Sensual Phrase Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Luck Phrase ❯ Second Stanza ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Gravitation is property of Maki Murakami, GENTOSHA, & TOKYOPOP. Sensual Phrase owned by Mayu Shinjo, Shogakukan & VIZ.

Luck Phrase
Second Stanza

Yuki was sulking. Again. And he was ignoring his loving wife. And as much as Shuichi loved how sexy his baby looked with that pouting expression, today Shuichi just couldn't handle being ignored.

"I'm going out," he stated loudly. There was no response out of his lover, not that he really expected one. "Don't wait up." Shuichi pulled on his red baseball cap and locked the door behind himself.

There was still an hour before he was supposed to meet Aine in the park and Shuichi had no idea what he was supposed to do for that amount of time. He could just head to the park and wait for her, but he was sure that would convince Aine that he most definately wasn't a rock star. Why would a rock star show up to a meeting with anybody an hour early? It would damage his reputation. So, he settled on walking around downtown, until noon.

Unfortunately, by the time he made his decision he had already wandered within the park's gates and Aine had him in sight. So, she was early too.

The girl stood up and waved to him. She had on a white sundress with black trim and white leather sandels. She was also wearing a matching black baseball cap and a pair of designer sunglasses. Shuichi chuckled, understanding the joke and pushed his own sunglasses higher up the bridge of his nose. "Ohayo, Shindou-san!"

"Ohayo, Aine-chan." He grinned at her. "What's with the undercover look?"

Aine pulled her sunglasses down and peered over them. "Oh, you know, we music business star types have to stick together."

"You just don't want to be seen with N-G's top star," he teased. "Can't be caught cohorting with the enemy."

"Why, Mr. Shindou," she said, slipping into her best American Southern Belle accent and fanning herself with her purse, "I do believe that was a joke. I, cohort with the enemy? Surely, you tell a lie."

"Madam, I never lie," he replied, mangling his own attempt at an accent. "And... and... Dammit! I forgot the punchline."

"And my name's not Shirley," Aine supplied.

"And my name's not Shirley," he finished, as if Aine didn't just supply his answer. Somehow, that just made the whole joke funnier. They both cracked up.

When they managed to stifle their laughter, they both sat on the edge of the fountain to catch their breath.

"You seem much calmer, today," Aine pointed out.

Shuichi reflected on what a basketcase he was the day before, but then accepted that his behavior was downright soothing compared to his normal temperment. "I have my calm days, too," he said, allowing her to interpret that as she sees fit.

"And how is Yuki?"

Was she getting nosier, or was it just him? "Broody. How's Sakuya?" Shuichi shot back.

Aine balked. "Huh?"

Shuichi hid a smile. "Sakuya. Lead singer of Lucifer. Yesterday, you told me you worked for him, wouldn't stop mentioning him, in fact. Kinda sexy, you know, if you're into guys."

She blushed bright red. "Uh... Fine, I guess. I haven't seen him for a few days."

Bingo! Ha! He knew it! She didn't work for Lucifer, she was dating Sakuya. Shuichi gave himself a mental pat on the back for figuring it out. "But, that doesn't matter," he said suddenly, "'Cause we're here for one thing only, to prove that I'm a Rock God and get me my print club!" With that, he snatched Aine's wrist and took off for the mall.

The tall, gleaming building had three huge numbers raised out declaring 109.

"I assume the 109, will be sufficent for this challenge?" Shuichi got the door for her and gestured her through.

"The location is just fine, but I pick the store. Follow me, Rock God."

Aine led Shuichi to one of the smallest music stores the mall had to offer and was currently browsing through the Easy Listening section. "Nope, no Rock God CD here," she teased with a smile.

"John Tesh?!" asked the rocker increduously. "Koda Kumi?! Ack! Try over there by Glay! Or L'Arc en Ciel! Or-"

"I found Ask. Am I getting close?" She waved a CD at him with a group shot of the members of Ask in front of a blue background.

Shuichi snatched it out of her hand, broke it in half and then stomped all over the broken pieces. "No, Ask is the exact opposite of close." Shuichi's deadpan voice shocked even himself.

Aine took a step back. "I'm sorry. I was only joking. I found your CD about five seconds after walking in the door. There's a whole display for Bad Luck." She handed him a copy of his album. "I didn't mean to upset you." She bowed deeply.

Shuichi snapped out of it. "Get up. It wasn't you. You just managed to pick the one band in this store that I can't stand." She stood up. "Let's just say there's a teeny bit of bad blood between their lead singer and me. I'm sorry."

"Hey, you kids? I heard somthing break? Whatcha think you're doing?" The elderly store attendant was hobbling toward them.

"Excuse us, grandpa," said Shuichi gathering up the pieces of broken disk. "I'll pay for this and the lady's as well."

That satisfied the attendant, so Shuichi got them out of there as quickly as possible. "You finally believe that I'm a Rock God?"

"Oh, yeah. This proves it all." She waved her purchase bag at him.

"Fine." Shuichi wasn't deflated so much as out of energy. He couldn't recall the last time he ran out of steam, but it wasn't refreshing. He didn't like it at all.

"Shuichi-san?"

"Huh?"

"I've got something for you."

"Yeah?"

"Well, do you want it or not?"

"What?"

"The gift?"

"What gift?"

"Well, at least you're sort of listening now." She grabbed his collar and shook him. "Wake up!"

Shuichi struggled free. "What?!"

"I'm going to give you some advice. Adhere to it. Understand?"

"What's adhere mean?"

Aine ignored the question and delivered her advice. "Guys are obligated to give gifts, often. But, when a girl decides to give a boy a gift, for no apparent reason, the guy must jump at the chance to recieve free stuff once in his lifetime and under no circumstances should he not pay attention to the girl giving the gift!"

"Oh," he replied sullenly. "Sorry." He paused, and then, "Did you say gifts?"

She pulled out a white envelope and handed it over to him. "Now, there are some rules that go with this gift."

"Oh, I don't like rules."

"Then give it back."

He hugged the present to himself. "Mine! I like gifts more than I dislike rules."

"Good. Now, rule number one: You must open that on the way home tonight. Rule number two: You must make full use of it for only its intended purpose which will be apparent once it is opened. And rule number three: I want a thank you note if you like it."

Shuichi pondered for a few seconds wondering what was in the envelope. "They're hard rules, but I'll do it!"

"Then, good night." With a wave she turned to leave.

"Good night," Shuichi called out. He looked down at the envelope. It was a normal everyday envelope, nothing special about it, but, somehow, it felt special. He broke the seal and slid out the letter and smiled. It was the lyrics to the most beautiful love song he'd ever read and he knew what Aine had meant about knowing what its intened purpose would be. His heart exploded with joy for the kindness and good will of Aine Yukimura. She owed him nothing, but still gave him a precious treasure.

She gave him a way to make Yuki fall in love with him, if only for one day.