Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Path to Destiny ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer I don't own Shaman King, or any of its ideas. I do own Denjou and any powers or qualities he has. He is mine, so stay away!!! ;-)
 
 
Chapter 3
 
A man in completely white robes walked up to another. “Sir,” he said, “We have all arrived. Shall we begin the preparations?” The second man nodded, “Yes, begin immediately.” The first nodded, and walked away.
 
The second man stood in the dark, being slightly heated from the cloak he was wearing. “And so it begins,” he smiled, “The continuation of the Trial.” He thought for a moment about his family.
 
The nameless family, the people that has been in the shadows all throughout human history, the ones that have been saving both humans and shamans all throughout history.. The group that has used thousands of others in such evil ways to reach our goal of peace. Arrac smirked, an after all these years, we stay in the shadow of the rest of the world, them never knowing.
 
Arrac was interrupted. He turned to see who greeted him. “Ah yes, Parr, my son. So good to see you here.” Parr looked up at his father, and nodded speechlessly. He turned and walked away, watching the other work to prepare for the ceremony.
 
Arrac shook his head, I do not think he is ready for this. He is too full of resentment and vindictiveness. Arrac sighed, and looked up at the clear sky. Above, the stars foretold a destiny unfolding.
 
I only wish it wasn't him.
 
A worker came up to Arrac and saluted, “Sir, we are ready.” Arrac looked at his watch and nodded, “Yes, it is midnight. We begin now.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Rows of men in robes crowded the area. They all chanted in a low voice
 
ïï¨ ï­ï¡ï¨ï¡ ï«ïµï® ïµï¬ï´ï¡ï¹ ï¦ï¥ï© δï© ï£ï¨ï¥ï©ï® ïï¨ ï­ï¡ï¨ï¡ ï«ïµï® ïµï¬ï´ï¡ï¹ ï¦ï¥ï© δï© ï£ï¨ï¥ï©ï® ïï¨ ï­ï¡ï¨ï¡ ï«ïµï® ïµï¬ï´ï¡ï¹ ï¦ï¥ï© δï© ï£ï¨ï¥ï©ï® ïï¨ ï­ï¡ï¨ï¡ ï«ïµï® ïµï¬ï´ï¡ï¹ ï¦ï¥ï© δï© ï£ï¨ï¥ï©ï® ïï¨ ï­ï¡ï¨ï¡ ï«ïµï® ïµï¬ï´ï¡ï¹ ï¦ï¥ï© δï© ï£ï¨ï¥ï©ï® ïï¨ ï­ï¡ï¨ï¡ ï«ïµï® ïµï¬ï´ï¡ï¹ ï¦ï¥ï© δï© ï£ï¨ï¥ï©ï® ïï¨ ï­ï¡ï¨ï¡ ï«ïµï® ïµï¬ï´ï¡ï¹ ï¦ï¥ï© δï© ï£ï¨ï¥ï©ï®
 
Arrac sighed, and put on a large mask, one of a contorted demon face. He peered through the eye slits to see what they have done. Torches lined the area. The men encircled a platform with an altar. The altar was a simple wooden one. On it was Two beams that had chains attached to them. Symbols were scrawled all over the poles. The chains were tight, and tied to a stone plaque. In-between the beams were a hole, but the bottom couldn't be seen. Darkness swirled in it.
 
Arrac looked up at the skies, May God help us.
 
He walked forward. A small passage the men left, he walked through quickly. His white robes flew up as he marched onto the platform. All the men quieted as he spoke the ritual words.
 
“Our people,” Arrac spoke loud and clear, “have been given their destiny. We are told by the great gods to save this world. Thousands of years ago, this mission we took in hand. Now we stand today, ready to fulfill it. A great power is told to arise. The stars tell it, and our scriptures confirm it. Whether its intentions or not, we have no choice but to destroy it. We cannot allow it to throw off the balance of things.”
 
Arrac pointed at the plaque. “This holds the key. We shall use the power locked away in this stone to destroy the unknown that comes ahead.”
 
Arrac looked back at all the men, “After tonight, once this ceremony is finished, we shall have to put our fates in the chosen one's hands. Parr.”
 
The men looked back to see Parr coming towards him.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Asuri ran up to the lit up area. His stolen car was parked some 200 yards away. “I'm late,” he whispered to himself, and hid in some brush.
 
From a distance, he gaped at the amount of people kneeling around the platform. A young man was walking down the path, towards the platform.
 
