Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Prince Diaries ❯ Me? A Prince? Shut Up! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Proudly presenting my movie / Fanfic, I mean…
 
THE PRINCE DIARIES
 
- For Every Boy Who's Never
Dreamed Of Becoming A Prince.
 
 
-----------------------------
 
 
 
CHAPTER ONE: Me? A Prince? Shut Up!
 
 
 
-----------------------------
 
Another day at Yoh's school...
 
"Okay, band practice is over! It's time for the choir!" Mr. Utau said to Hao and Horo Horo, who were dancing as Ellie played the piano and Yoh hit the drum.
 
The rest of the "cool" guys left and the coir settled themselves in their assembly.
 
"Um, Lyserg, do you want to stay here on the front?" Yoh asked him.
 
"Oh, no problem." He replied and they switched places. Yoh was now standing beside Manta.
 
"Let's sing the song 'Catch A Falling...'. Anna?" their conductor faced Anna, who was silently sitting on the side with her keyboard. She started playing the intro.
 
 
"Are you sure you can't go with me on the opposition?" Manta asked Yoh.
 
"No, sorry I'm gonna see my grand father." He replied.
 
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away...
 
"Oh okay," Manta said sadly...
 
 
 
-----------------------------
 
Yoh was now walking on the street where he's supposed to meet his grandfather. A large and wide estate shocked him when he saw the number of the place.
 
"25? This large place? Fu---" he muttered. He hit the buzzer.
 
A security camera flashed on him. Yoh spoke to the receiver.
 
"I'm here for meeting my grand father," he said.
 
"Name?"
 
"Yohmei Asakura."
 
"Oh, please come to the front door."
 
The large gate opened and he came in. He used the grass as his shortcut. Suddenly...
 
"Get off the grass!"
 
("Get off the grass" in different languages.)
 
"Woah, geez. What the hell was that?" Yoh thought. "Very weird!"
 
 
 
-----------------------------
 
"Welcome, Mr. Asakura." A man in the security said to him. "A pleasant afternoon."
 
His bag was being inspected. "Be careful, dude." Yoh said as he grinned.
 
"Your things are safe, sir."
 
"Right this way," the woman said. "Please make yourself comfortable."
 
Yoh sat down on the couch. It was soft and he grinned widely. "Man, I sure didn't regret this visit..."
 
Somebody came in again to greet him. Yoh stood up. He bowed his head down. "Konnichiwa."
 

"I'm Kalim, from Izumo attaché corps." He said to him. "Now sit down, and he'll be here in a moment."
 
 
"No need..." a voice said. Someone was going down the stairs. "Yoh, I'm so glad you could come!"
 
"Hi!" he greeted as he waved his hands.
 
Yohmei Asakura walked gently towards them. "Thank you, Kalim."
 
Kalim bowed down. "Well, let me look at you..." Yohmei said to Yoh.
 
"You look so..." he started at him for a moment. "...Carefree..."
 
Yoh grinned. "Thanks!" he looked at Yohmei this time.
 
"And you look so... Serious!"
 
Yohmei was dumbfounded at what his grand son appears to be.
 
"Kalim, would you go and check tea in the garden?"
 
"Hai." Kalim left.
 
"Please, sit." Yoh and Yohmei sat down.
 
"So... um... my guardian Shilva said you want to talk with me about something."
 
"Oh, before that, there's something I want to give you." He handed him a sword sheath.
 
"Thanks!" Yoh looked at it, "Wow, this sure is a relic. I wonder how much this costs..."
 
"Don't you think of selling that!" Yohmei exclaimed. "It's Izumo's Harusame. That belonged to a great ancient warrior and it's our clan's heirloom."
 
"Sou ka..." then Yoh suddenly dropped the sheath. "oops!"
 
"And that sheath belongs to my great grand father..." Yohmei added.
 
"Don't worry, gramps! I'll take good care of it!" then he placed it on his large back pack which sounded like there's a lot of metals inside of it.
 
"So what would you want to tell me?"
 
"Something I think that will have a great impact on your life."
 
"Uh... I have no clue..." Yoh said.
 
Kalim came. "The tea is served, sir..." he said.
 
 
 
-----------------------------
 
They all went outside to the garden. As they were having ea, Yoh seems to have no manners at all. Yohmei sighed at the sight of this, and he suddenly spoke.
 
"Um... Yoh, have you heard of Mikihisa Asakura?"
 
"No."
 
"He was the crown prince of Izumo."
 
"What about him?"
 
"Mikihisa Asakura is your real father."
 
Yoh suddenly burst into laughter. "Yeah, sure! My dad is the crown prince of Izumo! U huh. You're joking!" he said, tapping the table continuously as he laughed.
 
"Why would I joke about that?"
 
"No! No, because if he's the real crown prince, then I'm..."
 
Yoh was cut-off by Yohmei. "Exactly. You're not just an ordinary boy, you are Yoh Asakura, heir of the throne of Izumo."
 
"Me? A Prince? Shut up!" he exclaimed.
 
Yohmei was rather surprised by this. "I beg your pardon? Shut up?"
 
A maid came to him. "Your highness, shut up is just one of the slang words used here at Japan. It could mean stop it or---"
 
"Oh thanks, I understand it already." He said as he calmed down. "Yoh, you are the crown prince, and I am the King."
 
"Why on earth would you pick me as your prince?"
 
"Since your annoying father went to a journey and abandoned the palace, you need to take over his place and duties. That's our law. Your mom is royal by marriage, and we are royal by blood." He explained. "You can rule the country too."
 
"Rule?" he stood up. "Oh no, no, no... I can't do that! I never lead anybody."
 
"Please..." Yoh continued. "My expectation in life is to be invisible, and I'm good at it."
 
"But you're the legal heir to the throne of Izumo! This is even like a dream come true!" Yohmei insisted. "Oh... I can give you books and teach you to walk, talk, sit, stand, eat and dress like a prince! I think as time goes by, you'll find the palace in Izumo a great place to live."
 
"Live in Izumo? Woah! Rewind and freeze!"
 
Yohmei was so shocked by the way he's acting about it.
 
 
"I'm no prince and I'm still waiting for normal body parts to arrive. I refuse to move to and rule a country and you know another reason?" he asked.
 
"I DON'T WANT TO BE A PRINCE!"
 
He ran away quickly.
 
"Yoh! Asakura Yoh! Come back here!"
 
"Oh well, that didn't work our as we planned," the woman earlier said.
 
"Kino, go after the boy."
 
The woman planted her hands on her hips. "As the head of your household, you want me to baby-sit and chauffeur at the same time?"
 
"Yes, cause that boy needs protection!"
 
Yoh continued to run as fast as he could...
 
 
 
-----------------------------
 
To be continued