Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions: Broken Circle ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Yes, I am aware I hadn't updated in a long time, but school! And homework! You won't proabably see anotehr update as soon either. end of the year stuff, but after that I promise to have more out!

Reviewers:

Nellie - Hmm...I Think I can create a Fujima cheer squad somewhere...(lol)

Sendoh - Here's a new chapter, just for you! ^_~ (Don't tell the other's I said that.)

kimi-chan - Lol, you'll see yourself soon, uh demo Kimi-chan, u forgot something in ur description of you're character for me...(hint: looks)

icko14 - : p, maybe you're just [a bit] dense. j/k! I think this chapter might just clear it out for you, I'll a wait for your comments!

Tensai- man - sush, thanks for teh compliment, I'm really not that good. You guys need to stop teasing me. And don't worry, the 'tensai' will show up soon.

chescaOtaku - Arigouto! And I think you just wrote me my longest review yet! *hugs and holds out award trophy* And I don't think this chapter is very cliche, don't you?

fehrocious - Hmm...lemme see where I can put you in...how about...oh! I got an idea...*grins evilly* You'll come in soon...

super rookie - Thank you! And I hope you're reviews will be beautifully written too!

hey - I'm thinking..Jenny?

Chapter Four


It was after dark and she was at the school, but she didn't really care. Her head hurt, her feet hurt, and her heart hurt. It was going to be snowing in hell before she gave a darn right now about how that students weren't allowed at school after closing hours, how that she was suppose to be home and how that she was an idiot who hurt her friend again.

Okay, maybe she did care about that last one.

{Damn it all to hell!} She shouted in her mind and stomped angrily up the stairs, knowing that she was going to nowhere, but she needed a purpose to her strides, just to keep moving. She couldn't stop.

" How long are you going to be like this?"

Sani looked sharply to the voice. "What?"

Misui pushed herself off of the wall of the second level hallway, in which they were in right now. " You can't hold a grudge forever," she informed her, " and she won't always be there to forgive you."

" It's none of your business." Sani barked, " Stay out of it."

" You think you're the only one who feels the pain?" Misui shot out, " Eisei's hurting just as much as you, if not more."

" Shut up." Sani commanded.

" Stop living in a world of delusions and wake up to reality already. The world doesn't revolve around you."

" Shut up." She demanded again.

" Love like that is bound to hurt," Misui continued, ignoring her words. " but maybe over time it will dull into something tolerable. But until then, you're just going to have to deal, like the rest of us have to."

" Butt out!" She shouted and turned sharply on her heel to run.

Misui reached out grabbed her wrist to restrain her, " Do you, or do you not want to be with Eisei?!"

Sani didn't reply, but instead fought against her and tried to free her hand from hers.

" She is something truly remarkable." Misui related, " I don't think any one of us want to lose her. So don't make us all suffer for your own selfishness."

She calmed and stood still for the moment, " Shut up, and let go."

Misui released her hand, and as soon as she did, Sani took off and was out of there before she could do anything else.

Run away...

" Damn girl," Misui said, lulling her head back to stare up at the ceiling, " grow up already. I don't know how much longer we can wait."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Smile and keep smiling; even if you are sad because you never know if somebody could be falling in love with your smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Eisei was a cheerful person, she was ever hardly down in front of her peers and she always had energy to spare. She was almost like one of those anime characters that were always sugar high. Eisei loved chocolate.

She was nice and she was always willing to lend a helping hand if need be, she was very easy to be around. She could ease your conscience, talk to you in a soft voice, be patient, be there next to you and listen to all you need to say, no matter how much.

She was a good listener.

She smiled a lot.

When she was happy, she smiled. When she was sad, she smiled. She said when she was sad and she smiled, the bad memories were pushed to the back of her mind. It was like a refuge to her sometimes for that.

She told her that. And people told her that.

Kara.

But Kara wondered sometimes, now, if that was true. Her friend, she hadn't been cheerful, hadn't been perky, and hadn't smiled for the longest time...

She wondered what that meant.

