Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Side ❯ Shockwaves ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

As usual, I don't own any of the slam-dunk characters.

Chapter 3: Shockwaves

//thoughts//

~^Flashbacks ^~

* Actions *

"Japanese"

'English'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ < p class="MsoNormal">

Last Chapter

In a few minutes, after he felt that yes his lungs won't burst any second from now, he slowly sat up and faced Sakuragi.

'Now let's talk.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Tuesday, at class 1 - 7

15 minutes before the start of the day's lessons.

Two exhausted and sleepy students was already sprawled on their respective desks and totally lost to the curious glances from other early birds. It is no wonder that these two would be on the receiving end of the glances since both are not wearing their uniforms; both are not known as early students and are usually barely in time for school; and most of all, the difference in appearance of one particular student.

5 minutes before class

The class is filled with the usual students but this time, everyone was quiet and alternately staring between both boys. Most of the girls are already lost causes, which can be seen with all the heart shapes in their eyes. The area outside of the class is packed with drooling and heart shapes eyes girls staring at both of the sleeping boys especially at the red head.

When the sensei arrived, after arriving 15 minutes late due to pushing his way through the throngs of girls outside of his class, he panted from the exertion he had to go through.

//This is ridiculous. What in the world are these girls doing?//

With these confused thoughts, he went towards his desk, not noticing the fact that none of his students are paying any attention to him. When no greetings from the class are heard, he frowned and looked up, only to find all the students staring at something. Following the line of visions, he spotted something red. He blinked, then took off his glasses, rubbed them and put them on again. Once his mind registered that yes his eye-sight is alright, his eyes widen and jaw dropped.

"Sakuragi Hanamichi?!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

5 minutes before the start of the class (Sakuragi's POV)

The red head stirred from his sleep and laid his cheeks on his arm with his face facing the doorway. By this time, practically all the 1st year girls are gathering outside the door. The sleepy and dense red head yawned indicating his sleepiness.

//Hmmm. Is there a gathering for today? I don't remember Youhei or sensei mentioning anything about it.//

Still filled with sleepiness, he pushed back his now-new-and-totally-cool-hairstyle. The action was futile because as soon as he lifted his hands away, the hair went back in place. (a/n: he now has a new hairstyle. There's a side parting to the left and the fringes are cut in such a way that every time he pushes it back, it will go back to its original position. Sorry if I'm not too descriptive about it but I really suck in describing it. Just use your imagination on what you think he will look best in if you want.)

Sighing, he rubbed his eyes drowsily and after shaking his head to clear the haze in his mind due to lack of sleep, he finally looked up. When he looked at his classmates, he sweat dropped. He sighed again.

//Oh boy. Maybe I shouldn't have cut my hair//

He tilted his head slightly to the left and lifted an eyebrow towards his classmates. His eyes now shining with amusement at the shocked looks. The right corner of his mouth lifted slightly but dropped again as a movement at the doorway attracted his attention.

Upon setting his eyes at the doorway, his eyes widen in surprise and confusion. He blinked in amazement at the sight that greeted him. Girls from the other 1st year classes were gathered outside his classrooms and all of them had heart shaped eyes. AND, they were pinning those eyes towards him. When that fact entered into his brain, he straightened up and his body instantly tensed, ready to run at any moment , if it was possible that is since there was no way out unless he intends to jump from the window. He sweat dropped again and let out another sigh.

//Alright, now I know I shouldn't have cut my hair and cleaned up. What in the world possessed me to change back to being Ken?//

He gave out another sigh and was about to turn towards Youhei when a commotion stirred outside of the class. He turned back and glance at the doorway. What he saw made him sweat dropped again. Amidst the crowd of girls, shouts of "Let me through! Let me through!" can be heard. Having recognized the voice of his sensei, he sweat dropped but then let out a small chuckle at the situation. Shaking his head in amusement, he smiled and stared at the crowd.

//Maybe this is not so bad. He he.//

Feeling amused, he glanced at the clock in front of his class and then turned to Youhei, who by now was already awake and rubbing his eyes. Catching Youhei's attention, he grinned and nodded his head towards the direction of the doorway.

Confused, as he was still sleepy, Youhei raised an eyebrow and yawned before turning to look at the doorway. He turned just in time to see his sensei, panting and sweating, entering the class after getting through a crowd of GIRLS?!! At that, he quickly glanced back at Sakuragi with a grin on his face. Sakuragi, still grinning, just shrugs his shoulder and gave him a wink. He chuckled and slowly shook his head in amusement.

