Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Hurricane Yoh! ❯ Side Story 1a: Anna PWN3S! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Side Story: Demon-slayer Yoh! (Part 1)
Disclaimer: I don't own Shaman king, any characters, or even the background story, but I own the story I write here, of course.
WARNING: This chapter is part one of a two-part side-story! Yaaay!
SECONDARY WARNING: Weeeel, there's some… (ahem) hell references, since Anna is supposed to be able to “Call spirits from heaven, or banish them to hell” sooooo… If it, I don't know… offends you or creaps you out or something (I totally understand, really), please don't read. It's not really crucial anywhays (hence, it's a side-story).
Time to earn that “Action/Adventure” categorization, Whooooo!

We are in flashback sequence, people
It was a quiet morning, the serenity of nature only being broken by the melodious chirping of birds (although really, bird chirping can actually get pretty annoying). The Funbari Inn was at peace. (Yoh's house! It was a haunted Inn before they bought it, remember? Now it's a haunted house!)
The Inn had been at peace a lot recently. With the shaman fight postponed, all of Yoh's friends had returned to their respective homes for intensive personal training. It had become clear in the final stretches of the tournament that the only remaining challengers worth note were each other, and Hao. And Hao was gone, vanquished by Yoh's wielding of the net furyoku of those shamans that remained alive. They never even found his body, which, the shaman council had deduced, had been burned to less than dust when Hao died and his own Oversoul, now unsustained, had backfired.
They visited sometimes, his friends. Ren and Ryo having their own transportation (I wish I had my own planes), Horohoro often visiting with his sister (who looked to Anna for training advice, much to Horohoro's dismay), Chocolove was the least seen, as he didn't have a motorcycle, airplane, Oversoul-ed snowboard, or anything else. Besides, Chocolove was busy refining his jokes as well as his power (thank god!). Faust, of course, had opened a clinic in Funbari (haha, Faust is Anna's slave!), not daring to leave Anna lest his beloved Eliza be returned to heaven. Besides, he liked Yoh and Manta, they were his friends, and he really hadn't had a home to return to, anyway.
Anna and Yoh stood on the dirt-street in front of the Inn.
Wight Increase!” And at Anna's command, Yoh suddenly felt that simply standing around was enough training for today.
“Aw, c'mon Anna, you did that yesterday!”
“And?”
“It's so heavy! I'm going to collapse just standing here!” Yoh knew he was being childish, he knew that even his voice sounded childishly whining. But this was too much!
“No, you're going to do your laps”
“But…”
“I know what I'm doing, now go.”
“No, you know what you're making me do! You're not doing anything!” Oh crap, that was a bad move. Yoh could swear the temperature dropped.
“... Did you say something, Yoh?”
“Ah, I said… I'll be off now, Anna!” Resigned, and slightly fearful, Yoh ran off for his morning training.
Anna watched him leave, fighting the urge to smirk at her PWN-age (pwn means own, or total domination in online gaming) of Yoh.
She frowned slightly when she felt the presence behind her. “What do you want?” she asked, sounding annoyed but not bothering to turn and face the six trench-coat wearing figures behind her.
“Our… team” the most visibly-scarred, biggest, and gruffest of the bunch -most likely thier leader- spoke “was unable to partake in the Shaman Fight, unfortunately”
Anna turned to face them now “So you failed the preliminaries, then”. That seemed to hit a nerve with the leader
“We're stronger now than we were then! And besides…” he added, with a slightly sinister smirk forming “strength is relative. When the Shaman Fight is resumed, there will have to be replacements for the shamans that have… retired and we plan win this time”
Yes, the Great Spirit had been very quiet on the issue of the Shaman Fight for some time, but the recent news from Dobie Village was that the shamans Hao had sent his spirit to feed on would have to be replaced. So that's what this was about, they must have been very far away if Yoh hadn't sensed them, perhaps using a telescope of some sort and waiting for their chance
“So, you want to `remove' Yoh since none of you can face him one-on-one.” That was actually quite convenient; since they weren't all talk, each one seemed to reach quite a noteworthy level of power above most shamans. If she could get Yoh back here, increase his weights again, and get these strangers to all attack him, she would have a decent after-jog workout. And Yoh's group tactics needed work; he was becoming dependant on that “Grand Halo Blade” technique of his.
“'Remove' him? Do you think we're going to fight him?” The leader asked amusedly, his followers seemed slightly nervous around that idea. “We're not fools, we did our homework” and out of his trench-coat, the figure pulled a folder and idly flipped through. “Only reckless fools or idiots directly attack a Double-Medium user. Much less when that shaman channeled enough furyoku to take on the infamous Hao Asakura” He scoffed and threw the file at her feet. “In the best case scenario, only four of us have to die.”
You did your homework? You get an “F” for it then, if you don't even know that Yoh doesn't kill. “Then leave.” She stated simply, and turned to walk back inside. Her soaps were on soon, and if these relatively strong, yet still stupid shamans weren't going to fight, what use were they?
“I'm afraid it's not quite that simple” The leader shot back, and Anna turned to see him smirking at her. His followers seemed completely different, confident and unshakable, now that they knew they weren't going after Yoh.
Yoh's reputation certainly improved. She hazarded an idea at what they were planning, something incredibly more foolish than fighting the mercy-filled Yoh “Are you here to use me as a hostage?” Her soon-to-be opponents all began to smirk victoriously, as if they even stood a chance. Their stupidity is astounding.