I hope I didn't miss it.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Parr strode towards the platform. His robes were exactly the same as his followers, except that they were completely black. He walked into the platform, and stared at the ground ahead of him, preparing for the ritual.
 
Arrac walked behind his son and clamped his hands over Parr's shoulders, “My friends,” Arrac stated, “Tonight is the night that our family legacy shall be continue to be fulfilled. Parr shall be the one to save us.”
 
Arrac stumbled a bit for the next words. Everyone looked at him expectantly. Arrac inwardly sighed. He looked up, and said, “We've always asked fate to guide us. Now lets guide ourselves.”
 
Everyone murmured in confusion. Arrac chuckled, “I'm sorry. Let it begin.”
 
Parr glared at is father as he left the platform. The old fool never had any trust in me. Now I'll show him what I am. I'll show him I am worthy and powerful.
 
Arrac walked off the platform, and kneeled. He turned towards the altar, and started to utter,
 
Dark is here, light is gone. Fate is here, destiny waits. The one with strength, all mind body and spirit, shall be the one who takes in hand. The will to move, the power to pursue. With eyes unclouded with hate and fear and greed, the one shall take in hand the power. Life at balance, light and shadow, the battle of the two sides begins. Let us pray we want the choice, let the ancient scriptures choose the one.
 
The men behind Arrac chanted with him,
 
ï„ï¡ρï« ï©σ ï¨ï¥ρï¥, ï¬ï©γï¨ï´ ï©σ γï¯ï®ï¥ï€® ï†ï¡ï´ï¥ ï£ï¡ï® ï£ï¯ï­ï¥, δï¥σï´ï©ï®ï¹ ï¦ïµï¬ï¦ï©ï¬ 39;¬ï¥δ ï”ï¨ï¥ ï¯ï®ï¥ ï·ï©ï´ï¨ σï´ρï¥ï®γï´ï 68;, ï¡ï¬ï¬ ï­ï©ï®δ ï¢ï¯δï¹ ï¡ï®δ σï°ï©ρï©ï´, σï¨ï¡ï¬ï¬ ï¢ï¥ ï´ï¨ï¥ ï¯ï®ï¥ ï·ï¨ï¯ ï´ï¡ï«ï¥σ ï©ï® ï¨ï¡ï®δ ï”ï¨ï¥ ï·ï©ï¬ï¬ ï´ï¯ ï­ï¯ï¶ï¥, ï´ï¨ï¥ ï°ï¯ï·ï¥ρ ï´ï¯ ï°ïµρσïµï¥ï€&# 174; ï—ï©ï´ï¨ ï¥ï¹ï¥σ ïµï®ï£ï¬ï¯ïµ 48;ï¥δ ï·ï©ï´ï¨ ï¨ï¡ï´ï¥ ï¡ï®δ ï¦ï¥ï¡ρ ï¡ï®δ γρï¥ï¥δ, ï´ï¨ï¥ ï¯ï®ï¥ σï¨ï¡ï¬ï¬ ï´ï¡ï«ï¥ ï©ï® ï¨ï¡ï®δ ï´ï¨ï¥ δï¡ρï«ï®ï¥σσ 39;€® ïŒï©ï¦ï¥ ï¡ï´ ï¢ï¡ï¬ï¡ï®ï£ 39;¥, ï¬ï©γï¨ï´ ï¡ï®δ σï¨ï¡δï¯ï·, ï´ï¨ï¥ ï¢ï¡ï´ï´ï¬ï¥ ï¯ï¦ ï´ï¨ï¥ ï´ï·ï¯ σï©δï¥σ ï¢ï¥γï©ï®σï€&# 174; ïŒï¥ï´ ïµσ ï°ρï¡ï¹ ï·ï¥ ï·ï¡ï®ï´ ï´ï¨ï¥ ï£ï¨ï¯ï©ï£ï¥, ï¬ï¥ï´ ï´ï¨ï¥ ï¡ï®ï£ï©ï¥ï® 39;´ σï£ρï©ï°ï´ïµ 61;ï¥σ ï£ï¨ï¯ï¯σï¥ ï´ï¨ï¥ ï¯ï®ï¥ï€®
 
The unseen torches that lit the area started to go out. One by one, they went out, making the area dimmer and dimmer, until it was pitch black. A wind tore through the area as the dark of the night took over the area. The voices of the men and Arrac could still be heard. The shadows in the area flowed with the wind as it blew.
 
Asuri gasped, This is absolutely amazing! What the hell are they talking about? Chosen one? Worthy of the shadow? Destiny at hand? Balance and war? They are . . . .The platform!
 
