Shugo Chara Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Utau's Best Friend ❯ Meetings and Reuniting ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Summary: Utau's best friend and fellow celebrity. Kagome Higurashi is coming over. Not only is Kagome a model for Sesshoumaru's company but is Ikuto's rival in music. How is everyone going to react when they find out she has her own Shugo Charas? And will the two rivals develop feelings for one another especially with Utau giving explicit consent to Kagome for getting together with her own brother.
AN: Pairings for this story have already been decided so please do not push for a certain pairing or anything specific to happen.
"Speech"
'Thoughts'
Age:
Ikuto = 17
Kagome =16
Utau = 15
Kukai = 12
Amu, Tadase, Nagihiko, Rima, Souta = 11
Yaya = 10
Kairi = 9
Disclaimer: I do NOT own either Inuyasha or Shugo Chara! If I did I would be one very rich girl. Now let the story begin!


Inside Seiyo Academy
"Konichiwa minna," called Amu as she hurried over to the group of kids just outside of the Royal Garden .
"Konichiwa Amu-chan," was the reply she received as she neared the group that was huddled outside of their usual meeting place and staring at the front gate of their elementary school. "What are you guys looking at?" questioned Amu as she tried see what was so interesting about the front gate.
"You don't see person at the gate do you?" scoffed Rima as she towards Amu with a haughty look on her face. Hearing the reply to her question, Amu face started to turn red from her anger and was just about to start yelling at Rima.

Seeing her anger, Nagihiko quickly distracted her by answering her question. "She's talking about the girl at the front gate, she seems to be waiting for someone'" placated Nagihiko.
"Oh..." was all Amu could say, now that her anger had been quelled. Now knowing what her fellow Guardians were looking at, she took a few steps forward and looked for the girl that was suppose to be at the gate. Seeing the girl, Amu was immediately in awe of the girl's beauty and Miki was already trying to draw the older girl in her sketchpad. From where she was standing, Amu was only able to see that the girl appeared to be around Ikuto's and Utau's age with a pretty toned body and that she stood at possibly around five feet and half with long raven, possibly even blue colored hair. The girl, she noticed, was also wearing an expensive looking dress that was in a light color. "Sugoi..." breathed out Amu as she took in what she could see of the older girl's image, while Suu and Ran continued to ohh and ahh about the girl.
"Waa! Yaya wants to meet her! She looks really pretty!" Yaya suddenly exclaimed while jumping in front of the group and turning around to face everyone with her hands clasped behind her back and Pepe floating around next to her.
"Hai Yuuki-san," answered out Tadase, the school's current King's chair Guardian, as he started to follow Yaya as she headed over to the older girl. "We should also find out she wants and she's here. She seems suspicious." With that said the group proceeded to follow the other two Guardians to question the older girl with their shugo chara trailing behind them.
"Matte minna," called out Amu. "Don't you guys think that it's a little rude to ask someone why they're here at our school. It is, after all, public property."
"True," replied Rima, after a little thinking as she followed the other Guardians.
"But it is our school."

~*~*~*~*~
Seiyo Academy Front Gate
"Where is she?" grumbled an extremely pretty, but also irritated blue haired girl. The girl appeared to be sixteen, and she stood at five feet five inches with long dark blue nearly black hair cascading down her back. She was also currently wearing what seemed to be an expensive blue designer dress, which had several different shades of blue and layers adorning it. On her shoulder hung a matching dark blue spaghetti strapped purse with butterfly designs on it. "She told me to meet her here after work."
Just as she finished mumbling that to herself, the girl noticed a small group of elementary schoolers of various ages heading in her direction with what looked like little dolls flying behind and following them. Seeing them, the girl decided to ignore them and continued to search for her missing friend. Just as she finished another scan of the street in front of her, the girl was interrupted in her search by a tap on her shoulder. Turning around to see who had touched her, the girl noticed that it was the blond boy from the group of students that she had noticed earlier and he had with him one the floating dolls with him dressed like he was royalty or something. Now that she was able to see the doll closer the girl noticed it was actually a shugo chara.
'Now I'm glad I let them go ahead to explore this town,' thought the girl as she began to play with her dress. Behind the boy was, she was guessing, everyone else that was in the group. Nearly each person in the group, she noticed, had at least one shugo chara and was wearing either a red or a blue checkered cape.
"Miss, who are you and what you are waiting for?" asked the blond boy in blue that had led the group of kids to her.

