Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Shamanic Oyamada ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Okay, this fic comes from sheer boredom. Instead of being set in 1998 like in the series, it's set in 2003 and everyone has aged accordingly (Yoh's 17, etc.) also, Yoh and Anna aren't a couple. I don't think they work out well together, but that could just be me. Anyhoo, enjoy, and please, no flames, this is my first Shaman King fic.

This was previously posted as "Manta's Shamanic Itoko" but FF.Net took it down because I had a poll added to the end. I removed the poll so maybe it will stay up. I also like this title better anyway. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: If I owned Shaman King, Anna, Ryu and Ren would've drowned to death in a pit of molten lava.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rei looked at the address and smiled. Boy would Manta be shocked to see her, especially after all these years. The last time they'd seen each other was at her father's funeral 4 years ago. Hopefully he'd hit a growth spurt since then. She turned onto the street he lived on, and could no longer handle her excitement. Manta was her favorite of all of her cousins. Sure he seemed kind of geeky, and yeah he was really short, and okay, so they looked nothing alike, and it was hard to convince people they were related, but he was a huge help with homework, and even his height could be useful. Once when he came to visit, she was able to talk her way out of a blind date her friends set up because she "Had to baby-sit the neighbor's kid.", of course she was smart enough not to tell Manta that. She finally spotted the house, and nearly tripped in her excitement to get up the front steps to the door. Ringing the bell, she tapped her foot impatiently until the door finally opened.

"Can I help you?" a familiar voice asked. She looked down, and was a little saddened to see he hadn't grown a centimeter.

"Manta, I can't believe you'd forget me so easily!" Rei teased, taking off her sunglasses to reveal dark purple eyes.

"Sureiyaa!" He exclaimed, hugging her. "You………really let your hair grow………"

Rei looked behind her at her dark green hair. It was currently in a braid that reached almost to the floor, and laughed.

"Yeah, I guess I have." She came in and Manta closed the door.

"What brings you to Tokyo?" he asked. "Is everything okay?"

"Of course! Do I need a reason to visit my favorite cousin?" rei hated leading him on like this………the truth was, she had other reasons, but she didn't feel like explaining herself just yet.

"Hey runt!" A girl called from the living room. "Who was at the door?"

"Manta………who was that?" Rei asked.

"Anna………" Manta shuddered a little. "Come on, you can meet my friends.........and Anna………"

Rei followed him and saw a blonde girl, a brown haired boy and a blue haired boy.

"Who's she?" The girl, Anna asked.

"This is Sureiyaa." Manta grinned. "Rei, this is Anna, Yoh, and Horo Horo."

Yoh shook her hand, Anna grunted, and Horo Horo kissed her hand, causing Rei to roll her eyes.

`He's a flirt………I can tell this'll be fun.' She thought. Then turned to Manta.

"Would it be okay if I settled in now Itoko?" she asked. "It's been a long trip."

* * *

Rei sat Indian style on her bed and began unpacking her bag. She was glad no one had noticed the katana poking out of her bag, it would be hard to explain. She then remembered something important, and pulled a small memorial tablet from one of the side pockets of her bag. A blue light appeared taking the form of a woman in her early twenties .

"Do you know how stuffy that pocket was?" she asked, frowning at the girl on the bed.

"Sorry Utena………my cousin doesn't know I'm a shaman………"Rei sighed. "I doubt he even know what one is………"

"So I get to be uncomfortable?" Utena crossed her arms and looked insulted.

"Why did I pick a nobleman's daughter for my guardian ghost? Rei asked, slightly grinning. "You're so spoiled………"

There was a knock at the door.

"Hide, Utena!" Rei ordered, putting the tablet in her bag and throwing her coat over the katana just as Anna came in.

"Don't bother." She said, sounding bored. "I know you're a shaman."

"How?" Rei asked.

"You're in a house full of them." Anna rolled her eyes. "Anyway, manta said tell you lunch is ready."

With that, Anna was gone.

