Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ My diary ❯ Friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch 2
A long night, just what I needed. I twisted and turned on my bed, I couldn't sleep. I gently slipped out of the covers and headed for the balcony. The moon was out tonight and the stars were glistening with pride. I wish I were that carefree.
I leaned against the railing and wondered if everything will turn out good, though it was not my place to be concern, but there was something eating away inside of me. I let that thought slip by as I watched the dim starry sky.
I sensed a presence near by. I turned my head to look and I found none other then Anna standing on the neighboring balcony. I smiled as I watched her blond hair move softly with wind. She was something. She looked perfectly innocent and so elegant like she just jumped out of a fantasy. She's pretty but downright feisty. There's something about her that just leaps out. Her personality seems very well kept and hidden from view.
She turned my way and I looked away, rapidly. I could feel a faint blush forming on my cheeks as I kept on staring at the darkened sky. I looked from the corner of my eye and saw that she had turned away as well. I smiled as I saw her eyes lit up with the light of the moon.
She was wearing a quite simple pair of pajamas. She looked very ladylike and had the right curves on her body. She was quite mature. Oh how I want to capture those perfect pink lips and suck in all of her beauty.
I turned my gaze to the stars and saw a falling star. My wish may be able to come true. I smiled. I turned to look at Anna but she was gone. Sigh. Why me?
I arrived in the late afternoon the next day from some office work I needed to complete. I got dressed for evening supper and headed down stairs for some pre-supper goodies. As I descended down the stairs, I heard voices in the living room.
“Well, finally Yoh,” a blue haired Ainu called out to me.
“Sorry guys. I forgot you were coming,” I explained.
“No worries,” replied a dark-purple haired boy.
“Anyways, what did you guys need?” I asked curiously as I took a seat beside a very nervous Tamao.
“Well we were thinking that we should have a big party `cause it's MY birthday and since we're always so busy, we should have a break and coincidently my birthday is near,” said an out-of-breath Ainu, Pirika.
“Well that's all fine and dandy but has everyone agreed to it?”
“Yes, of course. Not only that, we'll all have to bring a date,” said Horo Horo.
“Wait! Nobody told me that! No freakin' way am I bringing a bitch!” screamed Ren.
“Why? You're afraid no will agree to go with you?” said Pirika with an amused look on her face. Ren was getting angry, every time Pirika spilled out an insult.
“That's it! I've had enough!” Ren launched fourth but Horo and Tamao grabbed his arms and stopped him from strangling Pirika.
Typical. I sighed out loud and left the room for the kitchen. I slammed a couple of tuna pieces and dabbed some mayonnaise and made myself a quick sandwich. I finished the sandwich and was retreating to my room when I heard Anna's voice in her room. It seemed like she was talking on the phone.
Curiosity got the better of me. I entered the room silently as I saw Anna put down the phone.
“You! I mean do you need help with anything?” she soothed her voice down.
“No…it's just that….,” I completely lost it.
“Well…..?”
“I got to go,” I rushed right out of the room and closed the door to my room. I slipped down against the door and sighed. What was that about?
Then I heard a knock on the door. I stood and up and opened the door and…
“Anna!”
“Hmp. I'm here to clean your bedroom. Keiko sent me. Please step aside and let me do my job,” she had that same emotionless face. I got out of her way and let her in.
There was not much to clean but Anna got to it and she was doing a good job at it. She cleaned my bed thoroughly as I watched her carefully. I stole a glance but in return she glared at me and turned away. I let her do her job and left the room quietly.
At supper, Horo and the gang joined us. It was the usual. No one could talk in grandpa's presence.
“I heard you are going to have a party next week. Is that true?” grandpa asked me.
“Well yeah…. you see,” I tried to explain.
“Ok. That's all I needed to know. And also I need your help,” he asked and turned to the table of people, “ please excuse us.” With that we left for the home-office.
“Yoh, I need a latest report from the camp.”
“Yes, gramps.”
We got to the office and there was a man standing in there. He had a long gloomy but evil looking face. He had blond hair and a big pair of glasses.
“Yoh, I'd like you to meet Marco. He's in charge of the food supplies and activities at the camp,” he said.
“Nice to meet you,” I shook my hands with him and sat on one of the chairs near by.
“Yoh. As you know after me you'll be inheriting my wealth and along with that my business. It is very important that you get to know the business.”
“That's all true but what is your business about? I've always wanted to know but you always discarded the subject.”
“That's precisely why Marco's here. He'll explain everything to you. Now before you get your opinions down, just try to understand it from our perspective.”
“Yes gramps,” I was not liking this Marco at all.
“Good, I'd better leave you to it gentlemen,” said grandpa as he exited the room quietly.
“Master Yoh, I assure you that you won't regret this. This is the experience of a life time and it'll earn you some big cash. Now your grandfather has been doing this business for ages and he thinks it will remain steady on your hands. So far you know nothing of it though and I'd like you to be familiar with it,” he said. I was getting bored already.
“Sorry to disturb,” I heard a voice coming in. It was Anna. “Master Yoh your room is ready,” she said with a smile on her face, though it was just painted, fake smile but heck that was enough for me.
“Yeah. Okay,” I got off the seat and excused myself from Marco.
“Thanks,” I told her as I closed the door behind and followed her closely.
“Hmp. I just did my job.”
“Got something on your mind?”
“That's none of your concern. I don't usually do this,” she said as we arrived back to my bedroom.
“How'd you know?”
“My secret,” she said, “What did you need when you came to my room earlier?”
“Umm….you see,” damn I thought she forgot.
“Is this about the party?”
“How'd you know?”
“My secret.”
Sigh. “Yeah I was wondering if you'd….”
“Sure,” she answered.
“I'm not even gonna ask. Well thanks,” I said.
“Hmp,” with that she left the room.
To be continued……………….
So what'd you think? Too boring? Too corny? Too short? Well please do tell what you think. I'll continue as soon as my exams are over.