SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ With Every Season ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

***#^(I, once again and forever more, do not own SD Gundam Force. Gundam Force belongs to Bandai. I do not own the song either; O Child of Darkness is copyright Riyel [yes, that is the artist's name]. The only part of this I own is Fukuku [Foxx] and the plot. And so, thank you FeatherDragon and May-VeggieGirl1 for the reviews, you guys rule!)^%***
 
 
 
 
 
Light, white light was glittering through the storm. Shute had stayed up late in the night, trying to make sure that Fukuku was monitored well. He set up the systems so that if she did improve, die, or wake up, that everyone knew. Baku was looking outside at the quieting storm. The glowing clock on the wall read 00:36, it was the next day already. Baku didn't mind that fact at all, he was just worried about the spell-caster. The superuru was meant to work on gundam, not on humans. If it did work, it would be a miracle in itself. The girl was so close to death already. Baku just now saw the irony of the events that happened: first, the attack, when everyone but Zero were ignorant of what went on in the hall right next to them. Secondly, the storm kept forming and became worse as Foxx was dying.
Baku looked out the window, wondering if the clearing storm was a sign that she was recovering. But Bakunetsumaru could only do what the others were doing, superuru or not, wait. That was his weakness, patience. He couldn't wait more than ten minutes comfortably, which was the reason why he never used a superuru very often; the ones he knew took forever. The advanced ones were taught to the ones with stronger magic, more patience, and were the strongest in battle. Baku was sure that he wasn't going to be there, that was when he was little. He could remember all the generals saying that he was weak, that he was an excuse for a musha gundam. Baku trained in private, never showing how strong he was in battle though. He wanted to show the general council how strong he was, embarrassing them until they were sick with sorrow, sorry that they gave up on him. Not enough, those words sickened him. Not enough strength, not enough feeling, not enough power, not enough magic.
Baku had magic in him, enough to send him a couple of flashes of events from the future; enough for his “entago than”, but not enough to show that he was strong enough. Baku made a vow to become strong enough to prove himself.
“Baku! She's improving!” Shute's yelling startled Bakunetsumaru as he got up to check on the girl's conditions.
 
 
 
//\`A seven year-old girl lied on a cot, on the left side of her shirt were two pins, both in the shape of purple hearts, on her shoulder was a second lieutenant's badge. She had wild hair; golden locks of curls were covering her eyes. There were no windows in the room, just a bunch of cots, with women, from teenagers to adults, lying on them, asleep. The girl was humming to herself, quietly. But before she knew it, she was singing.
Child, o child, my darkest dream;
Child, o child, my heart breaks for you.” She hummed the rest, not knowing the rest of the song. “Child, o child of despair.” Moving sheets rustled, reminding the girl to be quiet. “He can tell your every need-“ The door the lead out of the room opened. The girl closed her eyes, hoping that the person at the door would not see her. If the Chief was told that she was singing during down time, she was in serious trouble. She was already caught for doing it ten times already.
The girl turned so she was facing the wall. If her father was the one on patrol, she didn't want to look at him in the face. If she did, then he could tell what was up. He knew what today was; in fact, he was the only other person besides her that knew what today was, and how special it was to the second lieutenant. She was the only one that it had an effect on. Anyone could care less about a second lieutenant's seventh birthday.
There was more sheet rustling. The girl pretended to be asleep, seeing how the group of teens was passing strangely by her bed, then heading back to their own. When everyone was asleep for sure, the girl opened her eyes. On her bed were five bags, about the amount of people that passed by her bed. The girl looked in the bags, presents, from each person. A stuffed toy; soft and plush, a music player; with music of all kinds, elbow pads; tough and yet soft for battle, a notepad for thoughts to be written down on, and a pair of sunglasses. They knew that even though she was a girl in SDG, she was a seven-year-old in the SDG, the youngest member ever. The only thing that was left unopened was a card, from the Chief. As the girl opened it, she started to cry. The song that she knew, the verse she was missing was written down.
Child, o child of broken dreams; life ripped apart right at the seams. You're not alone, child, no matter how hard it seems. Child, o child of broken dreams.” The rest of the card read “Happy birthday, first lieutenant Foxx”. First lieutenant, a promotion on her birthday, it meant that Foxx would go onto the field, to have a code name to hide who she is, to fit in with the rest.'/\\
 
