Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Dragon ❯ Gentle Tide ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Why do you insist on this dream of yours?" Soata said, lowering his Kwan-Dao.
"Big brother... I'm staying here to train with Yoh-kun and the others. I'll become strong and become the Shaman King! I'll bring mother back!"
"Silence!" Soata swung his Kwan-Dao, but with much hesitation. Kirara dodged it easily, catching a glimpse of tears in her brother's eyes, "How do you know that you'll be strong enough?!"
"I have hope!"
"Kirara..." Soata dropped to his knees and put his head in hands. His baby sister was breaking a wall within her brother.
"I know that daddy told us there was no other way... but we have to at least try other options that won't involve anyone getting hurt."
"Kirara..."
"Soata... daddy has only been doing this for his own crazy reasons. Nothing went right with his life after mom died. He lost his job, he could even take care of his two kids. The family was spilt... but we can bring it back if you just have faith in me and my friends."
Soata sat down and looked up at his sister, a new shine in his face, a new hope. He stood and tried to hug the sister he had once been told to kill. But something snapped in his mind.
Soata! This is unacceptable!
The young man jumped back and fell to the ground. He seemed to be having a conflict with a voice in his head. Kirara went to his side, but he pushed her away and raced off, saying, "Kirara! I will be back for you!"
Kirara stood amongst her battered friends, very much torn herself, and sighed heavily.
*the next morning*
HoroHoro woke up in bed. He was wrapped in bandages and could barely move because of the burns along his body. Around him were his friends, similarly aided. He dragged himself out of bed and went in search of anything to eat. Birds twittered in the trees as daily life went on around the mansion. It was as if nothing had happened the night before. The ice shaman stumbled into the kitchen to find Anna and Kirara up and about, although they were both in bandages.
"Horo-kun? What are you doing up?" Kirara helped HoroHoro to the table and made him a light breakfast, "You should be saving your strength."
"He was only worried about his stomach." Anna said, leaving the kitchen to go wake the others for breakfast. Kirara let out a short groan.
"I'm sorry all this happened."
"There's no need to be."
Ren entered the kitchen, limping his way to the fridge for a glass of milk, followed by Manta, who crawled to the table, not even concerned about eating. He wanted to sleep. Yoh and Anna helped Ryu in and straight to the stove, at which point he started cooking. Jun sat down alongside Pailong and Ren. The mansion was quiet, even the perky Pilika was silent. A dreadful feeling circulated around the room. Eyes didn't meet and voices never left their bodies. The quiet caused Kirara to cringe. She still couldn't believe that such a thing would happen to such nice people, all because her father had drilled those lunatic thoughts into her brother. At last a voice broke the silence-
"Eggs anyone?" Suddenly the mansion was alive again. It was as if nothing had happened. Manta slammed into the table trying to get up. HoroHoro laughed and made a crude joke. Yoh sighed and fiddled with his food. Ren and HoroHoro immediately got into a fight while Anna and Pilika talked calmly. Ryu passed out food and everyone ate like they had before last night, except for Kirara. She no longer had an appetite, her mind full of worry and concern. Her entire body felt like falling apart, then she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. It was Yoh. His smiled reminded Kirara that there was a brighter side to everything. He leaned over her and hugged her. She buried her face in his chest and cried. Soon the warmth of the other Shamans covered the young girl. They were all there to watch over her, to care for her, to always be there for her, and she too would protect and love them. Everyone in the room had one purpose they all recognized at that moment... to never leave each other....

-fin-

Iris: Yeah, yeah...short chapter... bite me. I was gone during mine own Spring Break so I had no time to come up with something elaborate.