The platform rumbled. It creaked as if it was about to crumble. But from the hole came a black liquid. In a huge ball, and swirling around, it hung in the air.
 
Parr smiled. He turned to face the ball of black. This is it
 
Arrac sneaked a peek up at Parr, And so it begins.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Abruptly the wind died, and sounds disappeared. The ball rippled as a deep voice thundered from it,
 
Ceremony begins.
 
Starting search the chosen and all aspects of mind, body, and spirit.
 
Searching . . .. . . . . . searching . . . . . . . . . .
 
worthy person found.
 
Suitable person shall now be taken for ritual completion
 
Asuri leaned forward to see it better.
 
Parr smirked, This marks the beginning.
 
Sweat dripped off Arrac as he gulped in air, What have I done?
 
A Black Hand emerged form the floating sphere. It reached out towards Parr. Parr closed his eyes, ready for the hand, but it never touched him. He peeped open an eye in confusion, and gasped. The hand was reaching past him. He swerved around to see the hand heading towards some shrubbery on top of the hill above them.
 
Asuri was puzzled, “I thought that dude in black was supposed to be the one chosen. Why is it . . . .” Asuri trailed off as it hit him.
 
Its coming for me!!!
 
Asuri spun around to run away, but the hand grabbed his leg.

“Ugh!” he yelled as he tried to break free, but the liquid pulled him in. Soon his whole body was consumed. The hand pulled him back towards the sphere.
 
The crowd jostled as they tried to deduce what went wrong.
 
“We must have messed up!”
 
“No! That boy is a spy, and is trying to steal it from us!”
 
Arrac stood there in complete shock. He couldn't understand why the ritual chose this stranger, and not part of the Heritage.
 
Asuri struggled, but it was useless. He screamed as he entered the sphere. Blackness consumed him.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Parr marched up to his father, “Why didn't it work?” he demanded, “Why didn't I be chosen?”
 
Arrac looked at his son, and almost smiled. With a stern face of concern, he replied, “The ritual did work, it was meant to choose the one whose destiny was to complete this fate. Apparently, you aren't this person.”
 
Arrac raised an eyebrow, “And yet, my son, you have managed to disappoint me again.”
 
Parr was furious. He started to say something, but kept his mouth shut, and marched away.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
The crowd behind Arrac was turning into a riot.
 
“Yeah! He must be here to steal it! Why else would the ritual turn on its own heritage?”
 
“He must have tampered with the area to change the outcome of the ceremony!”
 
“Or he could have messed with the artifact beforehand!”
 
“Whatever the case, we must capture him. As soon as the boy comes out, grab him.”
 
Hundreds of men nodded, and waited for Asuri.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Asuri opened his eyes. Where am I?
 
He looked around; it appeared he was floating in some kind of different dimension. There was no ground, sky, or anything. Just swirling blackness.
 
Something caught his eye. Asuri stared harder as he saw a humanoid figure walk towards him, except it wasn't walking on anything.
 
What the???
 
The figure was completely covered in black robes. He wore a hood that spread a shadow over his face. His hands stayed in his cloak, and it as well covered his feet. Asuri strained to see him from the black surroundings. The figure spoke in a dark cold tone.
 
I am the collector. I gather wandering energies, and search for those who are worthy of them.
 
Tell me, do you wish power?
 
“I do.”
 
You may have some, but if you do have power, what will you do with it, boy?
 
“I will complete my dream, and fulfill my destiny.”
 
The collector stood silent for a moment. Then spoke again,
 
You are the person I have been searching for. Take this power, and complete your dream, as well as your fate.
 
A hand flicked out of the robe, and shot a small black fireball at Asuri. It hit him, and melted inside his chest.
 
“AAAAAAAHHHHHH!” Asuri screamed in pain. He knelt on the unseen floor below him, and writhed in the agony. The black fire swirled around his neck, and formed a necklace with a small stone at the end. The Collector floated away, but not before saying,
 
We will meet again, Asuri.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Asuri shot out of the sphere. The ball of black disappeared, and the plaque fell to the ground with a thunk. Asuri opened his eyes, and looked up, “Oh . . . “
 
Ahead of him stood the men. Many of them marched up to Asuri, fists clenched. Asuri stammered, “Ok, ok, take it easy. I'm sure we can reach an agreement that works for us all . . . .”
 
Asuri jumped back to dodge a thrown punch. He punched another coming towards him, and kicked another.
 
