Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Happpy Birthday Ren! ❯ Treat yourself to the fair! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Happy Birthday Ren
 
Chapter one
 
The day started out the same as any other, Yoh getting bossed around by Anna while Morty, Ryu and horo told each other jokes and argued who's the cutest or coolest or who's the better shaman. Ren just viewed from a distance. The afternoon drew in and the mail was late, there was a single letter labelled to Ren Tao.
 
“Ren there's a letter here for you” horo shouted out so Ren could hear from his room. Ren rushed out and grabbed the plain envelope looked at the return address and hastily threw it in the trash.
 
Horo blinked in surprise before asking “why did you throw it away”
 
Ren answered coldly “none of your business”
 
“Aaaaaawwww, does Ren have a love letter” he grabbed the letter from the trash can holding it as if he was intending on opening it.
 
“Get off right now, that's not yours”
 
“Eh, don't be bossy! Just say HoroHoro is the coolest and I'll give you it back.” Evilly smiling a Ren
 
“Never! Id rather die! I swear I'll kill you snow bunny”
 
“Well lets see what you got in here” horo held the letter in both hands tearing the corner slightly but before he could do more Ren leapt out trying to grab the letter but horo held it above his head just out of reach of the Chinese boy.
 
“Let go you dolt” ren reached up furious with blue haired shaman
 
“HA your too short” horo taunted
 
Ren growing desperate to reach the letter jumped up and lost balance falling on top of Horo. Ren laid with his chest pressed against Horos gazing into his eyes as he gazed back consistently. Ren turned red as his face grew hot; Horo too went quite pink as he felt the warmth of Runs body against his. Ren quickly pushed himself up grabbing the letter. Horo also regaining his earlier state of mind tugged the letter in response ripping the envelope apart.
 
A card fell out onto the floor with `happy birthday' written across it in bright red letters.
 
“Happy birthday? It's your birthday Ren…….and you didn't……..tell us.”
 
“NO” Ren said defensively
 
“Well, why not? Were your friends, what's there to hide?”
 
Ren going quite red just displayed his discomfort with a slight twitch and disgruntled look. Horo still pursued the matter.
 
“Ren, how old would that make you now? 16 right, well happy birthday” Horos smile beamed across his face trying to get Ren to commune with him.
 
Ren replied eventually “Yes, but what's it to you”
 
“Ah, I'm your bud, I'm suppose to know these things if I'm to get you a card and present” Horo stated making it seem obvious
 
“Present?” Ren thought out loud
 
“Yeah of course…… Don't forget a party with cake and all your friends around you singing happy birthday”
 
Rens face paled to a deathly white “Like Hell! If you do any of that you won't live to see your birthday”
 
“Come on it will be a blast” Horo pleaded to Ren
 
“No, absolutely not, why on earth would anyone do that” Ren stated oblivious to normal birthday customs.
 
“OK< OK but you gotta do something. Go to the beach or go to an amusement park…..” Horo suddenly jumped up shouting out wide eyed with excitement “that's it; we'll go to the fair tomorrow!”
 
“Not a chance, just leave me alone”
 
“Wait it will be fun. You, me, Yoh, Morty…….” Ren interrupted Horos prattle right there
 
“Don't say a word to them you hear me” Ren commanded in an eloquent voice.
 
“Please, it will be great”
 
“I said no dammit!”
 
“OK, OK I won't tell them…” a very large coy smirk spread cautiously across his face then finishing his sentence “If you go to the fair with me, or else I'll tell the others”
 
“YOU WOULDN'T!”
 
“I would”
 
A short silence fell between them before Ren broke the silence with a short answer he mumbles under his breathe “fine”
 
“What?”
 
“I SAID FINE!” Ren shouted sharply
 
“Cool, we'll go in the morning, see you later”
 
After dinner Ren went straight to bed cursing himself for not being sneakier about disposing of that blasted card. He figured after tomorrow it would all be over and done with and he'd never have to bother with this nonsense again, although Horos attentions were nice. Ren found Horo to be a babbling idiot most of the time but Horo was sweet and cared immensely for others. He and Horo were opposites; Horo was quite chilled and could show his emotions well. Ren found as he was lying there Horos eyes seemed to be his key features, they told you everything there was to know about horo, but still Ren found him to be a mystery which both annoyed the hell out of him and exited him. Ren soon changed his track of thought getting a little disturbed by his fetish with horo