"I knew it!" Rei said, picking the tablet up and sticking it in her pocket. "I knew I sensed other ghosts here!"

She started towards the door, but Utena didn't move.

"Aren't you coming?" rei asked, looking at her friend concerned.

"Your cousin might see me." The ghost replied mockingly. "Besides, I think I'm going to look around a little."

"Just don't cause any trouble."

"Who? Me? Cause trouble? Never!"

Rei rolled her eyes and left.

* * *

Rei walked in to the small dining room and noticed a couple new faces………ghostly faces.

"Whoa, cool!" She exclaimed. "A Samurai!"

Manta fell out of his chair and The samurai looked confused.

"Oro?" Amidamaru said. (AN: Sorry, wrong samurai.) "I'm cool, Yoh-sama?"

"You-you see him?" Manta asked, standing up and climbing back into the chair.

"I'd be worried if I didn't, Itoko-chan." Rei sat down. "He is rather tall."

"But how can you see him?" Manta asked.

"She's a Shaman, baka." Anna said, then continued eating.

Manta looked confused. "You never told me?"

"No one besides mom and dad knew." Rei replied

At this moment Utena swept it.

"This is my sprit, Utena." Rei smiled. "She's been with me since I was 7."

"I've been her babysitter since she was 7." Utena replied, then noticed Amidamaru. "Maru-koi………is that really you?"

Amidamaru looked at her for a moment, and then silently left the room. Utena looked from where he left to Rei.

"Do you think it was something I said?" she asked. "I should go after him………"

With that, she left.

"Am I the only one that got the impression they knew each other?" Horo Horo asked.

* * *

Utena saw him and went up to him.

"Maru-koi?" He looked at her coldly for a moment then left for another room.

This pattern continued until Utena could no longer stand it.

"Stop this right now Amidamaru!" she yelled causing him to stop dead in his tracks(AN: Excuse the corny pun.) and spun around to face her.

"What is your problem, baka?" She demanded. He glared, turned into his spirit ball form, and tried to float away.

"You're not getting away that easily!" With that she turned into her own spirit ball form and grabbed Amidamaru's tail the only way she could, she bit it..

"Ittai!" he hollered as he flew back into the dining room. "Yoh-sama, get her off!"

Everyone but Rei, Yoh and Anna sweatdropped. Yoh and Rei nearly fell out of their chairs from laughing and Anna went on eating like nothing odd was happening.

"Now will you talk to me?" Utena asked through gritted teeth.

"Isn't that what your lover was for?" He asked annoyed.

Utena let go and both turned into their regular forms.

"That's why I'm trying to talk to you."

"Shouldn't you be in the afterlife with Ahou?"

"Is that what this is about, baka?"

"What else would have me so upset?" He demanded. "You spent the night alone with him………the night I died none the less………"

"That was arranged by my father………the door was locked………" She looked on the verge of tears. "Amidamaru, how could you think I'd ever betray you………I love you!"

"Really?" He asked. "Even after 600 years of separation?"

"Of course even after 600 years." She replied. "Ask Rei-chan, you're all I ever used to talk about, but if you've hated me since your death………"

Everyone, even Anna, watched to see what would happened next. Amidamaru moved forward to embrace her, but she moved.

"Don't even try it." She sounded very upset as she turned and headed up to Rei's room.

"Uta-chan!" Rei called, jumping up. "Thanks a lot Amidamaru………you're all she ever talks about, ya know? And she always tried to find you wherever we went! You should be ashamed of yourself!"

With that, she went upstairs to console her guardian ghost.

"Well………" Manta began after a long pause. "That was interesting………"

"Maybe someone should go check on her!" Horo Horo leapt up, but Anna's glare made him sit back down.

"Pass the potatoes." Yoh added, still eating.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN: Sorry for any OOC-ness………and sorry for the rather abrupt ending, I sort of didn't see a point in dragging on the random conversation. Suggestions would be appreciated, and requests will try to be granted. Please R&R!