Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Catch My Heart ❯ A New Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Please," Haruko Akagi pleaded. "Please let my highschool life start off amazing and put me in the same class as Rukawa-kun."
Kaede Rukawa. Haruko first fell in love with him when she saw him playing basketball. He was on the enemy team, but she couldn't help but cheer for him. He was so gorgeous. As a basketball fan herself, Rukawa, to her, was like... a god.
"Why don't you confess to him already?" her friend, Matsui asked.
"Wh-What!? R-R-Ru-Rukawa-kun?! I couldn't!"
"Then, introduce yourself."
Haruko sighed and took a sip of her drink.
"Matsui, if it were that easy, trust me, I would've done it when i first laid my eyes on him. H-He doesn't talk much, you know? Half of the time I don't even know what he's thinking about. Oh, and the Rukawa club would murder me."
Matsui ate some fries.
"Then, I don't get it. Why are you so in love with him?"
Haruko thought long and hard about this.
"I don't know, I just am. Besides, I don't want to be asked by the person who likes Youh--"
"STOP! You so did not just go there."
"Alright, Alright!" Haruko joked around.
After they finished their meal, they left the fast food restaurant. Just as they were about to head out the door, speak of the devil, Rukawa was riding his bicycle past by.
Matsui got an evil idea.
While Haruko was too busy freaking out, Matsui tripped her, just in time Rukawa passed by. Haruko fell on top of Rukawa, crushing his bicycle.
"Oww... ite..." Rukawa looked up, and saw Haruko on top of him.
"Ru-Ru-Ru-Rukawa- kun!! I am so sorry!"
He helped her up and picked up his bicycle.
"It's fine." he said, and started getting on his bicycle.
Haruko was too embarassed. She wanted to run away.
"Hey Akagi."
Haruko turned back around. Was Rukawa-kun actually talking to her?
"See you around."
Haruko was lovestruck. She could feel the hotness bursting out of her face, as Rukawa rode away. She hated but loved Matsui. Because of her, she was able to talk to Rukawa-kun. But again, she embarassed herself in front of him.
All these thoughts were running through her mind on the walk home. Rukawa-kun... how does he know my name? Probably because of my brother only. See you around...? What's that supposed to mean? Her face was beet red. She couldn't calm down.
"Onii-chan, I'm home!" Haruko closed the door behind her.
"Yo~, Haruko you're late! ... What's wrong? Why is your face so red?" He asked.
"N-N-Nothing! Well, I need to do my homework now so oyasumi!!" Haruko rushed. He stood there with a confused expression.