“Guys, this is all one big mistake!” Asuri pleaded. He ducked his head for a near kick, and rammed his fists in the guy's stomach. “You don't want to fight me!”
 
Someone in the riot screamed, “get him! He stole the power!”
 
Asuri swore under his breath, “Aw shit.”
 
He jumped aside, and kicked someone in mid air. Some of the men charged him, but Asuri fell to the ground, and tripped them. He jumped up, kneeing another in the stomach. Asuri spun around and round house kicked a group of men.
 
The crowd halted some feet from Asuri. Fear spread as they stared at Asuri.
 
He just smiled, “You want to fight? Bring it.”
 
Something crashed over his back. Asuri fell to the ground; blood and splinters ran from his back. Dazed he rolled out of the way from another hit. He blocked an attack with a cane, and spun kicked the goon in the chest.
 
The crowd regained their composure, and charged at Asuri. Asuri tried to fight back, sending a flurry of punches at the mob, many fell down but many managed to throw a bunch of punches at Asuri.
 
Asuri fell back, bruised from the crowd. He clenched his teeth, and sprinted back to dodge another wooden blow. He ran into a thin wooden pole that held the torch that lit the place.
 
Asuri looked it up and down quickly. He spun around and jarred one in the face. He grabbed another running man, and used his momentum against him. Asuri threw him into the pole.
 
“Augh!” the man screamed in pain as he broke through the shaft. Asuri grabbed the broken piece, and used it as a staff. He swung it around, clipping 4 men off. He used it to vault away, and spun it around him, stopping the countless men charging him.
 
“There's too many!” Asuri said to himself. He rolled away, and slammed the rod into the guts of a few more goons. He jumped back, and hit a wall.
 
“Oh no!” Asuri gasped as he looked around him. He was completely surrounded. In front of him and to his sides was the huge mass of men, which he had no chance of getting through. Behind him was the platform, but it is too high for him to jump, and there are men standing on it.
 
One of the cloaked men stepped out of the crowd; “Just give up!” he roared, “Give us back the power, and tell us whom you are working for!”
 
Asuri shook his head, “I don't work for anyone, this is all one big mistake!”
 
“You fool! Do you think that you can delude us like that when you are here in a completely private ceremony, and when no one in the public knew it existed? You must be a spy. It doesn't matter. We can take the power form your dead body. Once we have it, it doesn't matter who sent you.”
 
The crowd advanced towards Asuri. Sweat dripped off him as he tried to formulate a plan.
 
I've go to think, maybe if I . . . .
 
“Perhaps you could use a hand?”
 
Asuri jumped at the voice, and spun around to see who was talking to him, “Who. . . . .Who . . . .”
 
A figure in the shadows appeared, enveloped in the black Asuri strained his eyes to see it. Then it hit him; “You're a spirit!”
 
The Collector and his words of power given ran through his head. That spirit must be the power everyone is speaking about!!!
 
“Uh . . .Kid, the guys are almost at you.”
 
Asuri's attention snapped back into reality as he realized the riot was almost upon him. Without thinking he raised his hand shouted, “SPIRIT BALL, INTEGRATE!!!”
 
Asuri shoved the spirit ball into his chest, and felt the strange spirit's strength, skill, and power spread through him. Asuri smiled, and he glared up at the upcoming mass. He raised his staff, and shouted in a voice unlike his, BLACK SHADOW FLASH!
 
Asuri disappeared, and reappeared 200 hundred feet away. Hundreds of men screamed out in pain as many blows and strikes hit them all over their bodies.
 
Through the confusion and outcry, Asuri ran off into the trees.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Arrac sat dumbfounded at the whole commotion. A priest came by, and asked, “Are you alright Arrac?”
 
He nodded. The priest sighed, “We have lost the power. The thief got away and your son has disappeared too. Apparently he was disappointed that he didn't get the spirit.”
 
Arrac almost smiled. He was so happy that his son didn't get the spirit. He never trusted his son, and giving him the spirit was the wrong thing to do. He didn't want to do it, but the council gave him no choice. The events that occurred gave Arrac hope.
 
He stood, “It doesn't matter now. What is done is done. Fate decided this. Now that boy has our fate in his hands, whether he wants it or not. Let us pray on him.”
 
Arrac prayed, Please. Please give this boy strength to fight off the great power.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Asuri pulled over many miles away from Crystal Lake. He got out of the car, and sighed. Leaning up against it, he asked, “So, who the hell are you?”
 