“Oh we know you're some kind of prodigy-itako. Maybe you can even stop an Oversoul from forming, but that still leaves the odds five to one”
“You need to go back to elementary school and learn addition again, idiots” Anna stated simply, this was actually mildly amusing. “It's obviously five-” and here she bound both the leader and who, she guessed was the second in command “-to three”. She snapped her fingers, and her two trusty Shikigami(those red and blue monster-looking guys she calls) appeared and begun to beat the living bejeses(not really a word, but part of a saying) out of the remaining trench-coated idiots before they could get so far as “spirit form!” One, as it happened, was sent airborne in her direction by Zenki (the blue Shikigami, I think). A lesser person might have dove to safety, or screamed. Yoh would have tried to catch the poor guy, but Anna just slapped him into the stratosphere with her Legendary Right (Anna's super-slap is totally worthy of being an official battle technique, so I'm underlining it )
With four of her `assailants' on the ground, one just now reaching the height of his slap-induced flight, and two shielded off from touching their spirits by her beads, the fight was over. (Funny thing about the 108 beads, it's super strong, but what it's not known for is that it's really, really, long) And some people would probably not be able to use various limbs again, from the looks of what her Shikigami left behind.
She was about to have her Zenki and Kohki send the intruders to meet the one still in the stratosphere, when she noticed a spirit trying to break through her beads and to the leader. An Oni-spirit, I don't believe this… Truly a testament to their stupidity, Oni-spirits didn't know loyalty, and were famous for their unreliability. With a flick of her wrist, she wrapped the beads around the offending spirit as well, while releasing the two shamans previously entrapped to her Shikigami to send flying with the rest of the trench-coated fools.
AN:(Yeah, I decided that Anna can now wrap her beads around shamans to keep their spirits from them. Hah, they should have Oversoul-ed sooner, or train to the point where they can physically break the 108 beads necklace. What? It's just a neacklace, of course they can break it! But… they didn't know that! Hahahahaha! They would have just been PWN3D with slaps, anyway. Maybe they didn't break the beads because they found out it's safer there!)
I'm going to miss my soap. Was the last thought before she dismissed her Shikigami and started the ritual to carry out her duty as an itako. She needed to be undisturbed for this.
Of course, she was sending the Oni to hell.
As she got ready to send the Oni through, she found the voices of hell demons invading her mental space. Actually, that wasn't accurate, technically it was Anna that was invading their space, but it was nonetheless quite rude to waltz right up to Anna's extended consciousness and start chatting so amicably.
Yes, yes. Anna thought. Rule the world, eternal life, and so on, and so forth. These things can be more monotonous than that History class Yoh's always sleeping in.
Honestly, I'm not sure their even changing the words they use. Infinite power? Whatever.
Finally, it was ready and she set about banishing the vile Oni down a one-way tunnel to eternal damnation. The sugary-sweet voices of, what turned out to be some of the ugliest things she'd ever seen (and she'd seen Yoh's literature homework. Practice your handwriting Yoh!) retreated. At least, it could be assumed that they were ugly. Really, she hadn't bothered to look lately, ever since they started shifting forms to look like the highly disturbing, fear and nightmare-inducing image of the Asakura grandparents making out (eeeeeeew!).
Now that the Oni was finally tucked safely away in some unimportant part of hell, Anna decided to get the hell out of there (hahaha, sory, I couldn't resist, complain and I'll scrap it.). Of course, closing the channel to hell was even harder than opening it.
This is where the second wave of demons, the less ugly and more powerful or beautiful (demons can be beautiful, too! Beauty is power, just ask Tomb-Raider's Laura Croft!) came out. Although, she hadn't looked at these for some time, either, ever since one of them transformed into a replica of Anna that actually had figure with... (No, forget it, I flat-out refuse to continue that, just fill it in yourselves!). The jeers about how ugly, and unattractive, or how weak, and in need of protection (are they kidding? Legendary Right!) she was fell on -for the most part- deaf ears. A very, very mild feeling of self-resentment arose, and was squashed, in the span of a mili-second. On the whole, things were going very smoothly compared to her other recent attempts until a singular voice rose above the others:
How long can that Yoh wait on one such as you? Even he must become weary of you... And, being such a monstrosity as yourself ..."
"You know, would it be unusual if the mortals get sick or fearful of you and break the engagement?"
There, right there she felt fear. A small fear, but it was enough. Her tightly reined power fluxuated(increasing in one place, and decreasing in another) in response to her sudden emotion, and the one-way tunnel that she was closing wasn't as “one-way” anymore.

Author's Corner
Whooo, only one corner today, yay! This one… let me tell you guys, this one was just oodles of fun to write. Like… oodles (Legegdary Right!) one day, I'll have her put in a Phantom Left! And maybe I'll invent a whole new slap, like Atomic Slap-Buster! Or Inescapable Twin-Slap! Or even… Destruction Millenia Slap! Or Terminal Velocity Slap!
Sheer awesomeness.
Anna PWN3S.
Oh, and...
Oh yeah, and I think you should all know that I am a n00b! I bet you didn't know, but this is (depending on how you look at it) my first or second fan fiction! I would have told you all sooner, but the info's on my author's page anyway, and I didn't want to scare people away (goofy-grin)