"Oh konichiwa chibi-tachi," greeted the girl a bit surprised that the kids had wanted to talk to her and completely ignoring the boy's question. "Can I help you with something?" she questioned politely as she leaned down a little to talk to the kids.
"Yeah!" answered a little girl with carrot red hair tied up into pigtails excitedly with a few shugo chara cheering her on from behind. "You can help us by telling us who you are and what you're up to!"
"You know it's only polite to introduce yourself first before asking for someone else's name, ne?" commented the pretty girl, a little put off by the rudeness of the child.
"In that case watashi wa Hotori Tadase, current King's chair," said the same rude blond boy from before. "And these are my fellow school Guardians." With that said each person began to introduce his or herself, starting with the long dark purple haired boy. "Konichiwa," the boy greeted her with a polite bow.
"Watashi wa Fujisaki Nagihiko, Jack's chair." Surprisingly, to the girl, Nagihiko did not have shugo chara like the rest. 'I thought for sure that each of these kids would have at least one shugo chara each. I guess his still hasn't hatched yet. Where have I heard that name?' the girl mentally shrugged off her confusion over the boys name and focus in on the next person.
Next was a short, but overly cute girl with long wavy blond hair and surprisingly she was the person to have a shugo chara dressed as a clown. 'She's adorable, but Utau-chan looks better than her. I wonder why she wants to be clown though,' thought the older girl. "Mashiro Rima, Queen's chair," was the quick and blunt introduction the little girl gave.
After her was the same carrot red haired girl that had demanded her name and business. " Gomen nasai," apologized the little carrot topped girl from before, who obviously was the youngest of the group and unsurprisingly she had the only shugo chara that was dressed as if he was a baby. "Watashi wa Yuiki Yaya, Ace's chair."

Finally the last person in the group was a short bubblegum pink haired girl, who was the only person in the group who did not adorn a red or blue cape. "Hinamori Amu, Joker's chair," introduced the pink haired girl. Flying just behind the pinkette were three female shugo charas each with a card suit clip on her hat. 'Well that's a surprise. I didn't think there would be a person who had nearly as many shugo charas as I do,' thought the girl with her head tilted to the side as she stared at the group in slight wonder.

"Now that we have introduced ourselves, who are you and what are you doing here?" demanded the blond boy now known as Tadase.
"You don't have to be so rude chibi-san, you're not king or anything," retorted the girl as she privately thought, 'Even if your shugo chara us dressed like one.' nonchalantly the girl continued with her introduction, "Anyways, watashi wa Higurashi Kagome and I'm just here waiting for a friend of mine."
As soon as her surname had left her lips, Nagihiko's eyes lit up in recognition. "You're The Higurashi Kagome?" questioned Nagihiko a bit hesitantly as if he was talking to one of his idols or a great celebrity.
"Um yeah I guess," replied the now identified Kagome, who was slightly frightened that the not actually knew or appeared to know about her.
"Nagihiko-kun, you know who she is?" questioned Amu who was just as surprised as everyone else that Nagihiko knew who this older girl was.
"Hai," Nagihiko replied quickly and then began how he knew her. "Kagome-sama's family has played the music for my family's performances for generations. Kagome-sama has played for my family's performances for several years, even back when I had just started to perform for an audience."
"That's where I remember your name from," piped in Kagome finally remembering Nagihiko's family and as she remembered her form slowly relaxed again. "I used to play the erhu for your family's shows and dances. You were so cute back then with your hair all tied up."
"Hehe…," Nagihiko laughed nervously, while hoping Amu didn't catch the hint that was just given of his identity. Seeing that Amu clearly didn't catch the hint he continued, "So who are you waiting for Kagome-sama?"
"Like I said before, I'm just waiting for my friend to finally show up," responded Kagome a little irritated as she was just reminded of who was keeping her waiting. "She was supposed to be here around twenty minutes ago."
"So you two do know each other?" questioned Yaya just to make sure she had her facts right as she looked back and forth between the two dark haired individuals. Two immediate "hai" were her only answer as the two old friends continued to lightly converse.
"So, how have the last four years been since you've stopped performing for us?" questioned Nagihiko, wanting to know what one of his oldest friends has been up to.
"It's been hectic. The last year was the worst ever with both my job and school," groaned out Kagome as she thought back about the time she spent traveling in the sengoku era hunting the shikon no tama. "I'm still playing music but I mostly play the piano and violin now. So what have you been up to?"

"Not much," replied Nagihiko while shrugging his shoulders. "Just the usual."

