Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A Fox's Life ❯ Peaceful Waters ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Standard disclaimers apply.

I'm already back here in Manila since last Friday. Currently I'm workin' on some school stuffs I'm catching up due to the 'sudden call', and starting on Monday I'm gonna be on a 3-day retreat. Yup! I'm actually excited about it. Can't wait for Monday! *jumps* Its just that I've always wanted to have a 'getaway' from all of these pressures and probs and everything… just to finally have some quiet time for myself and have the time to spend some time with God and be able to thank him that I'm still breathing despite the things that I've been going through everyday. I'm also thanking him coz I really had a nice time going back home in N.Y and I'm happy to be with my family once again. I find them fine and healthy… and that's what's important, I guess.

I wrote this chapter on the plane, FYI. ::Yay!::

Yah, yah… the story, I know… ^_^x

"A Fox's Life"

Chapter 10: Peaceful Waters

In school that morning…

"Hey! Did you hear about the latest rumor?"

"About what?"

"Rukawa-kun and Michiru had already broken up!"

"R-REALLY?? Oh-my-gosh! This is the chance I've been waiting for!"

"…"

"I'll make sure Rukawa-kun's gonna be mine!"

"???"

"Hah! I bet he will be SOONER, just wait and see…"

"Ey, where did you get that news from, anyway?"

"Didn't you watch the game yesterday? Rukawa-kun was out of concentration. Some said that Michiru had chose to date someone else instead of coming over to watch his game…"

"What a bitch, huh?"

"Yeah. Poor Rukawa-kun! I wonder if he's coming here today…"

"…"

"W-why? What are you looking at-?"

"Take a look for yourself, dear."

Michiru and Rukawa was approaching school using his bike. Michiru was behind him and leaning on his back for support. The girl looked exuberant as he cautiously cycled his way to his bike's corner in the parking lot. He gentlemanly assisted Michiru as she got off the bike. It seemed that Rukawa had fetched her from her house like he always would every morning. Though his face was void of any expression, one would sense that they were talking lively from the unusual sparkle of their eyes. Indeed, there was no trace of break-up in their actions. Michiru was tugging alongside him and chuckles lightly.

Rukawa carried her knapsack with his right hand while he carried with his left shoulder his own gym bag. They were greeted happily by Michiru's co-council officers and proceeded inside the building, chatting continuously.

The girls who were talking about them a while ago were speechless at that moment.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Mi-chan!"

Michiru had just came out from the science laboratory when she heard Ayako calling from the other end of the corridor.

Smiling brightly, she greeted her when she got closer. "Ohayou, Aya-chan! You still got classes?"

Ayako looked puzzled. She couldn't believe that the girl who was dead worried last night is the same girl that is smiling at her as if nothing happened. "Ohayou Michiru!" she stuttered. "Yeah, I still have one at 9am. Bummer…"

"I'm off to the canteen now. You wanna join me and Kaede-kun?"

"S-sure!"

They walked down to the canteen and immediately saw Rukawa who had already brought out their food. Michiru exclaimed upon seeing their lunch. "H-honey! These are my favorites!" she beamed, gazing at him without batting an eyelash.

"I know. Mother made them for you," he replied.

His girlfriend was speechless. "Oh that was so sweet of your Mom! I haven't seen her since last month, though. And I think I would wanna thank her personally when we go home."

"On one condition…" he pointed out. "You drive the bike."

Michiru pouted at his jest. Ayako giggled as she imagined her driving the bike with Rukawa leaning heavily on her. "If I were you I'd rather walk, Mi-chan! Haha!"

"Yeah I know. If one has a giant oaf for a boyfriend, I'd very much choose to commute than carry him all the way to his house," Michiru retorted.

When they were about to eat, Michiru felt something strange. She felt 'eyes' feasting on them.

She side glanced at anybody she thought that was looking at them. And she wasn't wrong, for she caught many of them.

Dropping her chopsticks, "OH-KAY. What's going on…?"

Ayako and Rukawa were both surprised. "M-mi-chan?"

Sighing heavily, she pointed to a group of girls near the drinking fountain. And another near the cashier. "I don't know but I think I have a feeling the PAPARAZZIS are at it again…"

Confirming his girlfriend's observation, Rukawa asked. "What's their problem, Ayako?"

Ayako sipped from her glass of lemonade before she spoke, "Owww, don't mind them. Somebody spreaded rumors about the two of you breaking-up…"

"WHAT??" The two of them said instantly.

"Yup! And from what I've heard, the reason was that you-Mi-chan-had cheated on Rukawa-kun," Ayako continued.

Michiru's brow arched. " Is that so? Hmp! That is so unfair! Why does it always have to be me that's the one having a third party or whatsoever, here? Why can't I be the damsel-in-distress for once…?"

Ayako shrugged. "Well it just means that they're envious of you, that's all. And those stupid rumor-mongers have a lot of reason to envy you about."

Michiru breathed heavily. Indeed, many are looking forward to their break-up, boys and girls alike. She admits that there are still thick-faced numbskulls who still insists their gifts on her but to no avail-a thing that she never disclosed to Rukawa, for she doesn't think of it as one big deal.

She and Rukawa made it as the much talked about and watched couple in the face of Tomigaoka. Their class adviser, Ms. Ani would always instill on her the value on having such a one-of-a-kind boyfriend in Rukawa-for she knows him since he was in kindergarten. And for that she loved him more. She admits to herself that she can never find anybody like him.

Michiru felt Rukawa's finger entwining hers under the table. She looked at him instantly and gave him a disarming smile in return. His facial appearance did not change, but she understands it quite well. She knows that he was never that 'showy' when it comes to showing his affections, and she had learned to accept that fact. He may never normally smile or smile back to her when there's many people around but his eyes shows and tells her everything she wants to know and see. That's what's important to her. It was enough.

Still locked in each other's stare, "Eherm," Ayako interrupted them.

They broke off. "We better get back to our classes, lovey-doveys," she smiled mischievously at the two.

And off they went to their respective rooms.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

That afternoon, Rukawa told Michiru that their Coach had wanted their team to observe Sayo and Kaiken High's match that will be held in Tomigaoka gym shortly.

Sayo…? That's where I went the other day…

She suddenly remembered her volleyball match with their Basketball team captain.

Sendoh… Akira. I think that's his name.

"So, are you coming with me? But if you still have council stuffs to do, I could just fetch you from your office then we'll go straight to Mom after the game," Rukawa suggested.

"Huh?" Michiru seemed startled. "Oh yeah, I'm going to see your Mom I almost forgot," she thought for a second. I have already met the deadline of my report yesterday, checked tomorrow's games… I think a little relaxation with Honey wouldn't hurt. And its my way of making up to him after what I did yesterday…

"So…?"

"Lemme just get my things…"

Sayo Junior High's coaster came earlier in Tomigaoka as expected. When the bus stopped at their parking lot, the players began to come down one by one from the bus.

Rukawa whispered to Michiru upon seeing the filthy rich Sayo athletes. "We'd better join my teammates inside. I can't stand these show-offs…" he muttered.

Michiru grinned up at her boyfriend. "You go ahead, honey. I'll follow. I might be needed here, you know."

Fox Man did not reply. Instead he just turned Michiru to face him to give her a light peck on the lips. "We're at the right wing."

She gave him a sheepish smile. "Okay."

Oblivious to their surroundings, a tall spiky-haired guy's eyes narrowed upon seeing their intimate gesture from the coaster.

"So she has a boyfriend, I see…"

Please leave me a review. Thanks! More reviews, faster chapters! @_@x Thanks!