 
Fukuku looked back at the fond memory she had long ago. Her seventh birthday, the one that she thought that no one would notice, the one that everyone would ignore. It was a year before that Fukuku's mother was bitten by a Bagu-Bagu, the year the she had joined SDG. Only a few agents knew that she was even there, but though she was invisible, she was restrained by so much.
Fukuku looked up, to see that she was awakening, in real life. Surrounding her was a boy, near her age, about thirteen. But what Fukuku also saw would have startled her, the originals; Zero, Captain, and Bakunetsumaru. She had to remain calm, or she would fail.
“Are you alright?” Zero asked her, trying to help the girl up.
“My head…” Fukuku tripped over her feet, falling onto her face, and back into unconsciousness, right at Baku's feet.
 
 
 
 
Shute ran to his computer, trying to connect something to help the girl, but unfortunately, Shute's workshop was no hospital. He was hoping that even if he did find something, that he wouldn't be too late. The monitors read everything normal; Fukuku was just asleep. Shute sighed with relief; the worst thing to happen would be losing the girl, and the blame falling on the SDG.
“We're okay, Fukuku is just asleep. We're lucky that Baku's superuru worked.” Everyone seemed to be pooped. For once, Zero and Baku weren't arguing, and Captain was sleeping with his eyes open. “The only thing we need to do now is find out a way to convince my mom to give up the guest room so Fukuku could sleep in a proper bed. Everyone did an anime-styled faint, except Shute and Captain, knowing that doing this in the middle of the night would be like asking the grim reaper for death, you got death.
 
 
“Please, m'lady, she has no resting place, and the Dark Axis have painfully attacked her in battle.”
“She wasn't able to help herself, the cowardly Dark Axis attacked the girl without her saying a single word for herself.”
“I will do anything Kieko, if you let Fukuku stay in your wonderful home.” Zero presented Shute's mom with a blue rose. Kieko accepted the rose, in exchange, giving Fukuku a room. Fukuku snored away on the couch, that was, until she was dragged into the guest room in the basement. She wouldn't care where she slept right at the moment, but her back would suffer if she didn't sleep on a good bed sometime. Zero shut the guestroom door behind him, not sure of what will happen to the spellcaster if she didn't get to her home. Zero was sure that he didn't see her before, when Sazabi attacked, nor did he see her when Neotopia was cleaning up from the battle. Zero never remembered hearing the name before either. He would've known that Fukuku meant Foxx if he had heard of the name before. It was all coming to his head now. Zero opened the guest room door, to hear Fukuku mumble in her sleep.
“…Rosecenter…. Lacroa…” Zero would've gasped if he wasn't trying to keep her asleep.” He shut the door, quickly and silently, and flew up the stairs, he had a few gundam and a human to consult with.
`Who, and why told? I told them to never tell. Who is the traitor?' Thoughts of wonder went through Zero's head. His real name, he shouldn't have told them, he shouldn't have trusted them with it. His real name explained quite a few things, his past, his powers, and his very actions.
Rosecenter was just a single knight of Lacroa, a simple human, but he always knew there was something different. It wasn't until a sorceress told him that Rosecenter knew who he truly was, the holder of the first dragon. There were three of them, as he was told, Time, Innocence, and Guilt. Always opposite, always fighting, yet, if one was to disappear, the balances of all would die.
Zero confronted the Force in the living room, where everyone was yawning, tired as ever, consider it was late at night.
“Who was the one who told?”
“Told who?” Captain asked, unsure of what Zero was talking about. Shute chose that moment to push Baku off the couch to wake him, unfortunately, a bit too much.
“Cobramaru!” Baku yelled, his katana out. Before he realized that Zero wasn't Cobramaru, and that he wasn't attacking Ark, Zero flew out of the way, letting Baku's katanas sink into the carpet. Baku looked just as dumb as Dom in that moment. He blushed, pulled out his katanas, and sat down on the couch.
“Who was the one who told of Rosecenter?” A series of `uuhh's filled the living room, then silence. Zero was going to wait for guilt to catch up on them, and that will be the time to strike.