And she wondered whose fault it really was.

~~~~~~~~~~

She entered the classroom quietly, and locking the door behind her, she leaned onto it and sighed. The first floor hallway was empty behind her.

" So did you guys talk?"

She turned and gave a smile to her friend Kara. " If you can call it a talk, yeah."

" What do you mean?"

" I spoke for the both of us. I'm tired of her always running away, and maybe this way she'll finally stop."

Kara tilted her head, curious. " How can you speak for the both of you?"

" I've known her long enough to know how she thinks, and I know how she would have respond, is she had chosen to respond. Chosen to stop running."

" So did she?"

"...You tell me Kara. I'm tired of chasing after her."

" And you? How are you doing?"

" You're so nosy Kara."

Kara waved it off with a shrug, " Can't do anything about it. Now, how are you doing?"

She sighed, " How do you think I'm doing?"

" Still yet to face the problem, but you seem to be preparing to meet it head on. Quite good for a person who's running."

She snorted, " No thanks, I'll leave the running to Sani."

Kara raised an eyebrow, " Oh yeah? Then what have you been doing for so long?"

She looked down to the ground beneath her feet, her voice soft. " Hiding." Kara was silent, waiting for Eisei to continue.

" I've always been hiding. That's the difference between me and Sani, she's running so she can find a place to hide. But I've been doing that from the start," she looked up and smiled at Kara with soft teary eyes, " I'm tired of hiding Kara. And Sani is tired of running too."

" Eisei…"

" No I don't think that's correct. I think we've both been tired for a long time, but we kept going and pushing ourselves until we would give out from exhaustion."

" But why Eisei?" Kara asked anguish. " Why? Neither of you are happy this way."

Eisei looked upon her tenderly, " Because no one told us it was time to stop. No one told us."

Kara threw her arms around her friend and hugged her close, unwilling to let her go. Tears streamed down her cheeks, as she wished she could, somehow, someway, make her friend stop hurting. " You can stop hurting now, Eisei. You don't have to hide anymore."

She looked past her friend's shoulder to the wall, her eyes gently filling with warm liquid, but unable to let them fall. " It's not that easy Kara…"

" It's never that easy Eisei. We can only hope."

She buried her face into Kara's shoulder as her friend held her like one would an infant, rocking her gently and cooing softly, and she let her eyes fall closed, and wished for tears.

~~~~~~~

I didn't hate him.

I admired him.

His looks, his talent, his potential. Everything.

He had so much in him, and it was purely him. It wasn't just luck and pure talent too he worked for it. I saw him everyday after school in the gym whenever I choose to take a peek to see if he was there, practicing.

He was always there.

I don't think it ever occurred to me that I looked just like one of his fan girls. I already had a boyfriend, and I don't think he ever brought it to my attention, since he didn't really care, since his attention was somewhere else. Since both our attention was somewhere else.

He had skill. I saw that the first time I ever laid eyes on him, but so did the coach. And soon, so did everyone else.

Rukawa.

It was a name that exploded overnight at the school.

I admired him; he had so much self-worth, and would make it so much farther in this world than most of us. This world that would swallow you whole if you didn't watch out.

I constantly talked about him and pointed him out to my friends and peers, I idolized him. He was perfect. Perfect in everyway possible, at least, he was then.

Then that night happened, when my friend's brother phoned me and told me she wasn't home and asked worriedly if I knew where she was. I remembered there was a sports party at the school, she was probably there -the girls on the teamed all loved her- and so I told him that. He was relieved and hung up, and I didn't stop him. Even though I didn't tell him one important thing.

I felt something was extremely wrong.

I was running towards the school before I knew it, faster and faster, pumping my legs out from beneath me to go farther and to cover the distance as quick as possible. There was something I needed to stop, something I needed to be there for, yet no matter how fast I ran, I felt a sense of futileness.

And then I finally got there.

I pushed open the school doors and ran in, through the lobby, past the office and down the halls. Turning, twisting, every corner before me was an obstacle I need to pass and then I saw it.

Saw them.

Saw her.

Saw the slumped back, unseeing, unmoving forms.

Saw her slumped back, unseeing, unmoving form.

Eisei.

And then she looked at me with those eyes, those soft dark eyes of brown, and I knew.

I called out to her, and watched as she responded. She said something and I said something, it doesn't really matter anymore. After awhile I snapped, I had to get away, because I knew, knew from looking at her, knew from looking at them, I lost.

I don't hate him.

In fact, now, I admire him more than ever .

I envy him.

He succeeded where I was failed.

He taught her how to love.

He has her love.

*******
Hiasobi: Hope you guys like this and I hope this cleared up some things. I'll try to get the net chapter out sooner, but no promises...but for that, I'll make the next chapter longer! How about it? Please review!