"So in other words, you've been dancing and playing basketball again?" receiving a positive nod, Kagome continued on. "Hey do you remember the company I modeled for when we were little?"
"Hai. How can I forget. When you use to drag me and your otouto there and dress us up to fit us into your photo shoots."
"Hehe... gomen nasai Nagi-kun but you just looked absolutely perfect as the little girl I needed you and Souta to be."
"How come you didn't take Nadeshiko to model with you instead?" questioned Amu curiously as she tried to piece together that the older girl knew both Nadeshiko and Nagihiko. "I mean wouldn't it be less humiliating for Nagihiko-kun because he has a sister."
'Who's Nadeshiko? And when did Nagi-kun have a sister?' Kagome mentally questioned hereslf. Just as she was about to answer the pinkette's question, Kagome caught Nagihiko's look of pleading and desperation and quickly changed her original answer. "I would have taken her if she was ever there when I needed her. Shiko-chan was always off doing dance practice or something when I needed another person to model with me."
"So you really use to model Nagihiko-kun?" asked an excited Yaya as she bounced over to Nagihiko.
"Ano... hai Yaya-chan," stuttered out Nagihiko as he slowly backed away from Yaya, who just so happened to have a bubbly and dreamy look to her eyes.
"Can we see the pictures?"
"Ano... sumimasen Yaya-chan. I didn't keep any pictures, it was too embarrassing to see them all the time," answered Nagihiko as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

"Don't worry Nagi-kun you won't ne seeing those pictures, but my okaa-san did send some copies of our old modeling pictures to your okaa-san," commented Kagome, not really knowing the danger she was putting herself in. "In fact I have some in my purse."
"Really?" exclaimed Yaya. "Can we please see them?"
"Ano…sure, why not," replied Kagome as she reached for her purse and started to open it. Before she was able to take out the old photos, her purse was already missing from her hands. Blinking a few times before looking up from her hands, Kagome then turned towards who she suspected had taken her purse and to her credit she was right. Right in front of her was Nagihiko clutching her purse and futilely trying to hide it from view. "Nagi-kun, don't you want your friends to see you as a kid?"
"Uh…I wouldn't mind if they did," Nagihiko commented.
"Then why won't you let your friends see them?"
"Demo, I don't want them to see me like that."
"How about I only show them one, instead of the whole set, ne?"

"Ano…alright. Wait you carried the whole album with you?"
"Yeah I was going to show my friend some pictures of when we were little kids, while we caught up with each other."
"Alright, they can see them," Nagihiko said in resignation as he handed back the purse to Kagome. "But only one."
Taking back her purse, Kagome quickly took out her picture album and searched through it for the perfect picture of her, Nagihiko, and her little brother. Quickly locating the perfect picture, she gently took it out of its plastic bindings and showed the other kids its content.
All of the Guardians, except Nagihiko quickly gathered around Kagome to see the picture. In the picture was what appeared to be three little girls, two at about the age of five and the last at the age of eleven, and each girl had a different eye and hair color from each other. The oldest girl had long dark brown hair and ruby red eyes, while one the younger girls who looked the most similar to the older girl had short silver hair and honey brown eyes. The last girl had long purple hair, like Nagihiko, but had shiny pink colored eyes instead of his normal purple. All three girls were wearing a floor length dress in different designs. The girls were also arranged to sit together with the eldest in the middle and the two younger leaning into or against her. Once the group of kids finished examining the the picture, Amu voiced the question was running through everyone's head, "Ano Higurashi-san this is a beautiful picture but where are you and Nagihiko?"
Looking up from the picture, Amu saw Kagome stifling a giggle while Nagihiko was looking thoroughly embarrassed. "What's so funny?" questioned Rima who did not understand what was so funny about the picture. Behind Amu and Rima, one could see that Tadase was slowly connecting the facts of Nagihiko being forced to crossdress at that age, but was still confused about the eye color.
Unable to contain herself anymore Kagome burst into a fit of giggles while clutching her stomach with her arms. All the while Kagome was laughing to herself, Nagihiko just turned an even darker shade of red. Kagome's laughter just confused the group of elementary schoolers even more still not understanding the photo.
"That is Nagi-kun, right there," commented Kagome, between giggles, as she pointed to the only purple haired girl in the picture.
"WHAT!" exclaimed every single one of the Guardians, all except for Nagihiko who just buried his face into his hands.

"How's that possible?" exclaimed Amu, who at the moment was not being very bright.

"Yeah," agreed Yaya. "The two don't even have the same eye color!"

Abruptly Kagome stopped laughing as she could not believe how stupid these kids could be. "Have you guys truly never heard of contacts before?" questioned Kagome with a deadpan expression plastered on her face.

