, Chris, whom had become the new students, only of his school, but also of his class.

"New students?! Who could they be, Rex?!" Sayla asked her older brother. Sayla was tall & slender, with harvest-gold hair & deep, amethyst-colored eyes. Her skin was like wintry cream, her cheeks and full lips a rosy pink, even if you couldn't see it, & she was around Shute & Sami's age.

"I don't know, Sis?! But, whoever they are, they better be interesting?!" Rex replied. Rex was around the same height as his sister, but not as slender as she was. His skin was a darker tan as well, along with his hair, which was brown & brushed to look like a porcupine copying the U-position that a skunk does when it's about to spray, & his eyes, which violet-blue.

".....Now, everyone?! Give a warm welcome to Chris & Sami McDonald?!"

"Whoa! What a cute smile?! I'm gonna win that girl's heart?!"

"SAMI?!?! CHRIS?!?!"

"SHUTE?!?!"

"It's that freak from the other day!"

"Well now, Shute?! Since you've met Ms. McDonald, why don't you let her sit by you?!"

"WOULD I EVER?!?!" Shute yelled in reply as she sat down beside him. Chris, on the hand, was told to sit by Cam, who was the new kid, last year.

|||

Disclaimer: Sami-SDGForce here!! Gotcha u w/ a cliffhanger, heh?! Don't worry; u'll all find out what happens next soon.