During the moments when Sakuragi was smiling, grinning and giving the wink to Youhei, the girls were in seventh heaven. All of them could only sigh at the vision of perfection (a/n: perfection to me at least. I'm just creating my perfect guy but this time with red hair. So kirei and kawaii. Sigh dreamily).

When the sensei uttered his name, Sakuragi jumped slightly in his chair, since he totally forgot about his sensei in his amusement. He quickly paid attention to his sensei, whom by now looked like he was about to have a heart attack. Before his sensei could utter a word, a loud voice boomed from the hallway.

"What in the world is going on?!" roared a voice. "Get back to your classes NOW!!!"

By the word "NOW", every single one of the girls outside of the class disappeared. The rest of his classmates who couldn't enter the class, due to the crowd, quickly went to their seats.

"Sito-sensei! What is the meaning of this? Why are all the girls gathering outside your class?" roared a very upset and very angry principal. The said principal gave a glare at the sensei. The sensei, whom by now is sweating excessively and not to mention in a confused state, could only stammer an uncertain, "I have no idea!"

Seeing the frown at the principal's already frowning face, he quickly added, "I think they just came to take a look at Sakuragi-san."

The principal raised an eyebrow and scanned the class for the red head. Once spotting his target, he felt his jaw drop. Meanwhile, Sakuragi was enjoying the drama enfolding in front of him.

//Wow, this is better than the crappy sitcoms they have on TV. Wonder what will happen next.//

When he saw his principal's reaction to his new look, he again tried to stop the laughter that was bubbling in his throat and let out an amused chuckle instead. He quickly gave a glance at Youhei, who was also watching the scene with amusement. When he glanced back at the principal, he waited for a reaction from the principal.

//If his jaw drops any lower, I think a basketball can fit in.//

Silence. Everyone in the class was tense except for the two students, who just looked on in amusement.

*chirp*

The silence went on for so long that Sakuragi sweat dropped again.

//Good Lord. It can be that much of a shock to see me like this. What the hell is wrong with these people?//

He sighed and then abruptly stood up, causing the rest of the class and the two senseis to blink at him.

"Do you want to have a talk with me sensei or can we go back to starting the lesson?" he asked wryly. The principal blinked and shook his head to gather his confused thoughts. His thoughts before was along these lines.

//Sakuragi??? That boy is Sakuragi??? No way?! That boy can't be Sakuragi. Sakuragi is nothing but a misfit who looks like a gangster. Nope. He can't be this handsome young man.//

Upon hearing the red head's voice, his eyes widen and this time his thoughts were along these lines.

//OH. MY. GOD. That voice IS SAKURAGI'S. It's a bit different but I'm sure it's his. What in the world is going on?//

Finally, after giving Sakuragi a long stare, he spoke slowly, "Where is your uniform, Sakuragi-san?"

Sakuragi shifted his foot and sheepishly he looked at the principal while he rubbed the nape of his neck. "Ummm, Youhei and I kinda rushed to school thinking we overslept. However it seems like we arrived too early and fell asleep. We were so tired, we didn't bother going home to change into our uniform. Gomen sensei."

When he finished apologizing, the principal's eyes widen even more( a/n: if that was possible). Recovering his voice and composure, he looked at Youhei and Sakuragi. Finally he spoke, "It's ok boys but don't let me see you doing this again." With that he dazedly told Sito-sensei to continue his class and walked out of class 1-7 in a daze.

During the lessons of the day, none of the girls in Sakuragi's class paid attention to any of the sensei and can be seen either giving quick glances towards Sakuragi or day dreaming about the red head. In the meantime, Youhei was getting red in the face from trying to stop laughing. He nearly burst out laughing at the uncomfortable look on Sakuragi's face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

During recess

Since Youhei and Sakuragi came to school early, they haven't met up with the rest of the guntai. As they were walking out of the class, they heard a voice calling out for them.

"Oi Hanamichi. Youhei!"

"Yeah, wait a second"

"Where were you…?"

The question was soon forgotten when they saw Sakuragi.

*THUD* *THUD* *THUD*

Sounds of 3 jaws dropping can be heard.