The spirit answered back, “I was about to ask the same thing, but I shall go first.”
 
The spirit appeared in front of Asuri. It was a young man, in his 20's. He had black hair, and silver eyes. He had a dark tan, and had thin corded muscles running through his body.
 
 
“My name is Denjou.”
 
Asuri nodded, “Yeah, my name is Asuri.”
 
Denjou stared intently at Asuri, “What,” he asked, “am I doing as your guardian spirit? The ritual was supposed to choose a person from that family. Why did it choose you? Did you do something to it?”
 
Asuri was stunned. I have a guardian spirit! After all my searching, I finally have a ghost! I can do it!
 
Asuri looked up at Denjou, “The ritual wasn't wrong. It was supposed to choose the best-fit shaman to gain you. And it chose correctly, choosing me.”
 
Denjou snorted, “You are just a kid. The family I was supposed to go to be powerful and has thousands of years of training and secret arts. Why should I be with you?”
 
Asuri stared at Denjou; “Do you mean to say that you aren't going to be my ghost?”
 
Denjou chuckled, “Of course not! You are going to march right back to the family and hand me over. You have no right to have a spirit.”
 
I can't believe it! Asuri thought, I just got a spirit, and it refuses to be with me! I can't accept this; I have a dream to do, and a destiny that waits. He will be with me.
 
“The ritual . . . . . .”
 
“The ritual,” Denjou interrupted, “was wrong. It would never stray from its own lineage. This is all some big mistake.”
 
“But you must come with me!” Asuri said loudly, his voice raising to a shouting level. “I cannot allow you to leave! I have been waiting for a spirit for too long. You are the key I need to do what I must. I refuse to give you away.”
 
“You fool!” Denjou shouted, “Do you think you are adept enough to utilize me? You are just some wannabe. You have no skill, or hope, or . . . . .”
 
“Do you have any idea how long I have been searching for a spirit?”
 
Denjou smirked, “Some people look their whole life.”
 
“Well, I have,” Asuri stated. “Ever since I could walk, I hunted for a ghost so I could become a full fledged shaman. Only then I could reach my goal. I have given my whole life for my cause. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE SACRIFICED???”
 
Denjou laughed, “You could never be a shaman. You are a fool. Now take me back.”
 
“Did you volunteer to be their tool?” Asuri asked, “Do you want to spend the rest of eternity being used?”
 
Denjou frowned, “Well . . . . .no, but . . . .”
 
Asuri continued, “Well I have a use for you. Help me. With me, we can achieve my vision, my dream.”
 
“If you have such a great dream,” Denjou asked, “Why didn't you enter the Shaman Tournament?”
 
“Because,” Asuri said, “I was born too late for it. So I had to another way.”
 
Denjou frowned, “What is this dream of yours? What is it that drives you?”
 
Asuri smiled, “My dream, I want to be remembered. I want everyone in the near future to know who I was. And in so, I want power. As soon as I got a spirit, I would go on a journey around the world, and train as hard as possible to become the best. I would then fight every powerful shaman in the world. People in the whole world will shiver at the mention of my name, because they have heard of my power. I will defeat any that challenge me, and defeat all others. I will be the best.”
 
Denjou laughed, “So all this is just a lust of power. You are truly foolish.”
 
Asuri shook his head, “No, not a lust for power. For once I am powerful enough, I shall challenge the Shaman King himself.”
 
Denjou stared at Asuri, “You imbecile! You stand no chance against the Shaman King! You are naïve to even think about it!”
 
Asuri shook his head, “Wrong, I will challenge him. Whether I lose or win, people will always remember the one who fought the great battle against the Shaman King. But I do not plan to lose. I will have enough power to rival the Shaman King, and I will win.”
 
“You are an imbecile! You don't even stand a dream of a chance against him!” Denjou shouted. “The Shaman King uses the Kin of Spirits, the most powerful spirit in all of existence! No other spirit can match its great power. You are trying a lost cause.”
 
Asuri stood there smiling; “You are wrong Denjou. You and I are going to do this, and we shall defeat the Shaman King.”
 
Denjou was beet red, screaming at Asuri, “You are a fool! I am going to do nothing with you. If you don't return me to that family, they will kill you! You have no idea how powerful they are! Do you have a death wish or something?”
 
“Why do you want to go back so badly?” Asuri asked angrily, “What do they offer? They have no respect for you, or any other spirit. They lock you up in that rock, and use you to their benefit! A shaman should respect their ghost. The ghost is not a device to be wielded! You as a spirit should know this best!”
 
