Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A Fox's Life ❯ Panic... ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Standard disclaimers apply. Me broke, don't sue!!! ^_^;;

By the time my cousin had uploaded this, I may already be in New York with my family so I guess I may not have reasonable time where I can write the next chappie (for this and my other progressing fic) or even upload it. But I have managed to finish this succeeding chap so that it won't get left behind so much. @_@;

Oh well… on with it.

"A Fox's Life"

Chapter 9: "Panic"

The game finished half an hour before Michiru came. Expectators were already leaving the gym as Michiru parked her car beside their Coach's. She ran directly towards the boys' locker room at the backside of the sports center. She met up with some of her boyfriend's co-players and asked them where he might be.

"He's still inside, Ms. Michiru," Koneko Souta told her. "I think he was still taking his shower when I left."

She smiled. "Thanks."

Knocking at the boy's locker room, she called her boyfriend from outside. "Kaede! Kaede-kun! Its me, Michi!" she bellowed.

No answer was heard.

"Kaede…?" she called again. Attempting to knock again, she changed her mind and turned away.

Where is he?

Half-running, half-walking, she passed by some of her cheerdance mates who just shrugged when she seemed to didn't mind them in her hurry.

Oh no please… I hope he's not angry.

But knowing Rukawa…

W-well I hope NOT TOO angry…

She continued to run into some of their friends when a hand patted her shoulder. "A-aya-chan! You startled me," she gasped. "Have you seen Kaede-kun? I thought he was still in the locker room but when I…"

Michiru stopped when she saw Ayako's expression. "Is anything wrong…?"

Ayako eyed her for a while. Cringing at the thought of the afternoon games, she wailed her head. "Where have you been, Mi-chan? Rukawa-kun was looking all over for you during the game," her face tensed up in concern. "Didn't you know he almost lost his drive to play? Looking around while at game?"

The prettier girl was quiet. She knew it, she knew he would get mad if she did not watch his game. Now she really blew it.

"Where were you?"

"Our principal told me to check on Sayo High's line-up for their games tomorrow," she began. "So I went there and did what I was told. I can't just ignore the job, we're this year's host remember?"

"The game started after lunch. If it was just for the line-up as you say it is Mi-chan, then… what took you so long? I mean, you could've called us or anything…"

Michiru felt her eyes narrowing as she gazed directly at the their team's manager. "Are you suspecting me or something, Ayako? Are you trying to say that I did miss my boyfriend's game on purpose?" she snarled.

Ayako shook her head. Tossing back her curly hair behind her shoulder she tried to explain back. "I don't mean anything, Mi-chan," she said carefully. "What I'm just saying is that, you know how you affect Rukawa-kun's game. And with your absence a while ago influenced his performance greatly that the team was also affected. What he feels reflects the team's feelings-and as manager I don't want to watch helplessly as my team gets lost just because their Ace is thinking of something other than the game…" her voice seemed to crack.

"… and what happened today is just so depressing, though we didn't lost-I just felt Rukawa hadn't did his best because he wasn't inspired enough," she looked at Michiru. "Its his first game, you know how important your presence is during times like these…"

Michiru toyed with her fingers, "I know, I know. Its just that I-"

What? I played with Sayo's Basketball team captain? That you even played a one-on-one game of volleyball with him?

No!

"-I just forgot about the time, that's all."

Ayako sighed. "Very well then, I guess what you have to say will have to wait for the right person to hear that," she said. "And I tell you its not gonna be easy, Mi-chan. We both know Rukawa-kun, don't we?"

Michiru bit her lips blue. She suddenly felt afraid to face her boyfriend. "W-where do you think he went, Aya-chan? Is he still here?"

"I don't think so. He left immediately after the game. When I asked him where he was going he didn't even bother to answer me," Ayako told her. "He rode a cab, by the way."

Michiru closed her eyes. She could imagine Rukawa's face right now… Oh gosh.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Where could he be? She said to herself upon entering her room. Fear had already found itself sneaking up on her as she called his house but found his answering machine greeting her instead a while ago.

He could've called…

"Miss Michi…?"

"Y-yes?"

"Sir Kaede is at the living room right now…" the maid called softly.

Michiru almost jumped in excitedness upon hearing Rukawa's name. She padded down the hallway of their mansion swiftly to the living area.

And he was there, his back on her, hands inside his jacket. He still hadn't come home…?

She called to him softly, almost inaudibly. "Kaede-kun…"

Rukawa turned to face her, his lips pressed firmly. His features void of any expression.

Upon seeing his mug reaction, she felt her heart thump in fear. "H-honey I…"

Only in split second, Rukawa had her crushed in his embrace. He buried his face against her dark tresses. He sighed heavily on her cheek.

Michiru gasped in surprise. She felt his arms trembling around her, as if it didn't want to let go. She sensed his anxious aura. "Kaede-kun…? What's the matter?" she whispered.

Rukawa only answered her by gripping her more tightly against him. Trying to press her closer to him by the second. "Michiru…"

"Hmmm…?"

"I love you."

Michiru peered to him under her lashes. She doesn't understand why he acts this way. But the way it goes, she liked the feeling. "I love you too, honey. I-I'm sorry if I wasn't…"

"Sshh," he said, putting a finger against her lips. "Its over. I've forgotten about it."

Michiru pulled away from his embrace. Staring directly in his eyes, as if finding the truth with what he said, she replied. "A-are you sure?"

Rukawa nodded. "Hai."

He still forgives me after what I've done…

Kaede Rukawa, what did you ever do to deserve this? She tearfully threw herself around him once again and found themselves tumbling in a couch.

Thank you for reading. Please make SukiHunny happy, please review! Thanks! Ja! ^_*