Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Dragon ❯ The Lifted Curse ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kirara yawned and opened her eyes, wincing against the morning sun. Then she paused, realizing what she had done. The shaman girl began to cry and shrieked at the top of her lungs.
"Ageku!!!" (if you don't know Japanese, you didn't miss anything)
***
"I can't believe it!!" Kirara happily stared down her breakfast before hastily devouring it, "I haven't had anything but Ramen for 10 years! This is great!"
"10 years?" Manta echoed.
"My mom didn't die till I was...((gulp)) 4... and then I didn't wanna eat anything but Ramen." She looked up and looked over her friends several times, "I love having friends."
"It's great isn't it?" HoroHoro said questionably. Kirara's eyes shot towards him, they had become the same shade of blue as Areia's, "Uh..."
"HoroHoro!?!?!" She cried, pouncing on him, "Ah! I thought you sounded pretty silly, but this is crazy!!! Look at this hair! It looks like a shattered ice cube! But its got an artic elegance to it... pretty..."
"Kirara" Manta said again. Her glance turned towards him.
"AW!!! How cute! You're Manta?!? Oh, you're so little!"
That's when Kororo appeared.
"Whheeee! A Koro Pukkuru!" She glomped Kororo, who squeaked, "AH! You're absolutely the cuddliest thing I've ever seen!!"
"I fear that she has gone off the deep-end, Yoh-dono.."
"Maybe so, Amidamaru."
"Ami...damaru?" Kirara blinked absently, and apparently enjoyed it, "AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You're Ami-chan!?!?!"
Everyone glared at Yoh. He explained what happened as Kirara fell into stitches.
"Awww... cwoot wittle Ami-chan!" She sneered, patting Amidamaru on the head.
"My pride diminishes."
"What's with you, Kirara?" asked Yoh.
"Anna-sensei." Kirara's voice slowly softened "Did you not tell them?"
"No. The breakfast rush left me no room to speak." This threw everyone off. No room for the vicious Medium to speak!?!?! Something really was up. She cleared her throat and began to weave the story behind Kirara's strange behavior.
"If we take a look back through Kirara's roots, we see a curse laid upon her ancestors. This curse granted all Nandaba descendants to be Shamans, for the price of one of their other five senses. In order to retrieve their lost sense, every Nandaba must find their primary spirit before.."
"Before what, Anna-sensei?" Anna glared at Kirara. She had heard the story everyday for four years, it was part of her bloodline. But still, the tale of her Shamanhood intrigued her every time she heard it.
"Before a Shaman of Chinese descent banishes or claims their spirit. It was the final blow in an age old battle. Sadly, the Nandaba family was given the short-end of the stick."
Everyone in the room, minus Areia and Anna, had fallen to tears. Kirara was first to dry, a question on her mind.
"But... Ren-koi is Chinese."
"Ren-koi!?!?!" cried the others.
"How could you think of him like that after everything he put you through?"
"I don't know..." She smiled goofily at him "I just do!"
"Hn." (and somewhere in a hospital bed, Ren is having wild fits of sneezing..)
-fin-