“Yes,” Denjou shouted, “I know, but I will never find him unless I stay with them!”
 
Denjou gasped at what he just said. The whole area quieted. Asuri smiled and nodded, “Ah, now I see.”
 
Denjou shrank back from Asuri's face. He was looking sad and desperate.
 
Asuri looked at Denjou, “What happened?” he asked softly.
 
Denjou sighed, “I . . . . .when I died, I died at the hands of my greatest enemy. I at that time also killed him. I knew he would never rest in peace, and would stay as a spirit in this world to continue his acts of evil. So I stayed behind to continue to stop him, and try to kill him off once and for all.”
 
Denjou looked up at Asuri, “When I was a spirit, that family captured me. After learning my story, they promised that at any word of my enemy they would let me be the one to fight him off. That was 4,000 years ago.”
 
Asuri nodded, “Yes. How many times have they used you, and it had nothing to do with your enemy?”
 
Denjou sighed, “Four times. And I am guessing that this would be my fifth. After they are done with me, they lock me back up. Its horrible in there.”
 
Asuri rubbed his neck, “I'm sorry.”
 
Denjou nodded back, “I am too.”
 
They waited there in the dark of the night. Then Asuri stood up, “c'mon, lets go to my place.” Denjou nodded, and they got in the vehicle.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Asuri drove in the dead of night. The clock shone 2:25 am. Denjou sat in the passenger seat, staring ahead blankly.
 
Asuri looked over at him and asked, “Who are you? All I really know is your name.”
 
Denjou smiled, “I guess I could tell you that. My name is Denjou, as you know. When I was alive I was a shadow adept. That means I had the ability to draw power from shadows and use it in any way I want, to fight, or teleport, or create. Anything. When I was a teen, I was drafted to a secret guild, though I can't tell you the name, its purpose was to keep peace among all lands, and more. Three others and I was specially chosen for a special mission, to stop all plans and kill my enemy, the greatest wizard of all time.”
 
Asuri stared at Denjou; “You fought against the wizard!”
 
“You know of the wizard?”
 
Asuri shook his head, “Not much. My parents told me about him. The greatest power in all of history. In far away lands, lands I could never dream of, he tried to rule, but a group of four managed to stop him, and they all died together. That was you!”
 
Denjou smiled weakly, “Yeah, that's me.”
 
Asuri laughed, “Wow! You must have been extremely powerful when you were alive.”
 
Denjou nodded, “Yes. But at the end, my power and all my friends was just enough to kill that Wizard. We all died. I know my friends passed over, but I stayed behind. And here I am.”
 
Asuri shook his head in disbelief, “I never would have realized I would meet such a powerful person! I dreamt about you many times. You were my childhood hero when my mother told me that story.”
 
Denjou looked at Asuri, “What does your parents think about you doing all this?”
 
Asuri chuckled, “My parents. There's a fun topic. In general, they don't care. They are enforcers, so they are always gone. They don't take care of us at all anymore. The will be happy to see us off.”
 
“So it's been mostly you?”
 
Asuri nodded, “Me, my sister, and a few friends. That's my family.”
 
The rest of the ride was silence.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Asuri pulled into his driveway. He turned to Denjou,
 
“Okay, I've got a deal for you. You help me achieve my goal. We travel together, get powerful, and become friends. And in return, as long as I have a single breath in me I shall search for the Wizard's spirit, and we shall destroy him together. After that, you are free to pass over.”
 
Denjou nodded, “Sounds good Asuri, partners?” he held his hand out. Asuri smiled, “Partners.” They shook hands as well as they could, being they couldn't actually touch.
 
Asuri laughed, “Just in time too. Social Services were getting pretty suspicious of us. Now be quiet, we can't let my sister catch us.”
 
Denjou laughed, “Okay, introduce me to the family.”
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Parr sat on the ground, fuming about the ritual. I should have been the one! I deserve power! Not that punk kid! I must get my revenge on him, but with what?
 
Parr closed his eyes tight, and reopened them. He was in complete darkness. He stood up puzzled, and then heard a voice,
 
I am the collector. I gather wandering energies, and search for those who are worthy of them . . . . .
 
 
End of Chapter 3
 
 
 
 
Author's notes: Well I'm loving all of this. Now that we have a shaman, let the action begin! I promise lots of action, adventure, and storyline! I haven't got any review yet, so please give me a comment. Anything you didn't like, tell me! Luv all you fans!!!