Sakuragi grinned when he saw their expression and Youhei, who was suppressing his laughter throughout the whole lesson, finally burst out laughing with tears coming out of his eyes.

"Ha ha ha. *gasping for breath* Ha… na…michi. Ha ha ha."

Finally unable to control his laughter, he just continued laughing until he needed to support the wall, since his knees suddenly turned like jelly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile

"Oh kami-sama. Did you see him? I never thought he can be that gorgeous," gushed a girl.

"I know. I can't believe my eyes," gushed another.

"His smile is so wonderful," sighed a girl dreamily.

Soon every single girl who saw Sakuragi's new look was smitten and the canteen was soon filled with excited girls informing their friends the latest news.

On her way meeting Haruko and Fujii, Matsui overheard a girl talking about someone who is better looking than Rukawa. Filled with curiosity, she approached the girl.

"Who are you talking about?"

Upon hearing the question, the girl excitedly said, "Sakuragi Hanamichi. I can't believe he is that good looking. He is just so sexy and cool with his new look." She went on gushing on how kawaii and gorgeous Sakuragi looked like, but Matsui was already walking away in deep thought.

//Sakuragi Hanamichi? Better looking than Rukawa? So that must be why so many girls was around his class.//

Determined to find out if her other two friends might have seen Sakuragi's new look, she started running to meet them. When she met them, the usually-shy-and-not-a-squeak-out-of-her Fujii is busy gushing to Haruko about Sakuragi's new look. Haruko, being the dense girl that she is, was just nodding and was busy looking at Rukawa, who happens to pass by. Matsui sweat dropped.

//*sigh* well, I guess Fujii already saw him.//

Shaking her head, she quickly joined them and was soon asking Fujii about Sakuragi's new look.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

"Matte Akagi. Have you heard? Every single girl is talking about how Sakuragi has changed," said the slightly out of breath Kogure.

Akagi frowned. "I don't care what they're talking about. Wait until I find that baka"

He cracked his knuckle and his eyes were burning with rage. His mind was still on yesterdays practice.

Kogure sweat dropped and then sighed, knowing that Sakuragi cannot avoid his fate from receiving a punch on the head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

At the canteen

"Oi minna. Did you hear about Sakuragi? I heard that practically every 1st year girls was crowding his class," said Mitsui as he slid his tray on the table and joined the rest of the basketball team.

"Me too. I even heard the girls gushing on how gorgeous and sexy he was," said Miyagi. He then took a bite of his sandwich.

Everyone turned and stared open-mouthed at him. Chomping his sandwich, he finally noticed the attention. "What?" he asked confused.

"Sakuragi is gorgeous?" asked Mitsui slowly, having a look of disbelief on his face.

"Sexy?" said Ayako.

"I only know what I heard," protested Miyagi loudly. "Ask the 1st years if you don't believe me. I'm sure they heard something as well."

As one all of them turned to the four present 1st years. The three just shifted around uneasily and nodded. Meanwhile, Rukawa is surprisingly not sleeping.

"Hn. Do'aho"

At that, everyone sweat dropped.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

After school, near practice time.

Everyone was tense. The noise made by girls surrounding the gym was unbearable. To make it more unbelievable for the team was the fact that it wasn't the Rukawa shinentais who were making the noise. All the girls were busy trying to find Sakuragi.

"I can't believe this," muttered Mitsui in disbelief.

"Hanamichi has a fan club?" muttered a dazed Miyagi.

"Sakuragi Hanamichi???" frowned Ayako.

Sitting in a corner, Rukawa quietly muttered "Do'aho" and glared at the noisy girls.

"Hn. More Do'ahos"

Meanwhile, Akagi was frowning and glaring at the crowd of girls. Kogure was shifting in discomfort while the other members were doing their warm-ups, while glancing around for the source of all the chaos.

Akagi was about to shout to everyone to gather when a scream from the girls can be heard. Everyone jumped and quickly turned to face the direction of the scream.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

A/n: Ummm. I don't know what to say about this chapter. I think it's gonna take me a few more chapters to explain what or more exactly, who is the real Sakuragi and Youhei. So bear with me okay. The next few chaps will be a bit too serious so that I can give a better explanation. Hope those who are reading this will continue to do so.

p/s: do any of you think I should do yaoi? I'm a ruhana and senhana fan but I don't mind any other pairings. Still, I don't know if I should turn this into a yaoi. Comments? Oh and please R & R