"Yeah and what does that have to do with this?" asked Rima slightly offended that someone thought they wouldn't know what contacts are.

"Nagi-kun, are you really friends with baka-tachi?" questioned Kagome with pleading eyes, hoping that Nagihiko would tell her she was wrong.

"Hey! What's that suppose to mean?" exclaimed Amu, who was upset for being called an idiot.

"She means I was wearing colored contacts for the picture," said Nagihiko exasperatedly, as he too could not believe the stupidity of his friends. "And right now sadly yes, they are my friends."

"What's that suppose to mean Nagihiko!" exclaimed Yaya.

"It means that you kids are stupid and can't even tell your own friend apart from a stranger or his sister." Kagome explained as if it was no big deal that the group of kids were offended by her comment. "Now if you look at the picture more closely, you can see the resemblance between the purple haired girl and our dear Nagihiko"

Following Kagome's directions, the Guardians looked more closely at the purple haired girl and indeed she was right. Now that they were looking at it closer the girl in the picture had nearly the same shaped face and colored skin as Nagihiko, the only difference between the two was the hair style and eye color. Now seeing that the girl in the picture was indeed Nagihiko the group finally realized how dumb they were actually being. The group except Rima, who was still mad about being called and idiot, immediately began apologizing to Kagome and Nagihiko for yelling at them.

"Now that we know that Nagihiko did dress as a girl when he was, where are you in this picture?" interrupted Rima as she pointed to the picture that was still in Kagome's hand.

"You guys seriously can't tell who I am in here?" questioned Kagome. Receiving a negative nod to her question, Kagome just sighed and pointed to the brown haired girl in the middle and explained, "We're all wearing either wigs and contacts or both."

"Oh…" was all the Guardians except Nagihiko were able to say. Quickly putting the picture back into the album and the album back into her purse, Kagome was ready to go look for her friend.

"Well if that's all I'll be going soon. Syaonara minna and ja ne Nagi-kun see you at your next family performance." Called Kagome as she was about to walk away.

"Ja ne Kagome-sama," called Nagihiko.

"Syaonara Higurashi-san!" yelled the other Guardians.
Just as the Guardians had finished calling out their farewell, a pretty blond girl around Kagome's walked over to them while calling, "Kagome-chan!" Abruptly turning at the sound of her name, Kagome noticed it was her best friend calling her. Quickly replying to her friend's greeting as she ran over to give her friend a hug, she replied, " Utau-chan! What took you so long? I've been waiting for the past half hour minutes here!"
"Sumimasen Kagome-chan, Sanjo-san kept me in longer than what we normally worked," apologized and explained the now identified Utau as she returned her dear friend's hug.
"Alright, I'll forgive you this time. Next time, call me when going to be late, ne?" said Kagome as she pulled out of the hug. Taking in her friend's current image, Kagome saw that Utau was wearing her typical black long sleeved knee length dress. "Well come on we have a lot of catching up to do, so where do you want to go first?"
"Let's go eat. I'm sure we both haven't eaten lunch yet," commented Utau. And as if right on cue, Kagome's stomach grumbled lowly.

Laughing sheepishly in embarrassment Kagome quickly asked, "So where do you want to go eat?"
"I know this really good ramen shop, that' just a few blocks away," suggested Utau.
"Does it have oden?"
Laughing lightly at friend's odd addiction to her favorite food, Utau quickly nodded in a positive. "Alright then, let's go," called out Kagome. With that said the two friends proceeded to head off to the ramen shop with Utau leading the way.
Behind the two fiends were our obviously forgotten Guardians, who had stiffened up upon the arrival of one of their enemies, Hoshina Utau. Once the two friends had finally walked off together was when the Guardians relaxed their stiff postures. "We're going to have to watch out for Higurashi-san, especially if she's friends with Utau and Ikuto," commented Tadase, not even looking away from the two older girls' backs as they walked off to their destination. "Even if she is a family friend of your Fujisaki-san, she may very well be working for Easter."
"Hai!" was resounding answer from everyone in the group of children and their shugo charas. With their interrogation turned reunion over with, the children all dispersed to go do their own thing. Some heading home and others going to meet up with other friends.


AN: Hehehe…sorry guys if everybody seems OOC but truthfully I think everybody in the Guardians, but Nagihiko and Kairi, to be an extremely stupid bunch of brats. I hope you liked it and please read and review. Criticism please!

Also pictures for this story are on my profile. Thank you for reading!